** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

How do horses get such strange names?

Re: How do horses get such strange names? Some years ago in Australia there were two horses running around and they actually ran in the same race one day...their names were "Ruthless Dick" and "Ginger Mick"... the commentator found it very difficult not to piss himself laughing as he called the race...............true story :loon

Re: How do horses get such strange names? Loved this when ATR showed the race. The wifenowesevrything in the same race as the wifedosentknow, brilliant commentary http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/7965262/Horse-race-tongue-twister-My-Wife-Knows-Everything-vs-The-Wife-Doesnt-Know.html that's some coincedence 3 min apart, sorry mods can you please delete.

Re: How do horses get such strange names?

That was a good one last year in America with 'My wife knows everything' and 'The wife doesn't know' Almost inevitably they fought out the finish............:lol
Larry Colmis, one of America's top commentators, well he must be if NBC get him to call the triple crown

Mary Hinge trained by Sir Henry Cecils ex during the 90s ' date=' still laugh thinking about it after all those years.[/quote'] this is the one i most remember FUCTIFINO would be good or NORFOLK ENCHANCE (nicked off a former poster on here)

Noble Locks is a horse I remember well for its name' date=' used to run at Wolves a fair bit I think. It was certainly a case of one slipping through the net.[/quote'] I bet the commentators go through the names to make them aware of any pratfalls

Re: How do horses get such strange names? There was a horse that ran in Ireland called Slippery Dick, the funniest moment i recall with this one was, when the commentator said "Slippery Dick is coming from behind and gets up to win by a Length From another forum, But I do remember the Horse

Don't think Wetherbys knew what Dirty Sanchez was a reference to when they passed it ' date=' was a moderate hurdler only a few seasons ago for a lesser name trainer.[/quote'] Oh bleeding hell sorry i checked now. what a world.