** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Celebrity Big Brother (betting)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Ive seen 12.0 for Bez to be next housemate to be evicted and im definately on that. That Bez is a AA, drug-snorting, wirery voiced idiot. I cant understand how he has survived for so long. If they dont give him anymore smack or booze, he'll crack up and the public will kick him out A.S.A.P. So im on Bez to be next out at 12.0

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting)

Ive seen 12.0 for Bez to be next housemate to be evicted and im definately on that. That Bez is a AA' date=' drug-snorting, wirery voiced idiot. I cant understand how he has survived for so long. If they dont give him anymore smack or booze, he'll crack up and the public will kick him out A.S.A.P. So im on Bez to be next out at 12.0[/quote'] I agree with your sentiments about this huge waste of space but I fear that you may have done your dough. The public are not voting people out. They are supporting their favourites. Bez has his supporters. The one that tends to lose is the person who most people are indifferent to. They simply do not get the required support. On this occasion I think that Caprice is most likely to get the boot.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Ive only stuck £20 on Bez...so it wont hurt me too bad. Never the less thanks for the advice. I just feel that the night he went crazy because he was on a downer when he ran out of his smack...sorry "speed" could have have made him the next to go. Come on ppl in punters lounge "Dont vote for BEZ":hope

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Personally I think Bez is class. I also think alot of people will agree with me and therefore he will not get evicted for a while. I really think he has a strong chance of winning. However, I would rather bet on something I actually know about rather than something which could quite easily be fixed!

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) I quite like Bez. He's the only one thats stayed 'true' and normal. I bet most of his mates would look at him in the house and recognise him whereas the others are all up their own arses and putting on a performance. Having said that - I dont think he'll get the mum and dad vote in this because he isnt squeeky clean enough. Best bit of Bez (some one mentioned it a while back) was when the house was in turmoil, fur was flying and the birds were crying... Bez stood up and said 'anyone want a cuppa?' Class. Brigitte to win :hope

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Thanks Ian :o - I advised laying Lisa after show one and advised laying Caprice (oooer) last night. Laying is the bet to make in this game not backing. Backing the winner is too risky as you never know how it will be edited. But laying is easier as you knew from the start that Lisa was an alienating bossy boots and that Caprice was a vacuous bore. No matter how it was edited they would never be entertaining to the public. Lay - never back on these shows. :ok :ok

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) I made money on this show with my two lays so I didn't really care who won last night to be honest. But Bez? The winner? I hear he is a nice guy - 'on the out' - however he's a drug addled, moody arse. He said all other contestants were 'tossers' because they nominated him and the public thought that this was sooooooo cool that they voted him the winner? Crikey, that says everything about this country that you need to know. Bridgette seemed to have had to put up with the most in there and deserved to win in my opinion. Mind you her silly 'diggity' cry, whilst playing an air guitar, got right up my nose to be honest. Nah fcuk it. They are all bumholes. :lol

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Well my book was all green (mainly thanks to the 'any other' tip for the 1st eviction, thanks whoever it was that gave it), and i lost interest in the program after the second eviction so i just let it ride. Haven't done too badly, in fact it was my best betting performance for a while and i've increased my bank by just under a third. And is it me or was bez well and truly off his trolley when he came out?

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Paul - yup - thought Bez looked off his nut like. I dunno though if he is just gormless and stares into space - or if he's genuinely funkt. Pleased Bez won, even though I would have got more money from Brigitte. I lost interest after Jackie left really. It became too nice. Chuffed for Bez and chuffed for me... :)

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) As you've probably read about it in the papers, the betting sting came true. Punters kept hammering to punt on Bez at odds against whilst there was enough mugs to bet on Kenzie who was still incredibly long odds-on. Bookies didn't take a blind bit of notice. Of course Bez winning was a fooking fix. If I was a bookie, I'd be crying foul like those guys at William Hill. The producers of course deny that anybody who had any inside info used it to their advantage (well of course they boody would!). Bollocks to them and the EPS. 54% of the vote? Most of them from those who put their money on Bez, of course. The first time in eight UK Big Brothers that a big odds-on shot gets turned over (and how!). Not that I had a single penny on this farce (shame really, I should have backed Bez to win this festival of crapola) but come the summer, I'm gonna fooking ignore the bastard piece of shit show. The voting is ripe for fixing. As a genuine betting event, Big Brother's dead. As a TV show, it truly is unwatchable. Of course, I wouldn't be saying any of this had I put money on Bez but my scepticism has proved to be right. FIX.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Well-planned betting stings from sinister groups of slick well-organised punters. The odds did keep on dropping on Betfair on Bez. Those who put a load of money on him to win the whole thing before he was up for eviction against John McCririck wanted to keep him in. The secret is timing. They did a fantastic stitch-up job and some folks (layers, bookies, punters) got caught. This is probably the same lot who got Michelle McManus to win Pop Idol at odds of 9/1 plus, David Sneddon to win the first Fame Academy at odds of 20/1 plus and Will Young to overturn Gareth Gates in the first Pop Idol at odds of 3/1 plus, Nadia to win Big Brother 5 (I hear Paddy Power and William Hill got stung surprisingly badly last summer when they had punters piling in on the 33/1 on offer for a transsexual to win). ....usually they'll stick to a favourite and keep them there like Joe Pasquale, Phil Tufnell, Jack Dee, Mark Owen et al but sometimes, there's absolutely no reason why somebody wins. I don't have any concrete physical proof but I'm convinced the reality show betting cartels are out there and that inside information is being used in each and every one of 'em.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Betting cartel maybe, but how does that influence the public vote? I can see how they can make the betfair market go one way or the othger, start off an avalanche like - but I cant see how they influence the vote. I picked Bez from the off because he's a normal guy. Similarily, was listening to Talksport and they tipped Joe Pasquale on the first day because he was a funny guy. Sometimes its easy to pick a winner by looking at the cretins they are with and deciding who cant win. Stereo - if you watch E4, you can pre-empt tomorrow nights show and get the good prices while they last. If you know what the presenters wantfrom the show, its just about second guessing them. Like when Brigitte threatened to walk - I backed her at 3am when she was in crisis talks in the Diary Room - at 42's. I knew she wasnt gonna walk because the show would fall apart and Ch4 would lose loads of money. The next day, the price bottomed out. No cartel there, just obsessive viewing... Same when Jackie came to the house. I backed her to win and then when I thought about how the edit would look - I layed her to win and backed her to be first evicted before the bandwagon started to roll. Nowt sus there....anyway.... vvvvv interesting - maybe there'll be something in the press about it! If you here anything, keep us posted mate...

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) I think what stereo is saying is that someone in the production team knows the state of play with regards to the voting and can use this information to maybe lay kenzie all day long, suppressing the price and forcing others to drift. Then once The person who he KNOWS is going to come out on top in a particular vote has drifted far enough get on big. He wins twice :)

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) very true:o, in my defence it was early. OK i'll use a different example, 'Any other' drifted out to 300s in the first evection, on the basis that Jackie wasn't eligible. Now someone, somwhere in the production team knew that the rules were going to change to allow jackie to be evicted first. It would take someone of iron morals not to log on to betfair for a sneaky flutter at 300s. Maybe stereo man is suggesting that certain people in the production team in positions of influence changed the rules simply to take advantage of the huge price. It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Yes but unless the counting of votes for the winner was a fix then I dont see how the insider knowledge could cause Kenzie's price to drop by such an amount. I dont think it's the shortest priced losing bet ever on BB however, in BB4 I think Jon Tickle was around 1/20 for eviction and survived. It happens. To say it makes BB an event you cannot bet on is bullsh1t. If you believe it's unpredictable and that the markets are volatile then surely there is value in the long shots?? And another point: BB was not intended as a betting event but a TV show!!

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting)

Well-planned betting stings from sinister groups of slick well-organised punters. The odds did keep on dropping on Betfair on Bez. Those who put a load of money on him to win the whole thing before he was up for eviction against John McCririck wanted to keep him in. The secret is timing. They did a fantastic stitch-up job and some folks (layers, bookies, punters) got caught.
What do you mean by betting stings? :unsure and stitch-up job? :unsure Must say I'm confused. I thought the market would be priced based mainly on the opinion polls on AOL etc. :eyes

• 2 months later...

In today's Sun It's not from me....I didn't bother to tell The fooking Sun about it. :rollin http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005180432,00.html Big Bruv 6 betting 'sting' By JOHN KAY TV INSIDERS are plotting a £1million Big Brother betting sting, it is feared. And bookies have had an anonymous tip off that secret info was used in past shows. The sixth series of the show, presented by Davina McCall, is due to start on May 27. And the mystery informant says a gang plans to use inside knowledge to pocket a fortune. Bookies William Hill believe it is possible to predict who will be evicted after only 1,000 votes. A Hills spokesman said some BB5 betting patterns were “suspicious”. And they suspect inside info was used during the last celebrity series — when they got a flurry of last-minute bets before Caprice and Jeremy Edwards got the boot. Channel 4 bosses last night said they had a “robust” system in place to prevent cheating. ===== I wouldn't trust Channel 4 if they paid me but it's Endemol they should be worrying about (it's them who do the 'vote-tallying' ain't it?). Celebrity Big Brother 3 and Big Brother 5 were both betting cock-ups with stupid stunts and rulings by Betfair that cost some people a fook load of money (not me I hasten to add, I didn't put any money on. I'm just a casual observer/conspiracy theorist). If you made any money on 'em, good for you but I am personally getting extremely weary (especially talent shows where we've seen a well-organised bet for Edith Bowman to win Celebrity Fame Academy 2 at odds as high as 16/1 to come in.). ....I even suspect that new crappy Saturday night hasbeens show on ITV1 is rigged (some say Shakin' Stevens or Chesney Hawkes has already signed the contract and it's a done deal).