** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Celebrity Big Brother (betting)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Channel 4 may have moved the goalposts once again. I read on another forum - digital spy -that Jackie can be nominated because of Germaines walk out Whilst this is not confirmed on the official website as far as I can see.There is a story that Bez is quoted as saying that he thinks that Jackie will be first out. He wouldn't say such a thing if she was not eligible for nomination would he? Personally, I can only see that their are likely to be two candidates for eviction in the shape of the two J's if this is correct. A reasonable bet, I believe, is to lay Lisa which I have just done at Betfair Ps This post was edited because I am not certain that Irish TW's link above is an official statement. It is the same link that appeared on The Digital spy forum and I also accepted at first that it was official when I first read it there. Does anyone know for sure

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) YOu can get Caprice at 5/6 Paddy Powers to outstay JOhn McCririck. Was 5/4 earlier but quickly went to 11/10 then 5/6 each of them. This is value IMO :) edit: They've removed this h2h now - didnt realise I was that much of a market mover!!

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Think Channel 4 want to get rid of Jackie. I dont see her staying to the end anyway. She has nothing to gain from it and seems to miss her home comforts - butlers, servants etc. Would make sense for them to get rid of her and keep the others. Love him or hate him, John is great entertainment and good for ratings. Controversy has got to be good for ratings.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) The voting method of 'which one do you want to save'?' however puts a tiny spanner in the works. There's no guarantee that either will get any votes. Easily manipulatible by pro-John and pro-Jackie gamblers. Jackie should lose but at 2/7, it's skinny.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) I agree stereoman, the odds on jackie are tiny given the voting method. However, i think C4 realise they've made an almighty balls-up bringing her in in the first place and will be editing her as badly as possible to make sure she goes. I don't mind though, with lisa out of the running i'm all green, which is highly unusual for me, i normally make a right pigs ear of it.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) at 2/7 Jackie is a skinny price to go I agree. Thing with Big Bro is anticipating changes before they happen. Looking at Betfair - some people backed the 'any other' first eviction at 300/1. Good luck to them I say! I got on at 18's for any other after laying off 'any other' to win. Fingers crossed here - my weekend depends on this eviction!

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Bloody hell - and I give up hope on our buxom big-bird Brigitte after I took 14's and winced as I saw her odds go up into the 30's..Now she's 5's and third favourite!!!:eek I even couldnt be arsed watchin it until tonight...Methinks I'll be watchin a bit more...;)

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Brigitte - I think she'll be the best placed woman at least. Lisa is too annoying and caprice is too fit IMO. Id say she's in with a good shout of winning it definitely. Its always difficult judging odds. I would make her, bez and kuntie about level with each other. I reckon Brigitte will get sympathy vote from people who say she's hard done by. She's actually a good laugh too and now Jackie is out - Im sure her odds will tumble. Probably the best way of judging it is asking who Channel 4 want to win and why. They have such power with the edit - choosing what to show. I reckon they want someone with longevity that they could make a star out of. Dont see the point in Kenzie winning. He's too young for his own show and seems to be pretty talentless. Jeremy maybe, if he wasnt so drab. 2 horse race for me, Bez and Brigitte. I reckon ch4 will want the bird to win and win lose or draw, I say she will get her own Channel 4 show. They havent found anyone to replace Graham Norton yet on Friday nights - maybe this is what they have lined up for her. Bear in mind that they paid her the largest appearance fee out of the lot. Think its too tight to call and will have to stay glued to E4 for any snippets of information.....

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Bez has just lost it IMO, i've just laid him at 6.6 i think he'll realy drift this next couple of days. When are the next nominations? And it looks like the punterslounge has been spared a picture of my arse with briggette coming in to 2nd favourite on betfair. I can't see her winning though. In fact i have absolutely no idea who's going to win.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) They showed him being quite aggressive tonight, and ended with him having a bad-mouthed rant in the diary room about not being able to sleep and getting snappy because they're not giving him enough alcohol to drink and he's had no smoke. The editing will have done him no favours with the public at all. He's already drifted slightly on the overall winners market and come in slightly to be the next eviction.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Bez and John up for eviction. It's going to be very interesting to see how C4 play the highlights show tonight. I've a feeling they're angling to get bez out, although John probably has an unassailable lead when it comes to who the public want out at the earliest possible time. I had a piece of john at 2.2 for this eviction and think i'll let it ride rather than laying it off. I'm a bit peeved though cause i had an order in to back bez at 10s that was matched before i heard about the nominations, he's out at 12.5 now:wall. Winner seems to be a straight fight between bridgette and kenzie. I've just layed [email protected], i firmly think that C4 are giving briggette the best possible chance. I even have a sneaky feeling that she was briefed about jackie going in before the program even started.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) I wouldn't be surprised. They have to justify why they paid her £160,000 and they'll probably do everything in their power (apart from rigging the vote but who really knows?) in order to keep Brigitte in. Betfair's odds suggest that 'everyone' knows and that John is around 2/5 and Bez 9/4 to be 2nd evicted.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Been reading the digitalspy forum and changed my mind about laying john. I've just layed him off at 1.5 and backed bez at 3.1. Sounds like bez has been a bit of a prick this last couple of days, my feeling is that bez's price to be next evicted will come in after tonights and tomorrows highlights show, and that they'll both be close to evens by the time voting closes.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Have been on the lash for the last couple of days and not really been watching Big Bro - occasionally checked this forum. Its all gone mad, I mean IMO - Bez was hot cert and now he's history.... I think with John, its a love hate thing. People want to keep him in the house to punish him. Sort of a peverted punishment. I hoped it might come down to Bez and Brigitte (my 2 biggest potential winners)... Anyhow - I say the big tittied Brigitte to win. Like stereoman said - how do we know that the votes are fairly counted? They might just say such a person wins and ignore the vote. Who's to know...

BYE BYE BEZ 2.8 still value at betfair Obviousely odds aren't as good now but BEZ still massive value to be the second evicted. I got on at 3.5 and e-mailed around. which is now around 2.8 on betfair. Badediting for Bez but he has not helped himself either with his antics over the weekend. I have lumped on big for this one. Reckon he will be around the evens mark by monday morning to allow some trade off.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Although Lisa cannot win, she's going to survive surprisngly long as she isn't seen in the same light inside the house as we see it on the outside i.e. she won't get nominated. The 2rd eviction is tonight. Bookies seemingly convinced John McCririck will be out today. The 3rd eviction with nominations possibly tonight/tomorrow no doubt will feature the loser of the 2nd eviction and one of Brigitte/Jeremy/Kenzie (Caprice and Lisa seem fooking immune to anyone's radar). I can't fooking willingly bet on this. You don't willingly part money on 'Any other' to be evicted at odds of 300/1 to be evicted unless you have inside info. We're now on Day 12 of 18 with the final on Sunday which suggests: Day 12: 2nd eviction (6 celebrities left) Day 13: Nominations for 3rd eviction Day 14: 3rd eviction (5 celebrities left) Day 15: Nominations for 4th eviction Day 16: 4th eviction (4 celebrities left) Day 17: Grace period Day 18: Final Big Brother 6 in the summer's going to be even worse at this rate as Endumball will again fook it up (face it, they fooked up Big Brother 5 as well as this as regards of it being a betting event) with it lasting FOUR months!

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Totally agree that endemol have fooked it right up. Too long and drawn out and too much 'short-sharp-shock' trouble making by the producers. IMO i would like to see them pick 10 people that WILL get on and let the tension grow organically as people that like each other have to start scheming and betraying their friends one by one. It's just cruel and pointless to put 12 people in a house that are going to hate each other and engineer situations to make sure they act accordingly.

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Hmmm....seems like they're mucking the format around again. No more nominations, the one with the least votes gets evicted on Wednesday. You can't bet on this unless you have inside info and even then who knows what the producers are doing? An excuse to keep the more expensive recruits until the bitter end or are they planning a huge betting sting?

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting) Paul, agree with what you say about the new series. Its loads better when the arguements are genuine - caused by a genuine dislike/hatred rather than a superficial dislike. I like the scheming and when best mates stab each other in the back. Does make compulsive viewing....

Re: Celebrity Big Brother (betting)

YOu can get Caprice at 5/6 Paddy Powers to outstay JOhn McCririck. Was 5/4 earlier but quickly went to 11/10 then 5/6 each of them. This is value IMO :) edit: They've removed this h2h now - didnt realise I was that much of a market mover!!
Hope some of you got on ;)