BBOTD 25th June

17:30 Chester Kiama Bay - 1pt win @ sp Kiama Bay has been in great form this year winning hes last two starts and for this run he is ahead of the handicapper which should help alot and if he runs like he did back in March he should prove to strong for the field and get the hatrick win

Re: BBOTD 25th June 2.15 Newmarket - 1pt win Queens Revenge @ 10/1 (Boyles) Wrote this prior to the Albany in which she was entered.

Queens Revenge is more of immediate concern, as she is entered in the Albany stakes on Friday (no indication of price at the moment - but I imagine she'll be fancied but backable.) She made her career debut at Ripon over 5f on the 7th April for Tim Easterby, and went off an 11/2 shot. She fell out of the stalls, and looked to be struggling at half way, but she made excellent late ground to storm past the leader and score by a head at the line. The 2nd horse was the Richard Fahey trained Alejandro, and the pair were well clear. Alejandro knew his job better than Queens Revenge on the day, and went on to win easily from the Ripon 3rd at Musselburgh on his 2nd start. He was hampered and didn't have a great run through at York but managed to finish 5th of 10 behind the very useful Gatepost (unfortunate at Ascot today in the Coventry), and since ran behind Windsor Castle winner Frederick Engels. So there is no doubt she did beat something at Ripon. Ripon is notoriously difficult to make ground up at, with its undulating nature, so for a 2yo to make up as much ground as she did on her debut was highly impressive. Not only Alejandro has come out of the Ripon race and won well, however. Princess Banu, beaten over 8l by Queen's Revenge, won tidily at Newcastle next time out (with a subsequent winner in 3rd). Princess Banu ran a 4l 5th in a listed race at Epsom also. You have to really watch the race to gauge how likable this performance was. A head victory in a Ripon maiden might not send the juices flowing, but this form is rock solid, and should come on massively for the run given her slow start and green nature in the race. She touched 33/1 in running on Betfair. I fancied her at York but she didn't take her chance, and might not have been fully wound up when sent to Beverley on the 25th May. I strongly fancied her here and I got a great run for my money, but the race panned out awfully for her. She had a hard enough job drawn widest of all over 5f, but the horse on her inside, Vocational, veered badly left upon leaving the stalls, sending Queens Revenge very wide indeed. She had very little chance after that. However, despite racing widest of all, she picked up well and ended up a very respectable 2l 4th in the listed Hilary Needler. The first 4 pulled 7l clear of the rest, and the first two are entered in today's Queen Mary stakes (11/1 and 20/1 respectively). I think connections of Queens Revenge have been shrewd to opt for the Albany, in which she looks to have a very good chance. 6f looks sure to help her improve, and she looks a very nice sort to follow next time out and beyond. She would have a huge chance against the English runners, and a lot depends on how good the Irish raiders are. However, I expect a bold showing.
Tomorrow she faces a hot prospect in My Propeller but she faces a much stiffer challenge tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how she goes. Will take her on at the prices though with my selection who has an eyecatching jockey booking in Ryan Moore. Following her run at Beverley she was subject to a large offer but connections didn't sell which shows how highly they regard her. I would be very keen on her chances if you take the favourite out, but either way, a brilliant e/w chance at a nice price which won't be around come post time I imagine.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 2.30 Newcastle ginger ted e/w 8/1 bet365 Looks progressive and won very nicely last time out. Conditions will suit here. Ginger ted travelled well through his race last time out and won with plenty in hand. I expect another good run here but he will need luck in running as he usually gets held up

Re: BBOTD 25th June Newcastle 4:45 Hakuna Matata 12-1 BET365 1 POINT WIN Was a bit disappointed with this horse on thursday over course and distance finishing 5th when running off favorite. Interesting Ellison sends it out again today so quickly without blinkers and Dale Swift taking off 5lbs. Horse has some really good form on this type of ground and at this course so this price looks real value. There is still a doubt as to the run on thursday but Ellison is a shrewd trainer and i dont think he would be running this gain so soon if they didnt think it had a real chance, to add to that i dont think Richard Kingsgoat gave the horse too hard a time on thursday when it came to finish.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 2:00 Newcastle - SECRET WITNESS @ 33/1 e-w Bet365 Put this horse up a while ago when he came 3rd and this is what i thought that day:

Very consistent last year and ran some great races especially in a group 3 at Ascot when 3rd surrounded by 100+ rated horses. Hasn't won since this time last year and is now 18lb higher due to his consistancy. Dissapointed last time but that can be forgiven on seasonal reappearance and should be better for that. If he runs up to the ability he showed last year he should be thereabouts and theres nothing to say he wont improve a little bit as he seemed to last year. negative would be the yards not in form but deffinately worth a punt at the price was 28s a Ladbrokes earlier.
He has run again since then when 7th beaten 3 lengths but that was at Epsom and can be forgiven. I think the softer ground today could find abit of improvement in him being by Pivotal (alot of Pivotal Progeny handle cut in the ground) as he is unexposed on the surface only having a few starts on it. He does have alot to find at the weights with most of these rivals but should still run his race at a decent e-w price. He often runs in big field handicaps so he may find it easier in this smaller field today.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 2.30 Newcastle Klynch is in the form of his life. Things are going to be tougher now up in grade but he is well drawn today and providing he doesn't miss the break he can go very close today. Won as he liked here lto and definitely has the speed to win this. It is a competitive enough race but the fact that he has a low draw here is the 'Clincher' for me... 1 Pt win 15/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 25th June Newcastle 3.05 Investissement win - 9/1 Bet365 WH Decent on the flat for Andre Farbe and won really well lto. I expect him to confirm form with the horses he reopposes today and only 4lbs up was probably lenient by the handicapper. Should still be capable of better. 2m and soft ground should suit.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 3.05 Newcastle Deauville Flyer - got no run whatsoever at Haydock when badly blocked off three times. Was steamedi nto 3/1 favouritism for this race last year and looks to have been laid out for it again. Loves any cut, fits the trends perfectly for the race (has good 2m+ form, carries a low racing weight and rated in the low 90's) and looks capable of finding races off this mark. Wide draw may not be ideal but if he can find the gaps when it matters, big chance. Deauville Flyer 8/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 25th June 305 Newcastle: Activate 1pt 7/1 (WH) Activate is the one I like in the Northumberland Plate, has a poor draw but is very progressive and think he will find his way through the pack and get into a challeneging position by the time they turn for home. Overturn is sure to make it a test and get them strung out which may make it easier for those at the back to get through and at 7/1 is fair value.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 4.30 Newmarket Zain Sharmardal was starting to cost his followers a bit too much but did win a maiden on the Rowley course in really good style and that form is working out well with the 2nd, 4th (maidens) and 7th(low grade hcp win) winning next time out. The 2nd then went on to be a very good second on a mark of 85 up at Ayr in a competitive race and Zain pulled well clear of that rival that day. He bettered that effort last time out at Goodwood when pulling well clear of the remainder of the field and only being beat by another unexposed and improving performer up another 4lb today but gets a handy age allowance in this handicap and clearly has more to offer. 1pt win Zain Sharmardal 11/4 hills

Re: BBOTD 25th June 3:35 Curragh - Midday - Back She has an absolutely almighty chance of boucing back to winning ways here. The withdrawal of Snow Fairy is a massive plus for Midday's chances as although there are still 7 runners, this has effectively become a 2 horse race between Midday and Misty For Me. Misty For Me was well fancied for the Oaks lto but was well beaten by 7.5 lengths into 5th. It didn't look as though the course was the problem and she was seemingly just outclassed on the day. Conversely, Midday ran a screamer on the same day and produced one of the races of the season when mowed down late on by top-class colt St Nicholas Abbey. He is one of the favourites for the Arc De Triomphe which shows that Midday ran a belter that day to make him pull out all the stops to beat her. Midday is a high class mare and she'll take an absolute world of beating here 1pt win @ 4/9 William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD 25th June montaff 15:05 newcastle 0.5ew 25-1 bet 365 last race was on good to soft ground as is the going today. and its a class 2 race today not class one. came second in class one race and from stats seems to run well when ground is slower. last 2 races were 3rd then 2nd repectivily. i know what i said last night but hey i either move up or i lose one point. lol stupid bet buy me but hey cnt make big profit on small priced horses on small money lol good luck all.

Re: BBOTD 25th June

2.15 Newmarket - 1pt win Queens Revenge @ 10/1 (Boyles) Wrote this prior to the Albany in which she was entered. Tomorrow she faces a hot prospect in My Propeller but she faces a much stiffer challenge tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how she goes. Will take her on at the prices though with my selection who has an eyecatching jockey booking in Ryan Moore. Following her run at Beverley she was subject to a large offer but connections didn't sell which shows how highly they regard her. I would be very keen on her chances if you take the favourite out, but either way, a brilliant e/w chance at a nice price which won't be around come post time I imagine.
Fav is out and she's now 9/2... Is that the price I'll get if I stay with her? Debating changing to a bigger priced horse.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 3.05 Newcastle: Mystery Star 1pt win @ 33/1 Ladbrokes Think there may be a little value in Mystery Star here. Ran very well on seasonal reappearance in Chester Cup finishing well from off the pace to be a never nearer 3rd to Overturn. Better off with that rival and if raced closer to the pace, could put abundant stamina to good use in the conditions. Should strip fitter for that reappearance run and stable make the long journey north with only the one runner and think the 33/1 on offer represents value against the market leaders. Definite question marks surround the draw and the ground but decent each way chance at least.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 4.20pm @ Chester 'Baby Strange' 8/1 (ladbrokes) Hasn't relly run to form last few races but has been hampered when making a run, not finding much room, staying on very well in too high a grade, few excuses really but certainly has the form to win today tackling slightly lesser opposition than those couple of runs. Prefer the horse over 6fl but has the speed for 5fl, distance of last win and can certainly go close today if 'up for it'. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD 25th June NAVE 3.05 Newcastle. 0.5 points each way. Has won on soft, so anymore rain won't be a concern, and although has to prove he stays this trip, I think he will if the race isn't run to fast early on, and if he does stay, then no reason why he cannot improve and defy the 4lb rise by the handicapper. Big odds after all said and done, so here's hoping he stays. 33/1 Bet365 BOG.

Re: BBOTD 25th June Play The Blues 4.35 Windsor. 0.5 points each way. Hit and miss performer, but she has claims on the best of her form and this drop back to 6f will suit better. Handles good ground and a bit of rain shouldn't bother her, so with the handicapper giving her a workable mark of 67 (same as last time) for today, she's capable of a big run. 20/1 Sporting Bet.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 3:55 Newmarket - Madawi - 1pt @ 33/1 (Ladbrokes) There's a fair chance that Clive Brittain's Madawi isn't up to winning a race like this, but I'll take a punt at the odds. He's a typical Brittain horse having been tried highly since running well in a maiden at this course last August. Like most of the field, he's relatively unexposed and hasn't shown his best abilities just yet. I think that the return to 1m 2f at a stiff track will suit and ground with cut in it is ideal for him. His 3 length 9th of 29 in the Britannia Stakes at Royal Ascot wasn't a bad run considering it was over a mile and he gives the impression that he's the sort to improve over further, despite not lacking speed. His form this year isn't up to the level of many lining out here, but 33/1 isn't a bad price about him and I'll take a shot in the dark.

Re: BBOTD 25th June 3.55 Newmarket - Questioning (7/2 PP) 1pt Win Missed the price to some extent here but still very keen on this one's chances, has similar form chances as a couple of today's rivals on his penultimate run, but could well have needed the run that day and his subsequent run in France when fifth to the Derby winner was no bad effort, everything looks in place for a massive run today.

Re: BBOTD 25th June Newm 3.20 - Pausanias - ew at 9/1 bog Bet365 Three year olds haven't won this for a while but then not many run in it. The last 3 to run have all finished 2nd. Pausanias is a decent type, winner of the Free Handicap at the Craven meeting and is unbeaten over 7 furlongs with 3 wins from 3 runs Tried a mile last time at sandown but appeared not to quite get home. Acts on any ground and gets all the weight allowances from the older horses. There's a few usual suspects here and it's a tough looking wide open race but my fellow has the scope to be an improver

Re: BBOTD 25th June 0.5e/w intapeace 16.40 curragh 33/1 bet365 intapeace can defy top weight to win this very open handicap,a 33/1 shot with 365 intapeace has had 3 wins from 17 starts includeing over this distance and on this course,all its wins have been on good ground,with 3 places also if dosnt get the win has good e/w claims

Re: BBOTD 25th June is anyone on right i know i might be thick but what is yield in horse racing ground type and what is it in betting terms can anyone explain this. cuz i have a strike rate of 80% but yielding of 120% then you have yielding on ground type

is anyone on right i know i might be thick but what is yield in horse racing ground type and what is it in betting terms can anyone explain this. cuz i have a strike rate of 80% but yielding of 120% then you have yielding on ground type
In betting terms you can think of yield as the interest on your investment..........so you've invested 5 pounds and you've made 6 pounds profit (or just over ).............6 pounds is 120% of 5 pounds. This is the same usage of 'yield' as saying that an acre of land yields 2 tons of wheat..........:unsure In 'going' it's a term used in ireland for 'a bit softish but not soft enough to be called soft'. It's not a term that UK tracks use, the nearest equivalent would be 'good to soft'..........this is using 'yield' in the same sense that if you press your thumb on a rice pudding it will 'yield' to the touch...........:D

is anyone on right i know i might be thick but what is yield in horse racing ground type and what is it in betting terms can anyone explain this. cuz i have a strike rate of 80% but yielding of 120% then you have yielding on ground type
Good going( not soft) so far, but bottom line is, enjoy it while it lasts because runs have a tendency to end. Great start so far and wlecome to the forum. Hope you learm a lot and hope to see many more winners :rollin:ok

Good going( not soft) so far, but bottom line is, enjoy it while it lasts because runs have a tendency to end. Great start so far and wlecome to the forum. Hope you learm a lot and hope to see many more winners :rollin:ok
thankz for that but i aiming for 200 300 pts by xmas. lol. so for me to get that i cant afford to have a run of mis haps lol