BHA bearing its teeth at last

Five racing professionals, including four licensed jockeys and one licensed trainer, were on Thursday night charged as part of the British Horseracing Authority's latest racing corruption investigation reports The Racing Post What think you of this?

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last

Jimmy Quinn Paul Doe Greg Fairley Paul Fitzsimmons & Kirsty Milczarek, along with Owners Maurice Simes & James Crickmore & 6 unamed men have been charged with a breach of rule 201(v) in that it is alleged they conspired to commit a corrupt or fraudulent practice. Each of the jockeys have additionally been charged with a breach of rule 243 in that it is alleged they communicated directly or indirectly to one or more betting exchange account holders, for material reward, gift, favour or benefit in kind. The riders are also charged with a breach or breaches of rule 157 in that it is alleged they intentionally failed to ensure that their horse was run on its merits. If found guilty they could be disqualified for 25 years

Five racing professionals, including four licensed jockeys and one licensed trainer, were on Thursday night charged as part of the British Horseracing Authority's latest racing corruption investigation reports The Racing Post What think you of this?
Tabby, you started the thread, what do you think about it?

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last Sadly not surprising. I suppose the temptation, and the thought that they won't get caught, gets too much for these less favoured jockeys, who might just want a little extra cash... I think if found guilty, you have to throw the book at them myself. The reputation of the sport is sadly very low at the moment, and this doesn't exactly help matters.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last One thing I did notice on the report on ATR was that the hearing is set for sometime in October That seems ridiculous............presumably the jocks will carry on as though nothing has happened for the rest of the season OK, they've to give sufficient time for the defence lawyers to prepare a case but I'd have thought a month or two would be enough as presumably the BHA are under obligation to hand over all their evidence to the defence This is now going to hang around unresolved for 6 months which can't be good for racing !

Tabby' date=' you started the thread, what do you think about it?[/quote'] Personally speaking, I have wondered about what had been going on Billy, but as its been said the hearing isnt till October so the lawyers will be cashing in

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last someone gave me these names 2 weeks ago so this was due out... looking at some of the races recently (just day to day racing), flat racing is certainly not straight!! You can hide a horse behind others and just not get a run.

someone gave me these names 2 weeks ago so this was due out... looking at some of the races recently (just day to day racing), flat racing is certainly not straight!! You can hide a horse behind others and just not get a run.
Thats the thing, they have to prove that any wrong has taken place, these incidents took place nearly 2 years ago and its taken them this long to bring it to the surface, and furthermore can you imagine the consequences................ Milczarek's solicitor Christopher Stewart-Moore said the jockey was "stunned" after learning of the charges (BTW he also represented Kieran Fallon and we all know what happened there)

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last If jockeys had any brains, they'd never get caught. Or to say it better, if they could judge a pace properly, they can easily lose every time they want. Just hold up a horse, when the pace is bad or go too quick in front. That's all what they need to do. Ironically, all the names mentioned are very bad judges of pace. Jimmy Quinn, Kirsty and Fairley are awful. Paul Doe I rate, but he is crooked and many people know it.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last There is often a lot of hypocrisy from punters though (more so on other forums/groups etc), they slag off jockeys for giving out info etc but are quick to post "I've heard a whisper", "Got the nod on this one", "Had a word for one in the next" with all this so called inside info and it seems so many want to be on the punt that has come "direct from the stable". :zzz If the jockeys have sent info by text/email etc and it has an audit trail then more fool them, retarded in this day and age. Jockeys put up info in their blogs, columns etc, will this have to stop too?

If jockeys had any brains, they'd never get caught. Or to say it better, if they could judge a pace properly, they can easily lose every time they want. Just hold up a horse, when the pace is bad or go too quick in front. That's all what they need to do. Ironically, all the names mentioned are very bad judges of pace. Jimmy Quinn, Kirsty and Fairley are awful. Paul Doe I rate, but he is crooked and many people know it.
I heard Fergal Lynch who got thrown out of America now has a Spanish licence that allows him to ride in Ireland

Paul Doe I rate' date=' but [b']he is crooked and many people know it.
Milen, you can't just say that on a forum without backing up your accusation. Be interested to know why you're so certain of this.

There is often a lot of hypocrisy from punters though (more so on other forums/groups etc), they slag off jockeys for giving out info etc but are quick to post "I've heard a whisper", "Got the nod on this one", "Had a word for one in the next" with all this so called inside info and it seems so many want to be on the punt that has come "direct from the stable". :zzz If the jockeys have sent info by text/email etc and it has an audit trail then more fool them, retarded in this day and age. Jockeys put up info in their blogs, columns etc, will this have to stop too?
I dont know the answer to that one but a whole new can of worms has been opened

Milen' date=' you can't just say that on a forum without backing up your accusation. Be interested to know why you're so certain of this.[/quote'] In a stable, where I part-owned a horse, he was riding occasionally. He was well known to be "retained" only when a certain horse was expected to lose in order to be better handicapped when the yard is trying. I have nothing against running a horse over inadequate distance in a maiden. Not gelding a horse until he goes handicapping. Or running a horse over unfavourable conditions in the winter for example, so the horse can become well handicapped when the ground firms up. In a way, when a trainer runs a horse over the wrong trip or unsuitable ground, it's non-trier as well. Those are normal things and they have their place in racing though. Jockeys not trying in handicaps when their horses are layed by the whole yard is a completely different story. And it happens every single day on the flat. Especially up north. I think jumps are fine at the moment. That being said, Howard Johnson and Ferdy Murphy should've been banned already. Not to mention Barney Curley.

Not to mention Barney Curley.
The Curley man is one of those people who you just never know what he is up to, he operates such a well oiled machine its hard to prove if any wrong doing is being commited if there is such a case

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last Of course it has only just come out now, takes years to build a case like this and get the evidence etc before they can charge. It's not like there was a shit ride last night on a drifter and they can instantly prosecute. I am glad the BHA have taken action This is one of the reasons I very rarely bet on races worth **** all

Of course it has only just come out now, takes years to build a case like this and get the evidence etc before they can charge. It's not like there was a shit ride last night on a drifter and they can instantly prosecute. I am glad the BHA have taken action This is one of the reasons I very rarely bet on races worth **** all
But its interesting that Milkshake's lawyer was quick to issue a statement saying his client was stunned by the allegation, nothing like getting your fee started early

If the jockeys have sent info by text/email etc and it has an audit trail then more fool them, retarded in this day and age. Jockeys put up info in their blogs, columns etc, will this have to stop too?
There is no rule against jocks putting info in blogs and newspaper columns as they are classed as public domain. If they pass on information that isn't in the public domain, that's an offence. Obviously the main thrust of these charges is deliberately riding horses to lose which is probably the worst offence in the book. I know next to nothing about the specifics but I'd be very surprised if Milkshake was up to anything dodgy. As the best woman jockey around at the moment, she has guaranteed wonga coming her way without doing anything stupid.

I know next to nothing about the specifics but I'd be very surprised if Milkshake was up to anything dodgy. As the best woman jockey around at the moment, she has guaranteed wonga coming her way without doing anything stupid.
Very true, "Milkshake" is a very good horsewoman, like Hayley Turner, she has a wise head on her shoulders and wouldnt do such a thing other lot however................................

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last I think some of the jockeys are just unfortunate to be attatched to certain stables and owners that like a gamble. If a young jockey is making his way up the ranks and the trainer says we have mapped out a race in a couple of months and we need to get the handicap mark down a bit before then, what is he/she to do? Its not always as black and white as you may think. As an owner you would be fully behind this decision. Trainers like Mark Prescott for example blatantly run horses over wrong distances in their earlier careers so they can rack up a four timer the following season, he's not doing anything wrong by the rules of racing, its only when betting patterns are noticed that they seem to get pulled up over things like this and that lies with the owners more often than not. I havnt owned an horse but have had several greyhounds around the country, i always chose trainers who i thought would 'look after' the dog and was free with info on the rest of the kennel, does that make me a crook? If were honest we all want inside information if its available and we should be careful when making judgements about others without knowing the full story, its easy to say this guy and that guy are bent but if we were part of the stable the majority of us would act on the information given, ive seen most of the 10 races pinpointed in this case and if it wasnt for the betting patterns we would have never of suspected anything, ive seen worse rides and because they havnt been layed to lose fortunes they are classed as ok. The BHA seem to have to make a point every now and again and unfortunatley this time these four jocks are the ones in focus, if anyone feels that strongly about it then just give up risking your cash on Horse Racing and move on to football or something because it wont stop people trying to make money, its the world we live in and it doesnt bother me to be honest.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last I think its great that this action has been taken. It is a sign that the sport is being cleaned up.Everyone knows there is corruption within horseracing from the top to the very bottom , so i applaud when has recently taken place. A few posters on here seem shocked by seeing Milzarek's name appear because she is a good jockey and saying she wouldn't do such a thing.I think this is niave and you may have the picture clouded because she is a beautiful young lady.How are we to know what shes like out of the public eye and what her actual character is.I'm not in anyway suggesting she is guilty or innocent.Her partner is K Fallon and we all know what he may have got away with. I forward to seeing the conclusion of this episode and hope positive action is taken.

Her partner is K Fallon and we all know what he may have got away with. I forward to seeing the conclusion of this episode and hope positive action is taken.
There is a 23 year age gap between them and he has 3 kids!!, I wondered why they have the same lawyer!

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last I think it will be intersting to use these jockeys who will obviously be scrutinised now for a base for making selections for profit,up until a possible lifelong ban.

I think it will be intersting to use these jockeys who will obviously be scrutinised now for a base for making selections for profit' date='up until a possible lifelong ban.[/quote'] I noticed that Lingfield had a group of sec-ur-ity following them around, the jockeys didnt ask for it,

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last I spent a few months in Hong Kong during the late 90s.During the winter months a very small handful of top jockeys in Europe are given short contracts to ride for a few weeks /months. These included K Fallon , L Dettori and J Weaver. I was surprised to see J Quinn a low grade journeyman allweather jockey out riding there in HK. I asked a friend why he had been selected and allegedly it was T Quinn the multiple Group 1 and classic winning jockey that they really wanted . English being the a foreign language they confused the J with the T , and unfortunately they got Jimmy instead of Richard. When J Quinn was caught out they kicked him out of HK. This is how it was explained to me by my friend , it may have been reported differently by the Racing Post / Sporting Life but i wasn't here to read the reported version.