** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BHA bearing its teeth at last

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last After that he got a contract to ride for a top yard in Germany but it didn't last. Then he was stable jockey to up and comming trainer at the time N Litmodden.Don't know what happened to that partnership but don't recall any significant wins together.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last If found guilty they should throw the book at them (thicker the better). Particularly surprised Greg Fairley is in the list. All this Horseman's Group talk about tarriffs; makes you realise the only one that matters is Minimum winners prize money. BHA should up it; and any race not worth the minimum is thrown away. I believe the vast majority of racing in this country is straight, it is just the dross, where races are not worth winning you get skulduggery. I don't bet on class 6.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last I'd be in favour of banning the low grade stuff as well. I guess the bookies would be against this, they need as much racing as possible to fill their screens and if there is no racing on they will make sure they are showing all of the dogs, if there is no dogs on they will make sure they fill the screen with foriegn rubbish from America, South America or even show virtual. Unless there is a continual stream of betting oppportunities then they will look to fill any gaps. I suppose the sorts of punter that bet on such stuff don't care much for the quality of the action, they just want a favourite to back, but in terms of a spectacle the class 6 and class 7 races are an absolute shambles and if the jockeys are faced with the prospect of winning more from laying the horse than they will get from their share of £1k prize money then you can see how their heads can be easily turned.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last Btw the ride Jimmy Quinn is being pinched for is It's a Mans World. Billy The Punter called it a crooked one in his diary thread couple of years ago. He reminded me few days ago to watch it again. Ginge I think disagreed heavily with him that day. I specifically watched it again today and it's definitely crooked. Jimmy is so poor, he can't even get a horse beaten properly. Clueless.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last

Btw the ride Jimmy Quinn is being pinched for is It's a Mans World. Billy The Punter called it a crooked one in his diary thread couple of years ago. He reminded me few days ago to watch it again. Ginge I think disagreed heavily with him that day. I specifically watched it again today and it's definitely crooked. Jimmy is so poor' date= he can't even get a horse beaten properly. Clueless.
I've been back to see BTP calling it a "crooked ride" and me "disagreeing heavily" with him. This is what myself and Billy actually said in that infamous thread Mileni: Billy: Can someone please tell me how an average lightweight jockey is now getting regular rides at all weights for decent stables? The "jockey" in question is Mr Incompetence, Jimmy Quinn. His S/R is terrible. He lacks timing, positional sense, strength and tactical awareness. Apart from that he is fine. Ginge: Strike rate does sometimes give a false impression. Jimmy Quinn has (I believe) for many years been one who has more rides than all jockeys of his merit. Goes anywhere for rides so not being a top jockey that means he has to ride a lot of dross. Dross means a poor strike rate. I don't take as much notice as some punters but to be honest he does not strike me as a poor jockey. Billy: I ony used the S/R to back up my opinion. His 7% S/R is laughable and much worse than those who get worse rides. I don't know why you think he ridses a lot of "dross". In the past he did but this has changed over the past 2 seasons - this is why I've posted. He gets many mounts for John Dunlop on the turf (rather than just 7st12lb mounts as in the past) and during the A/W season he is one of the busiest around - getting many decent mounts. 187 mounts alread this A/W season, 17 winners. He seems to be first choice for Paul Howling's busy A/W string (despite the fact that Paul Doe looks different class when occasionally riding the same animals) and has had moutns for Simcock, Hannon, Botti and Charlton recently. Perhaps he has a different agent theses days. If so he must be very convincing. Like I say the S/R is secondary anyway, my opinion is really based on what I see. No mention of It's A Mans World in Billy's mutterings, or anywhere else (that I could see) in the whole thread. Although the first post was on the 17th of Jan (the date of the incident) so Billy's opinion of Quinn may well have been influenced strongly by the events on that day. However, being uninterested in sellers, I had not seen the Jimmy Quinn's ride on It's A Mans World. Had I done so, would've agreed it was a bad ride. I was only commenting on Jimmy Quinn as a jockey in general. Though may be my opinion of the Lightweight was clouded by him winning me a packet on Kingsgate Native in the Nunthorpe as a two year old. As indeed BTP's opinion of Paul Doe (who is also in the frame here) that the sun shines out of you know where; may have been clouded by said jockey winning money for him. But I don't suppose BTP reminded you of his opinion about Paul Doe did he?:lol I see no mention of BTP calling it a "crooked ride" just an incmompetent one. And I did not even mention this ride, let alone "heavily disagree". :@ I don't blame you for getting this wrong Mileni, you were no doubt just passing on what Billy The Punter told you. He always did give half truths.;) Although I am surprised moderators are still on speaking terms with someone who is banned for witholding PL members money; let alone believing what he says.

I don't blame you for getting this wrong Mileni, you were no doubt just passing on what Billy The Punter told you. He always did give half truths.;) Although I am surprised moderators are still on speaking terms with someone who is banned for witholding PL members money; let alone believing what he says.
Just saving this statement before it may get edited later. Disappointing comment.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last Actually I'm gonna respond, because you've had your share of insults towards other people without them having the chance to respond. Regarding the Jimmy Quinn accident, it was the exact same ride that sprung all those comments. Doesn't matter what exactly was said. I was talking by memory, not reading through all threads. The bottom line is Jimmy Quinn is crooked and average. Paul Doe is crooked, but at the same time a good jockey. You're steering off the point though. So, while we're at it. Picking through old threads. Here's my share of it. Going through some old posts, reading BTP's analysis on few handicaps and similar, I found an argument between him and you. You wanted him banned, because he was proclaiming 15% yield and according to you no professional tipster can have that yield and he was lying and he should've been banned. Well I happen to have all his bets for 2010 and not just he has the yield, he is actually 14% on Betfair SP. So I'm looking forward to you going through old threads and checking what exactly was said and how I got that one "wrong" too.

Actually I'm gonna respond, because you've had your share of insults towards other people without them having the chance to respond. Regarding the Jimmy Quinn accident, it was the exact same ride that sprung all those comments. Doesn't matter what exactly was said. I was talking by memory, not reading through all threads. The bottom line is Jimmy Quinn is crooked and average. Paul Doe is crooked, but at the same time a good jockey. You're steering off the point though. So, while we're at it. Picking through old threads. Here's my share of it. Going through some old posts, reading BTP's analysis on few handicaps and similar, I found an argument between him and you. You wanted him banned, because he was proclaiming 15% yield and according to you no professional tipster can have that yield and he was lying and he should've been banned. Well I happen to have all his bets for 2010 and not just he has the yield, he is actually 14% on Betfair SP. So I'm looking forward to you going through old threads and checking what exactly was said and how I got that one "wrong" too.
Eh,:eek FFS Mileni, you come out with a derogatory comment claiming I said something I didn't; and praise a banned bloke for saying something he didn't say either; and despite that I don't blame you for it. And now you go attacking me because I defended myself. So in which threads do you claim I said those things Mileni?:spank

Actually I'm gonna respond, because you've had your share of insults towards other people without them having the chance to respond. Regarding the Jimmy Quinn accident, it was the exact same ride that sprung all those comments. Doesn't matter what exactly was said. I was talking by memory, not reading through all threads. The bottom line is Jimmy Quinn is crooked and average. Paul Doe is crooked, but at the same time a good jockey. You're steering off the point though. So, while we're at it. Picking through old threads. Here's my share of it. Going through some old posts, reading BTP's analysis on few handicaps and similar, I found an argument between him and you. You wanted him banned, because he was proclaiming 15% yield and according to you no professional tipster can have that yield and he was lying and he should've been banned. Well I happen to have all his bets for 2010 and not just he has the yield, he is actually 14% on Betfair SP. So I'm looking forward to you going through old threads and checking what exactly was said and how I got that one "wrong" too.
As you have not got back to me Mileni, I will have to defend myself "from memory". Firstly, let me say I totally respect BTP's knowledge of the game, he knows more than I do about the game. This is what I said in the recent thread about "Dicipline": " Most profitable gamblers will aim to make around 10%. They might make 25% one year, 5% the next, 15% another, 12%, 0%, -3%, 21% other years etc, but 10% is what they aim for and hope to average". It is clearly "possible" for any tipster to make a 14%, 15%, 20%, or whatever% yield for any particular year. It is also possible Billy is in the minority who do make more than 10% over all.... But I don't believe every claim of profit without evidence. If I only had a 6% profit on my thread and said I had a 15% profit on the year if including all of my bets NOT on PL, I would not expect all PL members to believe me. Whether they believe me or not is up them. The same has to be the case with BTP. You are confusing accusing Billy of "lying" with being unable to believe him without further evidence. I believe Mileni, English is not your first language, and you may not understand every nuance. Am trying to make allowances for that, and believe me it is very "trying". As for the thread you've already mentioned, "Billy's Diary": please go back and look at the first 12 horses to qualify for the system (starting with Character Building) and take a careful note of what he says about the horses and when he says it, together with their subsequent runs and proclaimed "profit". There are some ambiguities you can drive a double decker bus through. It is that "profit" I objected to. Character Building Nightjar Nabeeda Harald Bluetooth Compton Falcon Slip Sky Quest Green Velvet Jack Rackham Moon Crystal Joe Jo Star Focail Eile When a professional tipster has a tipping line, it is essential that any thread's profit/loss is correct and seen to be correct. Otherwise PL members might see the "profit" and be encouraged to part with their cash. I have had only the health and wealth of PL members in mind.

Btw the ride Jimmy Quinn is being pinched for is It's a Mans World. Billy The Punter called it a crooked one in his diary thread couple of years ago. He reminded me few days ago to watch it again. Ginge I think disagreed heavily with him that day. I specifically watched it again today and it's definitely crooked. Jimmy is so poor' date=' he can't even get a horse beaten properly. Clueless.[/quote'] I'm sorry Ginge, but if this is a "derogatory comment", then I think it's your English that may need polishing. Out of order comment, as to be fair, your value rants at new gamblers are more of a foreign language to them than Bulgarian ;)

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last So you never posted BTP to be banned for proclaiming a wrong yeild or wrong profit? Why do I remember things differently? Hmm.. someone is wrong and I'm not sure who it is. What a shame.

Re: BHA bearing its teeth at last 30000 Odd races and they have found a few dodgy races from years ago !!, I spotted nothing wrong in the replays last week, and why didnt the stewards on the day speak up. Racing is as clean as it can be at the moment IMO.