BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March

5:20 Exeter - BEN CEE PEE M @ 16/1 e-w VC Looked to get abit out paced last time but did keep plugging on for 4th place, stepped up in trip again today and this testing track could bring out the best of him. He won his bumper at Towcester which is very testing track on good to firm so the good ground today may also suit him.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 3.50 Kempton Georgian King 25/1 e/w Bet 365 Decent enough type for Alan King and didn't show much on return from a long absence for the the new stable. Should strip much fitter here and should improve on his last run. The stable is in cracking form having 7 runners recently, with all of them finishing in the first 2 including 1 at the festival. This is a pretty tough race with plenty in with chances but this horse has won in a higher grade in the past and off a higher mark. The horse prefers decent ground so I am hoping for a much better ran than last time out. Don't think the horse should be outsider of the field and come tomorrow I am pretty sure he won't be.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 3:50 Kempton Sophie's Trophy EW @ 16/1 available with Bet365 I wrote up that I thought Sophie's Trophy was well handicapped and backed her at a big price when the meeting was called off due to weather. I duly missed her running in the handicap hurdle at Sandown when second to Mille Chief on heavy ground at 25/1. Interestingly she's worn the tongue tie three times and placed twice, winning one of them. I can forgive her poor run lto (beaten when fell) because it came very quickly after the race at Sandown on heavy ground. Colin Bolger continues on the horse and is the only jockey to have won on her. The ground should be fine, she's put in a few solid performances on good ground without winning. She's won over the trip too. Her record at this time of the year is good, last March she won two novice races on the bounce and the March before that saw her finish second to Oscar Whisky in a bumper. Although no match for him, pulled well clear of the second. Perhaps she improves in the Spring.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 16.25 Kempton Rileyev - 1 pt win @ SP its hard to look past double winner Rileyev for this race the penalty wont be a problem and hes won 3 times from hes last 4 starts and normally finishes well clear of the field and there should be no difficulties from hes last run

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 4.35 Kempton - Betabob - 1pt win 9/2 PaddyPower Got this down to 3 possibles, Rileyev, Cortinas and Betabob. Not convinced that Rileyev will relish quick conditions so prepared to take him on, also unclear if Coleman will take the ride. Cortinas has also failed to set the world alight on good ground, 3rd off same mark LTO. Betabob is up 5lbs for latest win and ran well in a C2 at Wincanton before that. The winner that day has since ran at the Festival finishing 11th in the Grand annual. If reproducing that form Betabob surely has the beating of these and is a tentative selection

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 3.30 Southwell Beau Fighter - only 1 lb higher than when slamming field here over 1m4f but unlikely to be held back over slightly shorter trip as looks very well treated on the pick of his best form. Proven on surface. 11/10 B365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 2.55 Southwell - Long Live Love 1pt win sp Doesnt look the hardest race to win on paper and siding with newcomer here From the mark Johnston stable who have a 38% s/r at the track with 3yos and 24% s/r with newcomers heee. Sired by Forestry who's record Is 5/8 at Southwell so on breeding no concerns and Johnstons runner New Latin has held forecast fav Kishanda on its previous running so knows what to expect

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 5:20 Exeter - Rockabilly - 1pt @ 10/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Short of time so it's a short write-up but I reckon that Nigel Twiston-Davies could enhance his already impressive course record with handicap debutante Rockabilly. He's a well related type who now takes a step up in trip and gets good ground for the first time in his career under rules. Both look to be big positives and he's also the only runner for this yard at the track, where they have an 18% strike rate over hurdles and show a £21 profit to level stakes. He has shown promise over shorter distances in maiden and novice company but was always going to be one to make a bigger impact when sent handicapping. His mark of 101 may understate his abilities and assuming Twiston-Davies has him tuned up for this, he should run a good race. David England takes the ride, on what is his only one of the day and he boasts a 36% strike rate here for this yard, with 5 winners from just 14 runners. It's his first time on board this animal in a competitive race but he's a very capable jockey and himself and the yard make a near 300 mile round trip for just the one runner, which could well be a signal of intent. It looks a very weak contest and although there's plenty who could spring a surprise, Rockabilly looks a stayer in the making on an attractive mark. 4 places are being paid and will continue to be assuming more than 2 runners don't come out, so hopefully he'll at least grab one of those, and maybe even win it. Big each-way bet for me and I think he'll run a cracker if he's let.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 5.10 Southwell Ronnie Howe led for a long way lto only to weaken in the closing stages . Back to 5F at a course where she has won before off a much higher mark and with the stable firing in winners lately she must go very close here. 1 Pt win 11/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 5.10 Southwell: Bertbrand 1pt win @ 16/1 WillHill BOG Not at best in recent times, however stable form hasn't been great either with only one winner from their last 26 runners (came yesterday). Last couple have run well though so perhaps their starting to turn a corner and with this horse having been given a month off since last run after a busy January and February could be ready to make the most of attractive handicap mark. Has ran well here in the past and although appears better over 6f, has ran well at 5f so trip shouldn't be a major concern. Has won from as high as 67 in handicap company on the all weather and could be involved at the finish if putting best foot forward.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 4.05 Southwell - Lucayan Dancer (9/2 Bet365) 1pt Win Grand old servant over the years and in entitled to come on for his first run in a good while here last time out, that was his first run back with Dandy Nicholls aswell, whilst he's obviously in decline these days at the age of 11 if Dandy can get him back to form here he must have a great chance at the weights with this longer trip in his favour I fancy him to turn the tables on the form with the fav Kipchak lto.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March The last novice race at Kempton is a puzzle with a few capable of winning, Basford Bob ran well on Saturday when tried over a longer trip and should be up to winning this, has pulled hard in the past but settled better last time. Henry King will try to lead all the way but it will be hard under a double penalty, Romulus D'Artaix is the danger. 315 Kem: Basford Bob 1pt (9/4 VCBet)

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 3:50 Kempton - Phoenix Flight EW at 10/1 (WillHill) A competitive race with Pere Blanc 2-3 at Kempton and Royale's Charter more than likely to improve. However the value bet is Phoenix Flight who is back at Kempton where recent form at this track reads 2,1 at 2m which all followed on from a smart 4th at Ascot in a competitive race at 2m3f. Forgiven its last run at Wolves with a step down in trip to 1m5f where it finished 7th this could be worth a E/W chance at the 10s currently on offer or a chance in a placepot if it relishes the step up to 2m5f.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March Exeter 3.35 Belcantista win - 8/1 Fred Useful over hurdles last year winning here and then finishing 2nd in a competitive race behind Sentry Duty. Jumped well on chasing debut here in November. Traveled for a long way to chase Royal Charm and Carrickboy 4 out. Weakened rapidly after that and finished lame. Been given few months off and I expect top trainer to have found the cause for this. I expect a lot better showing today encountering better ground and for me he's a tad overpriced at 8s.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March southwell 3.30 llie Nastase 16/1 stan james 1 point win llie Nastase who ran over 8 furlongs last time out and seemed to be staying on near the end,the 3 furlongs extra today might be just what this horse needs,never tried over 1 mile 3 furlongs might go well at a big price,2 saving s/f with kingaroo and beau fighter to beat it,but hopefull of the win:hope

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 16:25 Kempton Venetia Williams has kept Rileyev really busy since the turn of the year and she sends him here today as her only runner of the day in the hope that he can notch up his third win a row. This will be his 7th run of the year already and due to the manner he won in 8 days ago at Plumpton, I feel he will land his hat tick here today. Only raised 4lbs for said win where he won in impressive fashion by 14 lengths. He is now 15lbs higher from his first run in 2011 but he is clearly on the upgrade and this mark should not be beyond him. May have preferred the ground to be slightly on the softer side since three of his four wins have been on good to soft ground and the other coming in heavy ground but I feel that is factored into the price available which I find great value. 1pt win Rileyev @ 5/2 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March Southwell 4.40 - Evens Stevens 1 pts win @ 11/4 with Bet365 Monsieur Jamie comes in on good form but last time he met Even Stevens he was well beaten. Evens Stevens loves Southwell and is coming back today from a 2 month break and if he is fresh I think has a big chance of picking up the win.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 3-50 kempton sparrow hills @16/1 w/hill this horse as run some cracking races this season and theres no reason to think that his progress as come to a halt,he ran a good race at ffos las last time off a 1lb lower mark when going for a hatrick trainers in goodish form and at 16/1 willing to give him the chance to show hes still improving good luck

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 3.30 Southwell - Kingaroo 5/1 VC Out to a very big price this one in my opinion with only the strong favourite looking a danger. Has won over course and distance and off this mark, ran well last time out only losing to a very well handicapped rival. Likes to lead or be prominent and should get an uncontested one here. Beau Fighter looks very strong after coming here unpeanalised for his win last time out, beat nothing that day though and Kingaroo is a much tougher opponent. I think these 2 should be closer matched.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March kempton500 RARE SYMPHONY 1pt win 7/4 paddy power BPG highly unoriginal selection but need a winner to re install a bit of confidence. this one ran a most encouraging race LTO on its handicap debut finishing a very close 2nd (pair clear) in a similar event and goes again today off the same mark. gets weight from every other runner and does looks a winner waiting to happen and could progress further in handicaps.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March lol Very same pick as Yorky punter above. Its Phil hobbs sole ruuner at Kempton and whe he only sends out the one its normaly with confidence, BF last time out and first time at this track but should be hard to beat. Kempton 5pm Rare Symphony 1pt win Coral 13/8 Be lucky John.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 5:30 Cloud Nine @ Kempton - Was going well in 4th LTO when hampered and unseating the rider at the last.Refused to race in previous race but is coming down the weights to nearly the same mark it was when finishing 2nd twice last year.Jockey takes off 5lb today and if it gwets going has every chance 0.5pt E/W @10/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March 3.30pm @ Southwell 'Beau Fighter' Not the best looking of cards today so I'll go with a favourite for a wee change. Backed this last twice, absolutely hacked up last time out and no reason to doubt a repeat is on the cards in current mood. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March Puerto Azul 3.50 Kempton. 0.5 points each way. To be honest, I think this one needs a wind operation, but I'm willing to give him one more chance. Travels well enough in his races, but does have a tendency to just down tools as if something wrong. Handicapper quite clearly knows there's more to come with having in him off a mark of 115 again, so with no trip ad ground worries and being capable of quite a bit better (in my opinion), I'll give him one more chance. Aspell a good booking too. I'll take the 20/1 with Stan James.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March Going for a "out of the ball park " job today. SOUTHWELL 5-10...TRUE RED....0.5 PTS @ SP Never won a race from 29 starts, been running at 6f lately, dropped back to 5f today, carried 9-08 two runs ago over C/D and ran very well, today is off 8-04, Sophie Doyle on board can go well at a price of around 25/1.

Re: BBOTD - Tuesday 22nd March TAKE A MILE 4.10 Exeter. 0.5 points each way. Consistent and should again run his race. Trip and ground fine and although a mark of 109 appears a bit harsh, it does give him win claims in context with this race today. No reason why he shouldn't go well. 9/2 taken with BoyleSports.