** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 7-20 March

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Makarova Azarenka OVER 19.5 games @ 1.813 (Pinny:3pts) Could be a tough one here, both previous matches they played covered this well. Makarova has a match under her belt here already beating Marino which is a decent result - not been a great few weeks for her but she is a good player, goes for her shots and think she can make this competitive. Azarenka doesnt seem to be at her best this year.serve is very inconsistent and she is having dips in many matches. Think this one covers the line here.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Baghdatis v Devvarman Selection Devvarman Strength 10/10 Date 12/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 3.00 Reasoning This could be a real tough match for Baghdatis. He hasn't played since a retirement in Dubai and has another retirement earlier in the year so clearly not playing 100%. Fells like the sort of game where he could struggle with conditiosn and serve poorly, making it a tough game. Devvarman is having a decent year, and has been comfortable in qualifying here and in the first round. Primed for an upset I feel. Sport Tennis Event Dolgopolov v Hanescu Selection Lay Hanescu (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 12/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 4.03 Reasoning I'm a big fan of Dolgopolov, ever since tipping him against Gonzalez at the French last year. He's having a great year, and I think could do a lot of damage in these conditions. Hanescu I don't think it at a good level, having some closes but really not getting many wins this year, going 3-7 so far this year. Won a very muggy match against Seppi in round 1, and I can't see Dolgopolov having many problems with him here. Sport Tennis Event Tipsarevic v Querrey Selection Lay Querrey (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 12/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.42 Reasoning Don't like Querrey here. He's been struggling all year, heard things about him changing strings and things about shoulder problems. Not sure what it is but he's just playing bad. Tipsarevic is doing pretty well lately. Made final of Delray Beach, had a shocker loss in Davis Cup but forgive that as it was other side of the world! First round got an easy win over Kamke to get going, and should beat Querrey here.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Kleybanova v Szavay Selection Lay Szavay (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 12/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.01 Reasoning Tough game for Szavay here. First tournament of the year because of injury, had a win over Craybas but this is a totally different game. She would have been able to control most rallies against Craybas, but will probably be the opposite here. Kleybanova has been up and down this year, but I think she can perform in this tournament and should win here. Sport Tennis Event Li v Peng Selection Peng Strength 10/10 Date 12/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.00 Reasoning Li suffering an Ausiie Open hangover has gone out first match in both tournaments she's played since. Tough to know when she'll get back into the game, but unbackable until sh has a couple of wins. This is a very tough starter, with Peng looking really good this season. She's had to work hard having to qualify for some tournaments, but has done it and only really lost to top players. Both Chinese, I'm not sure how that will affect things, hopefully motivate Peng to get the big scalp against her countrywoman.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March

Back to a slight profit overall now after yesterday. A further 3 for me today. Considered the overs in the Benny Lopez match but left that in the end with the price a bit short for my liking for an overs bet. Santiago Giraldo vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver- Under 20.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (6/10) Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs Shahar Peer- Peer -3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Ana Ivanovic vs Kimiko Date-Krumm- Over 21.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (5/10)
LOSS LOSS LOSS Giraldo failing to serve for the unders was a sign of things to come. Peer wasn't at her best and Ivanovic easily won against Krumm. Taking a break from the betting for a week or so due to Uni exams. Hate going out on a low but that's how it goes sometimes. GL to the rest this week, hope there's some profit to be had by all.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Marcos Baghdatis -3.5 AH vs Somdev Devvarman. 2.02 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Baghdatis has been quite average this year but Devvarman is really not the one who should be playing in the 2nd round of the Masters events. He had lucky draw and today will go home. Baghdatis has got pretty decent return game and Devvarman certainly won have as good serve as is needed at this level, expect Baggy to dominate baseline rallies and get this job done. Their only meeting was last year in Dubai, Baghdatis won in 3 sets 6-3, 3-6, 6-1. Remember having Devvarman on +5 games back then and he barely hold on to that. Ivan Ljubicic +5 AH vs Juan Martin Del Potro. 1.63 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Ljubicic has been devastated by injuries once again, but this tournament is very important here. He won here last year, so has to defend massive 1000 rankings points. Del Potro has to be favorite here but really can't see him winning by 6 games. Ljubicic has got very nice memories of this place from last year and that should drive him forward. He definitely can serve and that should help him keep this close.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Dolgopolov (vs Hanescu) 2:0 @ 1.6 (expekt) - stake 4/10 Dolgopolov (vs Hanescu) u21.5 @ 1.85 (expekt) - stake 3/10 Hopefully Dolgopolov will come here not to grab some money, tank, and go partying like in Buenos Aires when he lost against Acasuso in straight sets. The court should suit him, slow hard, even better than Australian Open, with a game he has now, Hanescu should have small chances. Hanescu defeated Seppi in first round in three, but he didn't have some major success on hard so far. For me if Dolgo takes this seriously he should win in straights. Don't dare to take higher stakes, as he's a type of player like Tursunov. Never know what to expect. Ferrer (vs Karlovic) 2:0 @ 1.6 (expekt) - stake 6/10 Watched Karlovic in DC and he was horrible. Even bad serving stats. Against "the wall" and one of best returners on Tour Ferrer he'll have a tough time. Ferrer like a great clay court player can move Karlovic around the court easily, and big man usually avoids that, tries to finish his games as soon as possible. Especially if Karlovic serve fails here, Ferrer will have a pretty easy job. Almagro (vs Russell) 2:0 @ 1.7 (expekt) - stake 5/10 Almagro (vs Russell) (-3.5) @ 1.85 (expekt) - stake 5/10 Almagro (vs Russell) u21.5 @ 1.85 (expekt) - stake 3/10 Just expect Almagro to countinue to show a great form so far. Court should suit him, slower and he can serve and play some great tennis. He took a week rest after 3 great tournaments in 3 weeks (2 won titles, one lost in finals), and should be fresh enough here. Russell came through qualies, but only how a veteran could damage here Alamagro is if Almagro loses concentration (happened before) and loses one set. But Almagro should do it like Ferrer did it during AO, easy victory in straight sets. he should get his serve going and Russell is out. GL!

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Santiago Giraldo to beat Michael Llodra @ Evens BET 365(5PTS) Slow court which should suit Giraldo, and in this sort of 50-50 match these are the things worth taking into consideration. Llodra lost to Marinko Matosevic 6-3 6-1 or something last year at Indian Wells and while I can see this match being closer, Giraldo is the man on the up and Llodra is winding down his career. Santi was sloppy in the match against Traver but not unusual for him to have a match like that and then raise his game for the next.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Challenger pick: Prodon destroyed Zeballos today 6:0 6:1. He had to fall sometime. Tomorrow finals @ Santiago between Gonzalez and Prodon, expecting a tight match, probably a 3-setter. Value should be on Prodon here. Hope to find somewhere an offer for total games except for locals. Meffert (vs Stebe) @ 1.5 - stake 4/10 Meffert (vs Stebe) (-3) @ 1.9 - stake 4/10 Meffert (vs Stebe) 2:0 @ 2.2 - stake 2/10 No high stakes, after all is Japan. Two Germans facing one another. Have same opinion like against Soeda for him, end of the line here, Meffert should have more experience in this king of situations. Also for Stebe this is 8 match in a week. Too much for everyone, plus the pressure of the first challenger final. Hope Meffert can keep his serving at a high level so Stebe won't produce some major problems.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March One early for Sunday... Igor Andreev vs Roger Federer. Over 19 games. 1.90 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Federer has not played singles matches since Dubai final where he had another nightmare against Djokovic. Andreev has been quite poor over the last year and maybe even two but he always brings his best tennis against top players. Physically he gets tired in latter rounds of tournaments but this will be just his second match, so he still will be fresh. Mentioned that Federer has not played singles for some time, he played doubles on Friday, though that is not serious. Andreev has had some cracking matches against Roger and despite losing all 3 meetings has managed to win at least one set in all 3 matches. The best one was in US Open when he took Roger to 5 sets. Federer never plays his best tennis in early rounds of a non Grand Slam events, so I expect Andreev to have a chance here and 19 games is really short.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Aravane Rezai to beat Shuai Zhang. 2.15 @ Pinnacle (7/10) WIN Ivan Ljubicic +5 AH vs Juan Martin Del Potro. 1.63 @ Pinnacle (7/10) WIN Ekaterina Makarova +5 Ah vs Victoria Azarenka. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (6/10) PUSH Marcos Baghdatis -3.5 AH vs Somdev Devvarman. 2.02 @ Pinnacle (6/10) LOSS Alisa Kleybanova vs Agnes Szavay. Under 20.5 games. 1.80 @ Nordicbet (5/10) LOSS Kleybanova missed out by half a game, Baghdatis no comments :rollin and poor Makarova gave away game being 30-0 up. Had she held, would have won the bet, now it's only push.

Dolgopolov (vs Hanescu) 2:0 @ 1.6 (expekt) - stake 4/10 Dolgopolov (vs Hanescu) u21.5 @ 1.85 (expekt) - stake 3/10 Ferrer (vs Karlovic) 2:0 @ 1.6 (expekt) - stake 6/10 Almagro (vs Russell) 2:0 @ 1.7 (expekt) - stake 5/10 Almagro (vs Russell) (-3.5) @ 1.85 (expekt) - stake 5/10 Almagro (vs Russell) u21.5 @ 1.85 (expekt) - stake 3/10
Challenger pick: Meffert (vs Stebe) @ 1.5 - stake 4/10 Meffert (vs Stebe) (-3) @ 1.9 - stake 4/10 Meffert (vs Stebe) 2:0 @ 2.2 - stake 2/10
Looks like Karlovic started to play tennis comparing to DC performance. Ferrers serve failed pretty much and still he got chances go get back. Challenger pick as expected. Young German gave a fight in first, later on easy job for Meffert.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Hi guys, 2 picks for the Indian Wells tournament: WTA: PENNETTA TO DEFEAT KLEYBANOVA @1.59 betfair WTA: PENG TO DEFEAT HRADECKA @1.42 pinnaclesports Pennetta can explore Kleybanova's lack of mobility and she also can defend well against her hard shots. 4:0 head-to-head to Pennetta with 4 easy wins. Peng is a great player playing consistently and powerfully. If she can stay healthy, she can become a top 20 player. Hradecka has a good solid game but Peng is a level above her.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Two finals today. Santiago and Sarajevo Beck (vs Delic) o22.5 @ 1.83 (bet365) - stake 5/10 Beck (vs Delic) o9.5 first set @ 1.66 (bet365) - stake 5/10 Tough to predict. But it'll be a close one, so probably a 3-setter. Both can serve, so expect something like Delic-Mahut yesterday. See at least one tie break here. Prodon (vs Gonzalez) o21.5 @ 1.83 (bet365) - stake 4/10 Prodon (vs Gonzalez) (+3.5) @ 1.83 (bet365) - stake 3/10 Prodon (vs Gonzalez) @ 2.75 (bet365) - stake 1.5/10 Expecting a 3-setter, doubt anyone can take this in two. Gonzalez is probably a better player, but when Prodon is on he can do a lot of damage. He showed that here and in Bucaramanga during the this year. Still hasn't lost a set.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Andrea Petkovic -2 AH vs Marion Bartoli. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Have to fancy Petkovic here. Tow big hitters with Petkovic being the strongest of the two mentally. Playing 3 sets against Niculescu in the first round was not a good sign for Bartoli. Petkovic managed to get rid of Safarova in straight sets and did not give her opponent a single break chance, that is quite amazing for women's tennis. Petkovic has already beaten Bartoli this year, winning 6-4, 6-2 in Brisbane semifinals. Ana Ivanovic vs Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. Under 20.5 games. 1.80 @ Bet365 (7/10) Ivanovic former winner of this even, having won in 2008 and being in the final a year later. She had an easy win in the first round getting past a very good player Krumm. B.Z. Strycova despite beating Kvitova is still crap player and is mentally very weak, so this will be over in no time if things go wrong early on. Remember their match in Linz last year and Ivanovic completely destroyed her winning 6-3, 6-2. And it could have been more bigger winning margin. Taking unders here because odds are a little bit better than on handicap. Jelena Jankovic vs Julia Goerges. Over 19 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Fancy Goerges to stay close in this match. She has decent serve and can also hit some cracking forehands. Jankovic had a walkover in the first round against Vandeweghe, yet she still could have lost coupe games on her serve. 19 games is a bit short for my liking in this one. Goerges has had one overs already against Jankovic losing their only match in 2009 Wimbledon 4-6, 6-7. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Shahar Peer. 1.72 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in great shape at the moment having won their last six matches. Peer had all mighty struggle against Mattek-Sands in the first round playing tough 3 sets, that would have taken a lot out of her and playing against young and very physical player could not have come at a worse time. Expect Pavlyuchenkova to do the job, might be 3 sets but the end result should be her win. Like I've said before, she plays a little bit smarter this year and that is exactly what she needed to make the next step forward, Peer can make this close but don't think she will be able to outhit or outsmart the Russian player. Flavia Pennetta -3.5 AH vs Alisa Kleybanova. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Taking this one early and the odds will drop for sure and handicap line will go to 4 games or even 4.5, I guess. Penneta has humiliated Kleybanova all 4 times they have played and has not lost a set. Last they played in February in Dubai and Penneta lost just couple games. And the reason for her domination over Kleybanova is the fact that she is very strong on the baseline and can live with Alisa's strong shots and can force her to make mistakes, lots of mistakes. Kleybanova was not that impressive against Szavay and should have lost the 2nd set in which she was 2-5 down. Pennetta easy win for sure!

Re: Tennis 7-20 March And men... Tomas Berdych vs Lukas Kubot. Under 20.5 games. 2.01 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Kubot will wet his pants in this match, can't see him holding enough times to avoid a heavy crushing. Berdych had a very nice tournament here last year getting to quarter finals before losing to Rafa Nadal. Kubot is more like a doubles player and prefers clay. Betaing Kukushkin in round 1 was not a surprise coz Kukushkin was tired after Davis Cup. Berdo has played Kubot once before beating him easily in Mumbai, also on hard 5 years ago 6-2, 6-2. Julien Benneteau +3 AH vs Jurgen Melzer. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Benny has got massive motivation now having been out for a long time because of injuries. Melzer on the other hand has been able to break into the Top 10 of the rankings and I thing that has done very little good to him. He's been quite poor lately and Benneteau definitely will fancy his chances on a slow hard court. Interestingly enough he has beaten Melzer 4 times out of 5 with the only defeat coming on clay. Odds on Benny are really great bu won't get carried away and will take a handicap, which looks really fine to me. Milos Raonic -2 AH vs Mardy Fish. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Raonic beat Fish last month in Memphis and was unlucky not to that in straight sets. If we look at the match-up here, I think both will hold comfortably and Raonic looks like having better percentages. Fish can have some off games where he is missing the first serve and that is where the problems start. One break for Raonic will do the trick here and if that happens there might not be a way back for Fish.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Got WTA blacklisted long time ago, but couldn't overlook on this one. Görges (vs Jankovic) (+5.5) @ 1.85 (expekt) - stake 5/10 Gorges (vs Jankovic) (o19.5) @ 1.85 (nordicbet) - stake 5/10 Know that Jankovic is the defending champion, but just don't see how can she destroy Görges here. Julia played couple of weeks on clay, where she got pretty bad results, suppose she couldn't handle the pressure of being high seeded. Now she again in position of underdog where she does her best. Plays an attacking type of tennis against Jankovic whos a pretty much defensive type. Julia showed during AO she can defeat or at least come close to winning against high profile players on this kind of surface. Expecting something like Görges match against Sharapova at Australian Open this year.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Ok, let's go for some today. (4/10) S.Wawrinka to beat N.Davydenko @ 1.75 at Pinnacle Davydenko has been poor for quite some time, so Wawrinka should be able to put him away nicely. May struggle at the start due to the break he took, but when he finds his form, Davydenko should not be able to do much anyway, so looks a nice price to me. (4/10) T.Berdych/L.Kubot Under 20.5 games @ 1.95 at Pinnacle Berdych should crush his average opponent here. Their only meeting ended 6-2 6-2 and it should not be much different today, as Kubot is nowhere near Berdych in terms of class. Too many mistakes and unforced errors and this is not a clay court that would give him time to recover. (4/10) M.Raonic to bt. M.Fish @ 1.86 at Pinnacle Raonis is an up-and-coming star and has beaten Fish already, so I can definitely see him winning here at a nice price. Their baseline game is not that far apart, but Raonic is more consistent on serve, so I fancy him to capitalize on his chances. And if he cannot, he should be able to see the tie-breaks out anyway. (3/10) F.Schiavone/A.Cornet Under 20 games @ 2.00 at Pinnacle Obvious match-up problems for Cornet, who has a 1-6 record against the Italian. Last two matches went under comfortably and Cornet struggled in the first round, while Schiavone beat her poor opponent in a great fashion. Can see a repeat of that here today and the price looks nice.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Am i the only one on Fishy tonight? :lol Got a nice price at 2,30 in the morning and to me it is pure value. I respect Psycho and Czech so much and often tail them but this time i just cant.. Looks like the market is with me too. P.S. If Atko is on Raonic too, then i'll think of laying my bet.. :lol

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Wawrinka v Davydenko Selection Wawrinka Strength 10/10 Date 13/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.74 Reasoning I like Wawrinka here. he's looking pretty strong this year, and putting in some good works and getting results. He didn't play too werll on the clay in South America, I'm not really sure why he was playing those tournaments, but I think he can play some good stuff in these hard court events. Davydenko is showing some pretty poor form, first week of the year he looked really good but since then a bit of a mess. First round he struggled against Fognini, and I don't see him getting the better of Wawrinka here. Sport Tennis Event Petkovic v Bartoli Selection Petkovic Strength 10/10 Date 13/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.76 Reasoning Got to go against Bartoli here. She had a really tough first round match lasting nearly 3 hours, and she often has fitness issues so tough to like her against Petkovic. Petkovic is playing well this year, and got a nice win in round 1 against Safarova. Petkovic has already beaten Bartoli this year in Brisbane and should do it again. Sport Tennis Event Raonic v Fish Selection Raonic Strength 10/10 Date 13/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.84 Reasoning I like Raonic a lot. Massive game, all the potential in the world and he's in great form. He's like Isner but he can move, has better groundstrokes, and serves bigger :-). Raonic beat Fish in Memphis when he should have been tired and showed he has balls. Fish is showing some good form after struggling with illness at the start of the year, but still I'll take Raonic in this match.

Am i the only one on Fishy tonight? :lol Got a nice price at 2,30 in the morning and to me it is pure value. I respect Psycho and Czech so much and often tail them but this time i just cant.. Looks like the market is with me too. P.S. If Atko is on Raonic too, then i'll think of laying my bet.. :lol
:lol don't worry mate, I'm not on Raonic. Been away for the weekend so not getting involved until tomorrow. For what it's worth, I think Raonic is due a slump. He wasn't hugely impressive against Ilhan and all young players do lose momentum at some point. Fish took a set off him last month ... overs might be the bet.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Benneteau +3 games AH over Melzer @ 1.813 (Pinnacle:4pts) Benny did the business for me in rd 1 and will go with him again here.....could be the right time to play Melzer who is coming off clay matches in Davis Cup last week where he didnt look too great either. H2H is in favour of the Frenchman aswell and with one win under his belt already here at Indian Wells over Lopez I think he can play a competitive match against Melzer.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Becker vs Bellucci OVER 22.5 games @ 1.935 (Pinnacle:4pts) Think this one could be a messy match - Becker not great these days but got a decent win over De Bakker in straights in rd 1. Some of his losses recently have been poor enough though - lost in 2 to Blake and Berankis. Bellucci is more talented by coming from clay swing and he's not his best on hard courts......tends to be pretty inconsistent during games and I doubt he can take this one too easily today.

Once again Llodra decides to turn up when I bet against him. He's the most annoying player on tour.
There was suspicious odds movement before the match, so I would not be surprised if this match was not played out fairly by the loser of this match.