** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis 7-20 March

Re: Tennis 7-20 March One for me today, I'm hooked on the women's overs early doors. Urzula Radwanska vs Bojana Jovanovski- Over 21.5 games- Evens Bet365- (4/10) Not sure I quite understand the odds here. These two have been no strangers to some lengthy matches this year and despite Jovanovski being a very promising youngster, Radwanska has enough about her to create some chances of her own. At time this year, Jovanovski has gone missing in one set of her matches before regaining focus to win them. Looking at the last 10 matches of both players says alot to me. Radwanska has covered the overs in 7 of those 10 with the Serb going over in 6. The odd thing to me with these odds is that over the past couple of weeks, they have in fact played eachother twice, both being won by Jovanovski in 3 sets. Both have conceded a 6-1 set in one of those two matches which shows how they can both go missing at stages in matches. Evens for the overs which have been covered by these two twice in the past couple of weeks, see no reason why it should be priced like this and see this being another close one.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 7-20 March

To say that Mannarino is similar to Jones.... and that all he has is a big serve :rollin you need to watch some more tennis before forming opinions.
Agreed with this. Can't think of a more inaccurate description for the Frenchman. His serve isn't huge. He focuses on playing the points with defensive shots and putting that extra pace on the ball to suprise his opponents. Certainly no Karlovic.

2 for me. (4/10) A.Mannarino to bt. S. Dev Varman @ 2.02 at Pinnacle I cannot have Dev Varman as the favourite just because of his win over Tipsarevic. Class and talent is certainly on the side of the Frenchman, so why favor the Indian? The easy wins in quallies mean nothing, as his opponents were poor. Mannarino is the fav for me here. (4/10) P.Starace to bt. D.Young @ 2.36 at Pinnacle Young is way overrated here in my opinion. Starace is not good on hard courts, but he is still way better than Young, who is a mindless ball-basher imo. He is not the up-and-coming talent anymore, he is the talent that did not make it. So why make him a fav here?
I got to agree about both these picks and... Ryan Sweeting v Marcel Granollers Granollers 2.75 Sportingbet How come Sweeting is such a huge fav? Granollers is better then Sweeting on any surface.

I'll be backing Mischa Zerev @ 2.30 v Matthew Ebden :hope
I got to agree about this ofcourse.. I understand why you pick Zverev. Ebden is mostly on the challenger tour so Zverev should take it and I think he will play good enough to dispose off Ebden.

Prodon (vs Rivera-Aranguiz) @ 1.53 (nordicbet) – stake 7/10 Prodon (vs Rivera-Aranguiz) 2:0 @ 2.25 (nordicbet) – stake 3.5/10 Prodon (vs Rivera-Aranguiz) (-3) @ 1.93 (nordicbet) – stake 3.5/10 Roger-Vasselin (vs Veic) x Kavcic (vs Fischer) x Dutra da Silva (vs Trevisan) @ 2.45 (nordicbet) – stake 4/10 Roger-Vasselin (vs Veic) (-4,5) @ 2.3 (local) – stake 2.5/10 Saavedra (vs Zeballos) @ 3.55 (nordicbet) – stake 0.75/10 GL!
Prodon easily as expected 6:3 6:1 :clap +9.86u When odds came out in morning, combined in parlay also karol beck with vasellin and dutra. Covered the loss here. Kavcic just wasn't up for it. :( No Kyoto picks today, tough matchups to predict.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Ayumi Morita vs Shuai Zhang -3.5 AH. 1.72 @ Bet365 (7/10) This looks a bit short and I would not be surprised if this match ended in big crushing in favor of Morita. She has made a massive improvement comparing to last year and Zhang generally has done very little on tour to suggest that she has got any chance in this one. They have met once before and it was actually a couple weeks ago in Kuala Lumpur with Morita winning that one comfortably 6-0, 6-4. Having Morita with handicap here, should work out. Arantxa Parra-Santonja +4.5 AH vs Dinara Safina. 2.03 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Safina being available at 1.24 is a joke. Not suggesting that she won't win but odds like that are insane. She has got one win this year and has lost 8 of her last 9 matches. The only win was couple weeks ago in Kuala Lumpur where she beat Chinese player Xinyun Han who mainly plays on Asian Challenger tour and has done very little thus far. Safina still is very crap and I don't think that she can beat Santonja by 5 games today. Although Santoja's favorite surface is clay she would fancy her chances against player like Safina who surely will gift her some games with her terrible serving. On the other hand Santonja has got pretty decent serve herself, so should be able to get some cheap points. Like I said, Safina overrated increadibly here, which is so wrong. Would not be a shock if she lost again.

One for me today, I'm hooked on the women's overs early doors. Urzula Radwanska vs Bojana Jovanovski- Over 21.5 games- Evens Bet365- (4/10) WIN
Turned into a 3 hour epic in the end. Thought it was lost in the second set where Radwanska couldn't hold for shit but she managed to somehow turn that around and take the match. Good price that came in though so I'm happy with that. GL to the rest tonight.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March One more early for Friday... Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova -4 AH vs Anastasija Sevastova. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Pavlyuchenkova has got decent history in this event, having been to semifinals in 2009. She comes here in a very good mood just after defending her Monterrey title. Sevastova is a very good player who normally plays better on clay but can be a force on hard courts as well. Though, not against Pavlyuchenkova. Here we have quite obvious match-up problems. Pavly is a big hitter and has improved her game a lot since last year. She plays a bit more solid and makes less unforced errors than she did last year. They have played couple times before and Pavly has got better of Sevastova on both occasions. First of all it was last years Aussie Open first round match, Pavly won that 6-2, 6-4 and a month later also beat her in Monterrey. 6-3, 2-6, 6-1. Remember that match very well. The day was messed up because of rain delays and Pavlyuchenkova had a terrible second set there, yet still did the job. The Russian player had a bye here in the first round whilst Sevastova had yet another of her traditional tough matches with ugly stats. 7-5, 7-6 against another clay courter Hercog. She was broken 4 times and Pavlyuchenkova has quality game to do even more damage. Having this one early, because the odds will drop on this handicap, I guess.

To say that Mannarino is similar to Jones.... and that all he has is a big serve :rollin you need to watch some more tennis before forming opinions.
sure, mate :\ the result is similar enough - easy straight sets wins for Devvarman.:dude well, seriously it is may be an overstatement to compare Mannarino to Jones, as the Frenchman has better ground strokes but they are not good enough to compete against top class baseliners and his best results came on fast surfaces where his serve can be a bigger factor. And as to Devvarman, I believe he is one of the dark horses on the ATP and has more talent than Mannarino. His baseline game is great. FYI: "After competing on the Indian circuit all through his childhood, he hit the headlines as a student at the University of Virginia, USA, for being the only collegiate player to have made three consecutive finals at the NCAA, winning it back to back in his junior and senior years. Only three other players have matched that record since 1950. His 44-1 win-loss record in 2008, however, is unprecedented"

sure, mate :\ the result is similar enough - easy straight sets wins for Devvarman.:dude well, seriously it is may be an overstatement to compare Mannarino to Jones, as the Frenchman has better ground strokes but they are not good enough to compete against top class baseliners and his best results came on fast surfaces where his serve can be a bigger factor. And as to Devvarman, I believe he is one of the dark horses on the ATP and has more talent than Mannarino. His baseline game is great. FYI: "After competing on the Indian circuit all through his childhood, he hit the headlines as a student at the University of Virginia, USA, for being the only collegiate player to have made three consecutive finals at the NCAA, winning it back to back in his junior and senior years. Only three other players have matched that record since 1950. His 44-1 win-loss record in 2008, however, is unprecedented"
Well it's not impossible to see an indian player establish in top 50. I'd not be so surprised if Devvarman manage to improve and establish in top 50 for awhile.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Jelena Jankovic vs Coco Vandeweghe. Under 18 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (7/10) End of the road for Coco Vandeweghe here. Coco is all about serve and hitting big shots. Her serve is very inconsistent and playing against very good defensive player like Jankovic will be a tall order for her. Not sure she can hit enough aces to keep this match close, but majority of basline rallies will be won by Jankovic. Jelena will have an easy day on her own serve and it will be all about taking chances when you have them on the American player's serve and there will be quite a lot of those. Vandeweghe made 10 double faults in her opening match and the first serve was just 44%. Stats like that won't be good enough against player like Jakovic. Taking unders here, because really can't imagine Coco winning more than 5-6 games. Melanie Oudin vs Yanina Wickmayer. Under 20 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) No chance for Oudin in this one. She rode her luck in the first round against Vesnina who was sick, but still was in very good chance to win the opening set. Wickmayer is well rested and recovered from her illness. The biggest problem for Oudin here will be the lack of power, because Wickamyer will blow her off the court and there won't be any response from Melanie. They have played once before and the result really is not a suprise. Wickmayer beat her 6-2, 6-0 in Fed cup last month. Jarmila Groth -3.5 AH vs Sara Errani. 1.80 @ Bet365 (6/10) Another match where big hitter will destroy her opponent. Groth has got massive game and in a match against player like Errani she can afford to make some errors because she will be able to get a break anytime she wants. Errani plays very soft tennis most of the time and match on a hard court surface against big hitter like Groth will be lost for sure. They have played once before with Groth hammering Errani 6-3, 6-0 six years ago in a Challenger tournament on clay. Shahar Peer -4 AH vs Bethanie Mattek Sands. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (5/10) Mattek has never beaten Peer in four attempts and I don' think it will happen this time either. Besides she has got stomach flu and she is playing doubles here as well which of course is not helping in terms of saving energy. Peer has dropped just one set out of 9 against Mattek and has covered this handicap line in all four matches. She beat Mattek 6-2, 6-3 in this tournament last year. Kaia Kanepi -4 AH vs Gisela Dulko. 1.90 @ Nordicbet (5/10) Dulko traditionally struggles agaist big hitters and playing Kanepi on hard court surface should be a nightmare match for the Argentine player. She was not that impressive in the first round here getting past Vania King only in 3 sets. King had 13 break points in that match. Kanepi surely can generate even more than that and convert quite a lot as well. Kanepi to crush Dulko and win by 4 or more games.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Back to a slight profit overall now after yesterday. A further 3 for me today. Considered the overs in the Benny Lopez match but left that in the end with the price a bit short for my liking for an overs bet. Santiago Giraldo vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver- Under 20.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- (6/10) Not much to add to Atko's post about this one although he certainly got a generous price for this one as it has dropped a fair bit in the last day or so. The Spaniard has failed to win a match this year or even a set in any of his matches showing where he is at with his game at the minute. Giraldo on the other hand has looked good this year, beating good quality opponents and reaching an ATP final as well in the process. They've met twice, including on hard this year, where the unders came in. Expect Giraldo to cruise here and win in comfortable fashion. Couple of picks for the women as well. Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs Shahar Peer- Peer -3.5 handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Again favouring Shahar in the early rounds in a match in which she dominates the H2H. Mattek-Sands has been a bit hit and miss this year losing to some very average opponents. Peer has been her consistent self, winning easily in the early rounds but failing to really go on and challenge for the titles. She was poor against Bartoli in her last match, with her serve not being there at all but knowing Shahar, she will put that firmly behind her and move on. She has had a couple of weeks to get over that result and she should be up for todays match. It's a bit of a poor match up for the American here as Peer will be patient and then turn the heat up suddenly to put pressure on her opponents. The American isn't the most agile or stamina friendly IMO so for her to play a girl like Peer isn't the draw she would have hoped for. This is shown in the H2H which is 4-0 to Peer, only dropping a set in these meetings which was on clay. On the hard courts, it 6-0 to Shahar in sets, including a 2-0 win last year in Indian Wells and I'd fancy her to win this in comfortable fashion as well. She's covered the handicap in all 4 meetings between the two so I'll back her to do the same again. Ana Ivanovic vs Kimiko Date-Krumm- Over 21.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (5/10) Taking another overs for the third day in a row purely because I can't see either of these plays winning a match at the minute without some trouble in the process. Krumm seems to be always involved in some really lengthy matches and tight sets, no matter who her opponent is. 8 of her last 10 matches have gone overs. Not really sure why that is. She's over 40 years of age now so you'd think that she would be soiled after a couple of sets but it's not the case. Ivanovic you have to be a bit wary over at the minute. Crumbled against Schnyder in her last match after winning the first set, apparantly down to an abdominal injury but not 100% about that one. Her last 3 matches have gone overs anyways and like Krumm, I don't see her being able to win easily. They have played once before, at the back end of last season, which Ivanovic took in 3 sets, but the overs was covered after just the first two sets, echoing what I said about Krumm being involved in some really tight sets. Not a bad price for the overs so I'll back these two to battle out a close one.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Delic (vs Fischer) x Tursunov (vs Basic) (-4.5) @ 2.8 (nordicbet) - stake 4/10 Delic made an impact here. Fast surface, big server, won against Zopp and Andreas Beck, great crowd support, expect him to do what Kavcic didn't do yesterday. He needs to take this chance (try to get at least to SF) to get up his ranking to where it was once step by step. If his serve doesn't fail, don't see too much chances for Fischer. Tursunov. The court should suit him, but he is such an unpredictable player + all the accusations for fixing. But willing to take him here against futures player who first time here faces a decent server. basic will have crowd behind him, but Tursunov should be to experienced to fall under that pressure. Just don't see who this would fail unless Tursunov tanks it. Fast hadrcourts are his best surface (S&V type of player). Prodon (vs Dutra da Silva) x Capdeville (vs Zeballos) @ 4 (bet365) - stake 3/10 On Prodon wagon again. Dutra had a lot of matches in last week and half, and fatigue has to set in some time. Also rate prodon a bit less of mental midget than Dutra which always has ups and downs during the whole match. Rate them quite similar, just think value here is on Prodon. Capdeville home tournament. Lost in finals here gainst Fognini at the end of last year (they rescheduled the tournament). Just think bookies are underestimating him here. Zeballos played even more tennis than Dutra in last week, and fatigue has to set in some time. He managed to pull out match against Brzezicki in first round, now he faces even better player, don't see him bothering too much. Capdeville showed he can play tennis last week in DC, took a set against Roddick, defeated Isner. In front of home crowd he shouldn't fail. Capdeville (vs Zeballos) (+0.5) @ 2.2 (local) - stake 2.5/10 No odds still online. Just expect him to do business here. Nothing more.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Wickmayer (to bt Oudin) x Groth (to bt Errani) Double @ 2.00 (Boyles:5pts)

Wickmayer really should be taking care of Oudin who has never hit the heights again since the US Open a few years back.....she can have the occasional good match but on the whole serve just not good enough and too inconsistent. Wickmayer also tends to be flaky but she's just a far better player here..should have too much power. She crushed Oudin in their only h2h meeting too.

Same with Groth who crushed Errani in their h2h meeting - Errani can occasionally be tough and put up a fight on hard surface but she is all about relying on errors, typical clay-courter....no serve, no power in her groundies.......Groth has the advantage on serve and huge forehand to finish points after that. Match is on her racquet anyway.

gl!

- Robin Haase -3 games AH (vs Rainer Schuettler) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle - Schuettler d. Haase 7-6, 7-5 = LOSS - Over 22 games AH (Victor Hanescu vs Andreas Seppi) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle - Hanescu d. Seppi 4-6, 7-6, 6-3, = WIN
Disappointing loss by Haase but a nice, welcome overs win to keep it tight. Good work valve on the Challenger picks :ok

Good work valve on the Challenger picks :ok
Thanks. Gonna join in on ATP tour picks. Mello (vs Ramirez-Hidalgo) 2:0 @ 1.5 (bet365) - stake 6/10 Mello (vs Ramirez-Hidalgo) u20.5 @ 1.73 (nordicbet) - stake 5/10 Don't know what Ramirez-Hidalgo is doing here. He is a clay courter, who didn't play a decent HC match on major tournaments in years. Probably here just for the first round prize money which is a bigger sum than south american clay challengers. Indian wells should suit Mello perfectly, a slow court for a decent mix of clay/HC player. Expecting him to send veteran Ramirez to a nice vacation on California beaches. Bopanna (vs Tomic) (+3) @ 1.9 (nordicbet) - stake 4/10 Bopanna (vs Tomic) (o22.5) @ 1.9 (bet365) - stake 2/10 Can't see why such and overestimation on Tomic. Know he's an upcoming talent, but he's still got a lot work to do, especially in mental department (sometimes he's such a headcase). Also he retired last week in Dallas, allegedly fatigue was the reason. Just think he went on to prepare for matches here. Although Bopanna is a primarily doubles player, he showed last week and here he can do some decent singles tennis. Troubled Troicki in a 5-setter in DC match, defeated Brands here a qualies for Indian Wells. With these two players and their serves got to expect at least one TB. Harrison (vs Chardy) (+2.5) @ 1.9 (bet365) - stake 3/10 Harrison (vs Chardy) (o22) @ 1.9 (nordicbet) - stake 3/10 Frenchmen. Somehow always avoiding bet on them, as most of them seem live mental headcases. Chardy ain't far from there either. he played mostly clay during his carrer and tried to shift to HC for most of last year, but didn't get some major results. Here expect Harrison to try a make a decent fight (probably will if his serve stats would be decent), and not to fall under pressure, where he usually fails miserably. Probably a 3-setter just because cant see anyone here who can keep concentration long enough to take it in 2.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Adding another challenger pick Soeda (vs Stebe) @ 1.45 (nordicbet) - stake 7/10 Soeda (vs Stebe) 2:0 @ 2 (nordicbet) - stake 5/10 Soeda (vs Stebe) (-3.5) @ 1.9 (nordicbet) - stake 5/10 Should be the end of the way for young German. He made a nice impact here, which will help him to get in more challenger tournaments during the year. Soeda should do this pretty easily and has more experience on this kind of surface than Stebe. Also if Soeda can keep his serve here working decently, he'll have an upper hand. Stebe played 6 matches in this week, so fatigue has to set in at some point. Lot of stake in, but with these odds great value.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Took Benneteau as I said earlier. Benneteau to bt Lopez @ 2.20 (Pinny:3pts) Taking a few more aswell. Safarova vs Petkovic OVER 21 games AH @ 1.870 (Pinny:4pts) Two inconsistent girls here, ball-bashers....serve can go at any time. Think it could be a tough one and maybe some momentum shifts.Safarova does things the hard way alot and Petkovic is a good player too but is also prone to choke and go walkabouts. Kanepi -3.5 games over Dulko @ 1.72 (Bet365:4pts) Think Kanepi gets the job done here - Dulko is a good player but better on clay, she won a clay event a few weeks back and then semi in Monterrey on hard last week but Pavyluchenkova crushed her in 2 easily. Had a real struggle with King in rd 1 here yesterday and King is really average, American had 13 bp's and only took 3...not good enough.Kanepi should be well rested after a few weeks off, she should have beaten Jankovic in Dubai in her last match but choked at the end...I think she has too much power for Dulko here.

Benneteau to bt Lopez @ 2.20 Safarova vs Petkovic OVER 21 games AH @ 1.870 Kanepi -3.5 games over Dulko @ 1.72 Wickmayer (to bt Oudin) x Groth (to bt Errani) Double @ 2.00
win............benny 6-4 6-4 win............Petko 7-6 7-5 win............Kanepi 3-6 6-2 6-2 loss............Wickmayer won easily, Groth lost serving like a chump.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Ayumi Morita vs Shuai Zhang -3.5 AH. 1.72 @ >Bet365 (7/10) LOSS Arantxa Parra-Santonja +4.5 AH vs Dinara Safina. 2.03 @ Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova -4 AH vs Anastasija Sevastova. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN Jelena Jankovic vs Coco Vandeweghe. Under 18 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (7/10) WIN Melanie Oudin vs Yanina Wickmayer. Under 20 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN Jarmila Groth -3.5 AH vs Sara Errani. 1.80 @ >Bet365 (6/10) LOSS Shahar Peer -4 AH vs Bethanie Mattek Sands. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (5/10) LOSS Kaia Kanepi -4 AH vs Gisela Dulko. 1.90 @ Nordicbet (5/10) WIN Mixed bag really and some crap performances...

Delic (vs Fischer) x Tursunov (vs Basic) (-4.5) @ 2.8 (nordicbet) - stake 4/10 Prodon (vs Dutra da Silva) x Capdeville (vs Zeballos) @ 4 (bet365) - stake 3/10 Capdeville (vs Zeballos) (+0.5) @ 2.2 (local) - stake 2.5/10
Soeda (vs Stebe) @ 1.45 (nordicbet) - stake 7/10 Soeda (vs Stebe) 2:0 @ 2 (nordicbet) - stake 5/10 Soeda (vs Stebe) (-3.5) @ 1.9 (nordicbet) - stake 5/10
Mello (vs Ramirez-Hidalgo) 2:0 @ 1.5 (bet365) - stake 6/10 Mello (vs Ramirez-Hidalgo) u20.5 @ 1.73 (nordicbet) - stake 5/10 Bopanna (vs Tomic) (+3) @ 1.9 (nordicbet) - stake 4/10 Bopanna (vs Tomic) (o22.5) @ 1.9 (bet365) - stake 2/10 Harrison (vs Chardy) (+2.5) @ 1.9 (bet365) - stake 3/10 Harrison (vs Chardy) (o22) @ 1.9 (nordicbet) - stake 3/10
Shouldn't gat involved in Japan challenger, but bet was already placed. Tursunov back on blacklist. Atp went quite nicely.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Aravane Rezai to beat Shuai Zhang. 2.15 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Not a fan of Rezai for well known reason but I think she will win this match, it's kinda wrong that she is an underdog against very average player who has done very little on tour to impress. Zhang was very lucky to get past Morita in the first round. Playing tough 3 sets and also having couple matches here in qualies might have just be too much for her. Rezai certainly can do something about Zhang's poor serving. Rezai has won their only meeting pretty comfortably 6-3, 6-3 three years ago, on hard in Auckland. Alisa Kleybanova vs Agnes Szavay. Under 20.5 games. 1.80 @ Nordicbet (5/10) This is the first tournament of the year for Szavay. She had not played since October. Getting past very old player like Craybas in the first round was not big deal. Playing Kleybanova will be very tough. I'm not sure Szavay can live with Alisa's power. Expect the Russian player to win this easily and in straight sets, also with unders. H2H shows that it has been done on both occasions they met. 6-2, 6-3 in Antwerp in 2008 and 6-3, 6-2 in Seoul last year. Ekaterina Makarova +5 Ah vs Victoria Azarenka. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (6/10) This is definitely wrong, Azarenka won't win by 6 games, so I'm pretty confident about this handicap. Makarova has got very good serve and Azarenka will have a tough time dealing with it. Saw their match in Eastbourne final last year. Makarova won 7-6(5), 6-4 and could have won comfortably as Aza was injured. Azarenka did get a revenge earlier this year winning in 3 sets in Sidney 2-6, 6-2, 6-4. I think Makarova can make this match very close and 5 games spread for out of form and most of the time lacking motivation Azarenka will be too much to cover. Men coming up a bit later when there will be totals and handicaps available.