Tennis 7-20 March

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 7-20 March

- Ivo Karlovic (vs Albert Montanes) x Sam Querrey (vs Tommy Robredo) @ 2.24 with William Hill (4pts) - Karlovic bt Montanes 7-6, 6-2/Robredo bt Querrey 6-1 6-3 LOSS - Over 23 games AH (Tomas Berdych vs Stanislas Wawrinka) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle (6pts) - Wawrinka bt Berdych 3-6 6-4 6-4 WIN - Under 23 games AH (Andy Roddick vs Richard Gasquet) @ 1.971 with Pinnacle (6pts) - Gasquet bt Roddick 6-3 7-6 WIN
Querrey stopped it from being a clean sweep but glad to get some good profit on the board, albeit the unders coming in via Gasquet rather than Roddick.

Philipp Kohlschreiber v Juan Martin Del Potro Been a huge fan of the big Argentine since his return from his unfortunate wrist injury. He's really hit the ground running this year, he won in Delray Beach last month and went to the semis in the previous two tournaments Memphis and San Jose. He's done this with a poor ranking so he's had tougher than usual early round opponents. Both times these boys have played each other its been a close encounter but JMDP is up 2-0, and these games were a fair few years ago. Phillipp has not really done much recently and seems to fall to any top 25 players but he has already knocked out Soderling so credit must be given. I was feeling JMDP on the - Handicap but he may lose a game so I decided the over 20.5 games was a safer bet. Both their previous matches have covered this line and I can see it being a close match up on the hard court. Over 20.5 games 6pts @ 1.80 Rafael Nadal v Somdev Dev Varman Rafa is yet to break a sweat at the Indian Wells. He has brushed aside his last two opponents covering a -8 and 10 handicap. Somdev is way out of his depths against the World no1 having struggled with Xavier Malisse in the last round I can't see him holding serve too much and Rafa will surely have to much in his hard hitting wedgie locker. The handicap and under 17.5 games was a tough toss up. Rafael Nadal -6.5 Game Handicap @ 6pts @ 1.80
Del Potro put me in the money with as expected two tough sets that brought in the over 20.5 games with 24 games. :ok Nadal struggled with Somdev and only covered a -4 Handicap :wall

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Victoria Azarenka +4.5 AH vs Caroline Wozniacki. 2.08 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Not impressed with Azarenka's performances to fancy her winning today but 4.5 games looks too much of a handicap for Wozniacki to cover. She has done that only 2 times in 6 matches they have played. She was pushed all the way with Kleybanova and I believe Azarenka has got the game to keep this close as well. It's all about mood for Aza, it seems. She has got aggressive game and that's the only way to play against defensive player like Wozniacki. Overs look another option here but would not work out if Azarenka crushed Wozniacki in two sets which can happen as well. Anyway I'm having handicap here. Maria Sharapova -3 AH vs Shuai Peng. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) Can't imagine Peng in Premier event final, really can't. That's one reason I think she will lose today and there are couple more. First of all Sharapova has been in great shape this week, lost only one set, that was in her opening match against Garrigues. Peng has played tough three set matches in her last three matches here so will definitely be tired. Peng has beaten Sharapova once before but that stat doesn't worry me one bit, because it happened in Beijing which you can understand. Sharapova will be fresh for this match and that most of the time is very important at this stafe of the tournament.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Will have more. (4/10) T.Robredo (+4.5) to bt. J.M.Del Potro @ 2.25 at Pinnacle The handicap a little bit too much for me, Robredo is by no means such a poor player and both players looked struggling a little bit, so I see this as a tight contest. The odds for his outright win are also a little bit ridiculous at 6.92 if you convert it to the percentage chance he should have according to the bookies.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Two more. (4/10) Ivo Karlovic Over 9.5 games @ 1.83 at Paddy Power He can do it, Devvarman almost did it yesterday and Karlovic has a much better serve, while Nadal can still struggle a little bit on the return here. He can definitely hold his serve ten times in my opinion. A little bit of risk if Nadal turns it on, but he never had it easy against Karlovic. (4/10) M.Sharapova/S.Peng Under 21.5 games @ 1.87 at Pinnacle Either Sharapova wins this easily, or she will struggle on serve and loses this easily. Either way, it should be a short match. Both of their meetings so far went under and I can definitely see a repeat of this.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Robredo retired even before the match vs Del Potro. Kinda silly day today in IW. Azarenka lasted just 3 games before was advised to quit by her coach. I bet the next one will be Peng who will be too tired to play or last the entire match against Sharapova :rollin

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Sharapova v Peng Selection Lay Peng (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 17/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.73 Reasoning Runningbad the last couple of days, decided against this play earlier but now going to make it. Peng had a really tough few matches all going 3 sets. Could be an issue here she fights a lot and her game style must take a lot of energy. Sharapova has been looking better lately. Last two matches pretty good, although opponents haven't played well. She needs confidence, and those wins might give it to her. Think she'll come through this, and should be fairly comfortable.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Maria Sharapova -3 AH vs Shuai Peng. 1.85 @ Nordicbet (6/10) WIN Victoria Azarenka +4.5 AH vs Caroline Wozniacki. 2.08 @ Pinnacle (5/10) VOID Quite a messy match by Sharapova but she made it and that's the most important thing. Looks good for an upset against Wozzi.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Roger Federer -4 AH vs Stanislas Wawrinka. 1.98 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Wawrinka has got mental issues when playing Federer. Remember their last match very well. It was couple moths ago in Aussie Open. Wawrinka was crushing everybody on his way including people like Gael Monfils and Andy Roddick but was shadow of himself when he stepped on the court to face his good friend Federer. Stan won just seven games and was hammered 6-1, 6-3, 6-3. Federer didn't really have to put in hard effor to get that win, Wawrinka was crap and he has been like that more often than not when playing Roger. He has got only one win in 10 matches against Federer. That was scored in 2009 Monte Carlo Masters. Funny thing about that match was that Federer had married 3 days prior to that, so was really not in the mood. Anyway expect another meltdown by Wawrinka and 4 games handicap looks good on paper here. Marion Bartoli to beat Yanina Wickmayer. 2.35 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Going agaisnt one of my faves here. Wickmayer is most likely gonna struggle against Bartoli. Both are ball bashers. Bartoli has got better defensive game and she makes less unforced errors. She has been very lucky throughout the whole tournament. Petkovic handed match on a plate, Clijsters retired and Ivanovic was all over the place mentally after her big win against Jankovic. Bartoli had stomach upset in that match against Ivanovic. Now she has had couple of days to rest and prepare for this match and I think she'll be fine. Wickmayer has lost both matches against Bartoli and has yet to win a set against her. Not sure she can change her fortunes this time around. Bartoli to have an edge here. + waiting for odds on Sharapova against Wozniacki. I guess will have a crack at something in that match as well

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Maria Sharapova +4.5 AH vs Caroline Wozniacki. 2.04 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Sharapova looks like she's on a mission here. Double faults are still huge part of her game in IW as well, but she plays very aggresive and was very impressive with her backhand cross court shots against Peng un quarterfinals. Wozniacki was watching that match and no idea what she made of it because Sharapova has got every chance to knock her out. Wozniacki won't be able to play as hard as Peng did and I reckon Sharapova will make this match very close. They have played 5 times before. Sharapova has own 4 of those matches with the only defeat coming in last years US Open 4th round. Wozzi won that match 6-3, 6-4. Sharapova was only 1/9 on break points, so it shoud have been a bit closer. Now she's in much better mood and wants this badly. Being this match against boring Wozniacki I'm cautious about Sharapova's win, but 4.5 games is too big here.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Psycho's done a pretty good resume of the Roger Federer-Stanislas Wawrinka showdown, but I'll add my weight to his selection. Roger Federer -4 AH (1.96 with Pinnacle) looks a tasty morsel. Wawrinka's been pretty immense this week against some decent foes in Berdych and Cilic, but he's got some sort of complex with Federer, especially on an outdoor hard court. The Australian Open defeat Psycho alluded to won't do his confidence any favours whatsoever. I do enjoy Wawrinka's backhand - if it were a woman, it would almost certainly be Cheryl Cole. Cute, sexy, perfectly formed but with a bit of fire and bite. However, much like the aforementioned lass, Wawrinka can be soft and naive, especially in bigger matches against bigger opponents. The handicap allows us the luxury of a close set or even a three-setter. Just think Roger will have too much - again - for Stan. One man who is ripping up opponents like toilet paper is Novak Djokovic, who takes on Richard Gasquet. Quite impressed with how Gasquet has come through his draw with wins over Melzer and Roddick, but this time, unless he plays out of his skin, he really is going home. Djokovic trounced him 6-1 6-1 last year and considering the suave Serb has only dropped two games in the whole tournament, under 20 games AH (1.90 with sportingbet) looks generous. Djokovic is just feeling the ball so well at the moment and hitting it beautifully. Gasquet's also in a nice place right now but as demonstrated against Roddick, he can get clammy in tense moments. Not what you want against Djokovic, who I think will continue his ninja-like assault through the field.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Have to agree with Atko on Djoko - Gasquet, cant see anything other than a comfy win for Djoker.....he is the best player in the world at the minute, playing quality tennis. Gasquet has had a good week but even though Roddick was average I still got the feeling Gasquet was close to choking in that one....would have fancied Roddick in the 3rd had he taken one of those set points but in the end he couldnt find a serve in the breaker and struggles to hit through players in general. Djoko on the other hand is flying now and I can see at least one comfortable set for the Serb. Price at Sportingbet is value in my view, Pinny is as low as 1.76 on the same bet so worth a shot. Djokovic Gasquet UNDER 20 GAMES AH @ 1.90(6pts)

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Federer v Wawrinka Selection Federer -4 games Strength 10/10 Date 18/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.07 Reasoning I'm been fooled into backing Wawrinka in this match up before. Mentally he just doesn't have it, depite how well he might be playing. This tournament, I don't think he's playing that well. Don't think he's starting matches well (maybe different against Cilic) and it's taking him a while to get his ground strokes going. If that happens against Federer, he'll be well down. I haven't seen Federer so far, so not sure how he's playing, but doesn't seem to have had many problems. I see Federer winning comfortable and should cover this line.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Time goes on but Gasquet never changes. It's amazing how he can get to this stage of the tournament and not want to win. So silly... Any other player of his class with proper motivation would have put Djokovic away.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Federer v Wawrinka Everything I was thinking has been pretty much covered by both Psycho and Atko for this game. Stanislas seems to struggle against his fellow Swiss big time and even for his great form a loss of 9-1 Head to Head shows the dominance of Roger. Nothing else to say. Federer - 4.5 Games Handicap 3pts @ 2.10 Nadal v Juan Martin Del Potro JMDP is my favourite player at the moment, he just keeps growing and growing in confidence and the more he plays the better he's getting. Hes climbed hugely in ranking points from the gloomy 300s to 90th and it will carry on increasing with a steady show already at Indian Wells. He got a bye to the semis after Robredo retired but I reckon he would still have made it comfortably. Nadal was in great form but struggled a bit with Somdev and then lost a set last round to Karlovic. For some reason he seems to be stuttering at present and it will be a tough match against the form of the Argentine. The Head to Head reads 4-3 in favour of the Spaniard but the last three games all coincidently on Hard Court Outdoor surfaces such as the one at Indian Wells, JMDP has won them and quite comfortably too! Now fair enough Nadals expected to go through to the final but not without a stern test in my opinion so the decision comes should I take the overs in games or JMDP on a positive handicap. My heart has ruled over mind and I want Juan Martin to do it even if its on a handicap so thus my decision. Juan Martin Del Potro +3.5 Games Handicap 3pts @ 1.73

Time goes on but Gasquet never changes. It's amazing how he can get to this stage of the tournament and not want to win. So silly... Any other player of his class with proper motivation would have put Djokovic away.
This must be a joke. Novak is a better player for the class and RG had no chance. He wanted victory, and fought as he could, but Nole is on fire.Today ND played just as much as he needed to win. My money are on Nole against Fed...

This must be a joke. Novak is a better player for the class and RG had no chance. He wanted victory, and fought as he could, but Nole is on fire.Today ND played just as much as he needed to win. My money are on Nole against Fed...
No, it's not! Gasquet has got history of this. Djokovic was struggling big time out there. Gasquet was a break up in both sets, yet on both occasions decided not to go for it, made silly shot selections etc. That's why I very rarely get involved with him. He can play and can beat top players in the world and should have taken at least one of the two sets against Nole but did not want to. He is very pathetic player, massively talented, but horribly idiotic and that's why he will never ever be on top although has got the game to be there. Remember Gasquet playing crap player like Phau in Chennai earlier this year. He lost a set from 5-1 up. Against Phau, player who can't serve. Nobody loses a set to Phau after leading 5-1...

No' date=' it's not! Gasquet has got history of this. Djokovic was struggling big time out there. Gasquet was a break up in both sets, yet on both occasions decided not to go for it, made silly shot selections etc. That's why I very rarely get involved with him. He can play and can beat top players in the world and should have taken at least one of the two sets against Nole but did not want to. He is very pathetic player, massively talented, but horribly idiotic and that's why he will never ever be on top although has got the game to be there. Remember Gasquet playing crap player like Phau in Chennai earlier this year. He lost a set from 5-1 up. Against Phau, player who can't serve. Nobody loses a set to Phau after leading 5-1...[/quote'] I only talk about yesterday's match. I cant agree Novak was struggling big time, He played badly only in the beginning of each set but later he played quite well. It often happens with him to start the match or set a little more relaxed, or to take the opponent lightly and loose couple of games or first set too. Countless times I have seen such development in his matches(Golubev second set, FMayer first,etc etc) I didnt see at any point that RG give up or sometnihg like that. The only thing I have seen is the obvious difference in class between those two players. Dont forget Nole destroyed him 6-1 6-1 last year too.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Djokovic v Federer Selection Federer Strength 10/10 Date 19/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.46 Reasoning Easy to back Federer at this price. He's never been so high in a match against Djokovic. Djokovic has won the last few matches between, but still I don't think he should be so short. Saw them both yesterday, and I was more convinced by Federer. He seems to be playing pretty good, and I think he'll take this and end Djokovic's unbeaten start to the year.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Rafa Nadal to beat Novak Djokovic. 2.17 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Djokovic of course in fantastic form and is yet to lose a match this year but I'm not so excited as the most are about his game and his wins. For instance, this week he has been very lucky because of the draw. He had to play brainless players or ones who don't want to play or people who can't avoid making tons of unforced errors like Federer. Nadal will win today, I think. He can grind out wins and is mentally stronger than anybody on tour. Djokovic being favorite in this match makes sense only if you look at his results this year, other than that Nadal is favorite and I pick him to win. Djokovic has never beaten Nadal in a final, losing all 5 matches. I think this is the stat you really need to know, not 19-0 Djokovic mark for this season. Every streak comes to an end at one point. Caroline Wozniacki vs Marion Bartoli. Under 19.5 games. 1.80 @ Nordicbet (5/10) Not a fan of either of the finalists. Wozniacki of course clear favorite and most likely will win but I would not be shocked if Bartoli for once managed to pull everything together and win a huge match like this. She has beaten Wozniacki before, did that in 09 Stuttgart and last year in Cincy. I believe this match can go two directions - either Bartoli blows Wozniacki off the court and hammers her or she can't get past her defense and will lose by big margins herself. In either scenario it's under whath I'm looking at. They have had only one overs in 6 matches and that was on clay in 2009. Last match they played was last month in Doha 1/2final. Wozzi won 6-1, 6-1. Bartoli was crushing everybody prior to that match but was helpless in the semifinal. Could be the same outcome here as well.

Re: Tennis 7-20 March Sport Tennis Event Djokovic v Nadal Selection Nadal Strength 10/10 Date 20/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.15 Reasoning Rafa as underdog has some appeal. Watched both yesterday and thought Nadal was excellent. Once he got going he really looked up for it and was hitting his forehand excellently. Djokovic was good against Federer, but in the end it was a Federer collapse. So this should be a great match, would be happy to be on either at odds against.