** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - 19th of Feb

Aidymac

West End Rocker - Haydock 3:20 I think this has a very good chance of landing this competitive Grand National trialver 3m 4f on heavy ground tomorrow. It won at Warwick last time out over 3m 5f on soft ground, beating Minella Boys by 3/4 of a length. They pulled well clear of the rest nd that was also a Grade 3 Class 1 Chase. Has been raised 8 pounds but it should be no problem as i think there is more improvement to come. It had Le Beau Bai back in 4th that day and it will love tomorrows conditions. With the stable having a good year i think this horse will be there at the finish. Out of his 16 races thus far, he has only failed to be out of the places 4 times. 1 Point win @ 6/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb Ascot 2.25 Exmoor Ranger EW - 10/1 Lads Exmoor Ranger will like the conditions tomorrow. Been plugging on behind decent horses in 2 competitive handicaps this season. His jumping improved a lot at Cheltenham and I still think he has a big win in him. The Welsh National didn't suit him and smaller field and Ascot will be more to his liking. The race over C&D in the beginning of the season, where he was finished 4th was probably a better race than tomorrow's. The fav looks unexposed, but Breedsbreeze might struggle to carry the weight over 3 miles, Ogee made too many mistakes lto and prefers left handed tracks. Burren Legend needs further trip. And few of the others will struggle with their hikes after recent wins.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb Le Beau Bai - 3.20 Haydock - 1pt win 9/1 Skybet Usually comes to life in February (80% sr) and bound to love the testing conditions. Unlike many of these LBB has ran over the distance finishing 3rd last year @ Haydock but despite being beaten ran OK after being well fancied. Trainer in good form so plenty of positives

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3.35 Ascot Copper Bleu 16/1 Ladbrokes This one returns from a lengthy absence and has had a wind operation during that time. Won the Jewson at Cheltenham before flopping on his last start. Obviously something must have been wrong with the horse hence the operation. That problem has hopefully now been rectified and if able to recapture his very smart hurdling form, and ready to rock n roll, he could run a huge race here. The horse has beaten riverside theatre over hurdles and finished a close up 4th in the supreme novices at Cheltenham. Could run a big race if ready to go and ill take the chance.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 15.20 Haydock - Carruthers 6-1 This looks a great chance for the horse to get off the mark for the season judging by his reduced handicapped mark, he's due to carry 12 lbs(including matt o'conners claim) less than when finishing 6th to diamond harry in the hen.Add this to his form figures on heavy going which read ran 3 won 3 including when impressively beating big fella thanks at newbury. Although the horse hasn't run this far before he stays all day and therefore seems a great bet.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3:20 Haydock: King Fontaine 1pt win 8/1 Betfred King Fontaine has the look of a horse that should be followed, he has won his last four and is up in the handicap as a result of his winning run. However, he won easing down last time. The going and extra half mile are unknowns, yet there is every reason to believe this progressive chaser will handle both. Malcolm Jefferson is in good form, and King Fontaine's proven course form will stand him in good stead.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3.25pm @ Lingfield 'Tislaam' 4/1(VC bet BOG) Seemingly improved run last time out but wasnh't really, the oprevious races went wrong whith checksand bumps and not ruidden well. Just got up last time after a little more ohter, the horse does like the bother. Troublefree, which is admittedly doubtful, he could win comfortably. Expect trouble at some stage but hopefully marginal and he gets the run at the right time to come home late with the dough. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3:35 Ascot - Like Minded - 1pt @ 7/1 (Bet365 - BOG) Tough contest to solve but I think Paul Nicholls' Like Minded shaped very well last time out, on the back of over a year off the track. It was a highly competitive 19 runner race over 2m 5f at Kempton, in which he showed up well for a long time before seeming to be in need of the run. He runs here off the same mark but has a first time tongue tie applied, which if having the desired effect, should certainly help to see this lightly raced 7 year old in a better light. He's clearly had his problems, having picked up a leg injury in December 09, after chasing home Alan King's Manyriverstocross in a Grade 2 contest at Sandown. He's only had 5 career starts, 3 over hurdles, so he's open to a significant amount of improvement and looks potentially well handicapped, especially given his powerful connections ability to irk out that extra improvement needed. Nicholls landed this contest last year with a similarly lightly raced type and I'm quite keen on his chances of doing it again. It often pays to carry little weight here and Like Minded will only carry 10st 6lbs, which is bound to come in handy. The ground should pose no problems, as that Grade 2 second was over further on very testing ground and if anything, he should be better suited by todays conditions. Nick Scholfield takes the reins today and he's more than capable of getting a good tune out of this fellow. He has a good strike rate over hurdles for this trainer and will hopefully add to that here. They should blast off in front, with the likes of Lough Derg in the field and I think that'll be in my selections favour, assuming he comes on for his recent reappearance. He has a lot of ability and a lot more to come, so I think the current price tag of 7/1 is very tempting indeed. I'm playing medium stakes on him and I should get a very good run for my money at the very least.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 1pt win le beau bai 8/1 PP BOG 3.20 Haydock a typical Grand National trial with a 3 and a half mile slog through the mud likely and a few in with a shout. my choice is le beau bai, third in the race last year and with a 10lb pull at the weights. a decent fourth at warwick and this track should suit much better.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 1pt win teddys reflection 13.50 ascot paddy power 14/1 teddys reflection can run a big race at a good price,a course and distance winner in november,has been in the top 3 in 7 of its 11 starts winning twice,was staying on last time so the extra furlong and the soft ground should be an advantage,for what its worth its highest rating on adrian massey is 32 points higher than any of the other 3 runners, prvt message for Kev when he wears a snood looks like a roll on...get your mortgage on it mate:drums

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3.35 Ascot - 1pt win Like Minded @ 15/2 (Skybet) Bit of a punt going in such a competitive handicap hurdle, but the Paul Nicholls trained Like Minded stands out like a sore thumb here in my opinion. Showed a lot of promise in 4 previous runs (2 bumpers and 2 hurdles) before running okay when midfield behind James De Vassy last time at Kempton. That was a tough race to be brought back into, and will have needed it, despite going off at 13/2. It was beaten under 3 lengths by Manyriverstocross on only its second start over hurdles in December 2009. That horse has good form since - including a 5 length defeat by Menorah in November. The useful Vino Griego and Frascati Park were behind both Manyriverstocross and Like Minded in that race, also. Everything points towards a huge run from this unexposed horse.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 2.45 Haydock Any Given Day 2/1 Bet365 bog Different class to these on evidence of recent runs and thought it should be odds on so surprised at price. Upped in trip, going not a problem, trainer in form and eyecatching jockey booking with G Lee on board. Difficult to find a danger with form at similar level lump on before the price goes!!:hope

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3.20 Haydock Mobaasher is rated higher over hurdles but I really think he is more of a chaser. Ran a cracking race lto behind Grand Crus which should set him up nicely for this race over the bigger obstacles and with the extra distance bound to suit he should run really well. Stable really starting to fire now and he will most likely be held up to come with a late run. 1 Pt win 7/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 2:10 Haydock - Court In Motion - Back Glorious chance to gain back-to-back wins here and I think he should be alot shorter than his current price. Suffered only defeat in last 3 starts 2 runs ago when 2nd in a Grade 1. No disgrace in that at all and he shrugged that aside lto when hammering a Grade 2 field by 21 lengths. Ominously, the Racing Post note that the trainer thinks the horse will improve for the step up in trip. If that's the case he'll be incredibly hard to beat. I expected him to be around 4/9 here, so the current price looks outstanding. Take the price before he gets smashed 1pt win @ 4/5 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb At Haydock the opening novice race only has 5 runners but is a fascinating contest. Local Hero beat Third Intention last time and the runner up is better off at the weights today so they should be close at the finish. Ex French horse Houblon Des Obeaux ran a blinder on his UK debut when second to Marsh Warbler and can only improve for that and must be a danger to all. The stable are in much better form now aswell so must be in the shake up. 140 Hay: Houblon Des Obeaux 1pt (2/1 Bet365)

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 2:25 Ascot - EXMOOR RANGER @ 10/1 e-w Bet365 The favourite ROYAL TUNE could be hard to beat here but i think is worth taking on with something each-way after his 16lb rise for lto win and still has to prove he will stay 3 miles. I think EXMOOR RANGER has a decent chance here ground should suit as should the drop back to 3 mile after racing in the Welsh National lto which was maybe too far, was only around 7 lengths behind the progressive MIDNIGHT CHASE before that which looks decent form and trainer Victor Dartnall is in decent enough form.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb Roll Along 2.25 Ascot 33-1 Each Way (Bet365 bog) Didn't race in 2010 and pulled up last time out in a spin over hurdles but has course form here and won off a rating of 149 here when beating Air Force One. Was also 2nd in the Grade 1 RSA at Cheltenham behind Albertas Run. Breedsbreeze won a Grade 1 off 149 and is off 150 today but that is 4-1 while this horse is clearly classy but is 33-1 due to it being out of form and being pulled up last time. Races off 143 today so 6lb below last winning mark and it all depends if you believe in the saying "form is temporary, class is permanent". This horse will either run well or flop and probably be pulled up but I'm taking that chance at the price. I feel the favourite is a ridiculously short price when it has only raced once here and won a class 3 race easily and is up in class against proven Graded performers. You factor potential into the price but 9-4 on the fav looks too short to me. The other one I've backed is Carrickmines, hoping they use the same tactics as last time out and lead the race, a 15 length win is not something to ignore and although it's up 9lb in the ratings it could be going the right way if they have hit on the correct way to run the horse these days. It won 3 chases in a row with hold up tactics previously but then disappointed since and the odds are interesting today bearing in mind that last victory.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3.55 Haydock Stopped Out ew @ 11/1 Bet >365 Came back to form winning a handicap hurdle at Kelso in November on testing ground and followed that up with a decent run at Ayr when stepping back in trip. Step up in trip should suit and goes off the same mark as the Ayr run and has place chances at least.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb Ascot 3.35 - Drill Sergeant - 0.5 pts e/w, 7/1 Bet 365 Can be a little sketchy at times but I was impressed with his run at Kempton last time out he was right in the mix but made a mistake two out which ended any hope he had and eventually finsihed 8th of 19 but I feel his run merited more then the result showed. Also the step down to 2m3 could be in his favour.

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb

Ascot 3.35 - Drill Sergeant - 0.5 pts e/w' date= 7/1 Bet 365 Can be a little sketchy at times but I was impressed with his run at Kempton last time out he was right in the mix but made a mistake two out which ended any hope he had and eventually finsihed 8th of 19 but I feel his run merited more then the result showed. Also the step down to 2m3 could be in his favour.
Sorry meant to say 1 pt win not e/w if someone can edit that ;)

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 4-30 haydock -douglas-julian -win the quicker ground at doncaster didnt suit last time even though he was held when un-seating,this ground will be more suitable today the form of his previous 2 wins over fences as been boosted by the placed horses at bangor by them going on to win i believe theres more improvement to come from this horse

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 14:25 Ascot Ogee - Runs well after coming back fresh and won the race after the last 3 times. 2 bad jumps last time out finished off a tired Ogee. Dropping back to 3 mile where 2 wins and 3places from 5 and back to the favoured going with 2 wins and 3 places from 6. Running off a fair mark. 0.5EW 8/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb

Runs @ 3:55 Haydock First time in a Handicap and potentially well treated. Not been seen for over 700days since being pulled up at Cheltenham. Fitness is an obvious worry, bit it wouldn't be the first time Venetia has brought one back from a lengthy absence to win. Could really be a class above these and at the prices I'm willing to take a punt. 1pt Win @ 16/1 Betfair Cheers :cheers Willster

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 13:20 Ascot I'm going to side with Problema Tic to stretch his unbeaten run to 5 races today. Nicky Henderson's 5 year old has yet to put a foot wrong in four races to date by winning all 4. Was first seen on a racecourse in March 2010 where he won a national hunt flat race at Towcester in very good style. He ran out an impressive 8 length winner that day. He then followed that up with another win in a national hunt race (up in class) at Aintree off a 10lb penalty, he also lost the 7lb claim of David Bass that day so he was effectively 17lbs higher yet still made all that day and won the race by just under a length. Made a confortable winning debut over hurdles at Southwell at the start of the year in a 10 runner maiden hurdle race and followed that up with a win in novice company which he runs in again today. Was stepped up to todays trip of 19 furlongs for the first time at Market Rasen LTO and those extra couple of furlongs did not trouble him at all. He will appreciate the softer conditions having won in soft and good to soft ground so the ground is not a concern. Win Problema Tic @ 5/2 (>Bet365 - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb Ling 1.45 - A Little Bit Dusty - win at 4/1 BOG with Wm Hill Only 4 runners here in the claimer The nicholls horse could be anything - racked up a few wins in France then came over here and ran in a group 3, getting well beat. Had a few months off. Who knows what level he is ?...........he's probably Favourite but I'll take a chance that he'll either need the run or he'll be unsuited to the track having run on fibresand or good or soft turf in France. The other 3 seem to be of a similar level My selection is in good nick, having won his last 2, he's a CD winner and won with plenty in hand last time. He might just be improving now He's a front runner but more speedily bred than the others - I hope he gets to the front, sets a slow pace and makes it into a 2 furlong sprint. That could well catch the others napping !

Re: BBOTD - 19th of Feb 3:35 Ascot Karasenir EW - 8/1 (Bet365) Jumping often lets this one down and if he gets it right he'll win a decent race one day, hopefully today. Has good form with the likes of Tito Bustillo and Salden Licht. Ground is a slight worry but I think his losses have been due to his sloppy jumping rather than the ground. Step up in trip shouldn't pose many problems and it'll be a truly run race with Lough Derg and Drill Sergeant up front, which will suit him.