Cycling 2011

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 11 A lot of small hills here and probably the favorites will finish in the same group. David Arroyo – Roman Kreuziger 2.42 Both are fighting for GC. Until now it’s 2:1 for Arroyo at the hilly stages. I think he is better than those kind of finishes. Good odds for 50/50 chances Jerome Pineau – Johnny Hoogerland 2.12 A stage made for Hoogerland, but seems he lost his classics form. Now he is finishing far behind the others. Pineau loves this kind of stages and often is in a breakway. He may try his luck as well. Good odds. Mateo Carrara – Dario Cataldo 2.33 Both are with the same positions for GC. Carrara is 2:1 in small hills/hilly flat stages. In paper Carrara is better sprinter and if they came by a smaller group he may try his luck.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Day like today I'm calling good one, but it could be better :) Francesco Chicchi vs Danilo Napolitano 1 @ 1,99 5/10 :ok Francisco Ventoso vs Davide Apollonio 1 @ 1,676 3/10 :ok Oscar Gatto vs Fabio Sabatini 1 @ 1,99 8/10 :ok Adam Blythe vs Brett Lancaster 2 @ 2,94 3/10 :ok Elia Favilli vs Danilo Wyss 2 @ 2,09 5/10 :@ Matteo Montaguti vs Fabio Taborre 2 @ 2,2 2/10 :@ Roman Kreuziger vs David Arroyo 1 @ 2,03 4/10 :ok Tabbore lost by only 3 positions, Wyss I thought won, but it was Marcel Wyss on place 84. But generally it is ok: Day: +17.838 Balance: Giro d'Italia: +49,31 (+54,79%) Overall: +152,86 (+20,88%) Tours: +163,69 (+25,30%) Clasic: -10,83 (-12,73%)

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Hi, Here are my thoughts on tomorrow's stage, looks great, short with lots of hills - should be exciting and profile for the explosive type. Looking at the profile and the arrival I believe we could consider this as the shorter version of Liege Bastogne Liege or Lombardia so I'm going for guys who're able to climb a hill, and had decent results in LBL or Lombardia.... * Pinnacle I've taken Loqvist 2.25 vs Kruijswijk 6/10 Pirazzi 1.91 vs Franck. 7/10 Carrara 2.52 vs Cataldo 6/10 Arroyo 2.66 vs Kreuziger 4/10 * Sportingbet Pineau 2.70 vs Visconti 5/10 Pinotti 2.40 vs Hubert 4/10 Tschopp 2.20 vs Seeldrayers 4/10 Hoogerland 2.25 vs Popo 5/10 Anton 1.85 vs Sella 2/10 * Bet 365 Garzelli 2.00 vs Nibali 8/10 Pineau 2.20 vs Hoogerland 6/10 Quite often dragged into it due to the great prize, but I can see value in all of them, especially Kreuziger vs Arroyo and Tschopp - Seeldrayers are like 45/55 bets but prize makes it worth for me. Was close to Nocentini and Bakelants but prize just not good enough. Got quite high hopes of Pineau, I think/hope he'll focus on this stage, for the rest I think we can see the expected guys like Popo, Pirazzi, Bakelants, Millar, Visconti, Tankink possibly in a breakaway, and I think we'll have 20 guys sprinting for it. Not sure if its going to be easy to control the race, so chances for outsiders. Will be exciting with 10 % on less then 200 m before the finish line, only strong riders can win here. Scarponi is big favorite, especially as arrival is in his area, but my tip is Pineau, worth a small bet 26/1

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 12 Clear stage for sprinters with no climbs. Odds Pinnacle Petachi – Cavendish 3.25 (3.60 for those who has Will Hill) I think they have equal chances. Here in the last km they will be in a town with not so big streets, where some turns may cause a problems to Cav with positioning. Until now they have one 1 each in sprinters stages. Very nice odds. Ventoso – Ferrari 2,12 On paper Ventoso is better sprinter then both. Already won a stage here. H2H in the four clear sprinter stages are 2:2, but the positions are very close. 50/50 chances and good odds for them. Diego Ulissi – Marco Pinotti 2.09 Just a quick reference from Pinotti’s twitter hour ago: “I am on antibiotics”. Both are the first lead out mans for Cav and Petacchi. Until now in the two clear mass sprint stages Ulissi finished in better position. Alexander Kristoff – Franchesco Chicchi 2.68 It’s 2:1 for Kristoff until now. Chicchi is better sprinter, but he isn’t in his best form. Gerald Ciolek also is great sprinter and it’s possible today Chichi to get some orders to work for him. Kristoff is BMC best finisher and he is very often in top 10 in such stages.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 what a day :( Vincenzo Nibali vs Stefano Garzelli 2 @ 1.758 5/10 :@ Danilo Di Luca vs Giovanni Visconti 1 @ 2.05 3/10 :@ Eduard Vorganov vs Yaroslav Popovych 2 @ 2.10 8/10 :@ hope today will be 3-0 :D Stage 12 Pinnacle Mark Renshaw vs Danilo Hondo 2 @ 2,69 4/10 Oscar Gatto vs Fabio Sabatini 1 @ 2,03 3/10 Alberto Contador vs Vincenzo Nibali 1 @ 2,22 2/10 Christophe Le Mevel vs Michele Scarponi 1 @ 2,21 9/10 balance I will try improve today evening

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Today it went much better than yesterday, not so perfect, but not bad: Mark Renshaw vs Danilo Hondo 2 @ 2,69 4/10 :@ Oscar Gatto vs Fabio Sabatini 1 @ 2,03 3/10 :@ Alberto Contador vs Vincenzo Nibali 1 @ 2,22 2/10 :ok Christophe Le Mevel vs Michele Scarponi 1 @ 2,21 9/10 :ok Day: +6.33 Balance: Giro d'Italia: +39,64 (+31,97%) Overall: +143,19 (+18,69%) Tours: +154,02 (+22,62%) Clasic: -10,83 (-12,73%)

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 12 Round up 1 out of 4 :( -1,91 pts Giro -2.81 Overall 2011 Overall -53.66 H2H -20.30 Stage 13 The real climbing is starting! David Arroyo – Roman Kreuziger 2.93 Until now both finished in the same group in the big uphill stages. Now it will be tougher. Probably it will be the same, but I give some more credits to Arroyo as a climber. Almost equal chances with big difference in odds. Jesus Hernandez – Primieslav Niemec 2.48 Battle between the best helpers of Contador and Scarponi. Hernandez finished ahead in the tougher stage until now and take some 30 seconds of Niemec. Not sure if Niemec will be able to stay in such mountains, while Hernandez is proven climber himself. Right now Alberto Contador has very nice lead and he will not try to kill the others from the start of each climb, but to wait for their attacks which is far more easy to control and to save his helpers power. Mickel Nieve – Carlos Sastre 2.3 They were in the same group in both finishing stages with Nieve finishing ahead. Sastre showed this season that he has problems with climbing. Probably he will search for some stage win, but as well he must work for Denis Menchov. Nieve is the best helper of Anton, but he still has nice chances to move in Top 15 and why not Top 10. Vasili Kiryenka – Francesco Masciarelli 2,56 Kiryenka finished ahead with several second in the stage, that Contador won. He is showing good form and is in nice position to attack Top 10 or 15 if he would pass well the mointains, cos is very capable TT-ist. Masciarelli must give all he got to Roman Kreuziger and it may cost him a lot in the mountains. Kiryenka also must devote himself to Arroyo. Mathias Frank – Stefano Pirazzi 2.10 Almost equal chances here. Frank showed better climbing qualities in his career – a former Tour of Swiss mountan classification winner. Here it’s 1:1 in mountain stages. BMC don’t have GC contender so they will aim for some stage wins or classifications. Pirazzi must work for Pozzivivo. Lars Bak – Craig Lewis 2.07 Bak is more experienced and already have some nice season. He finished twice in the same group with his teammate in the climbing stages and twice was ahead of him. Also Bak is twice Top 21 finisher at GC at Grand tours which means that he may climb.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Very bad day before yesterday -13.40, but well shit happens. Did very small things today, as I didn't have that much time to analyze things well, but more time for tomorrows stage. First one of an incredible weekend. Final climbs is more tough then Etna, but maybe Contador would like to lose his jersey, so could be a surprise winner here... genre Tschopp, Nieve, Machiarelli, or 25 others For tomorrow my picks Cataldo vs Carrara 2.34 - 6/10 Cataldo very good so far, lost some time on Etna, but probably 'killed' himself trying to close in on Contador. Mentjsov vs Pozzovivo 1.70 - 8/10 Mentjov should be much stronger here, Pozzovivo not in a great form in general. Valls vs Noe 1.80 - 9/10 Young Valls against oldie Noe, still think that Valls has got more power in the legs, but both riders results have not been impressive I must admit. Rodriguez vs Garzelli 1.88 - 6/10 Purito was convincing 2 days ago, and Garzelli didn't manage to stay in the leading group, age might start to have impact and I don't think that Garzelli will follow best guys pace. Anton vs Gadret 1.74 4/10 Anton has been very good to me so far, has got the annoying habit of riding at the back of the group, but he's a top 5 climber, and Gadret slightly less in quality. Nibali vs Scarponi 1.99 5/10 Not convinced by Scarponi, Nibali looks stronger going uphill. Thats basically it for tomorrow

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 13 Pinnacle Joaquim Rodriguez vs Stefano Garzelli 1 1,96 5/10 Christophe Le Mevel vs Konstantin Sivtsov 1 2,46 5/10 Mikel Nieve vs Carlos Sastre 1 2,22 5/10 Jose Serpa vs Hubert Dupont 1 1,79 5/10 Matteo Carrara vs Dario Cataldo 2 2,35 6/10 Daniel Moreno vs Paolo Tiralongo 1 1,99 4/10 Domenico Pozzovivo vs Denis Menchov 1 2,62 10/10 Kevin Seeldraeyers vs Tiago Machado 2 2,62 8/10 many bets today :ok

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Joaquim Rodriguez vs Stefano Garzelli 1 1,96 5/10 :ok Christophe Le Mevel vs Konstantin Sivtsov 1 2,46 5/10 :@ Mikel Nieve vs Carlos Sastre 1 2,22 5/10 :ok Jose Serpa vs Hubert Dupont 1 1,79 5/10 :@ Matteo Carrara vs Dario Cataldo 2 2,35 6/10 :@ Daniel Moreno vs Paolo Tiralongo 1 1,99 4/10 :ok Domenico Pozzovivo vs Denis Menchov 1 2,62 10/10 :@ Kevin Seeldraeyers vs Tiago Machado 2 2,62 8/10 :ok Day: +1.82 Balance: Giro d'Italia: +41,46 (+24,11%) Overall: +145,01 (+17,81%) Tours: +155,84 (+21,38%) Clasic: -10,83 (-12,73%)

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Not been fantastic day, although in running went reasonably well Mentjsov vs Pozzovivo 1.70 - 8/10 - WIN Valls vs Noe 1.80 - 9/10 - LOSS - mug bet!! Rodriguez vs Garzelli 1.88 - 6/10 - WIN Anton vs Gadret 1.74 4/10 - LOSS Nibali vs Scarponi 1.99 5/10 LOSS Cataldo vs Carrara 2.34 - 6/10 LOSS loss of around - 11 deadball. Tomorrow will be a little bit less tough without Monte Crostis, and that's a good thing for guys in a breakaway, as 2 climbs of more then 10 proc are basically deadly for escapees.... still Zoncolan and I think that every top 25 rider will cross finishline seperately, so there will be less tactics involved for 2nd and 3rd spot. But I expect Contador followed by Rujano and then Anton, although I think there's a good chance for A Tschopp scenario. Anton vs Gadret 1.86 - 9/10 Gadret couldn't follow on the steepest parts of climb today. Only finished 3rd due to the passive tactic of Scarponi, Niblali and others.... on Zoncolan Anton should be at least a minute faster. Rodriguez vs Mentjsov 2.14 6/10 Both have same level, Rodriguez lost some time due to his failed attack, but with this prize I'm going with Rodriguez, probably a bit stronger on steep parts. Jan Baekelandts vs Declercq 2.04 7/10 Would have been a gift a couple of days ago, but Bakelants seems a bit tired, still he knows Zoncolan better then Declercq and I expect/hope to see Baekelandts in a breakaway. Both finished very close today (40 and 42) Pinotti vs Stetina 1.81 6/10 Pinotti not been great so far, but last year he had a good result on Zoncolan, and I believe he'll finish in top 20, Stetina probably not able to do that. Tiralongo - Nieve 2.65 5/10 As Tiralongo and Astana are contenders for Team ranking, I think he might be more eager to finish close, both riders of same level, 50/50 bet but worth a go with this prize. Moreno 2.04 vs Sella 3/10 Sella lacking form and I hope to see Moreno in a breakaway. Good luck.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 John Gadret – Igor Anton 2.40 Gadret showed better climbing skills this year then Anton. The Frenchman as well will have a team support by Dupont which will be very important in the heights. Joaquin Rodriguez – Denis Menchov 2.12 Menchov struggled today to stay with the guys on the stepper parts. Rodriguez has a chance to show something here at the stage like this as he is perfect climber for such stages and may benefit well by it. Scarponi – Nibali 2.01 Scarponi showed some best reactions against Contador attacks this year. Last year he also finished ahead of Nibali at this top finish. Scarponi now must fight for second place and I am sure he will ride very differently in order to secure his second place ahead of Nibali. Scarpoi on paper is better on steper hills as the hell of Zokolan David Arroyo – Denis Menchov 2.16 Arroyo will have very nice support from Movistar riders, while Menchov was leaved alone yesterday. Spaniard seems to be in better form. I am pretty sure he may handle well the big mountains

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Yesterday I was late few minutes with my bets :( for today: Stage 15 Pinnacle Hubert Dupont vs Mikel Nieve 2 @ 2,35 9/10 Prezemyslav Niemiec vs Paolo Tiralongo 2 @ 2,71 6/10 Matteo Carrara vs Vasili Kiryienka 2 @ 1,82 9/10 Diego Ulissi vs Marcel Wyss 1 @ 2,5 4/10 Stefano Pirazzi vs Cayetano Sarmiento 1 @ 2,21 2/10

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 The Giro seems to be a big crash for me until now :) 0:4 yesterday Giro -7.95 Overall 2011 Overall -58.80 H2H -25.44 Today another mountain stage. Odds Pinnacle Rodriguez - Rujano 3.08 Today climbs aren't so step to allow Rujano some attacks. He already won and seems Katusha rider wants to win also, but it's tough to get out of Contador and company. If he rides smartly and make some late attack, he for sure will be ahead of Rujano Scarponi - Nibali 2.55 Much better odds then yesterday. Once again Scarponi tryed to make something to strike Contador, but right now he must see that his chances for overall win are equal to zero and probably will concentrate to Top 3 performance. Both probably will finish in the same group, but i am giving edge to Scarponi. Gadret - Menchov 2.30 Menchov showed that he may follow very well and in the two mountain stages he did it well. Gadret must keep his GC classification and Menchov is one of the big rivales. As yeasterday Gardet and Dupont may help each other, while Menchov will be alone. Steven Krujswiik - Konstantin Svitsov 2.46 The Rabo rider amaze me in the first mountain stage, he came back very strongly, while Svitsov was left behind. Now probably they will ride in the same group once again, but i think all the efforts from Svitsov yeasterday may cause problems for him today. Tiago Machado - Peter Steina 2.38 Machado is very good climber, but don't like so step finishes like Tormalet. On paper he is far more better climber then Steina and deservs a bet against Garmin rider.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Checked profile time trial, not as difficult as last year, but still a though climb. still in the end the natural climbers should still be the ones going for win: so I expect Contador, Scarponi, Nibali, Anton, Rujano, Gadret, Rodriguez in top 7. The up and down start won't have a massive impact I think. Took a fun bet for Anton to win 34/1. Probably not steep enough to win and up and down start not good for him, but not totally impossible to see him win here. My picks Contador vs Field 1.83 - Conta will be even more motivated to win after Tondo ... took quite a bit on that. Anton 5/1 - top 3 Scarponi 2.5/1 - top 3 Rodriguez 8/1 - top 3 Garzelli 2.35 vs Mentsjov - Garzelli won it last year, he's lost some form but I still expect him in top 10 here. Scarponi 2.00 vs Mentjsov - Scarponi looked good on Sat and Sunday, not a climb for Mentjov, as it goes from 3 % to 12 % then flat and then 6 % again. Kruijswijk 3.18 vs Kreuziger - Kruijswijk looking fresher, and is a decent time trialist. Rodriguez 1.85 vs Arroyo Millar 2.25 vs Konavaulovas - bit of a gamble as I believe that both riders will take it easy, but Millar probably still a bit better going uphill and for me its worth a go with current prize. Porte 1.70 vs Cioni - Porte best time trialist of Contador team, so expect him to give it all as a test for Conta. Cioni has nothing to ride for. Gretsch 1.65 vs Cameron Meyer - just a fun bet here. Meyer is pretty shit in Giro/mountains.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Emmanuelle Sella E/W 251 1/5 1-2-3 [William Hill] Situationally I feel a lesser climber might win this. Contador will win if he really wants to, no question, but he doesn't need to destroy himself today to put time into his rivals. Last year Garzelli won this stage when he was well out of the GC, at a time when Basso and Evans really had it all to play for. Coming off the rest day too, it's quite possible that a climber well down on the GC will give everything he has into trying to win today's stage, knowing he doesn't need to save energy for the ensuing days. This situation is one which Sella would thrive. He was 2nd in this version of an ITT back in the 2008 Giro, is a very strong climber, having won 4 Giro stages previously. He has also been a bit quiet and today he can really give it everything.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 3:2 Stage: +2.31 Giro -5.64 Overall 2011 Overall -56.49 H2H -23.13 The field - Contador 2.40 In 2008 when Alberto Contador won the Giro for the first time, he finished in forth place in the mountain TT. Now it’s the same situation, he has very smooth advantage over main rivals and probably will not be on 100% here. Chance for the others. Stefano Garzelli – Dennis Menchov 2.54 Stefano won the mountain TT last year with very strong advantage over the others. It’s once again a chance for him to show something in the Giro, because until now he isn’t completing his tasks. Menchov would be very good TT-ist in his best but as well may finish behind. Scarponi – Nibali 2.15 One more episode between those two. Nibali showed that he has some problems in the heights. Now Scarponi becomes better and better. Nibali was ahead with 6 second last year in the mountain TT, but now Scarponi must dig strongly to get some very nice seconds. I think he is the favorit to take the stage.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 One more, perhaps based somewhat on the very sad news about Tondo's passing. Anyone else thought it sounded suspicious? Branislau Samoilau 201 (E/W 1/4 1-2-3) Sportsbet Samoilau came 4th on a Mountain TT in the 2008 edition of the Tour of Murcia, just 9s off winner Valverde. Garzelli and Contador were 2nd and 3rd. Samoilau isn't a GC contender so it's possible he could put everything into today's stage in a bid to get a win (the overall favourites might keep a little something for the future days). Also, Samoilau is a rider for Movistar, who lost one of their leaders in Xavier Tondo yesterday in what was a very bizarre and tragic accident. Of all the riders from all teams likely to give everything they have today, I think it is the Movistar riders who will look to give the most.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Further bets Nibali 1.90 vs Mentjsov Gadret 2.05 vs Rujano Cataldo 2.03 vs Siutsou Carrara 2.40 vs Tschopp - Carrara had a poor weekend, but a bet with this prize, both will finishing between 20 and 30 I guess. Not really believing in Samoilau, hasn't shown a single thing so far, and I don't expect him to finish in top 10

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Garzelli last year hadn't shown much before winning the ITT at odds around the 200 mark. You'd never take Samoilau in a H2H bet but mountain ITTs in the Giro often play against expectations and he's simply one who ticked some boxes that I look for in picking such a winner. Also took Kiriyenka late on (currenly IP @ 90). Showed some good climbing a couple of stages to finish in one of the main groups and is a very strong time trialist.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Next Stage, odds Pinnacle Will be another climbing one with not so killing hills, but still demanding enough John Gadret - Jose Rujano 2.23 The big mountains, where Rujano has the edge thanks to his great climbing skills are over. Gadret shows that he may attack as well as sprint. Rujano is far away from even a modest sprinter. I expect both to pass in the same group hills today. Hubert Dupont - Mikel Nieve 2.13 Dupont probably once again will try an attack with Gadret. He is capable to do something. Nieve lost a lot in the TT and probably will suffer from this fact pchycologicaly. Both finished very closely each other in common stages. Roman Kreuziger - Alberto Contador 2.51 Contador will try to stay safe on the downhill. Kreuziger is always try to outsprint other rivals in a group, when they finishing together. Pretty sure will do the same here, while Contador will be fine just to finish in the same group with the other GC contenders. Emanuelle Sella - Stefano Garzeli 3.01 Garzelli went all out in the TT and he was so excauted at the end. Sella still do not impress here and have a chance in the such stage to make something. Very good odds for him. Massimo Codol - Vladimir Mihojlevic 2.48 They finished very close in the hilly stages with in both occasions the edge was to Codol. They are teammates standing each other in GC. 50-50 chances with far better odds for Codol. Kasper Klostergaard - Mateo Tosatto 2.66 They will have problems here and for sure will finish behind. In the two hilly stages they shared one win each on H2H finishing in the same group. 50-50 chances.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 For today: Stefano Pirazzi @ 51 Bet365 This could quite possibly be the last stage where a break will succeed and I'm banking on Pirazzi looking to be in the break. He is a highly aggressive rider who has a pretty good acceleration and I feel he will offer a good sight at odds. Philip Deignan @ 81 Sportsbet Deignan has been fairly quite so far but I feel today he might change that. The break is likely to win today and all teams will look to get their man in the break. Popovych has been the most aggressive of Radioshack's riders but I feel the 6km flat finish might better suit Deignan, who I believe has a stronger sprint finish than his Ukranian team-mate. He is also twice the odds. Cameron Mayer @ 100 Betfair Mayer has said he will look to be in the breakaway for this stage and I think it could suit him. There is only one real climb and the final 6km or so is all flat. This represents a great launching pad for the young Aussie who is a very good time trialist. I can see him haring down the descent and then using his power to stay away until the end.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 18 a lot of interesting propositions today. Still hope to turn the Giro's upside down in my stats :) Hubert Dupont - Michele Nieve 2.18 Dupont is far more agresive then Nieve. He is capable also to sprint well, while Nieve prefers to finish with the last in the group. Contador - Nibali 2.25 Both finished one after other yesterday with small edge for Nibaly. I am pretty sure today will be the same. Contador will mark Nibali on the descend. 50-50 chances. Josep Jufre - Evgeny Petrov 2.11 Very common stage like yesterday, when Jufre was in favorites group, while Petrov was behind. Petrov has some problems this year at the Giro. He isn't so active as usual. Peter Stetina - Marco Pinotti 2.29 Stetina was ahead of Pinotti yesterday. They finished in the same group. After Le Mevel faillure to impress in GC Stetina will have more free role, while Pinotti is obligated to look after Sivtsov. Massimo Codol - Vladimir Miholjevic 2.65 Just two places separetes them yesterday. Today will be the same and the coin flip probably will decide who will be ahead. Superb odds. Lars Nordhaug - Lars Bak 2.24 Both are capable to enter into the breakway. Still Bak has some duties to his team, while Nordhaug's Sky don't have a representative in GC battle. Nice odds for Nordhaug. Vincenzo Nibali - Michele Scarponi 2.16 Nibali must attack for some seconds. He is better descender and may pose a serious threat to Scarponi if he gets some advantage on the climb.