Cycling 2011

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Romandie One more bet here: Kevin Seeldraeyers - Oliver Zaugg Both meth in Vuelta a Catalonya month ago. In all the stages there Seeldraeyers was ahead of his opponent. Seeldraeyers build himself for Giro where he expected to be Quick Step GC contender. This means that he will try to stay with the front guys. Zaugg participated 7 times at Tour of Romandie, but his best is 26-th place in GC. He was only 4 times in Top 20 in Stages, while participate in 40 stages at all. Seeldrayers don't have some good results as well, but he seems is in better form this season, which may reflect on this climbing stage.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Romandie

One more bet here: Kevin Seeldraeyers - Oliver Zaugg 2.46 Both meth in Vuelta a Catalonya month ago. In all the stages there Seeldraeyers was ahead of his opponent. Seeldraeyers build himself for Giro where he expected to be Quick Step GC contender. This means that he will try to stay with the front guys. Zaugg participated 7 times at Tour of Romandie, but his best is 26-th place in GC. He was only 4 times in Top 20 in Stages, while participate in 40 stages at all. Seeldrayers don't have some good results as well, but he seems is in better form this season, which may reflect on this climbing stage.
Odds are 2.46

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Romandie Tour de Romandie, Stage 2 Common to Stage 1 with a lot of uphills and tough day at all Cadel Evans – Damiano Cunego 2.34 Cunego was faster in previous stage. Lampre put very strong team here and will have a lot of hands to play in the next stages. Spilak Cunego and Kvachuk has nice chances for GC. Entire BMC team work here for Evans. He probably will attack in Stage 2. Cadel was one of the less guys in the prologue who was fighting for every second with the team car behind him. He will miss the Giro as well as Cunego, but here he has a chance to get some nice result. I expect from Cadel to attack tomorrow in the hilly stage. Lampre probably will threw everything in order to cut Pavel Brut’s lead, so Cadel will have a chance to make nice counter. Janez Brajkovic – Oliver Zaugg 2.19 Brajkovic is without doubt better climber and stage racer thеn Zaugg. Jani finished in the group of Zaugg. Leopard had two guys still in contention for GC, but if they managed to keep with other guys? Not so sure. Radio Shack were very active yesterday. Pieter Weening – Chris Froome 2.14 Weening is showing great improving in his overall results at Stage races since last year. Here he also has a chance to make Top 15 in overall classification. Peter will participate in Giro so every effort here may contribute to his preparations. Froome wasn’t put on the counts for GC as the team has guys like Cioni and Wiggins. I am not sure if he will be able to ride second day in a row like this.

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Romandie Stage 2 round up: 2:1, only Evans second to Cunego, others won H2H/Overall +1.33 Tour of Romandy H2H/Overall +0.19 2011 2011 Overall -50.31 H2H -16.95 Today no value bets. Freire against Swift was ok yesterday evening at 2.20. Didn't take it and now dropped to 1,94.

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Romandie TT Stage Mikhail Ignatiev – Artem Ovechkin 2.15 Ignatiev was second in Rusian TT championship, while Ovechkin was second. In the prologue Ignatiev was ahead of Oveckin and he has better results against the clock at all. Taylor Phiney - Jonathan Castroviejo 2.16 Phinney was second to Castroviejko in the opening prologue. It was very tricky and short race that was decided by less then a second. Tylor knows that here he has a chance to prove that he is very good. Castroviejo is also capable guy, but not sure if he posses the abilities to beat world junior champ in longer distance. Franitisek Rabon – Jack Bobridge 2.32 Rabon is proven TT-ist. Won the prologue two years ago and also the Team TT. He scored some nice results in TT stages in Giro. This is his speciality and he will aim some better results. Bobridge’s best result so far was second in Australian championships, but it was very weak race lacking the best Australia time trial racers. Bobridge spend a lot himself in previous stages, while Rabon must be fresher. Linus Gerdemann – Jean-Christoph Peraud 2,77 On paper Peraud has better results in TT this season, but all of them were accomplished in France, when AG2R leader was in contention for GC. Here Peraud is 3,30 minutes behind and is far away from Top 15 battle. On the other hand Gerdemann is close to the top and with good TT he may enter into Top 15. Linus is always doing nice TT in Grand Tours with few Top 30 entries.

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Romandie Only Linus scored, Phinney crashed in a wall. From the overall H2H it's 2:2 Talansky and Benat scored. Couldn't post my today's selection. Stage 4H2H -1.23 Overall H2H +0.69 Tour of Romandy H2H/Overall -0.35 2011 2011 Overall -50.85 H2H -17.49

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Giro 2011 preview It’s time for the first real test. As you may see my numbers, right now I am in bad form, specially first part of the season. Now I am targeting +15 points at Tour of Italy and will only play H2H by 1 pt Each. This is my goal. There is a chance that I miss some of the first stages, because will not be in Sofia in the first week of the Giro. Here are some interesting notes for different Classifications. GC contenders We have very very tough mountain climbing this year and also three time trails (one of them is Team time trail). The winner must be a proven high mountain climber and must have very good team in his back to win it. On the first place is Alberto Contador. He brought here two of his faithful lieutenants – Jesus Hernandez and Daniel Navaro. Along with Richie Porte they will be strong support in the mountains. Contador showed good form this season. His problems may come because of the investigation running right now and the CAS process that probably will have a decision in the end of June. But we all see right now how much info for doping investigations are showed in the press (One with Balan for sure damaged a lot BMC team). It’s possible that some of Italian medias will try to put some press attacks on Alberto during the very tough tour. He is probably one of the best mountain climbers along with Joaquin Rodriguez and Michele Scarponi. His time trail is superb as well and have one of the Top 3 Team time trails team to back up him in the first stage. Very strong chances, but may be strongly influenced from doping investigations. Michele Scarponi Showed also very nice form earlier in the season. Proven climber, who finished forth last year with weaker team (lost 2.20 in the TTT, whilie finished at the end with 2.50 from the winner). Now he will have Simon Spilak as support and Primislaw Niemec in the mountains. I see him as the best selection for value from the favorites with 8.00 Others Menchov has very strong team of climbers behind him. But this season he is far from well known form. Geox needs to show something here if they want to fight for Pro tour license. Vinchenco Nibali is in modest form and already is punted as the best Italian cyclist. The winner of last Vuelta has big chances, but I am not sure if he will be able to handle the tough mountain stages against superior climbers as Contador, Scarponi, Garzieli, Geox guys and Rodriguez. Outsiders Tiago Machado at 126 ({Paddy Power) is beauty for E/W bet. He is very constant rider, good climber and TT-ist. The problem is that Radioshack will use his entire heavy artillery for their home competition Tour of California and here they send their three best sprinters who probably will battle for points jersey to Robbie McEwen. Sprinters Clash between the best three sprinters – Cav, Farrar and Petachi. Cav is in not so good form this year. Failled to accomplish earlier targets and I think here he also may suffer. Farrar is in better position. He scored some wins, managed to get good km-s in the classics and warm up well with Tour of Turkey. From the three I think Petachi is in the best shape, despite the fact that he has some breathing problems few weeks ago. I think two other guys probably may scored some nice wins and even to fight for the point jersey – Robbie McEwen and Gerald Ciolek. Australian showed nice placings earlier the season and concentrate himself to Giro. He will have very strong support in the sprints by Robbie Hunter and Manuel Cardoso. Quickstep is coming with Chichi and Ciolek as main sprinters, but I think Ciolek is better from the two. King of Mountain Last year we saw surprise winner and now probably will be the same. I suppose some of the good climbers who will lose some time at the first stages for GC will aim to attack the mountain points. One of them is Christoph Le Mevel (101). The Frenchman is proven climber, but he can’t be among the best for the GC. Geox guys all of them, except Menchov are qualified for the same. Watch out for Astana’s Robert Kierselovski (101). He loves breaks and for sure may be ahead to join in the latter part of stages his leader Roman Kreuziger. Will enjoy to read some other interesting thoughts for the Giro in order to help each other

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 H2H Stage 1 The Field - HTC 2.20 This time the teams will be allowed to test the very technical field just on the morning – not before that. One of the best forces of HTC against the others was the good planning. Other think that will not benefit HTC is that the team is lacking some of the pure TT-ist, who would make the difference as Tony Martin, Bert Grabsch. Yes, they have Pinotti now, but the others are not so good, Rabon out of form, Rasmussen didn’t show noting this season…. Good odds for the field. Saxo Bank – Garmin 2.43 Saxo has three of the best TT-ist in the field with Contador, Porte and Michael Morkov. They will aim for some very good result to put Alberto earlier in good positions. Contador has won TTT in 2009 with Astana Both teams clashed in Tirreno-Adriatico TT and the difference was just 2 second for Garmin. The Garmin team was with Roger Hammond and David Zabriski, who are now missing, while Saxo where without Contador and Porte… Rabobank – Liquigas 2.11 Rabo won the TTT in Tirreno-Adriatico with very different team then current. The entire squad is in great form. Here we have 4-5 guys, who are very good against the clock, while from Liquigas it’s only Nibali and Vanotti. From the last year team of Liquigas that won TTT they are missing the best TT-ist as Basso, Bodnar and Kierselovski. Also here Rabo team will aim for the TT stages, because the team isn’t so strong for the sprint or mountain finishes. Team Sky – Movistar 2.09 Sky beats Movistar in TTT in Tirreno-Adriatico and as well at last year’s Giro’s TTT. Sky is very strong TTT team and they won the TTT in Tour of Qatar last year. Movistar’s team is full of climbers and probably will suffer here. Colnago – Euscatel 2.25 Colnago is Italian team, who finished on 15-th place last year at the TTT with almost the same team. The finished on 15th spot. Euscatel is one of the worst TTT teams. They were on the last place at Tirreno, despite the fact that for them rode Castroviejo, who is now out of the team. In 2008 Giro’s TTT stage Colnago finished just ahead of Euscatel team. Euscatel is sending only Igor Anton and Michel Nieve as strong riders, others are some of “B” players from the basque squad. I expected the team to finish in last or second last place.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 H2H Overall Scarponi – Nibaly 2.10 Last year Scarponi lost a lot from the TTT and he finished just a place behind Nibali in GC. Now he is in far better team and showed very good results at the first part of the season. Nibali won the Vuelta, but here he don’t have such a good team. He will miss a lot of climbing help in the high mountains. Already Scarponi finished ahead of Nibali at Tirreno-Adriatico this season. Danilo di Luca – Carlos Sastre 2.36 Both are in awuful form this season. The big plus of Di Luca is his achievements in Giro. He knows very well how to rode the Giro and he knows as well his capacity right now. Sastre also must be in favor of Menchov as well Di Luca will serve to Joaquin Rodriguez. I am very much in doubt if the both will finish the competition, but think Di Luca may last until the end. Emanuelle Sella – Jose Rujano 2.18 Both team mates were King of the mountains. Rujano’s career didn’t went as expected and he don’t’ have some nice results recently. Sella is more experience in the Giro with far better results overall. Also he showed some nice placing this year, while Rujano is struggling to find his competition. Mikel Nieve – Fransisco Masciarelli 2.35 Nieve finished 12-th last year in Vuelta. He is proven climber. Masciarelli has a 17-th place in Giro and one DNF. Nieve and Anton will be GC guys for Euscatel and they for sure knows how to climb big mountains. Not so sure for Masciarelli, who also must serve to Kreuziger. Branislav Samoliau – Sergio Pardilla 2.87 It will be first GT for Pardilla. Samoliau showed some good form in Tour of Romandie and made his perfect preparations for here. Branislav twice finished Giro in Top 40 at GC from 2 tryes. Good odds for him. Jan Bakelands – Dario Cataldo 2.33 Bakelands finished on 36-th spot in his first Giro. He will be the leader of not so strong Omega team, but the guys will work for him. Cataldo probably will suffer in high mountains. He didn’t finish twice from three starts here. And his only finish was 59 place. Cyril Dessel – Fabio Taborre Dessel is former 7-th placer in GC at Tour de France. He is good climber and probably will pass the tough mountains. Not so sure for Taborer, who will participate in his first Grand Tour and he never showed some results at multi stage competitions. Tomorrow will post some more

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Tks Ogii, very useful. And not that easy to find useful comments about cycling. I've only registered now and I hope to keep on posting my insights on cycling on a daily basis. First of all I don't think we'll see more then 4 sprints in this Giro. Therefore Cav U 2.5 victories seems like a gift, although prize seems to be gone right now. Personally I found it worth betting on Richie Porte, Seeldrayers, and Sastre in top 10. Porte is a bit tricky as the over amount of mountains might kill him, still he's also working for Contador so I expect/hope him to hold on as far as possible .... I don't think there will be more then 20 riders to finish in same hour then winner. It's going to be a brutal Giro. Not entirely sure what to think of Scarponi, and no one would be shocked if he'd get kicked out of the race because of a new dope scandal. Some of the things he's shown this season(Milan San Remo) were mind blowing, but well... if he can keep on performing like this he's surely a contender here I agree. Same with Di Luca. Since he came back I believe he's riding clean, still his results are simply not there. I don't take his previous results really in consideration as he was clearly doped then, and I really think he's a different but clean rider. I don't expect him to finish in top 10, and I find Carlos a more reliable rider who finished 8th Giro -20th Tour and 8Th Vuelta despite his age. He went to check most the mountains himself so I think he's well prepared for the race. I agree with the Sella bet, there's value there. Same with Baekelandts, and Mikel Nieve. Personally I do like Anton vs Nibali and Kreuziger vs Rodriguez. I have quite high hopes of Anton and Kreuziger and I believe they'll both finish top 5. Anton has shown a decent form in Huy (5th) and Liege and I believe he's a guarantuee to win at least one stage. Rodriguez often has a bad day in the office, and in this Giro that could cost him 20 mins in one stage. I quite like Seeldrayers in this race, he hasn't show a thing last year, without real injuries. But its known in Belgium that he's sometimes not the most professional guy ever. He seemed to have learned his lesson and claim in Flemish press his goal is a top 10 finish. Seeldrayers 2.00 vs Kruijswijk is a bet for me. I also have a fun bet on Popo 33/1 to finish in top 10. I know he hasn't shown anything in last 3 seasons, but he's surely got the potential and I still expect him to be the second man at Radioshack behind Machado. But I'm the first one to admit that this is a brave bet. More to come later.... hope we can share our thoughts during this Giro, surely going to be an exciting race.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Hi Mat, Nice to joining the forum. Agree with Popo, the bet has nice value. If he has a day, he may climb with the best guys. Kreuziger i think is overrated and will have huge problems in the mountains. Prefer Kiserlovski from Astana team, but he crashed very badly at the start of the season. Not sure if he is recovered. Sastre is finished as a rider. His last two seasons were nightmare to him. Probably he still may find results in smaller tours, but at GT - not quite sure. Three more bets for H2H GC Carlos Ochoa – Alberto Losada 2.15 Ochoa was 52nd last year in GC, while Losada was 53-rd. This season Ochoa scored some placings, while Losada don’t have noting after last year Giro. Equal forces with some better odds for Ochoa. Evgeny Petrov – Vladimir Miholjevic 2.63 Petrov is better climber from both. He won a stage last year in Giro and has a seventh place in GC in 2007. Miholjevic may climb as well, but his main goal will be to help Garzelli. Tiago Machado – Domenico Pozzovivo 2.31 Machado could be the big surprise in this year Giro. He is very good climber, modest TT-er. Pozzovivo failed to finish last year. Tiago has better team behind him.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 2 H2H Odds: Pinnaclesports We will have probably mass sprint finish Oscar Gatto – Borus Bozic 2.32 Gatto showed better form since the start of the season with some nice Top 10 placings mainly in competitions in Italy. He scored 7 times Top 10 in Giro in sprinter stage. Bozic has some problems this season and still can’t show his capacity. Garzeli – Contador 2.72 Italian always showed good placings in the first sprint stages in Giro. He is kind of front going during mass bunch sprints. It’s almost the same for Contador. Here the chances are 50/50, but the odds are in great favour of Garzeli.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Hello again mates I was really busy last time, I move to new flat than I didn't have internet here and crazy days at work, so can't focus on betting. Now finally I have bought mobile internet and hope to find some spare time every evening for Giro :) At the begining balance from my last bets: Flèche Wallonne Alberto Contador vs Andy Schleck 1 @ 1,58 3/10 :ok Ivan Basso vs Robert Gesink 1 @ 2,94 4/10 :@ Samuel Sanchez vs Danilo Di Luca 2 @ 2,69 7/10 :@ Chris Horner vs Damiano Cunego 2 @ 1,99 2/10- cancelled Chris Anker Sorensen vs Nick Sorensen 2 @ 2,23 4/10 :@ Michael Albasini vs Bert De Waele 2 @ 2,26 4/10 :@ Vasil Kiryienka vs Remi De Gregorio 1 @ 2,09 4/10 :@ Luis Leon Sanchez vs Carlos Barredo 1 @ 1,79 4/10 - cancelled Johnny Hoogerland vs Alexandre Vinokourov 2 @ 2,14 6/10 :ok So really poor: Flèche Wallonne: -14.42 (-45.06%) Balance: Overall: +103,55 (+16,13%) Tours: +114,38 (+20,54%) Clasic: -10,83 (-12,73%)

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 In this sad circumstances 2 bet for today's stage. But I don't know if it isn't pointless now to bet this year in Giro. Giro d'Italia Stage 5 - Best Finishing Position Danilo Di Luca vs Daniel Moreno 1 @ 2,22 7/10 Domenico Pozzovivo vs Igor Anton 2 @ 1,65 3/10

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Danilo Di Luca vs Daniel Moreno 1 @ 2,22 7/10 :ok Domenico Pozzovivo vs Igor Anton 2 @ 1,65 3/10 :ok +10.49 So it was good start. We will see today... Roman Kreuziger vs Alberto Contador 1 @ 2,71 9/10 Marco Pinotti vs Thomas Lovkvist 1 @ 2,1 2/10 Pieter Weening vs Steven Kruijswijk 2 @ 2,61 4/10 Domenico Pozzovivo vs Igor Anton 1 @ 2,5 6/10 Pablo Lastras vs Vasili Kiryienka 2 @ 2,42 5/10 Matteo Montaguti vs Angel Vicioso 2 @ 1,66 5/10 balance I will try make at evening

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Lol, today really good results and nice profit: Roman Kreuziger vs Alberto Contador 1 @ 2,71 9/10 :ok Marco Pinotti vs Thomas Lovkvist 1 @ 2,1 2/10 :ok Pieter Weening vs Steven Kruijswijk 2 @ 2,61 4/10 :ok Domenico Pozzovivo vs Igor Anton 1 @ 2,5 6/10 :@ Pablo Lastras vs Vasili Kiryienka 2 @ 2,42 5/10 :ok Matteo Montaguti vs Angel Vicioso 2 @ 1,66 5/10 :ok Day: +28.43 Balance: Giro d'Italia: +38,92 (+94,93%) Overall: +142,47 (+20,86%) Tours: +153,30 (+25,64%) Clasic: -10,83 (-12,73%)

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Giro d'Italia Stage 7 - Best Finishing Position Pinnacle Steven Kruijswijk vs Thomas Lövkvist 2 @ 1,667 2/10 Matteo Carrara vs Dario Cataldo 2 1,926 @ 2/10 Paolo Tiralongo vs Daniel Moreno 2 @ 1,926 4/10 Johann Tschopp vs Hubert Dupont 1 @ 2,33 3/10 Mikel Nieve vs Francesco Masciarelli 1 @ 2,05 8/10 :notworthy

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Resutl of srahe 7th: Steven Kruijswijk vs Thomas Lövkvist 2 @ 1,667 2/10 :@ Matteo Carrara vs Dario Cataldo 2 1,926 @ 2/10 :ok Paolo Tiralongo vs Daniel Moreno 2 @ 1,926 4/10 :ok Johann Tschopp vs Hubert Dupont 1 @ 2,33 3/10 :@ Mikel Nieve vs Francesco Masciarelli 1 @ 2,05 8/10 :@ Giro d'Italia: +31,48 (+52,46%) Overall: +135,03 (+19,23%)

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Very nice results this year Klopsikus. What bookie are you using? Pinnacle? Going to play tonight: Stafano Pirazzi @ 50 Betfair Pirazzi has been hyper aggressive in 2 of the last 3 stages and clearly has some ability up the mountain. Tonight is a long climb to the finish but not overly steep, and if the Favourites insist on watching each other and conserving energy for the tougher mountains ahead, then this aggressive rider is just the man to do what De Clerq did the other day and win off the front. Johan Tschopp @ 160 Betfair Tschopp is one of those 2nd tier climbers who could take advantage today if the favourites don't compete for the win. His team has looked to attack throughout this year's Giro and I would look for that trend to continue with the Swiss rider tonight. Rafael Valls Ferri @ 110 Betfair Geox have a lot of cards to play tonight and I expect they'll try and send a couple of guys in a mountain break. Valls Ferri really showed he has some good climbing legs in the Tour last year and is just the type of rider who could win should the favourites not challenge for stage honours. With many tough stages ahead I am not convinced the favourites are going to try and take this stage win. Presumably Weening wont be in pink so whoever wins might have to take over leadership of this race. For the Italians that may be an incentive but tactically unwise IMO. Regardless, the last 2km is actually pretty flat so if the favourites do compete for the stage then Scarponi clearly has the best kick and I've taken him for insurance.

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 10, odds Pinny Petacchi – Cav 2.21 Petacchi was superiour to Cav in all stages. We have some uphill sprint in last 200 meters and also some small uprising before that. Better chances for Italian. Franchesco Chicchi – Danilio Napolitano 2.09 Chicchi is far better sprinter then Napolitano. In such flat stages he must have some advantage. Franchesco also beat his Italian rival in the only clear sprint stage until now Brett Lancaster – Adam Blythe 2.94 Both out of form and with some +150 places. Blythe made some good sprints in Giro, but here he is out of some promise. Even in second stage he has problems and was out of finishing group. Very good odds for 50/50 chances. Murilo Fischer – Manuel Cardoso 2.26 Fischer is the main sprinter of Garmin after Tyler Farrar’s withdrawn. He probably will try to make his day here. Cardoso is capable one and also will be in the bunch, but the chances here are from Brazilian. 2.26 Russel Downing – Robert Hunter 2.40 Both must work for their team boses. Downing always finished ahead of Hunter in the two flat or light hilly stages. Sweet odds Nibali – Contador 2.22 Both will finish with the same group. In the second stage Nibali was few places ahead of Alberto. Good odds for 50/50 chances. Scarponi – Le Mevel 2.06 Scarponalways is fighting for some second. The finish with some uphill may benefit him. He finished twice ahead of Le Mevel in Sprint stages, but it was just one place up. Cool odds

Re: Cycling 2011/Giro D'Italia 2011 Stage 10 Pinnacle Francesco Chicchi vs Danilo Napolitano 1 @ 1,99 5/10 Francisco Ventoso vs Davide Apollonio 1 @ 1,676 3/10 Oscar Gatto vs Fabio Sabatini 1 @ 1,99 8/10 Adam Blythe vs Brett Lancaster 2 @ 2,94 3/10 Elia Favilli vs Danilo Wyss 2 @ 2,09 5/10 Matteo Montaguti vs Fabio Taborre 2 @ 2,2 2/10 Roman Kreuziger vs David Arroyo 1 @ 2,03 4/10