** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cycling 2011

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Oman/Volta ao Algarve Thomas Vaitkus - Domenique Rollin 2.46 2:1 for Vaitkus here. Rollin is better sprinter, but seems his form from Tour of Qatar wasn’t kept. Vaitkus may sprint with the best and has few Top 10 placings in Grand tours. Good odds Tom Boonen - Oscar Gatto 2.10 Boonen totally disappointed here. Far away from the sprinting bunch. Now he has a chance to prove himself. Gatto is noting so special, but scored two sixth places here. That’s why the odds are so high. Alex Rasmusen - Wouter Weylandt 2.020 3:0 for Rasmusen in Tour of Oman. Both are workers for his team, but stats are in the side of Alex. Winner Daniele Benatti 10.00 bet365 Daniele sprints very well here and in Qatar, but just failed to score a stage win. Very big odds for a guy, who is in top form! Rabo scored so much wins here and I think Bos will not surge another classy first place. Cav is the danger, cos he is also empty handed

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Oman/Volta ao Algarve And final results: Stage 6: Nacer Bouhanni vs Mirco Lorenzetto 1 @ 2.00 4/10 +4 Christopher Sutton vs Gert Steegmans 1 @ 1,71 5/10 -5 (pos 67-57) Tom Boonen vs Oscar Gatto 1 @ 2.00 7/10 +7 And bets for general classification: Konstantin Siutsou vs Andriy Grivko 1 @ 1.637 2/10 - DNS Edvald Boasson Hagen vs Lars Boom 1 @ 1.581 4/10 +2.324 Taylor Phinney vs Fabian Cancellara 2 @ 1.565 3/10 +1.695 Tours de Oman: +48,24 Staked: 87 Return: 135.241 Yield: + 55,45% Overall: 45,96 Staked: 110 Return: 155.96 Yield: +41,78% See You next tours... :nana

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Oman/Volta ao Algarve Head to Head at Tour of Qatar are 2/3 with Boonen and Vaitkus scored. Also 1 H2H win in overal fuglsang over Blanco Tour of Oman Overall +1.08 H2H +6.24 Volta ao Algarve Overall -6 H2H 0 Overall 2011 Overall -32.28 H2H -2.84

Re: Cycling 2011/Tour of Oman/Volta ao Algarve

Hey ogii hope ya didn't lose too much on that Spartacus bet... Sorry I didn't post any stage plays it's just I'm in holidays at the moment... Congrats to everyone who had a positive tour...
Yeah, i lost some some bugs and didn't become as rich as i expected :) We are continuing with the next big race. It's time for Spring classics to begin. First of them is Omloop Het Nieuwsblad in Belgium. Very tough race with a lot of hills and cobblestones. In the final 30 km there are 4 sections with cobblestones. We have some very nice competitors here as former winners Thor Hushovd, Flecha, Philipe Gilbert (twice) and Filipo Pozato. Those are in fact main competitors, including also top form Edvald Boasson Hagen and Tom Boonen. Boonen showed that he still needs build up by his big targets as Tour of Flanders and Paris-Robaix. Flecha won it last year with weaker field that allows him to break away. Now they will stay for sure tuned for such actions by Flecha. Thor Huschovd 21.00 bet365 1 pt. Win The big Norwegian said that his main target this year are Spring classics (with bigger one Paris-Roubaix) and world championships double. Thor showed some good form in the last Stage of Tour of Oman, when he finished sixth. I am sure he will be among the front group, because in last two years he developed very well in such terrains. The odds are huge for him. When he won the race in 2009 among the starters were Flecha, Boonen, Gilbert, Hausler, Burghart, Van Avermaet, Voekler... Philip Gilbert 8.00 Unibet 1 pts W Twice winner here and also he had other very good placings in other Belgium's one day races as Tour of Flanders. Showed promising form earlier, when he won a stage at the strong Vuelta ao Algarve. He knows that it will be tough to outspring Edvald Boason Hagen ot Huschovd and will try for sure a break way. He is better sprinter then Pozato and Flecha. I think Thor would resist to such attacks and may follow him, but not so sure for Boason Hagen.

Re: Cycling 2011/Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Another bet for Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Leif Hoste Top 3 Unibet 20.00 Hoste and Pozatto are great team for Spring classics and will gave Katusha big chances to score here or there. The Belgian is very good on cobblestones and finished few times on second place as Tour of Flanders. This is the first competition of Spring one day classics and it's possible that most of the favorits probably may save their forces for more prestigious starts as Paris Robaix or Tour of Flanders. So it gives a chance to veteran to score something. Very nice odds for one of the best cobblestones cyclist in the world. Last two years he participated in the race, but must work for Philip Gilbert. Was 7th in 2008.

Re: Cycling 2011/Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Great to see the Cycling thread have so many posts this early in the year :ok One for me for Omloop... Stijn Devolder @ 37 Bet365 The route has been re-designed by Van Petegem and Devolder has indicated that it may be more to his liking this year. He is quite capable over the cobbles and strong up the hills and at odds like these I feel he is too good to ignore.

Re: Cycling 2011/Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Thor Hushovd @ $19.00 Thor loves the cobbles. Thor loves the rain. What more can I say? Thomas Voeckler @ $41.00 Expecting something big here from Voeckler. I think he will be looking for an early season win. :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Cycling 2011/Omloop Het Nieuwsblad/Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne Omloop Thomas Voeckler – Lars Boom 2.75 pinnacle 1 pts Voeckler showed very nice form recently. He is veteran on this race and has nice placings. Lars Boom is mentioned as the leading Rabobank cyclist for the classics, but the question is will he put all his efforts here or will wait for some stronger competitions. Andreas Klier – Sebastien Langeveld 2.33 1 pts Klier is tough veteran with some great classifications on cobbled classics. Will be a part of very strong and experienced team. Langeveld had three starts here and always was far behind. Klier is booked just for this race, while Langeveld must race on the next day at Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne. Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne Boonen – Hagen 2.09 1 pt.s Tom was twice winner here. 6 times in Top 10 in 10 participations. Hagen twice participate here and his best is 47 place. Edwald gave everything in Tour of Oman, but failed to get the win. Boonen saves himself for classics. Both will ride in previous day! Tom Leezer – Niko Eeckhout 2.33 1 pts. Leezer is very capable Dutch cyclist. Good sprinter, who had nice record on Belgium races. Two years ago he was fifth at Kuurne in his only participation. Eeckhout has three times forth place and once sixth, but in last 4 years he failed to finish twice and other two times was out of Top 60. Both will miss the Saturday race

Re: Cycling 2011/Omloop Het Nieuwsblad/Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne Total disaster at the start of the classics Only one H2H is void, cos Niko Eeckhout didn't start Weekend Classics H2H -1.67 pts. Overall -4.67 pts. Overall 2011 Overall -36.95 H2H -4.51

Re: Cycling 2011/Omloop Het Nieuwsblad/Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne

Total disaster at the start of the classics Only one H2H is void, cos Niko Eeckhout didn't start Weekend Classics H2H -3 pts. Overall -6 pts. Overall 2011 Overall -38.28 H2H -5.84
You'll have to complain because Eeckhout did start, he just didn't finish the race.

You'll have to complain because Eeckhout did start' date=' he just didn't finish the race.[/quote'] Are you sure? Because at cyclingfever his name was cut from the starting roster and his name isn't among the finishers in cyclingnews and cyclingarchives results. They usually put dnf if the someone started, but didn't finished? It was strange for me that in both results it's shown that all guys finished and in such tough classics is very rare case. My bet was already settled at Pinny as canceled due to one of the participants dns. Please share a link if there is a place that is shовн Еeckhout participation. Thanks!

You'll have to complain because Eeckhout did start' date=' he just didn't finish the race.[/quote'] Cheers mate, Thanks for the note, Pinnacle turned the verdict as Win bet!!! I owe you some beers!!!

Re: Cycling 2011/Omloop Het Nieuwsblad/Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne Small stab at Paris Nice Kiserlovski @ 101 E/W 1/4 1-2-3 Bet365 Astana DS has said they will aim for stages with Vino and GC with Kiserlovski and Kreuziger. Roman is a superior rider but at this stage of the season form counts for a lot more and Kiserlovski I feel has better racing legs. He's also 7x the odds. Martin the favourite for mine and LLS always does fantastic in this race, but still can't resist having a small go at this one.

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice Paris-Nice Overall Jani Brajkovic 26.00 Sportingbet/bet365 1 pt W He is the leader of strong RadioShack team. Finished 11-th last year. Capable of doing well on the climbing stages, as well good TT-ist for maybe the decisive stage of the race Samuel Sanchez 21.00 bet 365 1 pt W Participated few times in the race and did it well. The stages are just for him. Also a good TT-ist. The chance for him is to win some time in climbing stages, as he is better climber then Tony Martin and LL Sanchez. Stage 1 Peter Sagan 6.00 Sportingbet Last year won two stages at Paris - Nice. Now he is once again in Top form, scoring some wins lately H2H Hunter vs Weylandt 2.56 Pinnacle Both very capable sprinters. Robbie Hunter is far more experienced and here he will be the sprint man for Radio Shack. At tour Down Under Hunter worked for Robbie Mcewen. Showed form, after winning a stage at Tour of Mumbay month ago. Last year he was twice winner at Vuelta a Murcia, which is taking place on the same time as Paris-Nice. So if he made same buildup this year, he must be in form. Weylandt will be preparing for the cobbles classics and i am not sure if he will fight here on 100%

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice Stage 2 H2H All prises are from Pinnacles. 1 pt W are are the odds Turgot - Ravard 2.90 Both with very equal qialities. Ravard showed good results this year, but Turgot was in better form last year at Tour the France with couple of Top 10 sprint stages. Also Turgot has better experience in Paris - Nice. It will be his third participation here. Pichot - Dion 2.15 Pichot showed better results overall in his career in sprints. He is aswell in better team. Dion finished ahead of Pichot in the first stage, but i think Pichot may be a Top 20 contender in bunch sprint, while Dion lacks qualities to do so. Jerome Pineau - Cedric Pineau 2.34 Jerome was 29 times in Top 20 from 60 stages here at Paris-Nice. Mainly on climbing stages. The veterean finished far ahead of Cedric in previos stage. Jerome also will not miss a break of the main group, which is not so sure for Cedric. And last, but not least, Jerome is in better team. Samuel Sanchez - Tejay van Garderen 2.06 Sanchez is better sprinter by far. He often finishes in the front ranks in the sprint stages. Van Garderen was ahead from Sanchez in the first stage, but i think there will be some changes in the second stage.

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice Stage 1 Both my bets lost. Sagan was forth, very close to the win, but the tired bunch couldn't organize well to catch the break. Hunter was 12-th, very good for him, while Weylandt finished 7-th or 8-th :( Bad luck here. Strange that Weylandt was in front despite the fact Voight was in the breakway. It was the best possible scenario... Leopard treck guys are very strong here and i expect good runs in the hills from the team of Fuglsang, Frank Schlek, Monfort, Voight... Stage 2 Peter Sagan 6.00 Unibet 1 pt W According the weather reports today there will be stronger winds then yeasterday. It's very possible to see some group splits. Sagan has very good team to support him. And if HTC once again failled to bring several guys in front... We may see fight between Sagan and Hausler. HTC came here with only one fast leadout guy as Alex Rassmusen, the others are TT-ist as Martin or climbers. They know that in the race will be just 3 sprint stages, so they keep strong sprinting guys as Renshaw, Albasini, Degenkolb, Grabsch to the other competitions.

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice

Hello Ogii New race new hopes :) Stage 2 All from Pinnacle: Jurgen Roelandts vs Gert Steegmans 2 @ 1,704 4/10 Luis Leon Sanchez vs lvain Chavanel 2 @ 2,05 3/10 Jurgen Roelandts vs Francesco Gavazzi 2 @ 3,08 9/10
Hi Klopsi! Good luck to you in the following days :) Tirreno-Adriatico starts in two days as well :)

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice Stage 2, Sagan failled, despite his great possition. But 3/4 in the H2H. Sanchez surpristingly finished 110+, while Tejey was 97-th..... So much times in Vuelta and TDF Sanchez finished in Top 25-30, but here seems he don't want to test his legs in the bunch sprints. Some scores after two stages Paris-Nice Overall +0.39 H2H +2.39 2011 Overall 2011 Overall -36.56 H2H -2.21

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice My mistake, shouldn bet 2 times against Roelandts :spank Jurgen Roelandts vs Gert Steegmans 2 @ 1,704 4/10 :@ Luis Leon Sanchez vs lvain Chavanel 2 @ 2,05 3/10 :ok Jurgen Roelandts vs Francesco Gavazzi 2 @ 3,08 9/10 :@ IF tomorrow again I will lose it will be probably one of this race when I'm losing every day.

Paris-Nice: -9,85
Overall: 36,11

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice Stage 3 Haussler 1 pt W 7.00 Sporingbet He wasn't in the best position in Stage two. Finished third, but i am sure he and Mathew Goss are better in Greg Henderson. Also Greg probably will suffer in the climb. Sagan wasn't the same force as last year. Also Peter do not have strong teammates Mathew Goss 1 pt W 8.00 Once again HTC started too early. The problem here was the fall of Tony Martin earlier. They lost some energy. Mathew Goss was outwinded totaly by Sky;s duo. I am pretty sure that Mathew would love such stage as third one. Also this time Columbia guys will try to clear the field in Cat 2 climb just before the finish. Combined odds of little more then 3,5 for the best two sprinters from the field, who also may climb not so bad...

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice Stage 3 Pinnacle Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil vs Romain Feillu 1 @ 1,735 3/10 Jens Voigt vs Alexandre Vinokourov 2 @ 1,855 7/10 Jurgen Roelandst vs Samuel Dumoulin 2 @ 2,02 2/10 Gert Steegmans vs Wouter Weylandt 1 @ 2,25 3/10 Samuel Sanchez vs Ryder Hesjedal 1 @ 1,926 2/10 :ok

Stage 3 Pinnacle Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil vs Romain Feillu 1 @ 1,735 3/10 Jens Voigt vs Alexandre Vinokourov 2 @ 1,855 7/10 Jurgen Roelandst vs Samuel Dumoulin 2 @ 2,02 2/10 Gert Steegmans vs Wouter Weylandt 1 @ 2,25 3/10 Samuel Sanchez vs Ryder Hesjedal 1 @ 1,926 2/10 :ok
Any reason?

Re: Cycling 2011/Paris-Nice I'll play tonight Vinokourov @ 23 Paddy Power Astana team has said that focus will be on stage wins with Vino and GC with Roman and Robert. Though this could be a mass sprint there is a little climb just before the finish which a man like Vino would most definitely like to take advantage of. Similar type of finish to the stage Vino won at the tour last year where he just held on and I'm hoping he can do so again. Grega Bole @ 34 WillHill Stage finish today could suit Bole with the climb towards the end possibly taking out some of the pure sprinters. Also quite possible that he'd launch himself at the summit of the climb and go for the solo win.

Stage 3 Pinnacle Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil vs Romain Feillu 1 @ 1,735 3/10 :wall Jens Voigt vs Alexandre Vinokourov 2 @ 1,855 7/10 :ok Jurgen Roelandst vs Samuel Dumoulin 2 @ 2,02 2/10 :wall Gert Steegmans vs Wouter Weylandt 1 @ 2,25 3/10 :wall Samuel Sanchez vs Ryder Hesjedal 1 @ 1,926 2/10 :ok :ok
Gert Steegmans vs Wouter Weylandt pos 169-164, really annoing day -0.16 a make a ballance today evening at home, now wil try to find sth for today