** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cycling 2011

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Yeah the KOTM is fine if you find the winner but it could easily go to one of the GC contenders this year and I am happy to leave it alone. I read Boassan Hagen wouldnt even be in the race but as he is lining up hopefully all is well.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Hey ;) Tour de France 2011 - Race Winner - Bradley Wiggins vs. Ivan Basso Pick: Ivan Basso 1.70 I do not believe completely in the British, of course surprised everyone in 2009, occupying a good 4th place, but somehow in the next few years he could not confirm this, but this year only one time trial at the end of the race, and so the route seems to be much more difficult than that in 2009. Yes, this year won the Dauphine Libere, but only through a time trial on the mountain stages because poorly presented and clearly tired. Basso peak form was to be on TDF and will, no collapse of him in this will not prevent, a year ago before the Giro also presented very poorly and we all remember what happened during his target race. This year, the same faith and will and work of the Poles in the team is not in vain 8/10 bet365 Tour de France 2011 - Race Winner - Adriano Malori vs Lars Ytting Bak Pick: Lars Ytting Bak 1.85 Bak is definitely better and more experienced cyclist when it comes to GT, is sufficient to recall, and in 2009 he finished the Giro in 19 great this place (not gained a lot of time on two escapes in which he participated) in the mountain stages in August presented a very solid ending it on a decent places. It is true that in 2010 he finished the Vuelta in last place but it was not his best season ... In this, it already looks very decent, some good and great 5 this position in the Hell of the North. Giro driven very hard and graduated in 127 place, leaving behind more than thirty riders ... Malorie very young cyclist who specializes in driving ind at the time, a year before he graduated to the TDF ... last place this year, according to Sportingbet as a "favorite" to take this position and it seems to me to be about the positions he fought bravely 10/10 bet365 Tour de France 2011 - Top 10 - Pick: Nicolas Roche 8.00 4/10 bet365 Tour de France 2011 - Alexandre Vinokourov Stage Victories Pick: Over 0,5 3.00 2/10 sportingbet Tour de France 2011 - Etap 1 - Grega Bole vs Marco Marcato Pick: Grega Bole 2.30 2/10 bet365

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 It was only two years ago Wiggins came 4th so hardly a few years. Also Wiggins finished higher than Basso did in the Tour last year. Both have missed the Giro to focus on the Tour this year so it will be interesting to see how they both get on.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Im amazed Contador is still fav over Schleck as he has lost over a minute to him already and is almost certain to lose more tomorrow. I had one bet in running as Matt Goss was 4/6 in a match bet with Petacchi which looked like it was buying money although it certainly got a bit hairy waiting for the result to come in.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Carnage of a result. Samuel Sanchez has lost time too. Sadly Goss seemed to get caught up in one of those crashes, which almost certainly rules him out of the Green Jersey. Kreuziger lost 2 mins and is now out of the running for a top 10 spot too. Coupled with Vino not winning it's not the best of tour starts.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 It was clear on the final climb no one was going to beat Gilbert. Sanchez is going to struggle to get into the top 5 now given he will lose over a minute to most contenders tomorrow so he could be an interesting contender for the KOM. He was one person I thought was over priced for it anyway and the Racing Post did tip him up this morning. Schleck is now fav on Betfair as I think the market is beginning to catch up with the fact he has been given the same time as the 6 second group.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Does anyone nows why Goss is placed 183th in the stage classification and 77th in the overall standings? He should have the same postion in both like the others who crashed in the second incident. This ruins my head to head bet vs Pettacchi and Feillou.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Tour de France 2011 - Stage 2 - Team Radioshack - Leopard-Trek Team Type: Radioshack 1.65 :( 6m - 4m I decided to trust the veterans of tomorrow, Radioshack, 4 very strong links in the form of Horner, Brajkovia Klodena and Leiphaimera to the solid in such trials and Iriziar Popovych and leaves us with a very strong crate, which might even win tomorrow's stage, in a decidedly weaker Radio was able to be composed of the second the Giro for me tomorrow and next to the HTC and Garmin are the favorite stage. The leopard is known and we have Posthume Fabian, Those two should give the highest rate, but also by the way the brothers must be careful Schleckow what would they not get lost along the way, because they are of good riding time are not known, and as the pace of Fabian transplant may to spit;) Betsafe Tour de France Overall 1 - 1 + 0,6 units - 2 j

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011

Does anyone nows why Goss is placed 183th in the stage classification and 77th in the overall standings? He should have the same postion in both like the others who crashed in the second incident. This ruins my head to head bet vs Pettacchi and Feillou.
Well Ladbrokes have paid me out so your unlucky if you dont. Basically Goss would have come across the line in 183rd place but because he was involved in the crash within the final 3km he was given the same time as the 6 second group.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 If your having an each/way bet on Stage 2 then be very careful as the bookies are offering different place terms depending on who you bet with. Im having a small each/way play on Team Sky who are 8/1 with Blue Square first 3 1/4 odds. They seem a bit over priced to me given they have been targeting this stage all season from the sounds of it. I can easily see them gaining a top 3 place in what is a five team race and it would hardly be a shock if they won.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 On ITV4 commentary yesterday, Paul Sherwin described the uphill finish as "marginal" as to whether it suited a sprinter like Cavendish or not. Note to self: bet on the opposite of whatever Paul Sherwin predicts. As for KOM, say Samuel Sanchez were to be 3 minutes behind after today, I can't see that being enough for the other GC contenders to be happy to let him break away on a mountain stage. I'd be interested to hear if the experts read anything into the intermediate sprint yesterday in terms of the green jersey. Farrar's generally around 10/1 or so at the moment. With the changes in the rules and all the uphill finishes, I think it's hard to figure out what type of rider will take it.

On ITV4 commentary yesterday, Paul Sherwin described the uphill finish as "marginal" as to whether it suited a sprinter like Cavendish or not. Note to self: bet on the opposite of whatever Paul Sherwin predicts. As for KOM, say Samuel Sanchez were to be 3 minutes behind after today, I can't see that being enough for the other GC contenders to be happy to let him break away on a mountain stage. I'd be interested to hear if the experts read anything into the intermediate sprint yesterday in terms of the green jersey. Farrar's generally around 10/1 or so at the moment. With the changes in the rules and all the uphill finishes, I think it's hard to figure out what type of rider will take it.
I'm still not sure what type of rider will win green. I thought Goss was a great bet in terms of value, but he had to do something on that finish yesterday. Sadly he crashed, and I now can't see him contending. I wouldn't be comfortable backing Cav, but with Greipel about I wouldn't trust that Gilbert can go for green either. Same with Hushovd and Farrar, at times one will take preference to the other, so at their current odds I'm not feeling comfortable to back them. It's a shame Sagan isn't riding, as I think he'd have won green on this type of course. Nothing for me today. Hate trying to decipher TTTs so will simply hope that Cavendish crashes out :lol

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Cav has actually managed to get up tougher climbs than the one yesterday and was in the main group until getting held up by the 2nd crash. The way the stage ended he probably wouldnt have won but it would have been interesting to see where he would have finished. Sanchez wouldnt have to break away to win thats why the likes of Contador are the market leaders because the points are weighted more towards the mountain top finishes than they have been in previous years. He might just start focusing on trying to get himself points in that competition now. Id read nothing into the intermediate sprint yesterday as it looked a repeat of when Cav failed to win the first sprint stage last year. Come the stage finishes Cav should beat him easily. Gilbert could win two more stages this week but there is talk he was only going to hang around for the first week so Im not sure Id want to be backing him.

Nothing for me today. Hate trying to decipher TTTs so will simply hope that Cavendish crashes out :lol
Why do you hope that? Given what happened in the Giro I think its pretty horrible to want any rider to have a crash.

Why do you hope that? Given what happened in the Giro I think its pretty horrible to want any rider to have a crash.
I don't actually hope he crashes (hence the laughing emoticon afterwards) -- it was just a joke in reference to the fact it would be the only way Matt Goss would contend for green.

Sanchez wouldnt have to break away to win thats why the likes of Contador are the market leaders because the points are weighted more towards the mountain top finishes than they have been in previous years. He might just start focusing on trying to get himself points in that competition now.
I don't think Sanchez's goals would have changed yet. Let's be honest, he was never going to win the tour, and he can easily make up 1'14 on Gesink and Basso and Van Den Broeck, or 1'17 on Evans, who are realistically the people he is and always was racing for what was always going to be 3rd place (if Andy and Alberto finish). The only leeway Sanchez might now get due to being behind is that if the favourites are the lead group, they (Andy and Alberto) might not chase Sanchez. But Gesink and Cadel still will. That's not to say Sanchez should be a longer price than Gesink to win KOTM though. I'm sticking with Gadret for now - he lost 1'55 and clearly isn't riding for GC, and as we saw last year, if he wants to win KOTM, then he's probably not going to care much aboute Roche's GC hopes.

I don't think Sanchez's goals would have changed yet. Let's be honest, he was never going to win the tour, and he can easily make up 1'14 on Gesink and Basso and Van Den Broeck, or 1'17 on Evans, who are realistically the people he is and always was racing for what was always going to be 3rd place (if Andy and Alberto finish). The only leeway Sanchez might now get due to being behind is that if the favourites are the lead group, they (Andy and Alberto) might not chase Sanchez. But Gesink and Cadel still will. That's not to say Sanchez should be a longer price than Gesink to win KOTM though. I'm sticking with Gadret for now - he lost 1'55 and clearly isn't riding for GC, and as we saw last year, if he wants to win KOTM, then he's probably not going to care much aboute Roche's GC hopes.
Like I said he was the one person out of the main contenders who looked overpriced although given what I think of trying to find the winner of the competiton I still couldnt bring myself to back him and it was no surprise that he was tipped up in the Racing Post, especially as they tipped up quite a few things I did. He could still be fighting it out for 3rd and still finish highly in the KOTM. Also lets be fair he is going to be further behind those guys after todays stage.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Cav has struggled in the past to win the first sprint of the tour. He didn't do it in his first tour, and he didn't last year. Which isn't to say that trend will continue. Happy to sit this one out and just observe the heirachy of a number of teams with two sprint options.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 I think this Cav not winning the first sprint of the Tour is rather misleading. In his first Tour he crashed on the run in to Canterbury and last year he mis judged a corner so its not as if he is getting out sprinted. Given on what he did at the intermediate sprint all things being equal he should be winning, but given Ive backed him already for stage wins and the green jersey there is no need for me to get involved at this short odds.

Apologies if I am wrong here, but I just wanted to mention this just in case I'm not. The Team Classification is calculated by adding the times of the best 3 riders from that team on each stage, not the times of the 3 best placed riders from that team at the end of the tour. So if a team can get 2 riders into the break and that break survives, then that team is going to gain time on other teams who don't also have 2 men in the decisive break. This is the main reason I backed Movistar, because they are so good at getting into breaks every day. It's also why I'd be careful of backing Saxobank against Euskaltel - the Carrot tops will look for stage wins via breaks, and gain time on days when the break survives, as Saxo will ride to protect Contador rather than getting into the breaks with the same frequency as Euskaltel. Again, apologies if you knew this already, but I just got the impression you thought final GC standings were a factor, and thought I'd point it out just in case you didn't realize.
Hi, yes I do know the rules. But personally I've got way more faith in a regular top 20 finisher then in guys who could win 5 mins in a breakaway, but then chose for the 'Grupetto' in the following day. But lets wait and seee.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 Didn't take that much for today. But quite sure there's value on Hushovd 1.85 and Roche 2.20 vs Renshaw, he usually doesn't use his pedals in last 200m, and if there are no crashes he won't be in top 50. Took Swift 1.80 vs Rojas, Galimzyanov vs Boonen and Feuillu 2.20 vs Boonen, as final is not that lat, I've also taken fun bet on Field 2.25 vs Cav. Late breakaways possible and as last 2k are with quite some turns crashes are well possible Finally also taken Contador and A. Schleck to win, both are quite a bit over 'evens' and unless accidents there's not a single other rider who will come close to beating them.

Re: Cycling 2011 - Tour de France 2011 If HTC had of got that better then Cav would have hacked up judgeing by the ground he made up in the closing stages. It seems it never goes quite right for him on the first sprint stage. I get the feeling Pettacchi wont be around for too much longer he appears to be in stinking form.