Tennis - February 7-13

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 WTA Pattaya: Hantuchova to bt. Zvonareva @ 4.46 at Pinnacle (10/10) Vera Zvonareva already owns two Pattaya Open titles, but if she wants to make it three in a row, then she must win against fourth-seeded Daniela Hantuchova in the semifinals. The Slovak suffered an Achilles strain in Australia, but now she is back on track and ready to build on. Daniela managed to win in straight sets against Kurumi Nara, Kimiko Date Krumm and Akgul Amanmuradova in this week in Pattaya. Physically, Hantuchova is in a very good shape right now. She was fighting for every point, playing aggressive, serving really well!! Hantuchova possesses a very consistent serve, a very comfortable volley, and a big forehand. She has the ability to keep Zvonareva on the defensive, and to dictate the game! The Slovak girl is in excellent form and it will be a though opponent for Vera Zvonareva! The world No.3 beated Shuai Peng here in quarterfinals. It was a three-sets victory, with an Russian girl beeing very inconstant in her game. Peng had two break points for 5-3 in the final set, but Vera Zvonareva managed to win the last set with 6:4. Vera didn't served really good in this one, because Peng faced 8 break-points and won 39% of the total points on the retur. On the other side, Hantuchova fired 7 aces in her victory against Amanmuradova, and have won 78% of her total service points. Zvonareva is 4-1 lifetimer against Hantuchova, but the Slovak won theit last meeting on the hardcourts of Cincinnati in 2009. I can see a surprise here! Hantuchova is in a very good shape, and if she can can stay mentally focused all game long, then she should win this one!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13

Meh Almagro :@ Turn it around man! On a positive note though, Dolgopolov would definitely be the favorite (in my book) against Chela.
That first set was dire... It's rare to see someone (Chela) win a set without hitting a great shot. Close third set so far.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Sport Tennis Event del Potro v Hewitt Selection Hewitt Strength 10/10 Date 11/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.52 Reasoning This price looks worth it. Hewitt was dreadful against Dabul but when he concentrated he was much better. This is a match for him to get up for and he should fancy the job. I think there is some needle between these two and it should be a good match. Del Potro has looked much better in this tournament than before on his comeback, but still tough to be convinced yet. He was struggling a bit towards the end against Lacko and wouldn't have fancied him in a third. At the moment, it's tough to analyze or price him up, but I don't quite think he should be as low as he is.

- Over 23 games AH (Marin Cilic vs Viktor Troicki) @ 1.952 with Pinnacle (2pts) LOSS - Milos Raonic -2.5 games AH (vs Ricardas Berankis) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (2pts) WIN - Marcos Baghdatis (vs Ivan Ljubicic) x Nicolas Almagro (vs Juan Ignacio Chela) @ 2.14 with Stan James (2pts) LOSS
Cilic ... where to start? What's gone wrong with him? A year ago he was flying, now he looks bereft of any real ability and desire. Something's happened to him, but I don't know what. Raonic, on the other hand, looks a player. Berankis couldn't live with his serve, and the Canadian covered the line. Baghdatis lost in a final set breaker and Almagro still going on. Not the best day. Hope for better tomorrow.

Cilic ... where to start? What's gone wrong with him? A year ago he was flying' date=' now he looks bereft of any real ability and desire. Something's happened to him, but I don't know what. Raonic, on the other hand, looks a player. Berankis couldn't live with his serve, and the Canadian covered the line. Baghdatis lost in a final set breaker and Almagro still going on. Not the best day. Hope for better tomorrow.[/quote'] Merci for the Raonic bet Monsieur Atko. When the second set went to a tie-break the handicap was never in doubt.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Aye Nico was impressive, battling the crowd and a poor start. Seems to thrive on adversity. If, and it's still a big if, Dolgo gets to the final, that is going to be some match. Two very different players indeed.

Thought Almagro showed an awesome temperament in what was an extremely hostile environment!
Yeah could have folded there when Chela had chances early in the second. Once the error count slowed down he was in control. First set was horrible to say the least.

Sport Tennis
Event S.Errani/R.Vinci - K-C.Chang/S.Mirza
Selection K-C.Chang/S.Mirza
Strength 10/10
Date 12/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.63
Reasoning Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci will face Chang Kai-Chen and Sania Mirza in this morning, for a place in the final of the doubles draw here in Pattaya Open. It will be an interesting match to watch. The pair formed by K.Chang and S. Mirza is the fourth-seeded here. They have won very easy against Date Krumm and R.Oprandi in their last round: 6:1, 6:2. Chang and Mirza seems to be in a good shape, and ready to win this competition. On the other hand we have an Italian couple formed by Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci, witch is top seeded here in Pattaya. Errani & Vinci worked hard in their last game, in quarterfinal against A.Brianti/S.Zhang. It was a 7:6(7), 7:5 victory for the Italian pair, with many ups and downs in their game. Brianti and Zhang faced 19 break-points in that game, but managed to convert only few of these chances. I think that Errani and Vinci will not be really focused in this match. Why? Becasuse they will play each other in the semifinals of the singles draw, a few hours later. These girls are a little bit tired right now, after so many games in this week. Chang/Mirza is the more fresher pair, and should win this one in straight sets!

Sport Tennis
Event Del Potro vs. Leyton Hewitt
Selection Del Potro (-3.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.62
Reasoning Well, if we couldn't see Juan Martin Del Potro's great tennis for already a so so long time then I think that certain here at San Jose we have the chance to see him playing much more closer to his real level. Juan Martin Del Potro is a well know player by eveybody, we all know that he is a top player and that he can compete against the best players like Rafa Nadal or Roger Federer, so playing today against a player like Lleyton Hewitt I don't think it is a very difficult task for him. I don't think that in this game there is something up to Lleyton Hewitt as it is more all about Del Potro's situation which seems to look much much better at the moment than in the previous tournaments. Lets take a look to Del Potro's tournaments and games from 2011: !1.) at Sydney won from Feliciano Lopez in a very very difficult way and lost clear from Florian Mayer 2.) at Australian Open won from Dudi Sela in another difficult game and lost from Marcos Baghdatis clear. So, as a litter conclusion I can say that Del Potro didn't looked at least in one game playing at his level, now if we take a look certain to San Jose, well here I can say that for the first time Del Potro has played stable as he has won against Teimuraz Gabashvili 6-3 6-2, a game where he really has dominated the points and in his second game against Lukas Lacko he has won with 6-1 7-6 and again showed a stable tennis. Both players: Lukas Lacko and Teimuraz Gabashvili are good hard-courters and IMO these two wins from Del Potro's side are more about his improvement than a not strong enough omponent. All in all, Del Potro has showed for the first time after such a long period some signs of a really comeback so I think that this is a perfect moment to trust him and go with him. Good Luck!

SportTennis
EventS.Errani/R.Vinci - K-C.Chang/S.Mirza
SelectionK-C.Chang/S.Mirza
Strength10/10
Date12/02/2011
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.63
ReasoningSara Errani and Roberta Vinci will face Chang Kai-Chen and Sania Mirza in this morning, for a place in the final of the doubles draw here in Pattaya Open. It will be an interesting match to watch. The pair formed by K.Chang and S. Mirza is the fourth-seeded here. They have won very easy against Date Krumm and R.Oprandi in their last round: 6:1, 6:2. Chang and Mirza seems to be in a good shape, and ready to win this competition. On the other hand we have an Italian couple formed by Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci, witch is top seeded here in Pattaya. Errani & Vinci worked hard in their last game, in quarterfinal against A.Brianti/S.Zhang. It was a 7:6(7), 7:5 victory for the Italian pair, with many ups and downs in their game. Brianti and Zhang faced 19 break-points in that game, but managed to convert only few of these chances. I think that Errani and Vinci will not be really focused in this match. Why? Becasuse they will play each other in the semifinals of the singles draw, a few hours later. These girls are a little bit tired right now, after so many games in this week. Chang/Mirza is the more fresher pair, and should win this one in straight sets!
welcome to the site alberto22.... i think your reasoning for this bet makes a lot of sense and because of the price it certainly seems to represent some value.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Thank you mate :) Yes, I am very confident in this bet! Errani/Vinci served misserable in their last game, and I just can't see them in the final here on the doubles draw! Physically, the pair formed by Chang & Mirza looks better, more fresher than the Italian couple!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 kirsten flipkens to beat ursula radwanska at 8-11 paddypower this match takes place in about 8 hours time in the dubai qualifiers. I just feel this is a very reasonable price for flipkens.....really believe that she is a class ahead of agnieska radwanska's baby sister here. the reason the prices are so close is because flipkens hasn't a lot og tennis played since her wrist injury but she was very competitive against pavlyuchenkova a few weeks ago in the australian open just losing 6-4, 7-6 whilst she's been making positive comments on twitter like...'my wrist is feeling much better now' and ' can't wait to get back playing matches'. radwanska on the other hand lost in the first round of australianopen qualifying after a trademark meltdown against the very average Anna tatashvili. I feel she's always been a bit over-rated due to her association with her sister but she's very limited, one-dimensional and quite an impatient player. Flipkens beat her comfortably on hard copurt in their only meeting in 2009 and I would expect flipkens to be a bad match up for radwanska....plays with a lot of slice, mixes her game up very well, has a lethal forehand and isn't afraid to come to the net.. she is also mentally strong in tight moments...of course these characteristics are what I would associate with her when she is playing her best tennis...but I actually feel like she probably won't even need to be at her best to beat radwanska. I still recommend small stakes however, as there is very little exact proof of the form of both girls....but flipkens is the better player...simple as.

Sport Tennis
Event Del Potro vs. Leyton Hewitt
Selection Del Potro (-3.5) GH (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.62
Reasoning Well, if we couldn't see Juan Martin Del Potro's great tennis for already a so so long time then I think that certain here at San Jose we have the chance to see him playing much more closer to his real level. Juan Martin Del Potro is a well know player by eveybody, we all know that he is a top player and that he can compete against the best players like Rafa Nadal or Roger Federer, so playing today against a player like Lleyton Hewitt I don't think it is a very difficult task for him. I don't think that in this game there is something up to Lleyton Hewitt as it is more all about Del Potro's situation which seems to look much much better at the moment than in the previous tournaments. Lets take a look to Del Potro's tournaments and games from 2011: !1.) at Sydney won from Feliciano Lopez in a very very difficult way and lost clear from Florian Mayer 2.) at Australian Open won from Dudi Sela in another difficult game and lost from Marcos Baghdatis clear. So, as a litter conclusion I can say that Del Potro didn't looked at least in one game playing at his level, now if we take a look certain to San Jose, well here I can say that for the first time Del Potro has played stable as he has won against Teimuraz Gabashvili 6-3 6-2, a game where he really has dominated the points and in his second game against Lukas Lacko he has won with 6-1 7-6 and again showed a stable tennis. Both players: Lukas Lacko and Teimuraz Gabashvili are good hard-courters and IMO these two wins from Del Potro's side are more about his improvement than a not strong enough omponent. All in all, Del Potro has showed for the first time after such a long period some signs of a really comeback so I think that this is a perfect moment to trust him and go with him. Good Luck!
Are you kidding with me? You say: so playing today against a player like Lleyton Hewitt I don't think it is a very difficult task for him Hello may I ask what exactly is "a player like" Lleyton Hewitt? One of the greatest and most talented tennisplayers of all time is not a very difficult task for Delpo? WTF? I rate your tip as bullshit!

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hewitt is an aging force. Granted he is mega talented, however whether he has what it takes today I doubt. Del Potro is looking fitter and stronger and in good form, I think he can cover the handicap today. Cornell good shout I say however we all have one aim, beat the bookie! Calling his tip bullshit is excessive, but we all risk to win. Good luck mate

- Nicolas Almagro (vs. Juan Ignacio Chela) x Alexandr Dolgopolov (vs. Ricardo Mello) @ 2.25 [stan James] (4/10)WIN - Nicolas Almagro to win by 2-0 @ 2.30 [unibet] (2/10) LOSS
Both coped extremely well under hostile conditions, with Dolgopolov producing a fine performance routing Mello, with Almagro having a harder time dealing with Chela but eventually coming through. The final is a tough one too call. Pre-tournament I would have backed Almagro, but Dolgopolov has played some very good tennis this week and might have swayed it.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Hewitt one of the greatest tennis players ever?!! :rollin Despite that nonsensical statement, I do think he has a fair chance of beating Del Potro today. 5pts Hewitt to beat Del Potro 2-0 @37/10 with Unibet A fully fit/match fit Del Potro would most likely beat Hewitt pretty easily nowdays as he is clearly well past his best. However in this spot I feel Hewitt definitely offers value. Del Potro as we all know is coming off of a big injury layoff, and is now trying to regain that match sharpness he has before the injury. It looks like it is going to take a while to get back to that level though, as Del Potro's game relies a lot on timing and natural feel - only gained from playing games and gaining confidence. He has come through his first couple of matches in straight sets, but Hewitt will provide a completely different test than that posed by Gabashvili and Lacko respectively. A very solid returner who is fairly consistent from the baseline, but more importantly Hewitt loves pace on the ball. This is something Del Potro should give him plenty of. If Hewitt can remain fairly steady as he usually is, I feel he will be able to frustrate Del Potro into errors. Value bet at these odds.

Hewitt is an aging force. Granted he is mega talented' date=' however whether he has what it takes today I doubt. Del Potro is looking fitter and stronger and in good form, I think he can cover the handicap today. Cornell good shout I say however we all have one aim, beat the bookie! Calling his tip bullshit is excessive, but we all risk to win. Good luck mate[/quote'] This is bullshit! Hewitt is rated as one of the 30 best tennisplayers of all time. That aging force you are talking about beat Federer in Halle final last year after one set down and Del Potro is not even full strenght. The former World No. 4 Del Potro is through to the quarter-finals or better for the first time reaching the final at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in November 2009, but admitted he wasn’t back to full strength yet. So if he admitt he is not back to full strenght I don't see how that aging force you are talking about don't have any value today. The value is clearly with Hewitt and that's where my money goes.

Im confused. I need Del Potro for a 4-fold so thought id put a little on Hewitt but can't find the game on either Bet365 or Willhill?!?!
It' because the match should have started on the bookies time but in reality the match has'nt started. Tennis matches don't have any exact starting time. Bet365 put the match up most of the times again after they change the time of start. Or you can bet live.

Re: Tennis - February 7-13 Monfils pulled out, Raonic in finals. Nice. 2 smaller bets (not even my full flat stake) for me today (Dolgopolov still in there with a shout). (2/10) I.Ljubicic (+2.5) to bt. J.W.Tsonga @ 2.04 at Pinnacle Tsonga is very poor on return and Ljubicic seems to be in a good form again. He showed what he can still do against Baggy and this match will be similar, but he should get more free points on the serve. This line covers two losing tie-breaks, which is a possibility here. And Ljubicic can definitely win at least a set, Tsonga is still nowhere near his best. (2/10) V.Troicki (+3) to bt. R.Soderling @ 2.09 at Pinnacle I think Troicki deserves more credit here. After beating Cilic, he will be full of confidence and he is playing really well at the moment. Certainly better than Youzhny right now and he cover the line, so I cannot see why Troicki will not be able to do that. Not much time, so just these two SMALL bets. Good luck everyone.

More like 2-0 Raonic 2-0 Dolgopolov for me but I had them in setbetting double.
Where did you tip this 2-0 x 2-0 double? I suspect you didn't... Which makes it pretty pointless?? Looks like your trying to trump Kronko's win double.... Pretty childish also... And what's with calling other peoples tips 'bullshit'? Been an excellent thread this week if you remove your drivel... But what do I know? Keep it up guys... On Dolgopolov and Soderling outright, having followed Atko & Czech so :hope Shame about Berdych :puke