** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - January 31 - February 6

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6

Hi mate do not mean to give you a told you so but I would have laid it off to lock in a profit - especially when he went a set up his odds would have dropped like a stone - unlucky mate you did get value for money though backing an 11/1 that got beat in the semis.
Yeah did seriously consider laying him after the first set but the momentum he should have gained from coming back from the break and then winning the tie break should have seen him through that second set. Easy to say now after the match that I should have layed the bet but that's hindsight. Hoping that the luck of the outrights will turn in my favour soon to balance the last couple. You not have any bets this week after your success last week?

My thoughts exactly. (with the betting thing' date=' not the "unbelievable match" thing)[/quote'] IMO Dodig deserves some credit. He was flying and diving all around the court like hell. GGL simply had no weapons against him in the 3rd set. Though Dodig spoiled my under 23.5 games bet by hanging in the second set, he at least provided some good show.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 He would deserve a lot of credit indeed for that dive especially, but the fact he complained about his back and called a medical timeout for that after the first set puts me off. Also, at *4-3 in the second set, GGL got a lot of punishment from the line judges.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (3/10) A.Mannarino-K.Anderson-under 22.5 @ 2.05 LOSS (2/10) G.Garcia-Lopez-I.Dodig-Garcia @ 2.10 LOSS well, bad luck today but at least I didn't invested a lot of money.Hope for better day tomorrow.If anyone followed I'm sorry.I'll try to make up tomorrow.:(

Think I'll go with Berrer to beat Mayer. I'm not sure but I swear Mayer always wins as a moderate underdog and then nearly always loses as moderate favourite. At least that's the pattern I've gleaned from the last six months of watching him. Berrer is in sharp form and at 13/8 looks a worth a dabble.
:lol Florian Mayer - so unpredictable he's actually predictable. Loses once again as fave after beating a big name the day before.

Yeah did seriously consider laying him after the first set but the momentum he should have gained from coming back from the break and then winning the tie break should have seen him through that second set. Easy to say now after the match that I should have layed the bet but that's hindsight. Hoping that the luck of the outrights will turn in my favour soon to balance the last couple. You not have any bets this week after your success last week?
Hi mate I often ponder if you should lay a bet or let it ride - I have decided I will always lay to ensure a profit when possible - I did not have a bet on this tournament have kept my powder dry so to speak am sure you will do well in th outrights in the long run as you seem to be able to find value - keep your chin up and keep posting your tips too.

G.Garcia-Lopez-I.Dodig Over 23.5 1.99 Pinnacle GG-Lopez match demands a three setter or at least 12 and 13 games in a two setter but it's very likely to be very even and go the distance. Santiago Giraldo 2-1 4.54 Pinnacle Two italians in a semi. Wow when did that happen last time? To bad I don't think any of them will go to the final. Santiago has shown very good form all year even on hardcourt. Starace can really go missing and be awful after he played good for a set. Feels it's just what's going to happen. Starace can defenitely take a set of Giraldo but I expect him to lose. Tommy Robredo 2-0 1.952 Pinnacle Robredo is great on clay. The surface he does best on. Should have no problems taking out Fognini in two sets. I think the italian has no weapons to hurt Robredo at all. Just a player out of his league.
2 of 3 as Robredo failed to win first set but Giraldo did his job and Starace was exactly like I predicted.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Berrer v Dodig Selection Berrer Strength 10/10 Date 06/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Canbet @ 1.76 Reasoning My choice for this final is Berrer. He's very good indoors and looks in good shape this week. He's up against Dodig, who helped me earlier in the week, but I don't think he'll finish this off. Garcia Lopez should have beat him yesterday, but for a remarkable comeback. He seemed tired in that match, and I also think had an injury problem. Playing in home tournament should help, but I think Berrer is better player and a nice price.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Agree. (5/10) M.Berrer to bt. I.Dodig @ 1.75 at Pinnacle Despite what I said yesterday, Berrer is the one to take here. He has played almost no time and is as fresh as ever, while Dodig looked really tired yesterday. The only thing in the Croat's favor is the fact that he is a Croat and that should not be enough

Dodig plays really well and again confirms my observation that fatigue factor usually plays no role at all. edit: now that I jinxed it, all Berrer backers can relax :-)
I agree. It's often tempting to back against someone after a hard match but in these sort of events it doesn't really work like that it seems. Maybe in Grand Slams it's worth factoring fatigue into the equation but for these best of three setters, these athletes should cope no problem.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 I have decided to have a little punt on the last final too. (4/10) S.Giraldo to bt. T.Robredo @ 2.27 at Pinnacle I did not like Robredo yesterday against Fognini. Way too shaky, way too many errors. Fognini could have put him away and I am not sure he deserved such a comfortably looking win. Giraldo is a talented played and I think this is not clear cut at all. 2.27 looks like value.

Matchpoint ace overruled by empire. What a drama in Zagreb :unsure
And yeah, that was a nice touch :D Btw, I almost forgot that Atko has Anderson outright (now looking good) and Giraldo outright (which I am on too basically). Hopefully those two can turn around your rather average-looking record this week! Fingers crossed.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 michelle larcher de brito to beat madison brengle at 4-5 bet365 2 points. All in all de brito is the classier player. she is notoriously inconsistent and can be tempermental but the fact that she has reached the final in the states this week shows at least that she is focused and playing well. her opponent brengle is simply average ...a player that has never even qualified for grand slam after about 4 years of trying. She's a decent ball striker but she's very slow around the court and the athletic and aggressive de brito can outlast her in ralleys i reckon. I haven't seen any of the action this week so wouldn't advise a huge stake but de brito does look huge value for me at 4-5

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Ferrer reaches a hard court semi, Dodig wins Zagreb, Devvarman almost wins an ATP final. Just waiting on Safina to win Wimbledon, Davydenko to win the French and Del Potro to climb over 400 places by the end of the year to win the World Tour Finals at the end of the year. :rollin

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Strange. Now this 6th game of 2nd set Robredo-Giraldo at 15-30 Robredo serving Robredo placed a ball in the court, Giraldo not taking it, but Robredo dived into the net while hitting the ball. Is'nt there a rule that player touching the net loses the point? Despite this , robredo got the point and the score was 30-30 after that.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Just realised I put my last post in this forum rather than next week's one. Any chance of it being moved Atko. It's not entirely relevant or have any great interest to read but should be in next week's. This Robredo Giraldo match just sums up this week. Twists and turns when you least expect it.