** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - January 31 - February 6

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6

In some places they say Clement' date=' in some Gasquet :D Strange really, but the point is, the match will not be played.[/quote'] Thx, I can see Gasquest scheduled to play with Misha Berrer in quarterfinals on main single draw shown on the website, so I assume it was Clement who retired. Hmm. Now I must guess the outcome of Brands/Ljubicic :eek, so here we go Brands vs Ljubicic: over 22.5 games @Pinnacle 1.741 Unless Ljubicic collapses, this is a bargain. Both are big servers and there should be at least one tie-break in the match.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Well. Ljubicic makes it an all-round good day, since my outright is very much on. And I definitely fancy his chances against Marchenko/Dodig and then GGL, which would bring the EW part for a nice profit. And Cilic in the final probably....Cilic should win, but 7.00 for Ljubicic would be looking good. Ah well, he is not there yet, although I cannot see him falling in the next round at least.

Thx, I can see Gasquest scheduled to play with Misha Berrer in quarterfinals on main single draw shown on the website, so I assume it was Clement who retired. Hmm. Now I must guess the outcome of Brands/Ljubicic :eek, so here we go Brands vs Ljubicic: over 22.5 games @Pinnacle 1.741 LOSS Unless Ljubicic collapses, this is a bargain. Both are big servers and there should be at least one tie-break in the match.
I somewhat overrated the "dumb" Brands after his victory over Karlovic. Brands play at the net was rather naive and Ljubicic took advantage. Good thing this live betting, as the outcome was quite clear after the first set and I cancelled the loss by going massive Ljubicic to win 2nd set at my local bookie.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Is it just me, or anyone else observed that linesmen in Zagreb tend to play with Croatian players :-) Quite a few of questionable balls in Marchenko-Dodig match and all in Dodig's favour. The same yesterday with Cilic vs Kunitsyn. At least Dodig - Ljubicic should be fair.

Is it just me' date=' or anyone else observed that linesmen in Zagreb tend to play with Croatian players :-) Quite a few of questionable balls in Marchenko-Dodig match and all in Dodig's favour. The same yesterday with Cilic vs Kunitsyn. At least Dodig - Ljubicic should be fair.[/quote'] Yes. I'm not in any way citing it as the main reason my bet lost, but there were some questionable calls against Marchenko that riled him. Same with Kunitsyn, although Igor is such a placid player he wouldn't bat an eyelid. Definite bias IMO.

Igor Andreev 2.00 Andreev should be dangerous in Santiago and Giraldo will be a number to small. Frank Dancev.. -2.5 1.83 Frank is back and serves greater then ever. Dudi Sela 2.62 Kevin is overrated. Sela has the game to beat him. Philipp Petzschner v Alex Bogomolov Under 20.5 1.83 Bogomolov is out in a rush here.
2 of 4.. Andreev was a dissapointment. Sela had no chance. Strange result in Zagreb. Dancevic covers.

The standard of tennis is terrible this week, at least from the 4 or 5 games I've watched. I miss the WTA!....:notworthy
Only a handful of Top 30 players kicking about this week, so I suppose it was to be expected. One thing I like about WTA is that often the points are more delicately constructed. Maybe one day I'll bet on it :loon

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Anderson v Beck Selection Lay Beck (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 04/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.30 Reasoning Hard to see past big Kev tomorrow. In his home tournament, and doing ok. Struggled first match but then much better in his second and serving really well. Think he'll improve again tomorrow as the crowds get better and should win this. Beck is well past his peak and wins over Dabul and a tired Soeda aren't exactly inspiring.

Wolmarans is a pro.....there's hope for all of us.
Ye absolutely.. Wolmarans is improving but I don't know about hope when it comes to him. 24 years old and not even close to top 100. But don't you think the tennis in Santiago has been sort of more ok at least? Ok Monaco wtf but no skip it. Been awful in Santiago to.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (5/10) D.Gremelmayr-A.Mannarino - Mannarino-3.5 @ 1.98 LOSS (5/10) I.Andreev-S.Giraldo- Andreev-1.5 @ 2.07 LOSS (7/10) F.Dancevic-F.Wolmarans-Dancevic @ 1.51 X K.Anderson-D.Sela-Anderson @1.47 WIN (6/10) I.Dodig-Y.Marchenko - over 22.5 @ 1.93 LOSS (6/10) F.Dancevic-F.Wolmarans - over 22 @ 1.71 LOSS What to say?Really bad luck,Mannarino has missed one game and match Dancevic and Wolmarans also one game.Marchenko broke and did not play well,Dodigs easy win.Andreev was unfortunate, lost the tiebreak and tried to return but in third set Giraldo made an early break.Giraldo played much better today.Dancevic won and Anderson also played well.Easily won their matches.The most i've invested is in Dancevic and Anderson so I have not lost anything,all in all not a bad day.:)

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Berrer +3 games AH vs Gasquet @1.935 (Pinnacle:4pts) Gasquet is of course superior player here but he's got no minutes on court yet...bye in rd 1 and old man Clement retired today. Hard to know what his motivation is. Berrer can have patches of form where he's a really tricky player to play...and these conditions seem to suit his game perfectly. He's won a couple of matches already here, OK not great opponents but solid stuff from him. Think this could be a tight one even if Gasquet wins...overs is probably worth a go and I'd usually go with that bet here but having not seen Gasquet yet I'll avoid it....anyway I think I'll have a small punt on this. GL!

Yeah must admit the tennis I've seen over the past few days has been mediocre at best. Convinced that on a hard court' date=' Clijsters would beat any of the players involved in South Africa in straight sets. It's that bad.[/quote'] Frank Dancevic made 27 unforced errors :$

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Three bets so far for me tomorrow ... - Michael Berrer +3 games (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (5/10) Value is fast running out on this one and I expect it to be a +2.5 line eventually. IAG has it spot on here for me. Berrer played very well against Kavcic yesterday and is serving and volleying with confidence and aplomb. He's the runner-up from last year so obviously enjoys conditions. He's the sort of player I can see Gasquet hating indoors. The Frenchman is probably better on a slower court and hasn't had any game time yet in this tournament, with a bye in R1 and Clement retiring in R2. He might have enough to win it but Berrer will be out of the traps quickly here. They met indoors in Metz two years ago and Berrer took him to a final set tie-break, covering this line. I expect this to be close. Definitely worth a play. - Over 22.5 games AH (Izak van der Merwe vs Simon Greul) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle (4/10) Fancy the big South African and the German to play out a close one here too. Van der Merwe is all about serve and will keep it pretty tight on his deliveries. He's played okay off the deck too, however, and will spar away with Greul. I've been quietly impressed with the German this week. He's played some nice stuff, albeit against a lower class of opponent. He's serving well and doing the simple stuff right. Can't see either man walking it and could potentially see a breaker in this one. Line seems a little bit low for me at 22.5 games, expected it to be higher considering this seems an evenish match on paper. - Thomaz Bellucci (vs Fabio Fognini) x Tommy Robredo (vs Maximo Gonzalez) @ 2.10 with 888sport (4/10) I'm calling this the heart-attack double as these matches will probably twist and turn. Certainly think both men will prevail. Robredo seems to have hit a bit of form in the last few weeks. Good display in Australia ... nice win over Mello in R2 here ... and Gonzalez, despite his good week, isn't one that I'd say can cause him any more strife. Robredo's got more match fitness and more in his locker. The Spaniard won their only meeting on clay a few years ago, and I expect a similar outcome here. Bellucci might not be so straightforward but I'd expect him to get the job done over the Italian. Fognini's been a bit flaky this week, especially on serve, and I'd expect Bellucci to get the win here. The Brazilian has the stronger serve and more variation, plus he's a lefty - Fognini doesn't like those, he's got a W5 L11 record against them. Bellucci can go missing at times but has been getting the job done. Defending champion to prevail for me. :hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Dodig +2.5 1.901 Closeeeeeeeeeee GG-Lopez -4.5 1.870 No surprise from Bogomolov again I hope. Lopez is far better then Petzchner. Berrer - Gasquet Over 22.5 1.847 Close match. Dancevic 2.30 Frank should have more in his locker then Adrian. 4 picks I'm confident about.

- Under 20.5 games AH (Philipp Petzschner vs Alex Bogomolov Jnr) @ 1.901 with Pinnacle (5/10) WIN - Illya Marchenko +3 games AH (vs Ivan Dodig) @ 1.94 with 188bet (4/10) LOSS - David Nalbandian -4.5 games AH (vs Horacio Zeballos) @ 2.01 with Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS - Adrian Mannarino (vs Denis Gremelmayr) x Potito Starace (vs Pablo Andujar) @ 2.02 with Pinnacle (4/10) WIN
Tiny profit made from these matches. Bogomolov Jnr whipped Petzschner to see the unders through and Mannarino and Starace obliged on the double, but Nalbandian was shocking and Marchenko got tetchy against the Croatian crowd.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (6/10) S.Devvarman-(R.De Voest) X K.Anderson-(K.Beck) @ 2.10 Andreson plays great he is favorite for the title.He should win that match easily. Devvarman is in great shape and plays better and better.He already beat De Voest and he should win again. (5/10) G.Garcia-Lopez-A.Bogomolov - under 21.5 @ 1.82 Garcia is one of the favorite in Zagreb and he plays very good.Bogomolov won yesterday and for him this is the end of the road.Garcia is going to win in two sets and it could be 7-5 6-3 and that is enough to cover the line. (2/10) A.Mannarino-(F.Dancevic) X I.LJubicic-I.Dodig-over 23 @ 3.21 Mannarino beat before Dancevic and he should beat him again,He plays good but he didn't played great and today maybe he show us something more. Dodig and LJubicic played before twice and both time was in three sets,they play at home and they should give everything what they have.Three sets seems more than possible.:hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Zagreb indoors QF: Berrer vs Gasquet: Berrer +3 games @Pinnacle 1.833 (x2) Berrer vs Gasquet: Berrer @Pinnacle 2.920 (x1) Planned this bet since yesterday when Gasquet has got the superseededs' privilege to arrive directly on tournament quarterfinal :-) In the interview directly after Clement's retirement he correctly pointed out that he will miss practise in his opening match, but otherwise he sounded quite confident. But I was impressed by Berrer's play against Kavcic and I think that he will keep it at least close against Richard that got no grip of the Zagreb court whatsoever. Hopefully Mischa will be cautious during his frequent net advances and will not let Richard too many opportunities for his infamous backhand passing shots.