** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tennis - January 31 - February 6

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Two for now, maybe more later. (4/10) R.Stepanek/S.Koubek Under 20.5 games @ 2.14 at Pinnacle Two veterans, but they are heading in different directions. Stepanek seems to be up there and staying competitive, while Koubek is going down the rankings and slowly dropping out. The courts should suit Stepanek and he usually does not give anything to those "lesser players". The line is low, which is a risk, but the odds are solid enough for me. (3/10) I.Kunitsyn (-4) to bt. J.Pospisil @ 1.97 at Pinnacle Kunitsyn showed some nice stuff against Roddick and pushed him hard at the Australian Open. Pospisil is someone who has basically no experience at the ATP level and I cannot see him doing anything here. I think he is still on the challenger level and this should show here. Gulf of class in my opinion.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6

Blaz Kavcic v Mischa Zverev Zverer 2.62 b365 Surely this must be wrong. Zverev as underdog on indoor hardcourt? I don't understand anything. How can they put Kavcic as fav when his best surface is clay? The guy is not even croatian. He must be fav from his exploits down under when he got past first round beating Kevin Andersson that is not anything that impress me and make him fav here. He can play well on hardcourt too but Zverev is without question the better on indoor hard to me. Alex Bogomolov v Antonio Veic Veic 2.20 b365 I don't see how Bogomolov can be fav here. Veic is the homeplayer and Bogomolov rarely plays good anywhere except at home in USA sometimes. He was a disaster in Heilbronn last week when he played against Bachinger. Why expect anything more from Bogomolov then what he usually can achive. I trust the croatian to win this.
I don't know what's happening but I see no reason why Zverev and Veic is going up. Zverev 2.87 Veic 2.50 Now we're talking value.

I don't know what's happening but I see no reason why Zverev and Veic is going up. Zverev 2.87 Veic 2.50 Now we're talking value.
I was personally looking for odds on Kavcic but I'm astonished by the prices. No value whatsoever in the Slovenian. Zverev's been gash for a while though, and has fitness questions, while Kavcic has been playing pretty well of late. Agree with you on Veic, but prefer the extra security of the handicap.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Veic to beat Bogomolov @ 2.50 (Bet365:2pts) Not much to say here, must be value in this price. Bogomolov came through qualies which is why the odds may be set like this, I don't know. Not like he was totally convincing there anyway. Veic the home player, surely motivated to do well...only seen him a couple of times so dont know his game extensively but this bet feels like it's worth a go as I'd expect around 50:50 odds in this one. Only small stake though. GL!

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Brands D.- Karlovic I. Selection Brands D. (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 01/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.31 First of all Karlovic is playing at his own playground,this is his town and he relly likes to play here. second perfect (fast) surface for this giant from Salata. third Karlos main advantage is his great serve and Brands doesnt have the power to stop it. Also Brands could be really tired in this match because he played finals on Sunday. Just cant see Karlovic losing to Brands in first round. So im going to lay Brands.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Hi guys, 1 more pick for ATP zAGREB OPEN (2nd round match): STEPANEK TO MAYER (early odds on betfair around 1.5-1.7, no odds published yet from bookmakers) Stepanek loves playing on fast indoor court and he looked great against Koubek today. Mayer is not at his best on fast surface. Just 3 weeks ago in Brisbane it was an easy win for Stepanek over Mayer 6:3, 6:3.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 David Nalbandian v Carlos Berlocq Berlocq 5.50 b365 I got to go against Nalbandian since he's injured and does loads of unforced and moving badly. Berlocq is a fighter and he's done ok last couple of months. At the moment Berlocq is more movitated then Nalbandian and he is very good in the rallies doing few unforced errors. He's high on confidence while David just wants to move on and play bigger tournaments. This smaller tournament means a lot to Carlos so his motivation is high.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 One more then for the day. The reasons are obvious I think. (4/10) J.Monaco/M.Gonzalez Under 21 games @ 1.91 at Pinnacle Monaco should be able to do the job quickly here, as he is a level above Gonzalez if they play to their best. Monaco will also be delighted with slower courts, as he did not do very well on the hard courts in January.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Cuevas v Souza Selection Souza Strength 10/10 Date 01/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.61 Reasoning Souza seems worth a try tonight. He reached the semis here last year from qualifying getting some tough wins, so should be up for it this year. He did ok in a challenger last week so looks in reasonable shape. Cuevas lost a couple of very tight matches in Australasia (final set tie break in Auckland and 9-7 5th in Melbourne) and you don't want to be backing the guy losing tight matches. Also he lost first round here to Mello last year. Worth a shot at this price.

David Nalbandian v Carlos Berlocq Berlocq 5.50 b365 I got to go against Nalbandian since he's injured and does loads of unforced and moving badly. Berlocq is a fighter and he's done ok last couple of months. At the moment Berlocq is more movitated then Nalbandian and he is very good in the rallies doing few unforced errors. He's high on confidence while David just wants to move on and play bigger tournaments. This smaller tournament means a lot to Carlos so his motivation is high.
My confidence is not the highest on this one so don't take it for granted Carlos gonna win.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. 15-0 Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. 30-0 Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. 40-0 Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. Game. It's so stupid.

Two for now, maybe more later. (4/10) R.Stepanek/S.Koubek Under 20.5 games @ 2.14 at Pinnacle:ok:ok (3/10) I.Kunitsyn (-4) to bt. J.Pospisil @ 1.97 at Pinnacle:ok:ok (4/10) J.Monaco/M.Gonzalez Under 21 games @ 1.91 at Pinnacle):@:@
Ah well, guess you should not trust Monaco these days. Nevertheless, some profit was made and that is important ;). Hopefully Tipsarevic will not mess the outright.

Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. 15-0 Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. 30-0 Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. 40-0 Karlovic serves, Brands returns, Karlovic volleys the winner. Game. It's so stupid.
How was he broken I wonder.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Just found this forum. Looks pretty good for tennis betting. :) Setting up a blog to keep myself on my toes. Feel free to follow if you're interested. Link at bottom of this post. Anyway for tonight this is what I fancy: Nicolas Massu returns to his homeland Chile tonight to take on Caio Zampieri in what looks to be one of the weakest ATP tour main draw matchups you are likely to see this year. The 31 year old Chilean has had success in his own backyard in past years, reaching the final in Vina Del Mar twice back in 06 and 07. But that must seem light years away from his current predicament which has seen his form and subsequently his ranking slide dramatically in recent years. His form last year in main draw ATP and Grand Slam events was a miserable 4-11. And although that makes poor reading, he can take solace in the fact that his opponent tonight will be appearing in only his second ever ATP main draw match. His previous effort ending in defeat two years ago to the Italian Fabio Fognini. That means he did not appear in a single main draw event last year so although Massu's record has been poor over the last year it is still far brighter than his opponents tonight. With the Chilean vastly more experienced he should be extremely pleased that he has landed a very winnable first round match, and with him playing infront of a home crowd(albeit possibly a very small one) I feel there is a small amount of value on a sufficiently motivated Massu tonight condemning the Brazilian to a second straight ATP main draw defeat. Massu to bt Zampieri 1pt win @ 13/14 (Unibet) http://commodusbetting.blogspot.com/

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (8/10) S.Giraldo-F.Bagnis-Giraldo under 21 @ 1.89 LOSS (7/10) A.Mannarino-Y.Schukin-Mannarino under 21 @ 1.78 LOSS (6/10) P.Cuevas-J.Souza - Souza over 21 @ 1.92 WIN (3/10) P.Cuevas-J.Souza - Souza @ 3.58 WIN It was not like I expected,Mannarino and Giraldo did not play well,but Cuevas and Souza match was exact as I tought it would be.Some profit was made,congratulate to all who have followed. :D

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Kukushkin - Clement Despite few flashes here and there on hard courts Kukushkin is still basically a claycourter and his style is most suitable for slower surfaces. Lately his form is not that good that we can consider him a favourite against the french veteran. Although it appears that he's in a bad form of late because of mostly getting eliminated in first rounds of recent tournaments we just can't ignore the fact that he played higher ranked and - better players. This year he lost to Berankis, Mannarino and Seppi after 5 sets at AO, all three were favourites against him and all three were in a good form before playing against Clement. Kukushkin is nothing special. He's not better than those players, he's not even the better player than Clement. I really don't see why is Kukushkin rated so highly here, for me this is a coin toss in worst case, maybe i'd even set Clement as slight favourite. All in all, we have great odds here and we shouldnt miss it. Good luck. Pick: Clement Odds: 2.44 @ Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Two for me today after a rather successful day yesterday. (4/10) G.Garcia-Lopez (-3) to bt. L.Lacko @ 2.03 at Pinnacle Have to fancy the Spaniard here after Lacko's rather poor performance in round one. He has been destroyed by Murray in the Australian Open, but that is completely different from what he has to face now and Lacko is by no means in his class. Aside from the unusual good performance, he is an average player that should fall rather quickly here. (4/10) R.Stepanek (-3) to bt. F.Mayer @ 1.80 at Pinnacle Everything points towards Stepanek here. Mayer is shaky at the moment and his first match was by no means convincing. Losing to Stepanek earlier this year easily will not give him a lot of confidence either. Stepanek knows that these tournaments are the ones in which he still can make some impact, so I expect him to take care of the matters rather easily.

- Florent Serra (vs Dustin Brown) @ 1.80 with Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS - Nicolas Massu (vs Ciao Zampieri) @ 1.813 with Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS - Antonio Veic +2.5 games AH (vs Alexander Bogomolov Jnr) @ 1.99 with Pinnacle (3/10) WIN - Under 21 games AH (Maximo Gonzalez vs Juan Monaco) @ 1.943 with Pinnacle (3/10) LOSS
My selections were brutal yesterday. Serra served horrendously and never looked interested, Massu is just too old, despite having chances, while Monaco flunked big time againsy Gonzalez. Veic didn't win but covered the handicap. Thankfully followed two nice bets from Czech and kronko on the Stepanek-Koubek unders and Souza, so clawed back the losses and more. Cheers guys :ok This week really is a minefield :loon

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Brian Dabul v Karol Beck Dabul 2.00 b365 If you have seen Becks form you got to agree with this. Dabul is also one of those underdogs I like to back on hardcourt in matches like this. Beck retired against Andy Murray in Aussie open and before lost to Nadal where one set was 6-0. I know it was Nadal but still it really looks like something is wrong about Becks form now. That's all I had to say and this is very winnable for Dabul.

My selections were brutal yesterday. Serra served horrendously and never looked interested, Massu is just too old, despite having chances, while Monaco flunked big time againsy Gonzalez. Veic didn't win but covered the handicap. Thankfully followed two nice bets from Czech and kronko on the Stepanek-Koubek unders and Souza, so clawed back the losses and more. Cheers guys :ok This week really is a minefield :loon
Glad I could help:D Anyway, Massu was unlucky from what I know, but Serra played horribly and he really looked like he was there on holiday. And Monaco...what is wrong with him? I always liked him as a player, but he is just so poor at the moment.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 A few for me as I trudge deeper into the swamp ... higher hopes for today though. - Marin Cilic -5 games (vs Igor Kunitsyn) @ 1.962 with Pinnacle (5/10) Defending champion Cilic makes his first appearance of the week and I'm expecting a pretty easy win for him, something like 6-3 6-3, which would cover this line. Kunitsyn played yesterday against Pospisil but really wasn't impressive. Too many breaks of serve against the journeyman Czech and a similar serving performance here against the top seed will be punished. Cilic's serve is big enough to glean him cheap points and he's got more power and consistency than the Russian in rallies. He's a better all-round player, and should progress smoothly. They met in Chennai last year and Cilic won 6-2 6-4 in their only meeting. A similar type of win is what I'm expecting here. - Milos Raonic -4 games AH (vs Simon Greul) @ 1.85 with 188bet (5/10) I've been very impressed with Raonic this year. His game has developed beyond his serve now and he's starting to use his booming forehand to good effect. He gets so many cheap points through his serve and that puts a lot of pressure on his opponents to hold their own. He dismantled Lu yesterday, a thoroughly decent opponent, and I think he'll have too much for Greul here. The German is a handy journeyman, especially on the clay, but on the hard courts, he doesn't offer a great deal. He's solid in most areas but doesn't have a killer weapon to really trouble Raonic. The Canadian should be able to break him down here, and I'd expect a fairly routine win for one of the game's rising stars. - Michael Berrer (vs Blaz Kavcic) @ 1.82 with Pinnacle (5/10) Berrer got to the final in Zagreb last year and opened up with a good victory over Mektic in R1. Considering the propensity for Croats to pull off shock results in Zagreb, I think this shows Berrer is taking this tournament seriously. He's got an attacking game that suits the quick courts here and I expect him to forage to the net often. Kavcic has made big strides in the last 12 months but he still shows his inexperience, especially on serve, and he's more accustomed to outdoor tennis. He met Berrer last year and lost comprehensively, which suggests he had trouble with the German's style of play. Berrer has a lot to defend this week and I expect him to be pumped up. Kavcic is a dangerous player but if Berrer plays to his best, he'll beat him. Happy to take the odds on offer. - Thomaz Bellucci -4 games AH (vs Rui Machado) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle (5/10) Going to persevere with the young Brazilian here. Bellucci is a player I rate highly on the clay and I don't think Machado will cause too many worries for him. Both men came through their R1 matches in easy fashion but Bellucci has got far more in attack than the Portuguese. He has a bigger serve and a bigger array of shots. Machado can be too defensive at times, and that should play in Bellucci's hands. The Portuguese also has a diabolical record against lefties on tour. Bellucci will be able to utilise that and take advantage of his opponent. Reckon the defending champion will progress here and cover the line in the progress - Feliciano Lopez (vs Frank Dancevic) x Potito Starace (vs Pablo Andujar) @ 2.12 with Pinnacle (4/10) Like the look of this double. Lopez is the defending champion in Johannesburg and probably would have wanted an easier draw, but I still see him beating Dancevic. Both men should dominate on their first serves but Lopez has a lot more going for him once the match gets into a rally. He likes coming to the net and will pressure Dancevic into making shots. The Canadian has been hampered by injury and his career hasn't really taken off as yet. He has a tendency to crack at the crucial moment, and I think he'll come up short against Lopez. As for Starace, the Italian has got an incredible 4-0 record over Andujar, with those meetings coming on clay. Two of those have gone into four sets but Starace seems to have a hex over the Spaniard. Starace is a player I like on clay, as he has a high first serve percentage and loves to move players out wide and attack. Andujar had a good tail end of last year, but Starace has a bit more quality in his locker, and I'd expect him to continue his good run over the Spaniard. - Brian Dabul (vs Karol Beck) @ 2.15 with Unibet (4/10) This bet is as much against Beck as it is for Dabul. Beck has really slipped down the rankings, and hasn't won a match on the main tour for a while. He's got a nice repertoire of shots but doesn't have any consistency, and he's very weak on serve. Not sure he'll like the match-up against Dabul, who is a diminuitive cockroach of a player, who scampers about and throws in a variety of shots. I'm surprised to see him in Jo'burg, considering he does a lot of work on clay. That suggests to me he is taking this event seriously and fancies his chances of a few wins. With Beck all over the place at the moment, it's a good chance for him to do so, although I'd expect it to be a rollercoaster of a match. :hope

Glad I could help:D Anyway, Massu was unlucky from what I know, but Serra played horribly and he really looked like he was there on holiday. And Monaco...what is wrong with him? I always liked him as a player, but he is just so poor at the moment.
Massu just didn't take his clutch moments. One of those things. As for Serra ... his serving performance was abysmal, especially on second serves. Very bad result for him. Monaco is a huge surprise. I wonder whether he'll ever hit peak form again, he seems to have fitness issues. Hopefully it's just fitness issues, he's a player I like.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 But yeah, Tipsarevic just made the day worse right from the start with the outright losing. He is a real enigma sometimes. I still hate him for what has he done to our Davis Cup team, where he played like a beast. Losing to Huta Galung is just really terrible.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 I'm not posting much, but I've just realized that these days, at the post AO tournies, big favorites are having trouble focusing, or they simply don't care if they win in 2 sets or in 3, or 7-6, 7-6. What I want to say, it would have been very profitable to back the handicap on the underdog.

Veic to beat Bogomolov @ 2.50 (Bet365:2pts) Brands vs Karlovic OVER 22.5 games @ 1.935 (Pinnacle:6pts)
loss win Profitable day with the big bet coming in easily but should have been 2 wins with Veic serving for the match at 6-2 5-3, clown.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (7/10) M.Cilic-I.Kunitsyn-under 20.5 @ 1.84 Cilic is much better player than Kunitsyn and he plays at home,he should win this in two sets,handicap is too big for me -5,under 20 allows resault 6-4 6-4 and it is much safer. (6/10) D.Brown-I.Van Der Merwe-over 22.5 @ 1.73 Brown and Merwe are tall players and they rely on the service.Merwe plays at home and will fight to the end.I hope for difficult match possible in three sets. :hope