Tennis - January 31 - February 6

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 I seriously consider sticking with live betting only :-). In past few days I had to recover from bad before-play bets during live, and always succeeded. Today I made a small fortune in Cilic/Mayer as the outcome was apparent in about 5th game of the 1st set. Now I am watching Belluci vs Fognini. I bought Belluci at 1.42 and laid him at 5.99 at the end of 1st set. Looks like I was right ;) (now it's 4-1 for Fognini in 2nd set)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6

Yeah didn't bottle it like I did with Li ;). Got his toughest match so far against big Kev tomorrow though so still looking into that game and deciding what I thinks best. Both were mightily impressive today though. Could lay him at 5.9 on Betfair as you say.
fishy, I have Anderson for the title, you have Mannarino. I'd go as far as to say that whoever wins tomorrow, will win the tournament. At least one of us is going to be in the money :ok

fishy' date=' I have Anderson for the title, you have Mannarino. I'd go as far as to say that whoever wins tomorrow, will win the tournament. At least one of us is going to be in the money :ok[/quote'] Yep totally agree mate. Looks like our rivalry has taken a step up ;). Thought Mannarino would struggle today against Dancevic but he was impressive. Anderson is rightly the big favourite though. Should be an intersting match. :ok

Yep totally agree mate. Looks like our rivalry has taken a step up ;). Thought Mannarino would struggle today against Dancevic but he was impressive. Anderson is rightly the big favourite though. Should be an intersting match. :ok
I thought Dancevic would squeak it today too. Mannarino looked knackered against Gremelmayr but he played some really good stuff against the Canadian. I would have Anderson as favourite too but if Mannarino can live with his serve, it'll be very close. Home advantage could play a part too, it's a sell-out tomorrow on centre-court. At least one of us will be taking some sort of profit away from an outright in this god-foresaken week!

I thought Dancevic would squeak it today too. Mannarino looked knackered against Gremelmayr but he played some really good stuff against the Canadian. I would have Anderson as favourite too but if Mannarino can live with his serve' date=' it'll be very close. Home advantage could play a part too, it's a sell-out tomorrow on centre-court. At least one of us will be taking some sort of profit away from an outright in this god-foresaken week![/quote'] Home support could be important but saying that Mannarino has been quite popular with the crowds in his matches. Not sure why really but they seem to have taken a liking to him. Think it will come down to as you say the strength of Kev's serve on the day, and also how he copes with Mannarino's slow shots and angles. Should be a good one though. Unlucky on Bellucci btw, thought Crapnini had blown it when he chocked serving for the set.

Home support could be important but saying that Mannarino has been quite popular with the crowds in his matches. Not sure why really but they seem to have taken a liking to him. Think it will come down to as you say the strength of Kev's serve on the day, and also how he copes with Mannarino's slow shots and angles. Should be a good one though. Unlucky on Bellucci btw, thought Crapnini had blown it when he chocked serving for the set.
Yeah I thought Fognini was going to bottle it too. Bellucci just isn't playing well at the minute - far too patchy. Thought he'd do well here but wasn't to be. To be honest, I've had a poor week and if I hadn't followed a few of the other tips here, I'd be in a bit of a hole. If Giraldo and Anderson get to the final of their respective tournaments then I'm in with a chance. Nasty week this, big thumbs-up to those who have done well :ok

- Michael Berrer +3 games (vs Richard Gasquet) @ 1.87 with Pinnacle (5/10) VOID - Over 22.5 games AH (Izak van der Merwe vs Simon Greul) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle (4/10) LOSS - Thomaz Bellucci (vs Fabio Fognini) x Tommy Robredo (vs Maximo Gonzalez) @ 2.10 with 888sport (4/10) LOSS
Gasquet retired, when well down in the first set, so money back there. Greul crumbled after the first set breaker and couldn't see the line through, while Bellucci lost a quite extraordinary match with Fognini. Relying on others to pull through this week, been a bad 'un.

Yeah I thought Fognini was going to bottle it too. Bellucci just isn't playing well at the minute - far too patchy. Thought he'd do well here but wasn't to be. To be honest' date=' I've had a poor week and if I hadn't followed a few of the other tips here, I'd be in a bit of a hole. If Giraldo and Anderson get to the final of their respective tournaments then I'm in with a chance. Nasty week this, big thumbs-up to those who have done well :ok[/quote'] Feel partially responsible for your Giraldo outright mate as I've backed him and done a few write ups on him this year and looks like his good form is being carried on. Sure that heavily influenced your outright so if he does pull through just buy me a pint or something :tongue2. In all seriousness though reckon your in with a shot with that one. Looks like this year so far, could be where a few players like Giraldo climb the rankings big style. GL :ok.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Think I'll go with Berrer to beat Mayer. I'm not sure but I swear Mayer always wins as a moderate underdog and then nearly always loses as moderate favourite. At least that's the pattern I've gleaned from the last six months of watching him. Berrer is in sharp form and at 13/8 looks a worth a dabble.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 (3/10) A.Mannarino-K.Anderson-under 22.5 @ 2.05 I think that Anderson is a big favorite in this match and he should win.Mannarino played great yesterday but I don't think that he could repeat that game again.Everyone in Johannesburg expect Anderson to win and I think that he is going to win in two sets.Everyone in crowd will support Anderson and judges also. (2/10) G.Garcia-Lopez-I.Dodig-Garcia @ 2.10 Dodig is in he's first semi's and he is at home and that must be a big thing for him,I don't think that he is good enough to beat players from top 30.He beat Ljubicic but Ljubicic played really bad and frankly I think that Ljubicic gave the match to Dodig.Garcia is serious player and he will be the most difficult player that Dodig play's yet.All of this make me think that Dodig might fall a part and loses the match. Good luck to eveyone today.let's hope for a good results.:hope

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 G.Garcia-Lopez-I.Dodig Over 23.5 1.99 Pinnacle GG-Lopez match demands a three setter or at least 12 and 13 games in a two setter but it's very likely to be very even and go the distance. Santiago Giraldo 2-1 4.54 Pinnacle Two italians in a semi. Wow when did that happen last time? To bad I don't think any of them will go to the final. Santiago has shown very good form all year even on hardcourt. Starace can really go missing and be awful after he played good for a set. Feels it's just what's going to happen. Starace can defenitely take a set of Giraldo but I expect him to lose. Tommy Robredo 2-0 1.952 Pinnacle Robredo is great on clay. The surface he does best on. Should have no problems taking out Fognini in two sets. I think the italian has no weapons to hurt Robredo at all. Just a player out of his league.

Think I'll go with Berrer to beat Mayer. I'm not sure but I swear Mayer always wins as a moderate underdog and then nearly always loses as moderate favourite. At least that's the pattern I've gleaned from the last six months of watching him. Berrer is in sharp form and at 13/8 looks a worth a dabble.
I shall probably wait till LIVE, but Berrer is my lean, too. In the yesterday's match with Cilic, Mayer was coughing every now and then, and also his fixed ankle raised questions about how fit is he. Mayer was superb in defence and his sliced forehands made Cilic really mad. Also his serve was pretty solid. But if Misha manages to place his net wolleys accurately, Mayer should have some problems.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Santiago outright Selection Robredo outright Strength 10/10 Date 06/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.25 Reasoning This looks good to me. He's the class of the field and looks to be finding form this year and in this tournament. He struggled a lot in his first match but after coming through that has been moving through the gears. Fognini has had a couple of very tough matches especially a wild one yesterday against Belucci. Robredo should be too solid for him today. Other semi final is very tough to call, but I'd be happy on Robredo against either in the final.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 BIG return from Cornet in this Moscow Fra-Rus FedCup vs Kuznetsova. from 3-6 1st set to 6-3 2nd, tight game in the 3rd, including medical pause. Cornet eventually won the decider. Real LIVE bonanza this match. Odds went forth and back about 6-7 times :D I expect something like this in Clijsters - Oudin. Though Clijsters should win, she had alot of tennis lately and the match should be close. Odds 7+ for Oudin are ridiculous. edit: I was wrong. Now in the 3rd game of 1st set it is obvious that Oudin is simply not there. Should be about double bagel. I am not going to touch it.

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Sport Tennis Event Girlado v Starace Selection Giraldo Strength 10/10 Date 05/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.83 Reasoning Have thought about this for a while, and decided to go for it. Giraldo seems in very good form this year, and good this week. Starace has been pretty good this week, but had a tough game against Zeballos yesterday. Giraldo I think has a big more game, and generally in South America I would prefer him, and I think he'll come through here.

Was waiting for the overs price in that one but of course haven't got a Pinny account so still waiting to see what I can get. In the meantime taken one outright, and might take Tipsarevic with the outright later on. Adrian Mannarino to win SA Open- 11/1 Bet365- (2/10- E/W) The young Frenchman has shown some promise at the start of this season, already beating the likes of Clement, Monaco and Harrison, whilst troubling Gasquet and Almagro at stages in their respective matches. Last season he played the majority of his matches on the hard surfaces, and this is indeed where he had his best results, making 4 finals, and even winning 2 of these. Although these were only challenger events, as a youngster, this is extremely impressive and he managed to qualify for the US open main draw, and even managed a first round win against Riba. Many are tipping this guy as the new French superstar and this could be the year where he matures and comes on. If we look at the draw he faces, he's in the same half as Lopez. Schuettler and Anderson, hence the big odds. But in reality, chances are if all goes as expected, he'll play the Spaniard in the quarters, then one of the other two in the semis, with a chance of playing Tipsarevic most probably in the final. If he does indeed play Lopez in the quarters, he will certainly have a chance there. Lopez's form at the back end of last season and the start of this has been poor. Lost to Tomic last week in the Aussie Open and was also beaten by Anderson easily this year. With regards to Anderson and Rainer, Mannarino beat Anderson in their last meeting and would expect him to beat Schuettler these days. Think Adrian will look at his draw and know he can do some damage here. Think it's worth a punt at those odds though.
LOSS Thought he'd kick on after winning that first set but wasn't to be. Had a chance in the final set to break back but his forehand let him down. Quite annoyed really as this backs up my outright in the US last year where I had Wozniacki at a similiar price only to get beaten in the semis in a match where I could and maybe should have layed her off to guarantee profit. Frustrating but it happens I guess. Looks like Atko has got a winner in the bag though as can't see Devvarman beating Anderson, nor could I have seen him beating Mannarino in truth. Just a final point. Seen this week that most of the calls from the lines have been wrong ones and most challenges are right. Poorest one I saw came a few minutes ago where Anderson was serving for the match. First serve hit the net and the ball landed closer to the baseline rather than the service line. Really poor calls. That's my rant over though :lol

Re: Tennis - January 31 - February 6 Hi mate do not mean to give you a told you so but I would have laid it off to lock in a profit - especially when he went a set up his odds would have dropped like a stone - unlucky mate you did get value for money though backing an 11/1 that got beat in the semis.