** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

SPEED RATINGS

Re: SPEED RATINGS it can get frustrating sometimes how the speed horses form ebbs and flows up and down but thats just their nature ......you have to hold out for when the big winners come along then you get it all back and a nice bit extra ......i mean if that had won yesterday i would have been well over 200pts up and a bit more as it is ive probably broke even on recent bets or just a few points up .......but main thing is i aim to stay level for the duration then when the occasional big winner comes along i shoot forward

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: SPEED RATINGS this is just for reading purposes ...not betting ....the first race at southwell 150 today: la estrella 59 oil magnet 40 mojerr 32 stadium of light 20 wow ....what a sorry bunch of horses ........this is like a snail race with la estrella the quickest of the snails to date .....cant see past the fav LA ESTRELLA in this one but the short price isnt inspiring ,the pace will be undoubtably slow so that leaves the door open for improvers but is the fastest horse on the course to date

Re: SPEED RATINGS also just for reading purposes the 2.20 south : san antonio is 7/4 fav but only recorded a lowly 48 ,there isnt much between nolecce and madame boot on wolverhampton runnings with both recording 80 at wolverhampton ,no lecce recent run was very poor so the ratings say MADAME BOOT is the one to be on today .....good recent run just needs to handle the course (over twice the price of the fav today ) 4/1

Re: SPEED RATINGS in the 2.50 south cape kimberley and tawzeaa dont really have much apart on wolverhampton form ........none of these are brilliant and neither has course form but wolverhampton form seems to holding up ok here so i would expect one of these two to be involved at the finish if not both .tawzeaa is 4 x the price of the fav at 8/1 so is excellent value

Re: SPEED RATINGS wow that really was a poor race .most of the horses looked tired and lacklustre .only course form available was the eventual winner who had recorded a lowly 75 recently .not sure what to make of southwell form as sometimes wolverhampton form works ok but most of the time no form from other courses translates and the average 6f time is 90 some 30lbs behind other courses !!!!!!!im compiling an average set of distance times for future use at southwell and wolverhampton and in future im going to pay more attention to any horse that achieves the average time on that course regardless of other tracks form because there is definately something strange happening at those courses with average times 2.9 below standard at wolv erhampton and 3.5 below standard at southwell so if a horse has run 1.9 below at kempton and another runs 2.8 below at southwell .....8 times out of 10 nthe southwell horse will win when they come to southwell suggesting some sort of speed rating allowance needs to be applied at said courses to bring them in line with lingfield and kempton as i havent seen a single horse run anywhere near the standard 150 time at wolv and southwell since i started this thread ?

Re: SPEED RATINGS bring sweets has some of the best recent course form in the 5.10 ,but is well behind the favs kempton form so we'll see how the two compare today ... average 12f run is -6.0 at southwell .....bring sweets recorded -7.2 recently ,fastinthestraight recorded -0.69 kempton recently so this could be a good benchmark as to how the horses are performing when changing to southwell and i will be watching the times with great interest

Re: SPEED RATINGS and hey presto he has run -3.1 which was the course average i have timed for 1 mile at southwell so this course actually runs some 20 lbs below other courses .....that is horrendous !!!!!!!! but at least i have a new benchmark now for southwell so that will help when making selections in the future just need to do the same at wolverhampton now as i know that course has a form adjustment factor also ...not as bad as southwell but i would estimate something between 10-15 lbs at wolverhampton on present runs

Re: SPEED RATINGS or in real terms lingfield and kempton ride standard ,wolverhampton rides std.slow and southwell rides slow at all times as a standard .so in effect if southwell rides standard /slw officially and you apply a 0.2 per furlong allowance then the average time over 6f at southwell would be -4 as opposed to -1.7 at kempton so form cannot be corrolated between the 2 as they will be miles out !!!!!! or basically only back southwell horses at southwell and only when their time is in with the course average

Re: SPEED RATINGS fastinthestraight never looked comfortable ....either was below parr or just didnt handle the course at all ....finished last so nothing learnt there ....bring sweets the only course form was pipped on the line .....so yet again course form was king .....and the time hasnt been released yet but im betting it was somewhere between -6.0 and -7.0 which is the average for 12 f at southwell

Re: SPEED RATINGS tomorrows 2.20 ling : chjimes has been running really well of late and i expect him to go off fav tomorrow and he will be popular ........he ran a pretty good 132 lto but has a lot to carry off top weight tomorrow so has an adjusted 125 .athakeel has the same rating but the weights have left a big hole for BOLLYWOOD STYLE to creep through ......he impressed last time when behind norville and recorded an very good 135 that day even in 9th position ,has now been foolishly dropped 1lb in the hcap as a result of that 9th so has been seriously overlooked and as a result i would expect a half decent price tomorrow .3/1 would be value so anything better would be excellent bet material

Re: SPEED RATINGS je suis unrockstar is 5/1 in a 5 horse race !!!! (no brainer), bollywood style is 11/2 which is excellent value as clear ice is probably his main protagonist today on the clock and clear praise is 7/4 fav ...which is a little bit cramped but considering recent runs and a good draw today he seems on the upgrade so will be very difficult to beat

Re: SPEED RATINGS clear praise at first glance was very disappointing but in finishing 4th he actually ran to his 144 mark but the other 3 ran faster than him with the winner recording 152 ...... so all 3 horses that finished in front improved dramatically .......suppose it just happens sometimes but he was unlucky to have run to his mark and still lost

Re: SPEED RATINGS 450 southwell thursday CONVINCE ran a very good 117 over 6f here 9 days ago and that puts him on a parr with muqlaad who also ran the same but convince was staying on and 7f looked more to his liking .117 is an excellent 6f time at southwell so if he reproduces that and lasts the extra furlong then should run well e.w bet if prices allow (11/2 is value)

Re: SPEED RATINGS dont normally venture outside the british tracks but spotted this gem at 3.40 meydan : silaah with form figures 112 will probably be fav in this race when prices come out but he only recorded 133 over 6f last time whereas IVER BRIDGE LAD form figures 08 finished 8th in his last race recording an unreal 148 in the process over 7f now drops back to 6f as a result of his crap form figures i expect this horse to be a huge price .......on paper hes about a 5/1 shot but i wouldnt be surprised to see 10/1 or even more on him tomorrow .....he has a definate shout ...e.w if prices allow