** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies > 2011

FCP

Re: International Friendlies > November

2-0 to Brazil. I watched bits of this game on ITV4 and they looked well in control. The pitch was atrocious as has been mentioned but they still tried to play good football. A professional performance. AlexC your correct score bets would have given you a nice profit so I hope you put it on.
Ha, no, I didn't. Was just hoping to maybe help someone else out. Sounds like a very straightforward win, so well done, sure you made a good amount. Regards Belgium, I'm actually staying clear. I know Romania have a few people missing, but I could still see them digging in. Remember in the summer a bunch of us were on Brazil to beat Romania's youth team on the handicap and got stung, when it finished 1-0. If it was a qualifier I'd probably of had a look at the Scots too, but I can't really be bothered with friendlies that don't involve the bigger, more reliable sides (like Spain tomorrow).

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, no, I didn't. Was just hoping to maybe help someone else out. Sounds like a very straightforward win, so well done, sure you made a good amount. Regards Belgium, I'm actually staying clear. I know Romania have a few people missing, but I could still see them digging in. Remember in the summer a bunch of us were on Brazil to beat Romania's youth team on the handicap and got stung, when it finished 1-0. If it was a qualifier I'd probably of had a look at the Scots too, but I can't really be bothered with friendlies that don't involve the bigger, more reliable sides (like Spain tomorrow).
I only put a small single on, but put two doubles on (a small one with Guatemala and a high stakes one with Curacao) so those will give me a nice profit if they come in. :hope

Anyone know the score in the morocco v uganda match??? Livescore says it has yet to kick off, but my bet coupon is saying loss!! Thanks nick
Soccerway says Uganda won 1-0, but Soccerway can be wrong sometimes.

Re: International Friendlies > November Anyone have any info on Russia B v Lithuania B, tomorrow at 10am or 12pm (I forget)? Would of thought a Russian B side would have a few good Russian players, whereas Lithuania's full side doesn't seem to have any of them. Russia 1.50.

Ukraine - Germany Ukraine continue with their preparation games for the incoming Euro finals at home, against one of the biggest tittle candidates IMO - Germany. Ukraine is playing at home and will try to impress the crowd, and to prove that they got chance for something more , especially against such team. They got 7 overs in their last 10 matches here. Also they managed to score 5 goals in last 2 friendlies, beating Bulgaria here 3:0 and Estonia away from home 0:2. Germany showed that is playing serious and motivated even when they were qualified already, and I have no doubts that Germany will play fast and aggressive football as always. In their last 3 fiendlies they got 2 x over 3.5 goals , showing their offensive football, making 2 draws , 2:2 against Denmark and 2:2 against the other hosts of the euro finals - Poland. I expect both sides to create goal festival tonight, scoring more than 3 goals over 3.5 goals 2.80 @ Sportingbet
Very good call Jompy, especially as the Ukranians are known for tight games:clap

Re: International Friendlies > November Bit surprising the lack of talk for the England game. From what I've read, the Spanish will play a full team from the off, with a view to resting the better players for the Costa Rica game. We all know England will rotate. I really do like Spain to win, even though as an England fan hopefully we'll put up a good fight. Probably will take Spain Draw No Bet for a good sized stake, but not sure how ''good sized'' yet.

Bit surprising the lack of talk for the England game. From what I've read, the Spanish will play a full team from the off, with a view to resting the better players for the Costa Rica game. We all know England will rotate. I really do like Spain to win, even though as an England fan hopefully we'll put up a good fight. Probably will take Spain Draw No Bet for a good sized stake, but not sure how ''good sized'' yet.
the same for me :lol yesterday was a good day for me and i must say thankyou to Irish team , because they gave me a big profit so today i will try 100 euro Spain DNB , odds ~ 1.35

Re: International Friendlies > November Sorry I'm posting this so late: But i notice that the referee for the Wales Vs Norway match is Gerhard Grobelnik who loves to dish out the red/yellow cards.i wouldnt touch the booking points in a friendly game but seeing he is in charge its defo worth a bet. http://uk.soccerway.com/referees/gerhard-grobelnik/45352/ So I'm taking William Hill Over 45pts Booking @11/1 Good luck all :hope

Belgio> Romania = 1 (1.72) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Preview: Romania: Absent: Sapunaru (defender 3 / 0), Tamas (defender 8 / 0), Nicola (midfielder 3 / 0), Mutu (attacker 5 / 5), Marica (forward 10 / 3). Friendly game where the hosts are favored. They have many talents in training already established so there is no need for technical experiments, but will play the best training. Romania is present to this game with many absences of relief. The coach for the game is going to make many changes. The Romanian football in recent years has not shone for the lack of talent while the Belgian football has improved a lot with the presence of talented players. In the end I choose the victory of Belgium for several important reasons: the absence of the best players that the Romanian football is able to present and the inconsistency of this team. Quote of the sign 1 down on many books. :hope:hope:hope
Ukraine> Germany = 2 (1.70) Eurobet stake 5 / 10 Preview: Ukraine: absent: Shevchenko, Voronin, Shovkovskiy, Michalik, Chygrynskiy, Hacheridi, Gusev. Germany: out: Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Reus, Klose. Germany is one of the favorites to win the European Championship to be held in 2012 in Poland and Ukraine. Germany won their group without losing a single game. Even the German team in friendlies played only to win. While Ukraine is admitted to the European championship together with Poland because it hosts the tournament. So the Ukrainian team is just doing friendly matches without having the opportunity to test its players in games that have important stimuli. In this game the home team will miss some players and then the end I think it would benefit the German team. :hope:hope:hope
Mexico> Serbia = 1 (1.70) Totosì stake 5 / 10 Preview: Mexico: absent: Rafael Marquez. Serbia: absent: Nemanja Vidic, Dejan Stankovic, Subotic, Pantelic. Mexico will play the friendly match against Serbia at home. Mexico is a good team with good players. While Serbia will be for this game without any players to international level. The atmosphere in the visiting team is not the best, have also changed the coach, but already they are looking for a new coach for the World Cup 2014 qualifiers. In the part of Serbia goalkeeper Stojkovic and on the attack comes to this game with only three strikers Nikola Zigic, Dragan Mrđa, Andrija Kaludjerovic. At the end I think that Mexico will win this game. Quote of the sign 1 down on many books. :hope:hope:hope
Balance: 2/3 Ca$HHHHHHHHH :clap

Maybe be some value in the goals market here. Belgium carry a goal threat, and in their last 19 home games (going back to WC 08 qualifying) they have only failed to score in 3 of those. In the Euro 2012 qualifying, they scored 13 in their 5 homes, netting 4 on 3 occasions. Away from home they scored in all 5, netting 8 in total. In fact the only game they didn't score in was a 1-0 home defeat by Germany. Romania don't normally ship many, however have only 4 clean sheets in their last 13 aways, and two of those were v Luxembourg & San Marino. With a reported weakened team, I will take a chance that Belgiums forwards are on a going day. Push on 2 Belgium goals Small stakes as it's a friendly: 0.5pt Belgium Race to 2 Goals @2.3 - William Hill 0.65pts Belgium Race to 3 goals @4.6 - William Hill
FT 2-1 Push on this, dissapointing considering Belgium lead 2-0 at halftime :\

England vs Spain Spain 10/11 10/10 units
What a hearty performance by England to contain the spanish. The youngsters did a good job today, and a proper old fashioned English display was enough to seal the win. Spain today had alot of ball posession even for their standards, but in the first half failed to create enough clear chances and England defended very well. Second half changed when lampard scored. Spain raised the tempo and created more chances, however they failed to convert with Villa missing an open goal(though off-balance) and Fabregas perhaps should have got at least one goal. Not a pretty win from England, but if you create one chance and take it and contain and block all spain's 22 goal attempts then you're going to win 1 - 0 (obviously, lol).

Anyone have any team news on brazil v Egypt? Also are brazil at home or is it a neutral venue cheers?
The match is being played in Qatar - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15169677.stm The Brazil squad is the same as for the recent 2-0 win over Gabon - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_national_football_team#Current_squad Egypt squad - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt_national_football_team#Current_squad

Re: International Friendlies > November Brazil (probable): Diego Alves, Daniel Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Alex Sandro, Lucas Leiva, Fernandinho, Hernanes, Bruno César, Hulk, Jonas Coach: Mano Menezes Egypt: (to come) Coach: Bob Bradley Date: 14 November 2011 Kickoff: 1500 (Brasília), 1700 (London) Venue: Al Rayyan stadium, Doha, Qatar

Re: International Friendlies > November Brazil> Egypt = 1H (1.95) Eurobet stake 5 / 10 Preview: Brazil: Injured: Kaka (midfielder), Marcelo (defender). Egypt: unavailable: Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (defender), Amr Zaki (striker), Mohamed Aboutrika (midfielder). The game today is a good opportunity to try out new players for the World Cup to be held in 2014 in Brazil. A few days ago, Brazil has played in a friendly against Gabon in winning with a score of 2-0. Egypt with the new coach Bradley will try to do some experiments as the preparation period was very short. Egypt as well as having some absences, will line up in goal keeper Essam El-Elder Hadary. :hope:hope:hope

Re: International Friendlies > November Updated Odds :ok

Monday 14 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brazil v Egypt (17:00 GMT) 1.41 5 11.5 99.62 %
Tuesday 15 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Honduras v Serbia (01:30 GMT) 2.8 3.35 2.84 100.78 %
maximize.gif FYR Macedonia v Albania (12:00 GMT) 2.2 3.35 3.85 101.28 %
maximize.gif Senegal v Côte d'Ivoire (16:00 GMT) 3.5 3.2 1.9 112.20 %
maximize.gif Algeria v Cameroon (17:00 GMT) 2.54 3.45 3 101.69 %
maximize.gif Ghana v Gabon (17:00 GMT) 1.53 3.6 5.5 111.18 %
maximize.gif Zimbabwe v South Africa (17:00 GMT) 3 3.2 2.34 107.32 %
maximize.gif Slovenia v USA (17:15 GMT) 2.46 3.25 3.35 101.27 %
maximize.gif Ukraine v Austria (19:00 GMT) 1.66 3.85 7 100.26 %
maximize.gif Denmark v Finland (19:15 GMT) 1.44 4.8 9.4 100.70 %
maximize.gif Luxembourg v Switzerland (19:15 GMT) 17 7 1.21 102.81 %
maximize.gif Greece v Romania (19:30 GMT) 2.15 3.45 4 100.50 %
maximize.gif Poland v Hungary (19:30 GMT) 2.1 3.4 4.33 100.11 %
maximize.gif Germany v Netherlands (19:45 GMT) 2 3.75 4.2 100.48 %
maximize.gif Italy v Uruguay (19:45 GMT) 2.15 3.35 4 101.36 %
maximize.gif England v Sweden (20:00 GMT) 1.8 3.75 5.4 100.74 %
maximize.gif France v Belgium (20:00 GMT) 1.76 3.75 6 100.15 %
maximize.gif Costa Rica v Spain (21:05 GMT) 17 6 1.29 100.07 %
Wednesday 29 February 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Germany v France (17:00 GMT) 1.96 3.33 3.79 107.44 %

Re: International Friendlies > November Egypt vs Brazil Haven't seen in years such an underish team for a National team of Brazil ... like this Brazil! If we count the number of under 2.5 goals games since 11/09/2010, after the WC basically, we will get 19 games divided in 14 under and 5 over. Brazil is very good in defensive, but has problems with scoring. Egypt is strong in defensive and has a new coach, Bob Bradley, ex coach of USA. He likes discipline and he will try to defend against Brazil. Do not look to that 3-4 that we have seen in 2009 between these two sides, as the teams are totally different than they were. under 2.5 goals @ 2.20 with Coral

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Brazil - Egypt
Selection Brazil -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.29
Reasoning Friendly match who will be playing at neutral venue in Doha, Qatar. Brazil squad seem to be very different according to last Copa but this team started very well four days ago with 2-0 win over Gabon. Brazil squad: Diego Alve, Adriano Correa, Luisao, David Luiz, Fabio, Elias, Hernanes, Sandro, Bruno Cesar, Jonas, Hulk, subtitutes: Lucas Leiva, Alex Sandro, Thiago Silva, Dudu, Willian, Kleber. It is interesting that Brazil won four in a row before this friendly match all that games friendly. On the other hand Egypt are in very bad fit they failed in Africa Nations Cup qualfication finishing on the last place in their group with loss in RSA, Sierra Leone, Niger and draws at home only one win over poor Sierra Leone at home. However Brazil need of that win after disappointing Copa this man who will play today will be well motivate because they are hoping to be elected for the team who will play at World Cup 2014 so this seems to be another Brazil good win.

Re: International Friendlies > November My bet is Brazil - Brazil HT/FT Odds 20/21 at Bet365 Brazil wont have their best team out although let's face it any team Brazil put out is going to give any team a run for their money. I also placed this bet for their match against Gabon which cruised home and could of been more had it of been played on a decent pitch, Good luck all.

Egypt vs Brazil Haven't seen in years such an underish team for a National team of Brazil ... like this Brazil! If we count the number of under 2.5 goals games since 11/09/2010, after the WC basically, we will get 19 games divided in 14 under and 5 over. Brazil is very good in defensive, but has problems with scoring. Egypt is strong in defensive and has a new coach, Bob Bradley, ex coach of USA. He likes discipline and he will try to defend against Brazil. Do not look to that 3-4 that we have seen in 2009 between these two sides, as the teams are totally different than they were. under 2.5 goals @ 2.20 with Coral
Egypt are probably a class above Gabon, and Brazil could only beat Gabon 2-0, so this bet might be decent value.

Egypt are probably a class above Gabon' date=' and Brazil could only beat Gabon 2-0, so this bet might be decent value.[/quote'] Gabon are ranked 68 in FIFA's Official Rankings - whilst Egypt are ranked 29. I totally agree. There is often value in going against popular opinion -and popular opinion always seems to overestimate the amount of goals in Brazil's games. Brazil v Egypt UNDER 3.0 goals @ 1.77 SBObet Stakes returned even if Brazil win 3-0.

Re: International Friendlies > November My pick for tomorrow is simply both teams to score in Italy v Uruguay at 2.00 with Bet365. Both teams have scored in last 5 matches at least, with Uruguay scoring 15 in 5. Luis Suarez scored 4 against Chile and here starts alongside Cavani. Also Italy will go with Balotelli who is in rich form for club and country. Although Italy don't concede too much, I think Ranocchia and Chiellini could be in for a tough night. Confident 9/10. :cheers

Re: International Friendlies > November L.suarez who scored 4 goals against chili will not play against Italy due a injury. Fernandez of malaga will replace him upfront. I think that is a huge blow for uruguay and the home win looks juicy now!

L.suarez who scored 4 goals against chili will not play against Italy due a injury. Fernandez of malaga will replace him upfront. I think that is a huge blow for uruguay and the home win looks juicy now!
How did I miss this!? Thanks man.

Re: International Friendlies > November Serbia vs Honduras Serbia will be without Nemanja Vidic, Dejan Stankovic, Subotic, Pantelic. Serbia is low confident team these days and the contractual conditions are forcing a team that is in searching to perfomr this tournament in South America without a coach. I think none from Serbia will risk their feet for an injury in this type of games. I like Serbians as mentality, but I think would have been better to have a permanent coach by now. Honduras are not a weak team at home and will try at least to stay undefeated. Serbia won against Faroe and in Northern Ireland, but I think Honduras is better than these teams. At least on their home ground. draw @ 3.32 with 5Dimes

Re: International Friendlies > November Great win by England who i really expected to lose against Spain, now i just wanted to say a few words because after a great win over possibly the best team in the world England will do something stupid like stumble against Sweden, thats just the sort of team we are. I'm thinking a draw for this game bearing in mind john terry will be returning as captain we don't really have to much firepower up front with Lampard probably being our biggest goal threat (again) any advice on this game?? thankyou :)