** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 8-14 November

The big event this week is the ATP Paris Masters 1000 event in Bercy. All the big guns are there except Rafael Nadal. It's another indoor hard event on Greenset. Five ATP Challengers come from Ortosei (indoor), Aachen (indoor), Guayaquil (clay), Knoxville (indoor) and Loughborough (indoor). Think the women are done for the year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Three bets for me tomorrow. - Jarkko Nieminen -3.5 games AH (vs Xavier Malisse) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle (7/10) Malisse leads the H2H 2-1 but their last meeting came way back in 2008. The Belgian really isn't finishing the year well. A couple of very average R1 defeats mean that I have to favour Nieminen here, who is in good form after a nice QF berth in Basel. He's playing nice stuff indoors and has won a lot of matches recently, as he's qualified for most events. He's not to far from breaking into the Top 40 and with few ranking points to defend, he's probably got one eye on an Australian Open seeding. This, to me, appears to be a match where one player has lots to go for while the other one doesn't. Nieminen is in really good place at the moment, and I reckon he can cover the line against an out-of-sorts Malisse. - Michael Berrer -3 games AH (vs Fabio Fognini) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (6/10) I lost on Berrer last week but going to trust him here. Fognini is not in the same league as Viktor Troicki on this surface and I reckon the big German will be able to take this. Fognini is a clay courter and doesn't relish the quicker courts. He's a good sparrer but offers too many presents on serve and will be punished by Berrer, who himself serves well and forages to the net often. Fognini also has a hideous record against lefties, so there's an issue there. The German's best results have come indoors this year and he got to the semis of Vienna a few weeks ago, so has some form behind him. They have a 1-1 record in all, but Berrer won the meeting on hard and Fognini won on clay. In these conditions, Berrer has to be my favourite and a handicap victory is achievable. - Radek Stepanek -3.5 games AH (vs Michael Russell) @ 1.935 with Pinnacle (6/10) This is a big week for Stepanek. He got to the semis in Paris last year and therefore has a lorryload of points to defend, which is vital for him if he wants to stay in the Top 40. I don't expect him to emulate last year's success but I'd imagine him to get past Russell. The American is a grafter but doesn't have what it takes to beat decent players indoors. Stepanek is in his element here, as he can attack to his heart's content. You always have a chance on Russell's service games as the American throws in a lot of errors. He also gets tight - just look at his two recent encounters with Sergiy Stakhovsky, where he blew serving for it in each. Stepanek's got enough in his locker to take care of Russell and this handicap. :hope

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Agree with your picks Atko, I wondered why Malisse didn't pull out after death of his mother, he lost momentum at all. Couple of ideas for tomorrow Gasquet vs Mahut U22 @1.935 Pinnacle I doubt Mahut can push Gasquet in two tight sets, probably just one, something like 7-6 6-3. Even considering that he got a wild card and with a won Challenger tournament couple weeks back in Orleans I doubt he can do some serious damage to Gasquet. On the other hand Gasquet hasn't played Paris masters for two last years, in his last performance in 2007 he reached SF, he has no points to defend, so I think he means business here. Considering maybe even taking -4 AH. (De Bakker) vs Giraldo +2 games AH @1.87 Pinnacle Two claycourters meet for a tight even match. They played twice already, both fast courts, 2008 in lyon Giraldo won, and this year Wimbledon where de Bakker won 16-14 in 5th set. I doubt de Bakker would destroy Giraldo, only concern is if Giraldo first serve fails, but considering that he quite easily won against Jouan and Russell in qualifications, I think he will pull it off. (Wawrinka) vs Ouanna +5 games AH @1.606 Pinnacle Odds are low, but if Ouanna manages to serve like he did in two qualification matches, than one tie break is certain, so the handicap looks nice. Small stakes tho.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Istomin @ 1.81 Pinnacle Istomin leads 2-0 h2h, their last meeting was in New Haven this year. Becker did raised his form a bit lately but Istomin looks like a clear favourite here. Hope the injury from Sankt Petersburg is behind him now. Two similar players but Istoming is in better shape and classier player overall. Lopez @ 1.79 Pinnacle Considering Clement's poor form of late i expected less than 1.70 so odds on Lopez are acceptable. Clement lost 3 in a row including loss from Gabashvilli last week in Valencia. Lopez lost 4 on the other hand but his schedule was way tougher. Lopez should win this one.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November

- Jarkko Nieminen -3.5 games AH (vs Xavier Malisse) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle (7/10) WIN - Michael Berrer -3 games AH (vs Fabio Fognini) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (6/10) LOSS - Radek Stepanek -3.5 games AH (vs Michael Russell) @ 1.935 with Pinnacle (6/10) WIN
Decent profit today, although Berrer was a disappointment, can't seem to call him at the moment.

Three bets for me tomorrow. - Jarkko Nieminen -3.5 games AH (vs Xavier Malisse) @ 1.877 with Pinnacle (7/10) Malisse leads the H2H 2-1 but their last meeting came way back in 2008. The Belgian really isn't finishing the year well. A couple of very average R1 defeats mean that I have to favour Nieminen here, who is in good form after a nice QF berth in Basel. He's playing nice stuff indoors and has won a lot of matches recently, as he's qualified for most events. He's not to far from breaking into the Top 40 and with few ranking points to defend, he's probably got one eye on an Australian Open seeding. This, to me, appears to be a match where one player has lots to go for while the other one doesn't. Nieminen is in really good place at the moment, and I reckon he can cover the line against an out-of-sorts Malisse. - Michael Berrer -3 games AH (vs Fabio Fognini) @ 1.909 with Pinnacle (6/10) I lost on Berrer last week but going to trust him here. Fognini is not in the same league as Viktor Troicki on this surface and I reckon the big German will be able to take this. Fognini is a clay courter and doesn't relish the quicker courts. He's a good sparrer but offers too many presents on serve and will be punished by Berrer, who himself serves well and forages to the net often. Fognini also has a hideous record against lefties, so there's an issue there. The German's best results have come indoors this year and he got to the semis of Vienna a few weeks ago, so has some form behind him. They have a 1-1 record in all, but Berrer won the meeting on hard and Fognini won on clay. In these conditions, Berrer has to be my favourite and a handicap victory is achievable. - Radek Stepanek -3.5 games AH (vs Michael Russell) @ 1.935 with Pinnacle (6/10) This is a big week for Stepanek. He got to the semis in Paris last year and therefore has a lorryload of points to defend, which is vital for him if he wants to stay in the Top 40. I don't expect him to emulate last year's success but I'd imagine him to get past Russell. The American is a grafter but doesn't have what it takes to beat decent players indoors. Stepanek is in his element here, as he can attack to his heart's content. You always have a chance on Russell's service games as the American throws in a lot of errors. He also gets tight - just look at his two recent encounters with Sergiy Stakhovsky, where he blew serving for it in each. Stepanek's got enough in his locker to take care of Russell and this handicap. :hope
Nice work Atko. :clapFollowed you on Berrer and Stepanek so made a small loss myself. :\

Nice work Atko. :clapFollowed you on Berrer and Stepanek so made a small loss myself. :\
Come on Atko, just two of three? Whats wrong with you :spank:lol This Stepanek was really free money, haven't seen for quite a long time someone bad as this Russel. No quality, no fight, no intense, no nothing.. Completely uninterested not for winning, even for playing. Shame for us bettors that year is over with guys like this one.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Sport Tennis Event Youzhny v Gulbis Selection Lay Gulbis (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.59 Reasoning Not sure where Youzhny is at the moment. Winning matches, but doesn't seem to be playing well since US. But he's got a shot at London, and should be motivated to try to qualify for London. He's done well at this event before and I like him here. Gulbis has been struggling for a while, and doesn't have anything to play for. He got through round 1 on a Chela retirement, which doesn't mean much. Decent edge for Youzhny here I feel. Sport Tennis Event Monaco v Querrey Selection Monaco Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.34 Reasoning Worried about the pace of the courts, but apart from that really like Monaco here. He's in some solid form the last couple of tournaments, and has played OK in this tournament the last couple of years. Querrey isn't doing anything, and seems to just be getting tournaments out of the way. Sport Tennis Event Stakhovsky v Marchenko Selection Marchenko Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.25 Reasoning Easy to go against Stakhovsky here, he seems in a real funk lately. Poor performances and not getting wins. Marchenko had a good week in St Petersburg and got 2 wins in qualifying for this tournament, and in general seems in better shape at the moment than Stakhovsky. Sport Tennis Event Verdasco v Clement Selection Clement Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.07 Reasoning Verdasco is really struggling, has a chance for O2 but doesn't seem up for it. He's also struggling with a back injury, and I don't like him here. Clement is another that has been struggling, but he did beat Lopez in round 1. He's got an outside chance of French Davis Cup team, and playing in Paris courts are quick enough for his game I think he can win this. Sport Tennis Event Simon v Golubev Selection Lay Golubev (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 3.01 Reasoning Don't see many problems for Simon here. He's run into some nice form, looking to get his ranking up and the France Davis Cup team. Also in Paris, so a lot of positives for him. Golubev had a good win in Kuala Lumpar but hasn't been able to push on since. I think this match up will work for Simon, he won't let Golubev get into his game and I see Simon coming through comfortably. Sport Tennis Event Stepanek v Almagro Selection Lay Almagro (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.59 Reasoning On these courts, it has to be Stepanek. He's got a very solid record here, reaching a final and two semi finals including last year. His groundstrokes actually get through to court and he can serve/volley to his hearts content! He won't give Almagro any time and I think he'll have a lot of problems with the match up. Not sure how Almagro is playing, but he had a shocker against Ginemo Traver last week. Stepanek too good in these conditions I feel.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Does anybody know if Thomas Muster will play anymore tournament this year. Can't find him in any draw for this week scheduled challengers... Also, one more bird less in this great sport. I guess he realize after last few weeks it's better to quit, even he made astonishing comeback after hard injury. Congrats for career :clap http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2010/11/Other/Dent-Announces-Retirement.aspx

Sport Tennis Event Youzhny v Gulbis Selection Lay Gulbis (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.59 Reasoning Not sure where Youzhny is at the moment. Winning matches, but doesn't seem to be playing well since US. But he's got a shot at London, and should be motivated to try to qualify for London. He's done well at this event before and I like him here. Gulbis has been struggling for a while, and doesn't have anything to play for. He got through round 1 on a Chela retirement, which doesn't mean much. Decent edge for Youzhny here I feel. Sport Tennis Event Monaco v Querrey Selection Monaco Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.34 Reasoning Worried about the pace of the courts, but apart from that really like Monaco here. He's in some solid form the last couple of tournaments, and has played OK in this tournament the last couple of years. Querrey isn't doing anything, and seems to just be getting tournaments out of the way. Sport Tennis Event Stakhovsky v Marchenko Selection Marchenko Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.25 Reasoning Easy to go against Stakhovsky here, he seems in a real funk lately. Poor performances and not getting wins. Marchenko had a good week in St Petersburg and got 2 wins in qualifying for this tournament, and in general seems in better shape at the moment than Stakhovsky. Sport Tennis Event Verdasco v Clement Selection Clement Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.07 Reasoning Verdasco is really struggling, has a chance for O2 but doesn't seem up for it. He's also struggling with a back injury, and I don't like him here. Clement is another that has been struggling, but he did beat Lopez in round 1. He's got an outside chance of French Davis Cup team, and playing in Paris courts are quick enough for his game I think he can win this. Sport Tennis Event Simon v Golubev Selection Lay Golubev (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 3.01 Reasoning Don't see many problems for Simon here. He's run into some nice form, looking to get his ranking up and the France Davis Cup team. Also in Paris, so a lot of positives for him. Golubev had a good win in Kuala Lumpar but hasn't been able to push on since. I think this match up will work for Simon, he won't let Golubev get into his game and I see Simon coming through comfortably. Sport Tennis Event Stepanek v Almagro Selection Lay Almagro (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.59 Reasoning On these courts, it has to be Stepanek. He's got a very solid record here, reaching a final and two semi finals including last year. His groundstrokes actually get through to court and he can serve/volley to his hearts content! He won't give Almagro any time and I think he'll have a lot of problems with the match up. Not sure how Almagro is playing, but he had a shocker against Ginemo Traver last week. Stepanek too good in these conditions I feel.
For me everything looks shaky for tomorrow, and after today huge free money for Stepanek I could take one day for rest my nerves. Maybe will try with him again, but just to notice everyone who haven't seen first round he didn't play nothing special.. This Russell is pure crap, something I haven't see for some time... In every case, good luck Cramer. Your posts about weekend fedcup help me to clear my thoughts and make some money with Italy win :clap

Gasquet vs Mahut U22 @1.935 Pinnacle LOST (De Bakker) vs Giraldo +2 games AH @1.87 Pinnacle WON (Wawrinka) vs Ouanna +5 games AH @1.606 Pinnacle WON
Decent score today. Gonna look into Querrey tomorrow. Decent odds on him. Fast court, nice serve, if he plays on usual level, claycourter Monaco will lose. Currently @ 1.7 (local) seems to me like a good value. Kohlschrieber seems like a winner against Belluci. Think Phillip has overcome his injury by now and can win this with a solid handicap against Belluci who once more returns from Brazil and clay to Europe and hardcourts.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Ouanna bet wouldn't have won mate, you'd only have got a push, as the +5 games hit the line. Nothing for me today, despite a vast number of matches. I think a lot of the handicaps are too low, so will sit this one out. Have a good one :ok

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Sergiy Stakhovsky v Illya Marchenko Stakhovsky -1.5 1.90 bet365 Stak to win it for me. About showing why he's the best Ukraine player. Bad form but still he has better game and can win over nothing special Marchenko while covering -1.5. Andrey Golubev v Gilles Simon Gilles Simon -3.5 1.83 bet365 Simon should have enough left in the tank to win and cover this against out-of form Golubev. Ernests Gulbis v Mikhail Youzhny Youzhny -2.5 1.83 No reason to not back a London contender on his favorite surface with a small 2.5 hcp vs nothing-going-on-as-usual-and-my-ranking-is-lying Gulbis. A player who has done nothing since he got some injury after Madrid masters.

Ouanna bet wouldn't have won mate, you'd only have got a push, as the +5 games hit the line. Nothing for me today, despite a vast number of matches. I think a lot of the handicaps are too low, so will sit this one out. Have a good one :ok
I just logged to ask something about handicaps (As I'm in some researches about it...) and you already helped Atko :ok I have one problem and few questions and I'm sure someone will find the answer. Yesterday all around the bookies handicap on Ouanna was settled at +4,5 with odds about 1,85, more or less. In our local bookies we have small and big handicaps and yesterday margin was +5,5 with odds 1,55-1,60. Of course result was 5 gems difference as betting is mother of all screw-ups :) Does anybody know some bookmaker that offers bigger range of this handicaps (bigger margin with smaller odds)? At least this one that you played Atko, you get your money back after all... Thanks to everybody for contribution :hope Just to add, these are the bookies I follow and neither of them offered better of +4,5.
188bet
888sport
bet at home
bet365
betfair
betfred
betsson
bodog
centrebet
expekt
interwetten
ladbrokes
nordicbet
paddypower
pinnacle
sbobet
sportingbet
stanjames
unibet

I just logged to ask something about handicaps (As I'm in some researches about it...) and you already helped Atko :ok I have one problem and few questions and I'm sure someone will find the answer. Yesterday all around the bookies handicap on Ouanna was settled at +4,5 with odds about 1,85, more or less. In our local bookies we have small and big handicaps and yesterday margin was +5,5 with odds 1,55-1,60. Of course result was 5 gems difference as betting is mother of all screw-ups :) Does anybody know some bookmaker that offers bigger range of this handicaps (bigger margin with smaller odds)? At least this one that you played Atko, you get your money back after all... Thanks to everybody for contribution :hope
I'd say the best way to get an edge on the handicaps is own several accounts. Pinnacle are the best for offering handicaps on all ATP and WTA Tour events but as a result, they often monopolise the market. Paddy Power and Sportingbet do decent handicaps too but normally for ATP 500 and 1000 series events. It's rare to see online bookies offer more than once choice of handicap (in my experience, there may be some but I haven't found them) but the ones that do often fluctuate widly between each other. For example, you could get -4 on Wawrinka (I hit that last night as a late interest bet) in one place but -5.5 at another. I prefer just to have two accounts (Pinnacle and Stans) and play around with them, as they suffice for my needs, but having a larger stable of accounts means you can get an edge on the bookie, especially with handicaps.

I'd say the best way to get an edge on the handicaps is own several accounts. Pinnacle are the best for offering handicaps on all ATP and WTA Tour events but as a result, they often monopolise the market. Paddy Power and Sportingbet do decent handicaps too but normally for ATP 500 and 1000 series events. It's rare to see online bookies offer more than once choice of handicap (in my experience, there may be some but I haven't found them) but the ones that do often fluctuate widly between each other. For example, you could get -4 on Wawrinka (I hit that last night as a late interest bet) in one place but -5.5 at another. I prefer just to have two accounts (Pinnacle and Stans) and play around with them, as they suffice for my needs, but having a larger stable of accounts means you can get an edge on the bookie, especially with handicaps.
Can you name exact bookies when you found those handicaps you mentioned about that match? I found -4 and -4,5 in most of them but not higher, for example -5,5/-6/-6,5... Regarding the number of account I agree with you completely, one is not enough but more than five or six is to much and necessary imho. For example, I put 80% of my bets on Betfair and I take all of this on list just for research to find out where to open some additional accounts after all of this...

Sport Tennis Not sure where Youzhny is at the moment. Winning matches, but doesn't seem to be playing well since US. But he's got a shot at London, and should be motivated to try to qualify for London. He's done well at this event before and I like him here. Gulbis has been struggling for a while, and doesn't have anything to play for. He got through round 1 on a Chela retirement, which doesn't mean much. Decent edge for Youzhny here I feel. My strategy for backing players with a chance for London backfired last week with Vedasco.Only 2 London qualifiers interest me and thats Roddick and Ferrer.

Of your bets only Simon and Clement interest me. The rest are tricky, Monaco could trouble Querrey but if Sam gets his serve in it could be over quickly as all he will need is one break in each set as Monaco wont get anything from his serve.Remeber Roddick beat him on tie breaks last week, and Roddick has an impressive serve. I would look to the overs market in this game if you can get one.

I like Stephanek to beat Amalgro, Spaniard lost me money last week but Stephanek is on my streaky player list even though he has been great in the last few weeks.

I like Marchenko to beat Stakhy as he is in ridiculous form but you know these matches between country man, senior always wins, so no bet for me.

I want to go against Vedasco but does anyone know Clement’s record against Lefties?

GL:hope

Marcel Granollers v David Nalbandian Under 20.5 1.83 bet365 I'm a bit unsure about the handicap and this feels possible if Nalby does his job. Granollers should be tired and pose as smaller threat then he did in Montpellier 2 weeks ago when he lost and it was exactly 20 games. Sergiy Stakhovsky v Illya Marchenko Stakhovsky -1.5 1.90 bet365 Stak to win it for me. About showing why he's the best Ukraine player. Bad form but still he has better game and can win over nothing special Marchenko while covering -1.5. Andrey Golubev v Gilles Simon Gilles Simon -3.5 1.83 bet365 Simon should have enough left in the tank to win and cover this against out-of form Golubev. Ernests Gulbis v Mikhail Youzhny Youzhny -2.5 1.83 No reason to not back a London contender on his favorite surface with a small 2.5 hcp vs nothing-going-on-as-usual-and-my-ranking-is-lying Gulbis. A player who has done nothing since he got some injury after Madrid masters.
WIN WIN LOSS VOID Only small profit..

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Sport Tennis Event Berdych v Serra Selection Serra Strength 10/10 Date 09/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.10 Reasoning Tough game to consider, but in the end this is just about going against Berdych. The price reflects the slump he's in, but he really is playing bad. He's done nothing since his excellent runs at French Open and Wimbledon, and the last two tournaments have been weak losses to Nieminen and Kamke where he could barely hit the court. Serra is OK, Frenchie at home so give him a chance, and came through a tough match in round 1. Tough to make Berdych favourite against anybody at the moment.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Sport Tennis Event Wawrinka v Ljubicic Selection Ljubicic Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.25 Reasoning Finding it hard to consider Ljubicic as the outsider here. Give him edge of form, and generally edge indoors. Especially with the pace of these new courts should really help him on serve and getting his groudstrokes going through the court. Saw Wawrinka in round 1 against Ouanna who is very limited and wasn't impressed by Wawrinkas play. Sport Tennis Event Murray v Nalbandian Selection Nalbandian Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.79 Reasoning Murray matches seem hard to call the past few months, but in this one I don't fancy him. Him form has been up and down and coming in first match here he's going to have to be sharp right away. Nalbandian can find form indoors and start playing god like tennis, as he has done in this tournament before. He was very good against Granollers and seems fresh at this stage of the season after missing chunks of it. I really like Nalbandian in this match and the price seems good enough. Sport Tennis Event Davydenko v Bellucci Selection Lay Bellucci (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.16 Reasoning Davydenko hasn't been in top form lately but he should still take this comfortably. He showed signs of improvement last week and these courts should suit him a lot more than Bellucci. Bellucci is really poor indoors, he came through against Kohlschreiber but the German played a horrible match. Davy should be a solid favourite for tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November I'm finding a lot of the matches tough in terms of finding the right selection and the right price. I thought about David Nalbandian and Marin Cilic on the handicaps but Paris is quite often a week to enjoy the tennis and leave the gambling to one side. Therefore, I've only hit one fairly small selection tomorrow. - Michael Llodra (vs John Isner) @ 2.09 with Pinnacle (4/10) I know Isner beat the Frenchman in Basel last week but Llodra really should have won that one. He was 30-0 up when serving for the match and ballsed it up. I think that shows that he can get the measure of Isner and I expect a much more composed performance here. Llodra's on home soil and playing in conditions that really suit him - he enjoys the quick courts and indoor conditions. Isner is not a good returner so Llodra should get plenty of joy on serve and volley. In addition, Llodra needs to keep his form up ahead of the Davis Cup, as he is contention for a singles berth against Serbia. Isner hasn't really pulled up any trees since the US Open and Americans seem to have a habit of playing poorly in France in recent times. Andy Roddick has a poor record here and Sam Querrey went out today. Definitely an element of chance involved but I think Llodra can finish the job on home soil. :hope

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Watched giraldo play de Bakker few days back and although he won the match he wasn't exactly awe inspiring! So I shall be goon for melzer 2-0 in sets . Got a few quid on at evens on betfair so maybe some more will become available and il lump on. I rate melzer and I'm sure he will work giraldo out and do him in 2 sets.

Sport Tennis Event Wawrinka v Ljubicic Selection Ljubicic Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.25 Reasoning Finding it hard to consider Ljubicic as the outsider here. Give him edge of form, and generally edge indoors. Especially with the pace of these new courts should really help him on serve and getting his groudstrokes going through the court. Saw Wawrinka in round 1 against Ouanna who is very limited and wasn't impressed by Wawrinkas play. Sport Tennis Event Murray v Nalbandian Selection Nalbandian Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.79 Reasoning Murray matches seem hard to call the past few months, but in this one I don't fancy him. Him form has been up and down and coming in first match here he's going to have to be sharp right away. Nalbandian can find form indoors and start playing god like tennis, as he has done in this tournament before. He was very good against Granollers and seems fresh at this stage of the season after missing chunks of it. I really like Nalbandian in this match and the price seems good enough. Sport Tennis Event Davydenko v Bellucci Selection Lay Bellucci (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 10/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.16 Reasoning Davydenko hasn't been in top form lately but he should still take this comfortably. He showed signs of improvement last week and these courts should suit him a lot more than Bellucci. Bellucci is really poor indoors, he came through against Kohlschreiber but the German played a horrible match. Davy should be a solid favourite for tomorrow.
For all of you who are considering Murray match and for all of those (including me) who followed him vs Monaco I saw today some conversation with him where he admitted in "nice way" he was tanking that match because it would be to much for him to play singles and doubles in week before masters. As he is always at his best vs stronger opponents and those that he admire, I would be careful with this one imho. Good luck anyway :hope