** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - 8-14 November

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November

Sport Tennis Event Roddick - Soderling Selection TB in first set Strength 10/10 Date 12/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.75 Reasoning Odds are really good and I see value in this option. Roddick in two matches here give only one chance to break for rivals, but off course hold it. Won 80% points at the serve, make 21 aces and any double faults. Roddick the best weapon is serve off course. Play on TB here. Soderling is better player from the baseline, but too have incredible serve - no doubts in this. Won 67% points at the serve, concended two serve games, make 18 aces. Play one TB here. In h2h 4 matches and in this match 5 TBs.. Why not today in first set?
I was also thinking about this one. Other then this nothing really catches my eye today.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also thinking about this one. Other then this nothing really catches my eye today.
Definitely!!! I think there was only one match yesterday and Wednesday that didn't go to a tie break and this match looks toe break heaven!! Think it's nearly evens for just tie break at any time on betfair! Whoop

Sport Tennis
Event Nikolay Davydenko v Paris
Selection Davydenko to win Paris
Strength 3/10
Date 15/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 16.10
Reasoning Well, Nikolay Davydenko didn't impressed for a long period with his tennis, but certain here at Paris he is playing some great tennis, I will say that he is playing very closed to that tennis from last year from Shanghai when he was simple incredible on the court. Nikolay Davydenko is a very talented player, he can compete against the best top players from the ATP Tour, against Federer, against Nadal or any other else. Nikolay Davydenko's style of playing is unique as his style is based on a great tempo and great attacking skills. Davydenko has played two games here at Paris and in both games he has showed a good form which is the most important asepct for a player like him. Also a very important fact to mentionate here is that the motivation is at high level for the russian to win Paris as in this way he will have the chance to play at London. Nikolay Davydenko is a player who can play great tennis when he is motivated and right now is the perfect time to go on his side. All in all, Davydenko has showed and proved that he can play amazing tennis last year at Shanghai and now that he is so motivated and playing with a very good form, I will say that he is so so underrated by the bookies with these crazy odds. Good Luck!

Sport Tennis
Event Nikolay Davydenko v Michael Llodra
Selection Davydenko (-1.5) Set H (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price SBOBet @ 2.81
Reasoning Michael Llodra really impressed yesterday with his style of playing, the way he has won against Djokovic was the nice suprise of the day, but today he will play against Nikolay Davydenko, another very tough task. I could say that Llodra di very well and indeed this is the true, but lets not forget about Novak Djokovic's errors from yesterday as he didn't played his best tennis thats for sure. Djokovic's return didn't worked well yesterday against Llodra. Davydenko is the player who from the class point of view is just clear over Llodra's level, much better and complete player who is very underrated in this tournament despite he is playing very nice tennis with a nice form. Llodra is overrated while Davydenko is underrated even more, the value comes from both sides here and IMO this is pick of the day as the right odds on the russian side should be not higher than 1.30. There much more about Davydenko as he is playing another level of tennis certain here at Paris if to compare with his many previous tournaments where he didn't impressed too much. All in all, huge value on the russian's side here, I wanted to write a preview yestrday on Davydenko against Berdych but lacked time, lets not lose at least this great chance. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November what is the point of having strength when all of them are 10/10????? anyways im taking llodra. he has played really really well this tournament. if he could play indoor hard court all season and in france, he would be a top 10 player. his serve and volley right now is bar none and i look for him to beat donkey.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Monfils to beat Murray @Pinnacle 3.04 Murray should not be here already. Yesterday he was lucky to go past Cilic, who choked big time the first set. Also, there are doubts about Andy's health, especially his right wrist. Last but not least, if he goes too far in Paris, he will be too tired next week, so I would say today is great opportunity for him to lose to home quality player. Djoko was smart enough to do that one round earlier :-) Monfils for sure to win this one. :hope

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Sport Tennis Event Monfils - Murray Selection TB in first set Strength 10/10 Date 12/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.33 Reasoning Odds are really good and I see value in this option. Monfils in last match had some outstanding inspiration when playing. I am not surprised if the bookies are underestimating this option. Only once have this happened and it was in French open 5 years ago so I might look like a fool after first set to.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Murray A. - Monfils G. Pick:Monfils G. Odds:3.12 Bookmaker:>10bet Stake:6 Murray played yesterday an awful match vs Cilic who is lately very poor but he almost won the match.Murray in the end succeeded to win but I am sure that he got exhausted.Murray needs to get rest for the Masters in London.There are even some doubts that Murray is injured he has some problems with his right wrist.But even if that is not true I really believe that Monfils will take this one.The main reason is as I mentioned Masters in London this is perfect opportunity for him to loose.Monfils is playing in front of his crowd and he will surely give his best and I personally believe that he will grab this perfect opportunity.

Well, Nikolay Davydenko didn't impressed for a long period with his tennis, but certain here at Paris he is playing some great tennis, I will say that he is playing very closed to that tennis from last year from Shanghai when he was simple incredible on the court. Nikolay Davydenko is a very talented player, he can compete against the best top players from the ATP Tour, against Federer, against Nadal or any other else. Nikolay Davydenko's style of playing is unique as his style is based on a great tempo and great attacking skills. Davydenko has played two games here at Paris and in both games he has showed a good form which is the most important asepct for a player like him. Also a very important fact to mentionate here is that the motivation is at high level for the russian to win Paris as in this way he will have the chance to play at London. Nikolay Davydenko is a player who can play great tennis when he is motivated and right now is the perfect time to go on his side. All in all, Davydenko has showed and proved that he can play amazing tennis last year at Shanghai and now that he is so motivated and playing with a very good form, I will say that he is so so underrated by the bookies with these crazy odds. Good Luck!
Sport Tennis
Event Nikolay Davydenko v Paris
Selection Davydenko to win Paris
Strength 3/10
Date 15/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 16.10
Reasoning Well, Nikolay Davydenko didn't impressed for a long period with his tennis, but certain here at Paris he is playing some great tennis, I will say that he is playing very closed to that tennis from last year from Shanghai when he was simple incredible on the court. Nikolay Davydenko is a very talented player, he can compete against the best top players from the ATP Tour, against Federer, against Nadal or any other else. Nikolay Davydenko's style of playing is unique as his style is based on a great tempo and great attacking skills. Davydenko has played two games here at Paris and in both games he has showed a good form which is the most important asepct for a player like him. Also a very important fact to mentionate here is that the motivation is at high level for the russian to win Paris as in this way he will have the chance to play at London. Nikolay Davydenko is a player who can play great tennis when he is motivated and right now is the perfect time to go on his side. All in all, Davydenko has showed and proved that he can play amazing tennis last year at Shanghai and now that he is so motivated and playing with a very good form, I will say that he is so so underrated by the bookies with these crazy odds. Good Luck!
you must be joking with that one.. you surely didn't watch any davydenko's game. Really bad performance against berdych who should have won that match in straigt sets

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Good afternoon, try for a good evening too Sport Tennis Event Federer v Melzer Selection Federer -5 games Strength 10/10 Date 13/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.44 Reasoning Looks a big price on handicap here. Federer is very impressive the past few weeks and looks good in the quick conditions. Melzer can be tricky, but I don't see him at a high level at the moment. He lost serve 5 times against Ferrer and I think Federer will punish his serve and take this comfortably. Sport Tennis Event Murray v Monfils Selection Lay Monfils (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 12/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 3.16 Reasoning I've backed against Murray twice this week, and I see this match being easier than those. He's not in top form, but I think here the match up will really suit and help him play well. This is a great match up for Murray, he can play the defensive game with Monfils and has more attacking options. Monfils has struggled a lot this week, and doesn't seem to be hitting a high level. Crowd will help, but feel that is a big influence on the price, and Monfils doesn't justify being this low.

what is the point of having strength when all of them are 10/10????? anyways im taking llodra. he has played really really well this tournament. if he could play indoor hard court all season and in france, he would be a top 10 player. his serve and volley right now is bar none and i look for him to beat donkey.
thank you! 1-0 now im a contributor. you dont have to play everyday at 10/10 strength, it is for amateurs. pick and choose your spots.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Stupid Murray bet:wall. Well done those on Monfils:ok Sport Tennis Event Soderling v Llodra Selection Llodra Strength 10/10 Date 13/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.62 Reasoning Just have t back Llodra at odds against. He's playing the tennis of his life and loving the court and the crowd. Soderling played good against Roddick but think Llodra is a bad match up for him. Llodra will use all the court and not give Soderling the time to get into his rythem. Head 2 head is 2-0 to Llodra both on indoor hard courts.

Murray A. - Monfils G. Pick:Monfils G. Odds:3.12 Bookmaker:>10bet Stake:6 Murray played yesterday an awful match vs Cilic who is lately very poor but he almost won the match.Murray in the end succeeded to win but I am sure that he got exhausted.Murray needs to get rest for the Masters in London.There are even some doubts that Murray is injured he has some problems with his right wrist.But even if that is not true I really believe that Monfils will take this one.The main reason is as I mentioned Masters in London this is perfect opportunity for him to loose.Monfils is playing in front of his crowd and he will surely give his best and I personally believe that he will grab this perfect opportunity.
2-6,6-2,3-6 1:2 :clap:cheers

Monfils to beat Murray @Pinnacle 3.04 Murray should not be here already. Yesterday he was lucky to go past Cilic, who choked big time the first set. Also, there are doubts about Andy's health, especially his right wrist. Last but not least, if he goes too far in Paris, he will be too tired next week, so I would say today is great opportunity for him to lose to home quality player. Djoko was smart enough to do that one round earlier :-) Monfils for sure to win this one. :hope
Great stuff!!

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Roger Federer -4 AH vs Gael Monfils. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Funny thing about Federer is that prior to this week he had never been past 1/4finals in this tournament. Now he's into the semies and will most likely win the title. Monfils has been very disappointing this week. He's been lazy and playing too much passive tennis. Federer on the other hand has been on fire. 4 games handicap is bargain in my opinion. Federer should get rid of Monfils without any problems. Michael Llodra to beat Robin Soderling. 2.65 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Llodra for no reason underrated big time here. He's destroyed both Davydenko and Djokovic in previous rounds and is ready to go against Soderling as well. Llodra has beaten him both times they've played and both matches were on this surface which is the favorite one for both players. Remember backing Llodra in their match in Rotterdam earlier this year. The Frenchman did the job and Soderling had very little of play on Llodra's serve. Should be close one, probably with tie-break or two. Fancy Llodra to continue his great run and knock out Soderling, too.

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Nothing for me again today this week. and I suspect that's the tennis season over for me. I'll be going to the World Tour Finals in London in a few weeks time so I won't be betting there. It's been a good year on this forum for tennis with many fine tips from a lot of posters. Hopefully that'll continue next season. All the best :ok

Michael Llodra to beat Robin Soderling. 2.65 @ Pinnacle (5/10) [..snip..]
Going for Llodra as well - and here is one additional reason that did apply yesterday for Murray as well, but I did not realized it until the match was over: If Soderling wins, he faces the prospect of playing final with Federer. He would be most likely beaten in this match. And the very next week he will face Federrer again with a fresh loss. That sounds like a bad scenario that must be avoided.

Sport Tennis
Event Gael Monfils vs. Robin Soderling
Selection Monfils
Strength 10/10
Date 14/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.19
Reasoning Well, a very interesting final here as both players are very closed to each other's level. At the first sight it is very difficult to find a difference between Robin Soderling and Gael Monfils, or to find something that could favour somebody. But, behind the class difference between these two players form should be a word with importance in a game like this. Well, from the form point of view I will say that Monfils did looked not by much, but a litter bit better certain here at Paris as he has played with a more reduced number of errors. Another aspect of this final is that Gael Monfils is playing at home and that should surely be an advantage for him as it is well known that the french players are playing well on their own country. Soderling leads 2-0 at head-to-head against Gael Monfils, he has defeated even the frenchman recently at Valencia but I have to mentionate that Gael has played clear under his real level in that game. Maybe this is also a reason for these odds on Monfils, but I have to disagree with his defeat from Valenica as in one game everything is possible and here is another tournament, another form and another situation in the end. Of course that this fianl should be a very tough one for both players, but I have to disagree with Robin Soderling's position of favourite as is not a better player than Monfils and also he won't play at home. All in all, Soderling didn't impressed too much against Llodra while Monfils did showed some great tennis on the court against Federer, his serve worked very well adn not only while Soderling has played with quite many errors in his last game. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis - 8-14 November Monfils vs Soderling - over 23.5 @ Pinnacle 1.909 I placed the bet yesterday, in the meanwhile the price has dropped to 1.781. I think this is the only bet that clearly has a significant chance. IMO there are two possible scenarios - Monfils is physically and mentally exhausted after his yesterday's performance against Federer and will collapse, so Soderling easy wins in two straight sets. Or he will use the home soil motivation and his youth to get across the fatigue, in which case we shall have a tight epic match with matchpoints on both sides. As I prefer not to underestimate Monfils ability to regenerate, I pick the second option.

Monfils vs Soderling - over 23.5 @ Pinnacle 1.909 I placed the bet yesterday, in the meanwhile the price has dropped to 1.781. I think this is the only bet that clearly has a significant chance. IMO there are two possible scenarios - Monfils is physically and mentally exhausted after his yesterday's performance against Federer and will collapse, so Soderling easy wins in two straight sets. Or he will use the home soil motivation and his youth to get across the fatigue, in which case we shall have a tight epic match with matchpoints on both sides. As I prefer not to underestimate Monfils ability to regenerate, I pick the second option.
Unfortunately, the first option proved to be true. Luckily enough I managed to clear the loss in live betting in the 2nd set where Pinny had odds 1.28 for Soda. One rule for the next season - never ever bet in a Monfils match.