Tennis 4-10/october

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 4-10/october

ATP Beijing doubles: Fyrstenberg/Matkowski > Fish/Knowles @ Pinnacle 1.962 (7/10) WTF is going on here? Only yesterday Fish retired due to left ankle injury, and two days after that he is ready for doubles match? Moreover, H2H is 1-0 in favour of Poland, Frystenberg/Matkowski just were in Kuala Lumpur final (losing to Cermak/Mertinak), and were in quarterfinal at US Open, so this looks like a no brainer to me. GL :hope
No Fish was not ready for any doubles :eyes Walkover again quite understable since Fish retired due to left ankle injury against Djokovic.

No Fish was not ready for any doubles :eyes Walkover again quite understable since Fish retired due to left ankle injury against Djokovic.
Expected it, but why they did wait two days keeping the match on the schedule and in the books is beyond me.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Wozniacki is banged up pretty good on her ankle and knee and might retire next match. If Wozniacki wins next match she will most likely have to face Zvonareva for the title who beat Wozniacki in this years US open semi final. Zvonareva is hard to stop as a runaway train right now so I seriously doubt anyone can stop her from winning the title.

davydenko @ 1.70 betfair this looks fine, i ddin't expected better than 1.70 on kolya. he already defeated one big server in the last round, cilic, and now he's facing another. denko is usually a bad matchup for those one dimensional big servers like isner here because of his great defensive skills and great baseline shots. isner defeated kohlschreiber in 3 sets yesterday, it was his second match after uso where he lost to youzhny. his form is nothing special, he depends too much on his serve and denko will be there to wait for his weaker service game. dont have too much doubts over this one, davydenko is a big favourite and will win this one. hes also 2-0 in h2h. ferrer @ 2.60 betfair this is outstanding price for spaniard. looking at sod's form i dont get the impression that he should be rated at these odds against players of ferrer's calibre. ferrer can be very solid on hard courts despite the fact that he's a claycourter. sderling was demolished by golubev last week in kuala lumpur,he doesnt look to convincing and despite 7-2 in h2h in his favour i'll back ferrer here. if nothing,it should be a tradeable bet. good luck. ljubicic @ 6.20 betfair this is ridiculous price. ljubo usually very hard to predict but exactly that makes him a good bet here. we know that ljubo made some of his best results in career in this part of the season, murray wasnt impressive lately although hes still better player of two. i dont think any special explanation is needed here, ljubo is a strong server and if his service will work well in this match he'll get his chance.bookies already made a mistake with dolgopolov and i wont miss this opportunity to trade something as well. gl.
LOST-WON-WON Again bet with lowest odds lost... :eyes

When looking at the odds on Na Li I was not so tempted yesterday and looking at how the match is going now I'm happy I did'nt take any handicaps or under bet on the match. Sevastova is causing enough problems to ruin any bet on Na Li.
well i bet on Na Li yesterday and today, made a nice profit. Yeah today a few problems were evident (tie breaker in the 1 set) etc. but overall happy with the win :).

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Na Li vs Vera Zvonareva Vera Zvonareva will destroy Na Li who had trouble beating a latvian qualifier who are 20 years old and miles away from any quality Vera posses. Vera will have a walk in the park with Na Li. Straight win for Vera 1.44 bet365 is not so great but considering how convincing Vera will win it wont get any higher. H2h is 3-3 but Zvonareva destroyed Na Li in Beijing olympics 6-0 7-5 and I expect something similar again. Vera Zvonareva -3.5 1.80 bet365 2-0 2.20 bet365 Under 21.0 games 1.862 pinnacle

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Sport Tennis Event Djokovic v Isner Selection Isner Strength 10/10 Date 09/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.35 Reasoning Think Isner has a shot here. He's serving great and got a nice win over Davydenko. Djokovic hasn't been tested yet, looked good against Simon but this is a completely different match. If Isner serves good he can definately hold and put pressure on Djokovic. Djokovic has had breathing problems before, and the air is apparently horrible. OK so far, but if pressured, he could struggle. Willing to take a chance. Sport Tennis Event Ferrer v Ljubicic Selection Lay Ljubicic (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.73 Reasoning Fancy Ferrer here. Not sure about Ljubicic, huge win over Murray but how much of that was down to Murray being crap? All I know is Ferrer is playing great and also got a good win over Soderling. He played well last week too and I like his form coming into this. Think he's a solid price too, and should get the job done. Sport Tennis Event Monfils v Stepanek Selection Lay Stepanek (Lay) Strength 10/10 Date 09/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.45 Reasoning Monfils has been good so far in this tournament, and I don't see him messing up here. His form was good against Roddick and mentally he was strong winning both tie breaks. Stepanek struggled massively early in this tournament against Falla and Chiudinelli, probably should have gone out. Then got a walkover and walked into the semis. He can go for it now but don't think he's displaying the form to give Monfils many problems. Sport Tennis Event Zvonareva v Li Selection Li Strength 10/10 Date 09/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.75 Reasoning I don't want to be opposing Na Li in China. H2H is 3-2 in her favour which is a bit of a surprise maybe this is a good match up for her. She looked great early in the week, then had more of a struggle against Sevastova. But Zvonareva struggled in a match this week against Kirilenko so wouldn't read too much into that. Zvonareva has stepped up this year, and not one I oppose often, but I think this price is worth a go on Li who usually plays great at home. Sport Tennis Event Wozniacki v Peer Selection Peer Strength 10/10 Date 09/10/2010 Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.62 Reasoning Try this with a one ball bookie. Maybe this is the time for Woz to throw in a soft one? She is an incredible trier, and has been a nightmare to oppose at times! But now she's secured number one, and hurt her knee today, so a good time to bow out. Peer is played well enough herself to cause problems, and beat Woz earlier this year on hard courts in Dubai. Could look an awful price if Woz comes out fighting, but I'll try my luck.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Giving these tournaments another shot. David Ferrer to bt. Ivan Ljubicic (8/10) - 1.503 at Pinnacle Well, Ljubicic has said himself that he is bad against Ferrer and the H2H record is good evidence of that. Ferrer beat Soderling comfortably and should have no problems with dispatching another guy that bases his game around serve. Ferrer can return well and his movement is great, so he has all the chances in the world to take this and I think that he will do it. John Isner (+3.5) to bt. Novak Djokovic (5/10) - 1.901 at Pinnacle Isner was serving great against one of the best returners on the tour - Davydenko. Djokovic is still having some issues with his game against big servers and has not looked convincing at all. This can well can into tiebreaks and Isner has a great chance of even winning this one! This handicap is a little bit big, as it also covers 6-7 5-7 and is therefore some value. Vera Zvonareva (-3.5) to bt. Na Li (5/10) - 1.970 at Pinnacle Vera Zvonareva has been impressive this year and should win over Na Li quite comfortably, especially as she has not been performing well at all before this tournament. She is playing at home, but against a superior player in superb form. This handicap is not that big and is well worth taking

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Enjoyed a good few days off the betting this week. Gone for a wee double for tomorrow. - David Ferrer (vs Ivan Ljubicic) x Gael Monfils (vs Radek Stepanek) @ 2.03 with Pinnacle (5/10) Ljubicic is having a great week but I think Ferrer is a tough one for him to crack here. The Spaniard is playing some outstanding tennis at the moment and is really on the charge for London this year. It's hard to ignore the H2H with these two - 5-1 in Ferrer's favour. Reckon he's got the better of the big Croat as he has the game to move him around. If you let Ljubicic get into a rhythm, he'll punish you, but Ferrer has the variety and the endurance to get under Ljubicic's skin. The Croat also has had injuries this year and despite his wins, I'm not entirely convinced his rib problem has cleared up. I wanted the -2.5 handicap but the price is just a shade too skinny so I'm happy to pair him up with Monfils. I don't trust the Frenchman with the handicap but I reckon he can take out Stepanek. He leads the H2H 3-2, is confident, playing good tennis and has a goal (the Davis Cup team for France in the final, where competition is very high). We all know Monfils has it all in his armoury but it's a question of whether he wants it. At the moment, and at a time of the year when he's known to play well, I think he's more than capable of ousting the Czech. Stepanek may have benefitted from retirements this week and perhaps will be the fresher, but he is still too one-dimensional for me and hasn't convinced since his injuries. Monfils is a higher level than what he's been playing. Reckon the Frenchman will prevail. :hope

H2H 5-1 in Ferrer's favour, but all were on clay bar 1 which Ferrer won in 3 sets in 09. Clearly he's a more consistent player from the baseline but he's fell short a couple of times in recent months when you expect him to come through....lost to Verdasco at the US from 2 sets up, also lost to Davy in 3 in Cinci and we all know how Davy has been this year even though he played well in parts of that one, also lost to Golubev in 2 in Kuala Lumpur semi final last week.Watched parts of his match with Soderling today and the Swede just doesn't look great lately, not serving well enough and that effects everything. Ljubo has been horrible this year but this looks like the first time in a while that he is pain free, since winning Indian Wells I guess. Beating Youzhny, Dolgopolov and Murray in 2 is impressive I think....feel he's having one of those weeks where he looks confident and clutch in tight moments. Just a hunch, could be wrong but think value is on his side here. Ljubicic to beat Ferrer @ 2.860 (Pinnacle: 3pts)

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Ljubicic @ 2.95 Pinnacle To be honest id never touch Ljubo if the odds on him stayed at 2.50 but at 2.95 i just have to take him. As i said in Murray-Ljubo reasoning, this is Ljubo's time of the season, he looked solid against Murray, made low number of UE's and outserved probably the best returner on the tour. Ferrer is a similar type of player like Muzza, of course weaker but he'll surely put a lot more effort than the scottsman so this will be, no doubt, much harder match for Ivan. Still, the way Ljubo served against Murray, and they way he played from the baseline gives me confidence that he can at least make a thriller out of this match. Ferrer's serve is far from being unbreakable and Ljubo will get his chance. All in all, odds are too high and just cant be ignored although i agree that Ferrer is much bigger threat to Ljubo than Murray was. GL.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october About Steps-Monfils, Monfils should take this one in 2 but honestly my common sense doesn't allow me to back such erratic player at such low odds... Stepanek shouldnt be a threat for the frenchman who's playing great tennis lately but his mentality makes him too unreliable as a favourite. Will cheer for Stepanek and skip this one. Nole is a favourite against Isner but american can do much with his huge serve. Don't like to go against such players especially when they are in solid form and at 1.30-ish odds. Still, bet on Isner also has no value, i expect Nole to win this in two tight sets. Nadal-Troicki-I'll skip that one as well. Could be a weird match, didin't watched Rafa this week. Troicki in great form but personally i dont think its enough even for one set in this match.

Na Li vs Vera Zvonareva Vera Zvonareva will destroy Na Li who had trouble beating a latvian qualifier who are 20 years old and miles away from any quality Vera posses. Vera will have a walk in the park with Na Li. Straight win for Vera 1.44 bet365 is not so great but considering how convincing Vera will win it wont get any higher. H2h is 3-3 but Zvonareva destroyed Na Li in Beijing olympics 6-0 7-5 and I expect something similar again. Vera Zvonareva -3.5 1.80 bet365 2-0 2.20 bet365 Under 21.0 games 1.862 pinnacle
This speaks for itself lizvonareva.jpg You can't expect to beat a player ranked no.4 if you make 40 unforced.

- David Ferrer (vs Ivan Ljubicic) x Gael Monfils (vs Radek Stepanek) @ 2.03 with Pinnacle (5/10) WIN
Monfils was pretty straightforward but Ljubicic gave Ferrer a tough match. Both winners though so that's all I'm focusing on! Well done to all who prevailed today.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october One very early selection for tomorrow's action in Shanghai. - Tommy Robredo -2 games AH (vs Albert Montanes) @ 1.935 with Pinnacle (6/10) This is a bizarre match-up. Robredo leads the H2H 8-0, all the matches on clay. It's the natural surface of both men but I'd say that Robredo is more competent on the hard. His problem is often confidence but he's now starting to win matches again. He took a set off an admittedly poor Soderling last week and has rediscovered a bit of form during and since the US Open. He's got the bigger serve of the two, which will make a difference here, and has a game that appears to trouble Montanes, hence the 8-0 record. They haven't met in two years and Montanes has improved since then but he's not a man to take very seriously in hard court events. He is a clay man by trade and is here mainly because he has to be. He got past Golubev last week because the Kazakh retired hurt and was duly dismantled by Murray, who is not on great form. If he falls behind here, I expect the H2H record to play on his mind - no matter what level, it's tough to shrug off the knowledge that your opponent has got the Indian Sign over you. Considering the previous, I'd have the handicap a bit higher. Two games is not a big hurdle to cover. Happy to play Robredo here. :hope

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Pablo Cuevas 2-0 2.00 I'll have a go on Cuevas playing later tonight vs Carlos Berlocq in Buenos Aires challenger. Cuevas just recently hammered Berlocq in Bucharest and I can't see any other outcome again. Caroline Wozniacki vs Vera Zvonareva Is bookies kidding me or do they really think a tired Wozniacki with bandage on her knee and wrist will beat Zvonareva who just recently got destroyed but this very same Zvonareva in the US open semi? Come on! Get real! From bet365 Zvonareva to win 2.20 Zvonareva 2-0 3.50 Zvonareva +2.5 1.83 Zvonareva to win 1st set and win the match 2.75