Tennis 4-10/october

Hi guys, One pick for ATP China Open starting tomorrow: CILIC TO D BELLUCCI @ 1.4 on pinnaclesports Bellucci is a solid clay court player but with his long shots he has difficulties playing on faster surfaces. Actually, Bellucci has no results on any surfaces other than clay. Cilic has such a good serve and powerful shots and it will be a very tough match-up for Bellucci to defend against that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis 4-10/october S.Peng to beat S.Errani @ 2.10 (bet365.com) Huhu turnament in Beijing China and S.Peng going vs. Sara Errani. These two players met once back in 2008 in Italy on clay and Errani won in three sets 1:2 (4 : 6, 6 : 1, 3 : 6). This time its home crowd for Shuai and the court is hard so i give litlle more chances to S.Peng + Errani from lately is pure crap. Good luck!

Re: Tennis 4-10/october I am surprised how many matches I like today, but I just can't let the value go. R.Stepanek to bt. A. Falla (-3AH) - 1.952 Pinnacle (7/10) Have to take this handicap at this price, Stepanek is well-suited to hard courts with his style of game. And while you certainly could make a case for Falla against many opponents, not against Radek. He has beaten him comfortably in both meeting and he is the much better player here. F. Lopez to bt. J.M. Del Potro - 2.22 Pinnacle (6/10) Del Potro is returning from a lengthy injury and has lost to Rochus last week. Lopez has a solid H2H (2-2) record with him and more match practice. Unless Del Potro comes out firing (which I doubt), Lopez should be able to take this. It will take some time for Del Potro to return successfully and Lopez is someone who can be awkward to deal with. G. Simon to bt. S. Querrey - 1.78 Pinnacle (6/10) Simon is back in form, winning in Metz and generally playing well against decent opposition. Querrey had a little break since losing to Giraldo in the Davis Cup and he may not be up for this. Simon has great return game and should win this - I feel he has a great edge over Querrey at the moment, but it can be quite tight if Querrey finds his serve, so I would stay away from (however small) handicaps P. Kohlschreiber to bt. F. Verdasco (+2AH) - 1.98 Pinnacle (4/10) Verdasco seems to be quite poor lately and he was nothing special last week. He seemingly does not like the courts in Asia, while Kohlschreiber was pretty good indoors this year. The H2H is 4-4 and the matches have always been very tight. He should even win this, but I will take the handicap instead. J. Tipsarevic to bt. M. Fish (+1.5AH) - 1.83 Pinnacle (4/10) Tough match to call, but I feel that Tipsarevic has more confidence and better form at the moment. It will be tight nevertheless I think and I have taken the 1.5 games handicap, because Fish can throw in an occasional bad set, allowing the bet to win even if he wins in the end. Which he should not, as he has not been special since his Cincinnati run. J. Isner/T-H. Yang - Under 19 games - 1.95 Pinnacle (3/10) First of all, I cannot see Yang breaking Isner once here. Top 10 players often have problems with that and Yang is not even in Top 200. So this bet is that Yang will not win more than 7 games - very possible. Obviously Isner is no class act on return, but he has improved his game tremendously in the last year or so and he is definitely capable of covering this line. He covered it on hard courts against much better opponents (Russel, Kubot, etc.).

Re: Tennis 4-10/october This is irrelevant to the Tennis section, but someone please have milano permanently removed from this site, all his posts are derogatory towards the player he bets on, and never provides any tips or constructive criticizm.. Get out of here milano1 if it works you up that much, you shouldnt be BETTING try a new hobby, you are a disgrace!

Re: Tennis 4-10/october WTA Beijing round 2: Kvitova vs Kanepi under 20.5 @Pinnacle 1.901 (7/10) This line is at least one game too high. Kvitova since her fabulous Wimbledon's semifinal is playing total crap. Beijing is her 8th tournament since, and in 6 of them she lost in rnd 1. Only at US open she somehow managed to get over her compatriot Hradecka and later over Baltacha into rnd 3, where she was (as expected) crushed by Kim Clijsters 63 60. BTW, this match was very funny, because Kvitova lead 30 in set 1, then she lost "12 in a row" and that was it. In Beijing rnd 1 Kvitova was extremely lucky to get past Pennetta, who was playing her worst match in this season. Penneta was unable to place the first serve in (48% in the whole match). Despite her horrible performance she was able to break Petra 3 times in the first set, before she totally collapsed in the second. On the other hand Kanepi shows pretty stable form over couple of weeks, her serve and return game are rather solid, and this brought nice results in US Open and Tokyo. H2H is 2-2, but all those matches come from Wimbledon or pre-Wimbledon era, so they do not count. I expect something like 6-3 6-3 if Petra gets extremely lucky.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Yen-Hsun Lu 1.820 Pinnacle It's China open ffs :spank. Sure ass hell the best chinese ATP player is gonna win first round vs this Marchenko from Ukraine. Lu showed no signs of bad play in his doubles with Flo Mayer today. Seen the crap Marchenko throws in usually, like in New Haven or after in US open first round when Wawrinka blowed him of the court.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october ATP & WTA Beijing. Picking 5 matches on Tuesday. 1) Petra Kvitova vs Kaia Kanepi. Over 21 games. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Kvitova has been very poor since Wimbledon but showed signs of improvement in the first round match here taking out Pennetta which was a shock result and should give her lots of confidence. Kanepi fairly a favorite but I believe this can go either way. They have played 4 times and all matches have gone the full distance. Kvitova has won the last two and the Wimbledon match was the one she should have never won. Kanepi lost the 3rd set from 4-0 up and wasted multiple matchpoints (4 or 5, don't remember the exact number) before losing it 8-6. Should be another long and close match. They don't know any other way to play against each other. 2) Dominika Cibulkova -3 AH vs Anastasija Sevastova. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Can't think of any good reason why Sevastova is rated to lose this by just 3 games. Don't think so. The bottom line is that she should not have been here at all had Sam Stosur had not messed up big time. She missed a match point and failed to serve out the 3rd set. Cibulkova is similar type of player with solid baseline game and should be able to hurt Sevastova on 2nd serve which is very poor. Really can't see the Latvian getting anything out of this match. Mission impossible. 3) Vera Zvonareva vs Andrea Petkovic. Under 19.5 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Petkovic somehow get past Safarova which is a bit of a surprise to me but Zvonareva will be completely different animal. Don't think the German player can live on the baseline with Vera. She just will be outhit big time and done in no time. Expect Zvonareva to the win this comfortably. 4) Novak Djokovic vs Mao-Xin Gon. Under 17.5 games. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Once again we've got local players in big tournaments only because of wild cards etc. Can't think of any other result here than 6-1, 6-0. Maybe or even worst than that. Unders or handicaps, it doesn't matter which ever line you take. Djokovic will have this one pretty easy! He could win this one 6-2, 6-3 and still cover the bet, it's ridiculous when you do the maths and look at the result. 5) Albert Montanes to beat Andrey Golubev. 2.25 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Montanes doesn't play on hard that often. I guess this is one of the mandatory events, so he has to be here. I see an upset here waiting to happen. Golubev had cracking week in Malaysia last week, he made the final there and came up short in the final set tie-break. That close it was. First of all he'll be tired and not only physically, but also mentally. I can see him checking out in this one. Remember him losing to nobody player Yuri Schukin in the very next match after he won Hamburg this year. Deja-vu all over again.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october And couple matches in ATP Tokyo. Backing two dogs... 1) Juan Monaco to beat Jurgen Melzer. 3.32 @ Betsafe. (4/10) Monaco has been devastated this season by injuries and nobody knows when he'll be good again. Perhaps this is the time of the season when he should benefit from matches at the stage of the season when most of the players are not fully focused. Saw Melzer last week in Bangkok, he wasn't fully focused and might just not be again this week. Who knows. Have to admit that I'm a bit carried away by H2H stats here as Monaco has beaten Melzer all 4 times. All matches were on clay, which is the favorite surface of both players. Have not seen any of their matches, but clearly something has to be wrong for Melzer in the match-up. 2) Rajeev Ram to beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. 4.00 @ Ladbrokes (3/10) I think this is definitely worth a shot. I would never ever in my right mind back Ram against decent player, but this time I will. The only reason is that the Spaniard won a title over in Bangkok just couple days ago and played a lot of tennis there. 4 of the last 5 matches were 3-setter. He should be fatigued for sure. It can't be any other way. Besides this will be the case of the next match after winning the title. He lost his very first match right after winning his first title. That was in Kiztbuhel last year, just prior to French Open. He went to Paris and was destroyed by Seppi 6-3, 6-3, 6-1. Ram is one of the brainless category but the guy can serve and do some serve & volley, so I wouldn't count him out against tired and probably disinterested opponent.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Four stand out for me today, but with low stakes only - each bet is 3/10. R. Nadal/S. Giraldo - Under 18 games - 1.91 Pinnacle Until he was defeated by GGL, Nadal was pretty good at demolishing his opposition and I see that continuing here. The reason for this is that Giraldo is not that good on hard courts and, most importantly, lacks strong and consistent serve (unlike GGL). Nadal is simply better in every department and should be too strong for Giraldo. R. Gasquet to bt. T. De Bakker (-2.5AH) - 1.90 Pinnacle The price is too good to ignore. De Bakker has had a great season until this point, but seems to be struggling lately a little bit, while Gasquet seems to be on the top of his game again. He had to retire against Zverev because of flu, but should bounce back to form. Meanwhile, De Bakker lost to Brands, who is much worse than Gasquet in just about every department T. Robredo to bt. R. Soderling (+4.5AH) - 2.25 Pinnacle The reason for this bet is the price, which is well above evens. Robredo is someone who has been pretty unconvincing until the US Open, but bounced back and seems to be in good form. Soderling, on the other hand, seems quite poor lately. 4.5 games is too much for a match that may get very tight. A. Dolgopolov/M. Baghdatis - Over 22.5 games - 1.95 Pinnacle I think that this will be a very tight match, as neither play is in a great form, but both can serve pretty well and take their chances when it matters. Dolgopolov also seems to have a trend of overs in his matches and I would not be surprised at all if he lost the first set horribly and then won the second one - he has done that against many solid players. I just cannot see anyone winning convincingly, hence the overs. Good luck.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october

ATP & WTA Beijing. Picking 5 matches on Tuesday. 5) Albert Montanes to beat Andrey Golubev. 2.25 @ Pinnacle (5/10)
And couple matches in ATP Tokyo. Backing two dogs... 1) Juan Monaco to beat Jurgen Melzer. 3.32 @ Betsafe. (4/10) 2) Rajeev Ram to beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. 4.00 @ Ladbrokes (3/10)
I'm backing these three with low stakes 10€ but a bit higher stake on Monaco 20€ @ bet365

WTA Beijing round 2: Kvitova vs Kanepi under 20.5 @Pinnacle 1.901 (7/10) [...snip...]
Bet lost, unbelievably good performance from Kvitova. It's a pity that this cow is absolutely unbackable :\. Bet my complete payroll she will lose next round ;-) hahahaha. It should be against Woz. Hope Petra's today's victory will make better price.

Ram is such an idiot. No brain at all. Lost the 3rd set from break up. With his serve should have done better.
I agree.. I was really annoyed about Ram in first set to where he failed to convert 6 break points. Ram is just crap! Can't even win a match outside the US even if he gets it served on a plate.

I agree.. I was really annoyed about Ram in first set to where he failed to convert 6 break points. Ram is just crap! Can't even win a match outside the US even if he gets it served on a plate.
Failing to convert 6 points in a set against GGL is a world class performance. Nadal would be proud of stats like that :lol

Yen-Hsun Lu 1.820 Pinnacle It's China open ffs :spank. Sure ass hell the best chinese ATP player is gonna win first round ... [... snip...]
Good call :clap. I went big on it. Except that Y.H.Lu plays for TAIWAN (not CHINA), but this was just an extra motivation :-)

Well done Golubev. Retirement right option. Good thing it happened in the 2nd set.
his retirement saved me some money. great day for me :nana I made huge profit on Maria, Dolgopolov and Raonic Losses on Dodig who gave it up to seppi in the 3rd and Kanepi who lost to her nemesis. Couldnt put up posts due to the time zone issue, only made up my mind just before the games. Now I need Tsonga and Vera to come to the party then it will be a great day. GL

his retirement saved me some money. great day for me :nana I made huge profit on Maria, Dolgopolov and Raonic Losses on Dodig who gave it up to seppi in the 3rd and Kanepi who lost to her nemesis. Couldnt put up posts due to the time zone issue, only made up my mind just before the games. Now I need Tsonga and Vera to come to the party then it will be a great day. GL
I mean I bet against Sharapova.Couldnt understand the odds to be honest, bookmakers are lazy at times.

Good call :clap. I went big on it. Except that Y.H.Lu plays for TAIWAN (not CHINA)' date=' but this was just an extra motivation :-)[/quote'] I know but the Taiwanese people are also chinese and Taiwan don't have any ATP tournaments so Lu gets the crowd on his side big time in Beijing. The state of Taiwan became independent right after second world war with big support from the USA as the people of Taiwan where anti-communists.

ATP & WTA Beijing. Picking 5 matches on Tuesday. 3) Vera Zvonareva vs Andrea Petkovic. Under 19.5 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Petkovic somehow get past Safarova which is a bit of a surprise to me but Zvonareva will be completely different animal. Don't think the German player can live on the baseline with Vera. She just will be outhit big time and done in no time. Expect Zvonareva to the win this comfortably.
You are almost making this one. It looks like under 19.5 right now. I had a stake on bet365 on this.

ATP & WTA Beijing. Picking 5 matches on Tuesday. 3) Vera Zvonareva vs Andrea Petkovic. Under 19.5 games. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Petkovic somehow get past Safarova which is a bit of a surprise to me but Zvonareva will be completely different animal. Don't think the German player can live on the baseline with Vera. She just will be outhit big time and done in no time. Expect Zvonareva to the win this comfortably.
Thnx a lot!

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Hi guys, 2 more pick for this week ATP matches: BEIJING: DJOKOVIC TO D FISH @ 1.31 on pinnaclesports TOKYO: GASQUET TO D TURSUNOV @ 1.36 on betfair Fish has a very good game for faster surfaces with huge serve, big forehand and big backhand but Djokovic is probably the worst match-up for Fish since Djokovic has probably the best return of serve and he can outplay Fish from the baseline as well. Hence, 6:0 head to head record to Djokovic. Plus, Djokovic is a defending chanpion of China Open so he must take this "smaller" event seriously. Tursunov has a big game (actually similar game to Fish) but he is struggling with form after several injuries and after being out of the game for an year. Gasquet has less power than Tursunov but his variety and defensive skills should be too much for the out-of-form Tursunov.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Feliciano Lopez 2-0 2.00 bet365 I got to say it's a gift to have Lopez facing GG-L who is tired, fatigued and facing a Lopez who got a days more rest then GG-L who played a lot lately. A long match vs Ram which he should have lost against any other player then brainless Ram. F Lopez beat GG-L 2-0 in Shanghai a year ago and this is the worst possible matchup GG-L could get now. I think it's a big risk GG-L will retire if he is all to fatigued. He retired first round in Tokyo last year. Lopez had a walk in the park when beating Del Potro in just 1 hour 20min on monday afternoon. He will have an easy match again. I'm just afraid GG-L will retire. Daniel Gimeno-Traver 2.25 bet365 It seems Nieminen is not a fan of facing spaniards losing to DG-T 3-0 in US open and to GG-L in Bangkok final. Nieminen is in good form and was lucky to face Tsonga not matchfit since the injury. Fatigue sets in at some part and this could be it.

Re: Tennis 4-10/october Bojana Jovanovski vs Shahar Peer : Jovanovski + 5 AH @ 1.952 Pinnacle (6/10) I have been watching the Jovanovski match with Jelena Jankovic yesterday. Jankovic won the 1st set 64, but was literally swept off the court 62 62 in the other two sets. It was not that Jankovic was playing that bad. This Jovanovski character produced unbelievable serves and returns plus 14 forehand winners that Jankovic simply could not find response to. 1st serve in/pts won on 1st serve were 75%/63% in her match with Jankovic, 79%/62% in her previous match with K.Bondarenko, and 76%/71% in Q 1st round with Kai-Lin Zhang. Those are quite exceptional numbers and I cannot see Shahar to have comfortable win.