UEFA Champions League > 15th September

Wednesday 15 September 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AC Milan v AJ Auxerre (19:45 BST) 1.4 4.33 8.2 106.70 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Sporting de Braga (19:45 BST) 1.33 5.25 12 102.38 %
maximize.gif CFR Cluj v FC Basel (19:45 BST) 2.25 3.25 3.23 106.17 %
maximize.gif FC Bayern München v AS Roma (19:45 BST) 1.72 3.53 4.88 106.72 %
maximize.gif MŠK Žilina v Chelsea (19:45 BST) 13 5.5 1.28 103.65 %
maximize.gif Olympique Marseille v Spartak Moscow (19:45 BST) 1.72 3.6 4.91 106.04 %
maximize.gif Real Madrid v Ajax (19:45 BST) 1.3 5.5 10 104.66 %
maximize.gif Shakhtar Donetsk v FK Partizan (19:45 BST) 1.44 4.5 7.85 104.19 %

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Arsenal - Sporting Braga Most people are expecting an easy win for Arsenal here. However, Braga should not be underestimated because they knocked out Celtic and Sevilla to reach the Champions League and I think bookies underrated them a lot. Pricing them @ 12.00 is something I can't understand. If I am correct Blackpool was priced @ 15.00. Arsenal scored in their last 10 games and Braga in their last 9 out of 10. Both teams play attacking football and I expect goals in this game and will be very surprised if this one will not have plenty of goals. Both to Score @ 2.10 Paddy Power

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Shakhtar - Partizan Shakhtar is much better team, and if they want to go further they must go for win in this game because after this game they have to play with much better teams Arsenal and Braga and I expect that they can win by two goals so I will take -1.0 &-1.5 @1.88 Betfair.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Olimpique Marseille win is a pretty good choice at 1.75.They reinforced their attack with Gignac and Remy,and far as I know,their key players haven't moved anywhere,besides Ben Arfa.Last season they almost qualified for 1/8,knocking out Real or Milan.They also have really good support at Velodrome.Spartak,on the other side,is weaker then CSKA,Rubin or Zenit.Guess they will just park their team bus in front of the goal,and wait for some counter-attack.And Marsaille with Lucho,Cheyrou,Remy,Gignac,Brandao,Ayew has enough firepower to score few,and good enough defence to keep clean sheet. And there is also Bayern-Roma.I see Under 2.5 written all over this game.It's a derby and a opening game,so they will be careful.Also,they are some key attacking players missing on both sides as Roben,Ribery,Adriano and Vucinic probably won't make it.And those two tradiotionally play low scoring derbies in CL.Other than that,they have Cluj and Basel with them in E group,so both of them know that they have first 2 places secured.So I guess that they'll wait for their second match to reslove first place isuue.I'm pretty sure that this will be Under 2.5.You can also try with X with small stakes,or try with 0-0 correct score ;) Olimpique Marsaille-Spartak Moscow 1 & Bayern-AS Roma Under 2.5

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September

Shakhtar - Partizan Shakhtar is much better team, and if they want to go further they must go for win in this game because after this game they have to play with much better teams Arsenal and Braga and I expect that they can win by two goals so I will take -1.0 &-1.5 @1.88 Betfair.
I would not even try shakhtar at those odds.to be honest Shakhtar looks weaker then last season.From many new signing only Costa proved to be good,rest of them are dead wood.pyatov is still not stable on goal and i don't know why they still didn't buy new keeper instead of buying all this "secondhand" brazilian players.Eduardo is not fully recovered and he just doesn't play at all and i don't think he will.Looks like that injury played it's role in his football future.Fernandinio broke his leg in last match and will be out for some time.Shakhtar scores less and less goals each game and their defence looks very shaky.I would better go for both teams to score rather then poor odds on home win.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Real Madrid v Ajax As expected Madrid have been priced up very short. Squad wise this should be no contest but there are a few variables that can be thrown into the equation. Firstly Ajax have a massive European pedigree, we're not talking European minnows here we're talking top table merchants. Of course they haven't played Champions League group stage matches since 2006 but I'm sure they'll be feeling they're back where they belong led by coach Martin Jol who you wouldn't exactly call 'special' but who certainly is as solid as they come. They also have ace marksman and Dutch European Footballer of the Year 2010 Luis Suarez who has bagged 6 in Ajax's last three league matches. Well I say they have him but that's not completely accurate, unfortunately he's suspended for this encounter! The Dutch League are a bit ahead in matches played than La Liga where Ajax sit joint top with PSV P5 W4 D1 L0 with a healthy goal ratio of 16 to 4. Real on the other hand have played just two matches, the first being an uninspiring 0-0 at Mallorca and the second a 1-0 home win against Osasuna at the weekend. Even with all Real's resources to hand it's maybe a bit soon for even the 'Special One' to have them purring like his old Milanese Ferrari. In recent seasons Real have been a bit unpredictable when it comes to the Champions League but this may all change now they have a master coach. Still as said previously it may take some time before he has them like Inter mark 2. So what's the prediction? Well I can't bring myself to back Real at such short odds, 2/7 in most places. I am tempted by the 10/1 on offer for Ajax in some places which differs greatly with BWIN who quote 15/2 and Extrabet at 13/2. However it might be a bit too optimistic for them to go to the Bernabeu minus Suarez in their first proper Champions League match for some years and come away with all 3 points. I think a more realistic approach would be to play them on the handicap with a two goal cushion. Ajax +2 3/4 Hills

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Shakhtar Donetsk-Partizan Belgrade I will go with Partizan +1 @2.42. I don't see this game being any similar to the last year's match in Donetsk, when Partizan was falling apart under old, clueless coach, and easily lost by 4:1. For the first thing, Partizan has got a new coach, a guy that always forces offensive football, and a guy who created something out of this team. Partizan is now scoring over 2 goals per match, they're playing brave, and they have a few more experienced players in the squad right now playing the entire 90 mins such are Iliev, S.Ilic or Boya (the first 2 with CL experience). The good thing about this squad is that its a mix of youth and experience and the players have a good chemistry among them. On the other hand, Shakhtar is a great team, one of the best sides from the Eastern Europe for sure. Full of quality Brazilians, whose total value exceeds 100m euros. Fernandinho, who is one of their key players, is out, but they've got 5 other players just as good as him that can successfully play on his position. Their fans aren't anything special, and their form this season isn't that great, they lost to poor Obolon last friday and were struggling in many other matches. Surely, Partizan has a chance not to get humiliated and is arriving to Donetsk at a good moment. Much more than the bookies suggest, so my money is on Partizan +1. Will publish full preview later on my site. Good luck to all.

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Real Madrid - Ajax
Selection Real Madrid -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 15/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 2.02
Reasoning Real have had difficulty scoring at the start of the season. Mainly because of the poor form of Ronaldo and Higuain, but also Mourinho want to strenghten the defense first and then focus on attack. Starting to build a team from the right side of the pitch so to say. Ajax looking good still they are not famous for their defending qualities and without Verthongen and their main attacking threat and captain Luis Suarez they could struggle on both ends. Real have many other that can step up and score when the top players are out of form plus one good finish from either Ronaldo or Higuain will change that. They look better for everygame and you cant really compare Osasuna, a solid defensive side, against "total football" experts Ajax of Amsterdam. Real with enough quality here to score and this game could not have come in a better timing for real imo. To meet a defensively suspicious side when going thru a little dry spell in the scoring department.

Arsenal - Sporting Braga Most people are expecting an easy win for Arsenal here. However, Braga should not be underestimated because they knocked out Celtic and Sevilla to reach the Champions League and I think bookies underrated them a lot. Pricing them @ 12.00 is something I can't understand. If I am correct Blackpool was priced @ 15.00. Arsenal scored in their last 10 games and Braga in their last 9 out of 10. Both teams play attacking football and I expect goals in this game and will be very surprised if this one will not have plenty of goals. Both to Score @ 2.10 Paddy Power
I agree that there looks to be goals in this one, but the bet I'm thinking about is over 2.5. Arsenal are scoring for fun at home this season, v Blackpool 6-0 and Bolton 4-1, and Braga's two away games in Europe have both gone over, v Celtic 1-2 and Sevilla 4-3. Braga also played out a goal-fest in a 3-2 defeat at Porto over the weekend. Braga don't seem the sort to park the bus, which means goals should be likely. Over 2.5 @ 1.67

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Could anyone enlighten me as to how Auxerre play their football generally? I don't watch French football at all. I see they aren't doing all that well domestically thus far, but I don't think that will be on their minds for their first game at the San Siro. Do they possess pace going forward because that is a good way to get at this Milan side on the break - as Cesena showed at the weekend? If they have the players to do so then I would recommend them taking a counter-attack approach to the match as Milan will push high and press the game at home. I am trying not to buy into this dream-team forward line. They didn't exactly click at the weekend but Milan will score lots of goals this season. Their back-line will look like this: Zambrotta, Nesta (likely), Bonera, Antonini. Not going to say it agai, but this is poor. When Milan don't have Nesta and Silva together they struggle. Gattuso has to be dropped, and it will probably be for Seedorf to give them a bit more going forward - maybe even KPB. What was clear to me is that when they were held up by Cesena, Pato, Ronnie and Robinho when he was on all had to drop deeper and deeper as there was nobody to link the midfield and attack. If Auxerre are possess the players capable to defend with organisation and then break swiftly I would consider them too large at 10.0 (Bet365). Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would not even try shakhtar at those odds.to be honest Shakhtar looks weaker then last season.From many new signing only Costa proved to be good' date='rest of them are dead wood.pyatov is still not stable on goal and i don't know why they still didn't buy new keeper instead of buying all this "secondhand" brazilian players.[u']Eduardo is not fully recovered and he just doesn't play at all and i don't think he will.Looks like that injury played it's role in his football future.Fernandinio broke his leg in last match and will be out for some time.Shakhtar scores less and less goals each game and their defence looks very shaky.I would better go for both teams to score rather then poor odds on home win.
I watched Shakhtar a fair amount last season but not so much this can't imagine they have changed too much though, the attacking philosophy ran through them..shame about Fernandinho..the transfer of Eduardo always seemed strange for that amount of money, you are right he has never looked the same player since the injury..its a shame because Shakhtar were one of the best teams to watch I have seen in recent years, their play in the final third was brilliant..as we saw with Fulham last year though if you line up with a game plan against them you have a good chance, don't think from what I have seen of Partizan though they have enough quality to do this.. Home odds are way too short, the odds for both teams to score are pretty good but then Shakhtar haven't conceded a goal at home for 5 games, is the defence that shaky?

Could anyone enlighten me as to how Auxerre play their football generally? I don't watch French football at all. I see they aren't doing all that well domestically thus far, but I don't think that will be on their minds for their first game at the San Siro. Do they possess pace going forward because that is a good way to get at this Milan side on the break - as Cesena showed at the weekend? If they have the players to do so then I would recommend them taking a counter-attack approach to the match as Milan will push high and press the game at home. I am trying not to buy into this dream-team forward line. They didn't exactly click at the weekend but Milan will score lots of goals this season. Their back-line will look like this: Zambrotta, Nesta (likely), Bonera, Antonini. Not going to say it agai, but this is poor. When Milan don't have Nesta and Silva together they struggle. Gattuso has to be dropped, and it will probably be for Seedorf to give them a bit more going forward - maybe even KPB. What was clear to me is that when they were held up by Cesena, Pato, Ronnie and Robinho when he was on all had to drop deeper and deeper as there was nobody to link the midfield and attack. If Auxerre are possess the players capable to defend with organisation and then break swiftly I would consider them too large at 10.0 (Bet365). Any feedback would be appreciated.
Haven't watched much of Auxerre either, but judging from the stats one could argue that they play a pretty tight game. Last year, for example, in the French League 1 they had an overall goal differential of 39-28. That made them the best defense in the top 5, but also the worst offense in the top 5. Their away record (2009-2010) of 8-6-4 was quite strong, I think. They took points in 14 out of 18 matches in a very competitive league. This year, Auxerre's start is not that good (0-4-1; 4-6 goals), but 4 draws in 5 matches in a league where, currently, the draw has been the result 37% of the time is not that bad. It seems, though, that Auxerre may be going through a bit of "draw phase". Hence, I expect them to play a very cautious game and only take their chances from set pieces and the counter. The real question is: what will Milan do? I fear for the worst after their performance with newly promoted Cesena, albeit as visitors. Last year, in Milan's first home CL match they were similarly priced against Zurich and they lost 0-1. I think they were also similarly priced against Cesesna on Sunday. So, why trust them now? Even if Milan do manage a win I can't see it by more than a goal so taking them with a handicap, in order to improve the odds, is highly risky. In fact, the value is probably with Auxerre. I am going to go with: Milan - Auxerre: Auxerre +1 (AH) @ 2.38 (Canbet) 10/10 I think the odds are too good to resist.

Arsenal - Sporting Braga Most people are expecting an easy win for Arsenal here. However, Braga should not be underestimated because they knocked out Celtic and Sevilla to reach the Champions League and I think bookies underrated them a lot. Pricing them @ 12.00 is something I can't understand. If I am correct Blackpool was priced @ 15.00. Arsenal scored in their last 10 games and Braga in their last 9 out of 10. Both teams play attacking football and I expect goals in this game and will be very surprised if this one will not have plenty of goals. Both to Score @ 2.10 Paddy Power
Agree with you!This is my tip of the week.

Any info on MSK Zilina would be much appreciated. Are they a Slovakian team and whats their pitch like??? Trying to build a case for Chelsea on the handicap.;:D
Chelsea starting line-up is : Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Zhirkov, Essien, Benayoun, Obi Mikel, Sturridge, Malouda, Anelka.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Shakhtar is huge favourite to win this one.Why? They are playing good,fast football which doesnt suit Partizan.I must admit i didnt watch them this year,but its almost the same team from previous years.To many good Brazilians in team,and there is danger from all sides. You cant compare this match with league matches.This is CL,and motivation is huge here,for both teams.So Shakhtar dont playing the best in league matches isnt strange for me.Maybe ,players just outgrow their league,so dont have the best motivation in league matches. Partizan beated Anderlecht in two matches.In second leg they were playing ok,in first 60 mins.Adventage of 2:0 thanks to good tactic,crapy defence and great Cleo.then Lukaku scored funny goal and everything started to fall apart.Anderlecht started to create chances,but luck was on Partizan side.Still Anderlecht had goal disalowed for 3:2 for offside which was huge mistake by the referee. Now Partizan got stronger buying Satojkovic as goalkeeper(Ilic is clown),a good one imo.Also they bought Medo from Helsinki and Boya (i dont rate him). Last year it was 4:1 at this stadium,where Shakhtar was superior in every sence.Surely Partizan is better now,especially coach,but difference is still here IMO. Partizan defence is shaky ,and best player Krstajic broke his nose in last match.From last news Krstajic will play with special mask. Still,i dont think that will be enough for points. Odds on home win are around 1.40 ,which is good for me.I wont take any kind of handicaps as i will go with large stake on this one.GL

Chelsea starting line-up is : Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Zhirkov, Essien, Benayoun, Obi Mikel, Sturridge, Malouda, Anelka.
I am glad to see Malouda back in the line-up but where the hell has Drogba gone? Nevertheless Chelsea should beat these minnows by a minimum of 2 goals given the form they are in at the moment. Chelsea beat this team 2-0 in a Champions League match back in 2003, but that stat means nothing I guess seeing how it took place a long time ago. Another thing I have managed to find out is that this MSK Zilina team has managed to draw or win every one of their last 10 games this season and they sit top of their table and if I am not wrong are the reigning champions of their league from last year. For the time being, I am leaning towards a Chelsea -1.5 AH @ 1.90 bet365. Could anyone who knows more about the MSK Zilina team give me some information please? Thanks :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 8-8-1 -1.00 units (50.00%) AS Roma +1 (-135) to win 1 unit Both teams struggling early. Bayern even though they were the runners up to the whole thing did pretty poorly in group stage last year and barely snuck into the next round by beating Juventus who might have been playing even worse. This will be a close game and I could see it ending a draw, don't see Bayern winning by multiples due to there offensive struggles early in the season. OM -130 to win 1 unit Spartak isn't that greatest offensive or away team. Auxerre proved against Zenit that the French league could compete with the top of the Russian league. OM's problems are on defense rather then offense. I think they simply outscore Spartak in this one.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Arsenal -1.5 AH vs Braga. 1.97 @ Pinnacle I think this is a gift, really. Arsenal very strong at home and Portuguese teams generally struggle ijn away matches in UK. Remember Arsenal crushing Porto all the time at home. Braga are worse team than Porto. Despite missing some key players today Arsenal still should be able to record comfortable win. 2 goal margin is the least I expect in this one. Bayern -1 AH vs Roma. 2.14 @ 188bet Roma ar in a huge mess atm. They lost their last match 5-1 away to Cagliari of all teams. Rubbish. Bayern have not been as good as some might expect them to be at this stage of the season but still the Germans are force, especially at home. Can't see anything other than home team win in this one.

I am glad to see Malouda back in the line-up but where the hell has Drogba gone? Nevertheless Chelsea should beat these minnows by a minimum of 2 goals given the form they are in at the moment.
Drogba is suspended after his red card against Inter last season. I'd be a little bit wary of backing Chelsea on the handicap. They don't tend to do big wins away in Europe, no matter what the level of the opposition. 09/10 Group stages: Nicosia 0-1 Chelsea, Atletico Madrid 2-2 Chelsea, Porto 0-1 Chelsea. 08/09 Group stages: Cluj 0-0 Chelsea, Roma 3-1 Chelsea, Bordeaux 1-1 Chelsea There was a 4-0 win in Rosenborg in 07/08, but also a goalless draw at Schalke and a 2-1 win in Valencia. Of course, -1.5 could easily happen, but Chelsea's tendancy is to keep things tight away from home in the early CL matches, secure in the knowledge that they should pick up 9 points at home.

I am glad to see Malouda back in the line-up but where the hell has Drogba gone? Nevertheless Chelsea should beat these minnows by a minimum of 2 goals given the form they are in at the moment. Chelsea beat this team 2-0 in a Champions League match back in 2003, but that stat means nothing I guess seeing how it took place a long time ago. Another thing I have managed to find out is that this MSK Zilina team has managed to draw or win every one of their last 10 games this season and they sit top of their table and if I am not wrong are the reigning champions of their league from last year. For the time being, I am leaning towards a Chelsea -1.5 AH @ 1.90 bet365. Could anyone who knows more about the MSK Zilina team give me some information please? Thanks :)
well im slovak and i can tell you a few things about zilina... 1.of all Zilina is quite looking forward to this match...those blokes from london called chelsea are the favorite for this match,there is no doubt... but zilina is confident,because they play well and have the fighting spirit,even if chelsea has the necessary technic 2.there should be no surprises,when the squad is concerned...nobody is injured or booked as far as i followed the pressreleases... i have mixed feelings about this particular game... it depends on a few factors,which may help chelsea... the ref,first goal and surprise factor... however i see only 2 outcomes of this game... 1.chelsea will trash zilina like five nill or there will be a draw like 2:2 or whatsoever :) P. Čech - Ivanovič, Alex, Terry, Žirkov - Obi Mikel, Essien, Benayoun, Malouda - Anelka, Sturridge - this is the lineup ancelotti mentioned on the pressconference....

CFR Cluj v Basel @ 3.00 Bet365 I don't know about any of you but I see this price too good to turn down. They're playing at a neutral ground so theres no home advantage here. Cluj have had a very poor start to their domestic season and have just only appointed a new coach 2 days ago, that could potentially boost their performance, but not in my eyes. Basel are a very good team, and the fact that 18 year old Xherdan Shaqiri is in flying form for the club has convinced me to have a go, his goal against England the other week was exceptional. I know one player doesn't make a team, but one player makes a difference. Cluj received direct entry to the CL, while Basel came through two rounds of qualifying, against Hungary's Debrecen and Sheriff of Moldova. I reckon Basel will be more prepared for this game and are in better form. Good luck all.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Yesterday I used to place my bets using the dropping odds monitor. It said Twente is dropping, so does Bremen +0. Both WON :) Today, as far as I can see at this stage, the dropping are on Auxerre and Zillina. Both have VERY high odds (Auxerre 8 and above and Zillina 11 and above) I would take both AHC, small stake. Current dropping odds table (taken from hot-odds.com): 59505067.png Good luck! :clap

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Bayern Munich v Roma - Bayern -1 H'cap @ 2.88 Bluesq Runners up last year, Bayern will be keen to set their mark on the Champions League again. Roma were thrashed at the weekend, they went down to 10 men which didn't help but that wasn't the best way to head to Munich. The hosts hold a bundle of talent and although its early days in the season and everyone might not be firing I feel they'll have to much for Roma and can win this comfortably.

Haven't watched much of Auxerre either, but judging from the stats one could argue that they play a pretty tight game. Last year, for example, in the French League 1 they had an overall goal differential of 39-28. That made them the best defense in the top 5, but also the worst offense in the top 5. Their away record (2009-2010) of 8-6-4 was quite strong, I think. They took points in 14 out of 18 matches in a very competitive league. This year, Auxerre's start is not that good (0-4-1; 4-6 goals), but 4 draws in 5 matches in a league where, currently, the draw has been the result 37% of the time is not that bad. It seems, though, that Auxerre may be going through a bit of "draw phase". Hence, I expect them to play a very cautious game and only take their chances from set pieces and the counter. The real question is: what will Milan do? I fear for the worst after their performance with newly promoted Cesena, albeit as visitors. Last year, in Milan's first home CL match they were similarly priced against Zurich and they lost 0-1. I think they were also similarly priced against Cesesna on Sunday. So, why trust them now? Even if Milan do manage a win I can't see it by more than a goal so taking them with a handicap, in order to improve the odds, is highly risky. In fact, the value is probably with Auxerre. I am going to go with: Milan - Auxerre: Auxerre +1 (AH) @ 2.38 (Canbet) 10/10 I think the odds are too good to resist.
Guys the positive handicap confuses me, if you take Auxerre at +1 are you hoping that the game will be a draw so that you can win? Because the way I see it Milan could possibly win this game 1-0 so I think a handicap of +1 is too risky.

Guys the positive handicap confuses me' date= if you take Auxerre at +1 are you hoping that the game will be a draw so that you can win? Because the way I see it Milan could possibly win this game 1-0 so I think a handicap of +1 is too risky.
Also if the result is 1-0 for AC Milan, the bet will be VOID no?

I don't understand your point about Twente and Bremen. They were both big movers in the market' date=' yes. But neither of them won, as you stated.[/quote'] Sorry, I will explain again, both dropped Home and Draw (+0.5 or +0). Twente for example, wasnt the favorite, the odds started really high, and dropped almost by 50%. I am following odds movement every day, the odds never drop that big without a reason. And actually, I dont really know the reason why they dropped, but it did the trick.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Okay, so if you had taken +0.5 on Twente, you have a winning bet. But Bremen (if they were level ball) would be stake returned. Interesting moves on Auxerre and Zilna today. I was looking at opposing Chelsea in some shape (either on goal supremacy or HT/FT) and I also think Auxerre will be tough for Milan.