UEFA Champions League > 15th September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September

Arsenal v Braga As been stated previously, Arsenal are formidable at home in the Champions League and are in the habit of racking up the goals against 'weaker' opposition. I saw Braga home and away against Celtic and to be honest, wasn't that impressed. Despite going through 3-2 on aggregate the Celtic team was full of new players and manager so I wouldn't read too much into that. However, their win home and away to Sevilla was impressive considering Sevilla are an established Champions League side. Despite this I can't see past Arsenal and feel the -1.5 AH at evens is too good to turn down. Selections: Arsenal -1.5 AH @2.02 with Betfair - 4 units Real Madrid v Ajax I think Real are far too short here. With a new manager, they have only played two competitive games and struggled in both against mediocre opposition in La Liga. It takes time for a new manager and players to gel, and I can't justify Real at 1.33. I'm not saying they won't win, however it won't be as easy as the bookies think and I can't see them winning by more than one goal if they do. Ajax are a dangerous side who managed to hold onto their best players over the summer and have made an unbeaten start to their domestic season. Selection: Ajax +1.5 AH @ 2.02 with Betfair - 3 units
Small profit.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info i just went with -1.5 on bet365 for 1.95 reason for it i see a 2-0 or 3-1 scoreline.... it would be just as bad as fergie's choices if jose plays two defensive midfielders... :hope and goodnight need some rest before the games!
:nana followed you pyscho with the bayern bet.... you sealed my thoughts on that game. only thing that shit me was ac milan i waited in play i was going to wait another 10 minutes till ibra put the first in...they were at 1.95 at that time

Arsenal vs Braga Arsenal have started the season well and, as usual, have scored plenty of goals. They are missing a couple players but also have Clichy and Sagna returning to boltster their defence. They have proven European performers and on their day can put 4 or 5 past any of the sides they come accross at this stage of the competition. Braga have done well to get this far, dumping out Sevilla and Celtic, but tonight will be on another level to anything they have faced before. I cant see anything other than an Arsenal win but dont think it will be a 4-0 or 5-0 job. A comfortable win though is easily achievable and i have no problems placing a strong stake on them covering the -1 handicap. Selection: 6pts Arsenal (-1) to beat Braga at 1.95 with Bet365
Never in danger really :ok Well done all winners!

Thanks Atko. Great write-up! Was looking for some analysis here on Auxerre before deciding whether to bet on the match.:ok Milan vs Auxerre Milan (-1.0) @ 1.82(SBO) Clear win on Milan here for me. They are playing at home with a new manager in charge and an almost full strength squad with Nesta and Seedorf back. With Ibrahimovic-Robinho-Pato partership up front, I think they can score anytime especially when they have service from Seedorf and Pirlo. Ibrahimovic missed a penalty in his last match but that doesnt mean he becomes 50% worse because of it. He still has lots of quality and can definitely score here. And Im not convinced at all by Auxerre's defence. At the back, Milan will likely play with Sokratis/Bonera and Nesta. Its a doubt whether they can keep a clean sheet here but I do believe it is unlikely Auxerre will score more than 1. Their main danger will be Jelen who is a really good striker. The doubt I have is whether he will get good service tonight, with Ambrosini/Seedorf marking Pedretti. Overall, I see Milan winining this, and Id give them >55% chance to win by at least 2 goals. Real Madrid vs Ajax Real Madrid (-1.75) @ 2.21(SBO) Big handicap here which I think Real will beat. Of course much of this match will depend on the line-ups, but considering their next match is against newly promoted Real Sociedad, I think Mourinho will be looking to win here and use his first choice 11. With a front 3 of Benzema, Ronaldo and Higuain, I cant see Real failing to score, especially against a weaker opponent. Ozil/Granero and Alonso will be the creative spark from midfield, and with Khedira/Diarra as destroyer, I think Madrid will over-run Ajax here. Up front, I also dont see Ajax scoring. With Suarez out suspended, Hammoudi may start alone/ partner Mido up front. Either way, I cant see the vistors scoring here. GL:hope
How many chances did Ronaldo + Di Maria miss? 23shots, 0 goals between the 2? :lol Madrid match should have easily beaten 2 goal handicap but its still a half win:ok Milan comfortably won after Robinho came on which was surprising, guess they needed that bit more creativity Pato didnt offer? Overall, combined with loss on Inter bet yesterday and small profit on Werder match (in-play) brings total of CL bets for the week to Picks: 5, 2won, 1half-won, 1half-lost, 1 lost. (60%SR?) Staked: 4units Returned: 4.935units Profit: 0.935units (23.3%Yield):cheers Congrats to all the winners for the night:nana

Arsenal -1 vs Braga @ 10/11 (Paddy Power: 6pts) Bet of the round I think, can see a comfortable win for us. We've lost a few players granted...Theo, Van Persie, Diaby and Vermaelen also short-term injuries.....but Nasri, Denilson, Chamakh and Squillaci will come in without much fuss. Fabregas showed signs of a return to his best against Bolton and I expect him to be the difference again tonight.Braga have played some good stuff to get this far and full credit to them considering the budget they work on....but the fun stops tonight...I expect a 2-0 win minimum for us. Also have a small punt on Arshavin to net anytime. Arshavin to score anytime vs Braga @ 6/4 (Will Hil: 1pt) Think this is worth a play. I've been impressed with Arshavin so far....he's looked quite sharp so far and has notched a couple of goals, and should have had 2 or 3 on Saturday. He also likes the European nights and can sometimes put in that extra 5% in these nights. Him and Chamakh will be relied upon to get the goals tonight....Chamakh is odds on to score anytime and I think Arshavin should be around 2-00-2.25. Even Vela is a shorter price than Arshavin here which is crazy. Worth a punt IMO. GL!
WIN WIN Good work tonight btw fellas!

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September An interesting night. Quite a few guys did well. Milan were fortunate in my eyes. A bit more quality and Auxerre would have caused huge problems. The chance just before HT was mental. All the guy has to do is lift his head, square the ball and that's it 1-0. Then on who knows. Milan's goal was out of nothing really and I think if you sit in and press the midfield it is quite easy to stop this team working. KPB improves their midfield a lot just with his energy and runs forward. Glad I didn't get involved as I was looking at Auxerre +1 which would have lost. Some nice reads on the Arsenal game, nice one.

I was initially thinking Arsenal - 3 @17/20 corners, but Nicko you got me thinking, ive often said that the team thats more likely to lose dont end losing big corner handicaps an end up grabbing a few trying to get back in the game. Also in vice versa the team that losing sometimes dont even get out there own half an end up giving away lots of corners due to there backs being against the wall. With Braga you no there want be afraid to venture forward, they seem to be an attack minded team, so im willing to side with them at the prices on offer. Braga + 4 corners @ 21/20 Bet 365 :clap The match went to plan As a few said earlier Zilina, Chelsea could be low scoring contest, the Blues travel to unknown surroundings, its sure to be hostile cagey affair. Zillina v Chelsea Under 2.5 goals @ Evs Betfred :eyes team line up meant nothing Marseille will be looking to get there campaign of to a good start, they have got a few decent players an they should make home advantage count against a average Spartark side, but in saying in that Spatark have won the last 2 at the Stade Velodrome i hope its not 3rd time lucky :eyes Marseille @ 4/6 Paddy Power :@ Shit I like Ajax + 2 but with Luis Saurez not playing im not filled with confidence anymore, also Bayern to go over 2 was on my mind, but with players missing it could be low scoring Cluj an Basel should be a tight encounter and doubt there will be much in it i see another low scoring affair. Cluj v Basel Under 2.5 goals @ 8/11 Bet365 :( In regards to Milan at those prices you would expect a win, but i want be rushing into them at those odds. if they win it want be by a big margin also i dont see Auxerre finding the net . Milan v Auxerre Under 2.5 goals @ 9/10 Bet 365 :clap
Not to bad i guess :unsure

I just wrote a big write up but it said I needed to refresh the page then it lost it :wall so here is mine with quick summary/ With Betfair: Zilina Chelsea under 2.5 @ 2.04 They are missing big attackers and only went over once in group stages away from home last time out Marseille v Moscow both to score @ 1.87 Marseille defence problems have been well documented, converted Mbia to CB though he hates playing there. Conceded 8 in 5 in league- third worst in Ligue. Spartak's Welliton has scored a goal a game in Russian league and MacGeady was hot property in Scotland for many years. Arsenal AH @ 1.5 @ 10/11 Arsenal win to 0 @ 5/4 Arsenal win both 1/2s @ evens the AH would have been successful in all of Arsenals CL games last season at home bar the Barca game. I feel Braga's attack is being overstated due to Palop's mistakes in last game where they won 4-3 away in Spain. They only scored 48 in league last year- 30 shy of 1st and 3rd placed Benfica and Porto.
Nice profit due to the goonies. :cow (also did score in both 1/2s but forgot to write it) That last bet was actually 11/8 and not evens when I put it on... Marseille disappointed me, anyone who watched the game think it was a deserved win for Spartak? I know Marseille hit the post in stoppage time :eyes

Arsenal - Sporting Braga Most people are expecting an easy win for Arsenal here. However, Braga should not be underestimated because they knocked out Celtic and Sevilla to reach the Champions League and I think bookies underrated them a lot. Pricing them @ 12.00 is something I can't understand. If I am correct Blackpool was priced @ 15.00. Arsenal scored in their last 10 games and Braga in their last 9 out of 10. Both teams play attacking football and I expect goals in this game and will be very surprised if this one will not have plenty of goals. Both to Score @ 2.10 Paddy Power
How did Braga reached the group stage is a big mystery :wall

I dont where did you find this lineup but Fernandinho is surely out for Shakhtar. Bozovic,Knezevic,Lomic and Jovanovic dont play for Partizan anymore. Davidov and Boya will be on bench. Lineup should be:Stojkovic;, Miljkovic;, Krstajic;, Savic;, Lazevski, Medo, Petrovic;, Ilic;, Tomic;, Iliev, Kleo
you're right it was my mistake. Hello :ok

Shakhtar- Partizan =over (1.85) bet365 stake 5 / 10 First match of Group H. Shakhtar had already participated in the UEFA Champions League in 2009 with some reinforcements such as Brazilian striker Eduardo da Silva (Arsenal) and the Ukrainian Central Chygrynskiy (Barcelona), Luiz Adriano, Jadson, Willian. The team is coached by a very experienced coach Mircea Lucescu, is the current leader of the Ukrainian league, two points ahead of arch-rival, Dinamo Kiev. The strength Shakhtar is to have good players in the team as the Brazilian new signing from Villarreal Bruno Renan. In Shakhtar midfielder Fernandinho missing through injury. Partizan eliminated Anderlecht. The team played really well in both games against the Belgians, especially in attack, scoring four goals in two games. The team has a strong offensive force but the defensive line is much weaker, especially with the absence of two key defenders as: Marko Jovanovic and Ivan Stevanovic Mladen Krstajić while the captain is in doubt through injury. Possible configurations: Shakhtar Donetsk: Pyatov, Srna, Hübschman, Rakitsky, Rats, Stepanenko, Fernandinho, Edward, William, Jadson, Adrian. Partizan Belgrade: Mladen Bozovic, Knezevic, Lomic, Marko Jovanovic, Stankovic, Petrovic, Davidov, Ilic, Jovanovic, Kleo, Boia :hope:hope:hope
No profit :@