UEFA Champions League > 15th September

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September

Okay, so if you had taken +0.5 on Twente, you have a winning bet. But Bremen (if they were level ball) would be stake returned. Interesting moves on Auxerre and Zilna today. I was looking at opposing Chelsea in some shape (either on goal supremacy or HT/FT) and I also think Auxerre will be tough for Milan.
I would take Zilna +1 or something, mainly because chelsea playing without Drogba, and they never scored too many goals away from home when playing in European games. If we add that info to the dropping odds, I guess AHC +1 would be very solid bet. Good luck with it:)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September after a pretty ordinary first day of UCL betting :wall Utd :lol im looking to get back a little bit and add to my winnings. Ive gone for 3 games, i see value. Not much to bet on to be honest. Arsenal over Braga - Arsenal to win by 2 or more @1.72 Arsenals home form in group stages in UCL is amazing. they score for fun, have been doing so this season on PL aswell. Braga like to attack which will open them up for Arsenal to have many many many chances. If they convert a quarter of said chances then im home and hosed :hope Even though they have a few key players out, they still have such a strong squad. Easy Arsenal win, hopefully for me by atleast 2 Marseille over Spartak @ 1.65 (down from 1.70 as i was typing) The french lads have had a somewhat quite start to the season, i feel they can turn this around. Seasoned UCL team, they usually are rather good at home in Europe. Spartak on the other hand are somewhat of a mixed bag. They are a great team, but like most Russian teams really struggle away from home, even more so when its in western europe. Bayern over Roma @ 1.62 Was hoping for a better price, more like 1.80 etc, but i think Bayern should get this. Roma have been poor for awhile, and are a team on a decline. Bayern usually aim up in UCL games and need to get a few goals to kick start their season. Bayern by 2 or more goals @ 3.00 seams tatsy aswell. Either way i think Bayern should be too good for a poor poor Roma team who have really not impressed. Combined Multi 4.59 TAB Sportsbet Australia

I would take Zilna +1 or something, mainly because chelsea playing without Drogba, and they never scored too many goals away from home when playing in European games. If we add that info to the dropping odds, I guess AHC +1 would be very solid bet. Good luck with it:)
Zilina +1 means that for bet will win if match will end in a draw or if Zilina wins. I guess Draw/Chelsea is a much better option which is available at around 4.00-4.50.

Zilina +1 means that for bet will win if match will end in a draw or if Zilina wins. I guess Draw/Chelsea is a much better option which is available at around 4.00-4.50.
Yeah not sure what you're getting at there..guessing you mean double chance on Zilina but that isn't 4.0 anywhere best price is about 3.75..

Yesterday I used to place my bets using the dropping odds monitor. It said Twente is dropping, so does Bremen +0. Both WON :) Today, as far as I can see at this stage, the dropping are on Auxerre and Zillina. Both have VERY high odds (Auxerre 8 and above and Zillina 11 and above) I would take both AHC, small stake. Current dropping odds table (taken from hot-odds.com): 59505067.png Good luck! :clap
Yesterday there were heavy gambles and odds cuts for werder, twente, man united and bursaspor. None of them won. If you had taken handicaps you would have won on twente, stake returned on werder and lost on man u and bursaspor. Would mean a loss to level stakes. Its always worth watching the odds movements I do it all the time but yesterday proved that you cant blindly follow the money.

REAL MADRID V.S. AJAX

2016.gif1515.gif

Big big big game for Jose Mourihno, the champions league veteran. Will Cristiano Ronaldo open his scoring chequebook tonight? We shall see..

Anyone likes statistics? Lets do some statistics shall we? :lol

• The last time Real Madrid has failed to score at home was against Barcelona on 11/04/10. The previous time Real Madrid has failed to score at home was against Liverpool on 26/02/09. So between 26/02/09 till 11/04/10, Real Madrid has scored in every single match. That is 30 matches in total. May i also add that out of these 30 matches, they have lost only 4?

• The last time Ajax has failed to score on away grounds was against Twente in 01/08/10.They have failed to score against Juventus on 26/02/10 as well.

For the past 10 home/away matches, Ajax has kept 4 clean sheets while Real Madrid has kept only 2 clean sheets! So wait, shouldn't Real Madrid be the underdog tonight?

However, if you do notice, Real Madrid has never won games with defending.Besides, they are highly likely to concede a goal tonight.However,they have this mentality that if you score 1, they will score 3. Ajax on the other hand will probably try to sneak 1 or 2 goals in and defend like theres no tomorrow. But that tactic wont work on Real Madrid. Real Madrid is due to perform like Barcelona sooner or later, and i say it happens tonight.

REAL MADRID -1.5 @ 1.94 188BET OVER 3.25 @ 2.25 188BET

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Real Madrid - Ajax Real Madrid to win Real Madrid at home should always be stronger then Ajax. I saw last weekends game (1st half only) and oké, it still wasn't great and they'll have to play a lot faster, BUT I don't think Ajax will only defend in Madrid. I think they'll try to attack aswell Ajax is missing Suarez and vertonghen who are both important players to Ajax. Suarez is the scoring guy who also gives assists,... With El Hamdaoui he has a good fellow striker next to him, but I don't think El Hamdaoui can do it by himself. Vertonghen is one of the leaders in defense. With Alderweireld he has a good defender next to him, but he's still young and needs a bit of experience next to him.Probably Oojer or Oleguer will take Vertonghen's place in defense, but I think they are a bit to slow to play against the fast Real Madrid attackers.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Arsenal v Braga As been stated previously, Arsenal are formidable at home in the Champions League and are in the habit of racking up the goals against 'weaker' opposition. I saw Braga home and away against Celtic and to be honest, wasn't that impressed. Despite going through 3-2 on aggregate the Celtic team was full of new players and manager so I wouldn't read too much into that. However, their win home and away to Sevilla was impressive considering Sevilla are an established Champions League side. Despite this I can't see past Arsenal and feel the -1.5 AH at evens is too good to turn down. Selections: Arsenal -1.5 AH @2.02 with Betfair - 4 units Real Madrid v Ajax I think Real are far too short here. With a new manager, they have only played two competitive games and struggled in both against mediocre opposition in La Liga. It takes time for a new manager and players to gel, and I can't justify Real at 1.33. I'm not saying they won't win, however it won't be as easy as the bookies think and I can't see them winning by more than one goal if they do. Ajax are a dangerous side who managed to hold onto their best players over the summer and have made an unbeaten start to their domestic season. Selection: Ajax +1.5 AH @ 2.02 with Betfair - 3 units

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September MSK Zilina + 1.5 @ 1.91 - Betfair V Chelsea. As mentioned above by Western Skies, Chelsea don't tend to run away with their away CL fixtures too often, and tonight they will be without Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, and Didier Drogba. Three key players all miss out. I'm presuming this is Zilina's cup final pretty much, so I can see a lot of fight and determination from the home side. Arsenal - 4 Asian Corner handicap @ 1.9 - BET365 v Sporting de Braga. Going to try another corner handicap tonight. I'd expect from Arsenal on CL night, a pretty fierce performance. Braga should be under the cosh quite a bit here, and Arsenal naturally tend to do very well on corners.

CFR Cluj v Basel @ 3.00 Bet365

I don't know about any of you but I see this price too good to turn down. They're playing at a neutral ground so theres no home advantage here. Cluj have had a very poor start to their domestic season and have just only appointed a new coach 2 days ago, that could potentially boost their performance, but not in my eyes. Basel are a very good team, and the fact that 18 year old Xherdan Shaqiri is in flying form for the club has convinced me to have a go, his goal against England the other week was exceptional. I know one player doesn't make a team, but one player makes a difference.

Cluj received direct entry to the CL, while Basel came through two rounds of qualifying, against Hungary's Debrecen and Sheriff of Moldova. I reckon Basel will be more prepared for this game and are in better form.

Good luck all.

Really really very good info. I will follow you on this bet. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Bayern Munich - Roma under 2.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Much of Bayern's offensive threat has been taken away with both Ribery and Robben so they may find it difficult ot break down Roma here who are likely to come to Munich to play for a point given that they have a number of injuries to players like Mexes. Riise, Vucinic and Taddei. Bayern's defence should be well protected by van Bommel and Schweinsteiger, who are good players, but have yet to capture the form they showed in the World Cup. You get the feeling that many of Bayern's internationals who played in South Africa, may be lethargic as they do not have enough time to recover, and it showed in their draw with Werder Bremen where they played better than them, but did not finish them off. Roma will play it very tight so doubt that they will venture forward to trouble the home side but will look to be organised at the back to let little through Zilina - Chelsea under 2.5 @ 2.01 centrebet Chelsea are without their main striker in Drogba for this game and while Anelka is a good player, he does not have the same presence in front of goals. Lampard also misses out while they are still missing Bosingwa and now also Cole who were very good attacking options when coming out of the defence. Though they are playing well domestically and now they are much more talented than Ziliina, would not be surprised if they come into this game complacent and allow the home side to have a fair amount of ball. Zilina will look to not allow too much space in their defensive third of the field, as they are likely to park the bus here. Their forwards should not trouble the Chelsea defence while the away team will be content to sit back and soak up any pressure once they go a goal in front. Doubt there will be many goals in this game if Chelsea takes it easy here Real Madrid - Ajax under 2.5 @ 2.58 centrebet Real are much more solid at the back and especially with the more defence minded Mourinho at the helm, doubt that he will allow his players to attack at will. He has shown this in his two Primera Liga games where he beat Osasuna 1-0 and drew 0-0 at Mallorca that it will be very tough to break his team down, but this takes away much of their attacking impetus. Teams will also more than likely play it very tight against them and expect Ajax to be no difference. They are without their main goalscorer in Suarez which takes away their main option in scoring. Howeve with Ajax already having played 4 CL games and a few more domestic games than Real, they will have a match fitness edge over Madrid and expect them to cut down their ability to mount attacks which will frustrate the home side

CFR Cluj v Basel @ 3.00 Bet365

I don't know about any of you but I see this price too good to turn down. They're playing at a neutral ground so theres no home advantage here. Cluj have had a very poor start to their domestic season and have just only appointed a new coach 2 days ago, that could potentially boost their performance, but not in my eyes. Basel are a very good team, and the fact that 18 year old Xherdan Shaqiri is in flying form for the club has convinced me to have a go, his goal against England the other week was exceptional. I know one player doesn't make a team, but one player makes a difference.

Cluj received direct entry to the CL, while Basel came through two rounds of qualifying, against Hungary's Debrecen and Sheriff of Moldova. I reckon Basel will be more prepared for this game and are in better form.

Good luck all.

The match will be played on CFR's own ground. Bet365 has made a mistake.

CFR Cluj v Basel @ 3.00 Bet365 I don't know about any of you but I see this price too good to turn down. They're playing at a neutral ground so theres no home advantage here.

cfr will play this game on its own stadium in cluj,so your info is wrong.otherwise,i think basel is favourite,regardless the odds. the romanian team just sacked its coach 2 days ago.sorin cartu is the new trainer and he is known in the romanian football as a coach who loves cattenacio style,defending is his first option,even if he had been a briliant striker back in the days. i grant basel as being in a much better form than cfr is,i dont't think they lose tonight,but odds for "x2'' are pretty decent too

Arsenal - Sporting Braga Most people are expecting an easy win for Arsenal here. However, Braga should not be underestimated because they knocked out Celtic and Sevilla to reach the Champions League and I think bookies underrated them a lot. Pricing them @ 12.00 is something I can't understand. If I am correct Blackpool was priced @ 15.00. Arsenal scored in their last 10 games and Braga in their last 9 out of 10. Both teams play attacking football and I expect goals in this game and will be very surprised if this one will not have plenty of goals. Both to Score @ 2.10 Paddy Power
As I said bookies underestimate Braga in this game and I see them causing Arsenal surprise and since Arsenal normally plays better in the second half I it will not surprise me at all if Braga will be leading at half time. So, I will aslo take HT/FT bet in this one. Sporting Braga/Arsenal @ 29.00 Ladbrokes ________________________________________________ Bayern Munchen - Roma Even though it was mentioend already that both teams are not in good form when it comes to Champions League the teams normally play a different game than they do in their respective leagues. Bayern very rarely beats handicap and most of the time wins by just one goal, so will go with correct score bet here. Bayern 2-1 @ 8.00 Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September No bet for me on Marseille game. With this odds most people will play on HW but i think it wont be easy. Last year Marseille started with Milan defeat at home. I think we have to find some other bets to jump. Think like bookies and find bets different then most people play. GL. all

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Arsenal v Sporting Braga Arsenal @ 1.34 (Pinnacle) I'm not usually a fan of taking short odds but I make an exception on this game. Arsenal have started the Premier League season strongly despite having plenty of injury problems. The likes of Van Perise, Diaby, Walcott and Vermelean will all be missing for this game, but despite these missing players they've got enough quality in their team to win this game. Arsenal can be sometimes guilty of missing chances, as was the case against Bolton at the weekend where they went in at half-time 1-1 when they had plenty of chances to score more goals. There seems to be a bit more resilience about Arsenal this year and they look like they are capable of digging results out even when not at their best. Both Clichy and Sagna were rested on Saturday and they should comeback in for this game and provide their usual attacking threat as they join in with play from their fullback positions. Cesc Fabregas was superb against Bolton and looks back to somewhere near full fitness after injury problems last season and his World Cup antics. New striker Chamak has also started the season well and will be looking here to open his tally in the Champions League for his new club. Arsenal have a superb record at home in general, but especially in the Champions Legaue group stage having only failed to win on one occassion (Fenerbache 0-0 in 2008) in their last nine CL group home games over the past three seasons. In last seasons competition they won five games on the bounce at home including against Porto in the last 16 before a draw with Barcelona ended their winning streak. Price has actually drifted from 1.30 which is what I took. Thought 1.30 was fair enough but the 1.34 looks even better. Arsenal should win this sort of game four times out of five in my opinion.

MSK Zilina + 1.5 @ 1.91 - Betfair V Chelsea. As mentioned above by Western Skies, Chelsea don't tend to run away with their away CL fixtures too often, and tonight they will be without Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, and Didier Drogba. Three key players all miss out. I'm presuming this is Zilina's cup final pretty much, so I can see a lot of fight and determination from the home side. Arsenal - 4 Asian Corner handicap @ 1.9 - BET365 v Sporting de Braga. Going to try another corner handicap tonight. I'd expect from Arsenal on CL night, a pretty fierce performance. Braga should be under the cosh quite a bit here, and Arsenal naturally tend to do very well on corners.
You might need an extra bit of luck for the corner H'cap in London, Jase. I often do corners, mostly in-play in Brasil Primera & B. A couple of times followed some of your picks here with Corner H'cap. Not this time though... First, Arsenal as a rule play more intelligent football - not necessary every time they attack the winger is desperate to get to the line and cross in the box. Long-range shots are not very common either. On the other hand Braga often uses the wings too, and it is worth mentioning that I often see Portuguese games in-play with no less corners than EPL. Long-range shots - plenty of them in Portugal in general, and Braga are no strangers to these either. I can't see Arsenal going blazing guns tonight - Braga away to Sevilla were deadly on counters, and if we saw it, so did Wenger. With cautious game - less corners. If Arsenal take the lead, I also do not see them pressing full power further, rather see them killing the game, waiting for Braga to open up. This scenario is against your pick though, Braga going forward to level a possible Arsenal lead would mean more corners to them. Not necessary, but such is the logic. I can see you pick coming comfortably if Braga take the lead. Wish you all the luck though...maybe my logic is wrong as most of my picks last night.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Just noticed the Chelsea team news, was thinking about this bet anyway but looks even better now with the news. Zilina v Chelsea Under 2.5 goals @ 2.20 (StanJames) Most bookmakers have slashed their price on unders to around evens after the Chelsea team has been announced but Stan James still have a standout 2.20 available. Chelsea line-up: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Zhirkov, Essien, Benayoun, Mikel, Sturridge, Malouda, Anelka Chelsea's two potent goalscorers in Drogba and Lampard both miss out on this game. A large majority of Chelsea's goals are scored by these two players and thus Chelsea's attacking threat will be reduced with them missing. A.Cole is also not playing who is a very attacking full-back who is often involved in attacking play. Chelsea often play a tight some would say defensive manner of play away in Europe, In recent seasons they've had plenty of low-scoring games away which included 1-0 wins over Porto & APOEL whilst drawing 0-0 at Cluj and Olympiakos. Chelsea's defense has looked really strong so far this season and I expect that to continue in this game. Probably going to be a tough game for Chelsea but I expect them to win but it may only be by the one goal. Think under 2.5 goals is a good option here simply for the fact Chelsea are experienced in tricky away encounters like this one and know how to defend and control a game.

Wish you all the luck though...maybe my logic is wrong as most of my picks last night.
No your spot in in your assessment Nicko. I've taken what you've said on board, and :hope Arsenal have to fight for the win. It's a call I'm prepared to make.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Arsenal-Braga, Braga +1.5 AH 1.85 b365. Braga have roared into the Champions league, taking out Celtic and beating the shellshocked Sevilla home and away. Their current form is solid, losing narrowly to Porto at the weekend. Arsenal have not been really tested so far this season, tonight they will be.

Just noticed the Chelsea team news, was thinking about this bet anyway but looks even better now with the news. Zilina v Chelsea Under 2.5 goals @ 2.20 (StanJames) Most bookmakers have slashed their price on unders to around evens after the Chelsea team has been announced but Stan James still have a standout 2.20 available. Chelsea line-up: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Zhirkov, Essien, Benayoun, Mikel, Sturridge, Malouda, Anelka Chelsea's two potent goalscorers in Drogba and Lampard both miss out on this game. A large majority of Chelsea's goals are scored by these two players and thus Chelsea's attacking threat will be reduced with them missing. A.Cole is also not playing who is a very attacking full-back who is often involved in attacking play. Chelsea often play a tight some would say defensive manner of play away in Europe, In recent seasons they've had plenty of low-scoring games away which included 1-0 wins over Porto & APOEL whilst drawing 0-0 at Cluj and Olympiakos. Chelsea's defense has looked really strong so far this season and I expect that to continue in this game. Probably going to be a tough game for Chelsea but I expect them to win but it may only be by the one goal. Think under 2.5 goals is a good option here simply for the fact Chelsea are experienced in tricky away encounters like this one and know how to defend and control a game.
I like your reasoning and personally based on that I can see the only one result in this game. Chelsea 1-0 @ 7.00 Ladbrokes

hey guys im quite confused what this bet means...im thinking real madrid will win by two goals Real Madrid -1.5, -2 do i do this or -2? thanks and sorry for hassles
-1,5, -2 are two bets in one odds. So ur stake will 50% on -1,5 and 50% on -2. If the Team u bet wins for example 2:0 u win half of ur bet and get the half of ur stake back! But if the team wins with 3 goals or more like 3:0 or 4:1 u will win the full bet ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > 15th September Always found the unders/overs markets very difficult to predict, don't know what the historical stats are for Champions League games at this stage but I would imagine there are more unders..In terms of the Chelsea bet I think the unders is a logical call but I can see Zilina scoring so I won't take it, I had success with both teams scoring last night and I'm going for it again with Arsenal v Braga, a fair bit of analysis has been put into this already so I won't repeat too much think 2.1 is too generous though would have had poss 1.8-1.9. Arsenal will not win the league untill they get the defence sorted out and although they have put a bit of effort in over the summer conceding goals against Blackburn and Bolton is not a good start. Vem missing is a big blow, along with Sagna he is their best defender, Clichy has been inconsistent for a fair while now shame as he was on the way to being an Ashley Cole level player a couple of years ago..Braga are a different type of proposition to what they have faced so far and although I don't see them losing I don't think it will be easy, Braga were not really trying at Celtic Park after a comprehensive first leg win but managed to score early to totally put the tie to bed, not much to say about the Sevilla game Sevilla totally played the wrong way against them and got murdered on the counter..Wenger will have watched this and will try not to make the same mistakes, but as I said they don't have a very good defence and usually get found out against better sides. Arsenal v Braga Both to Score 2.1

-1' date='5, -2 are two bets in one odds. So ur stake will 50% on -1,5 and 50% on -2. If the Team u bet wins for example 2:0 u win half of ur bet and get the half of ur stake back! But if the team wins with 3 goals or more like 3:0 or 4:1 u will win the full bet ;)[/quote'] that was the best explanation......:notworthy thanks & GL

hey guys im quite confused what this bet means...im thinking real madrid will win by two goals Real Madrid -1.5, -2 do i do this or -2? thanks and sorry for hassles
If you think Madrid will win by at least 2 goals bet either -1.5 Asian Handicap or -1 European Handicap which is referred to on most betting sites as just handicap..they are exactly the same bet but the odds are often different, for example tonight you can get up to 2.13 for Arsenal on the -1.5AH but the highest -1EH is 1.95 so you can see the difference..