Tennis - US Open

Re: Tennis - US Open Pennetta x Melzer Double @ 1.8 (Pinnacle:4/10) Think price is drifting slightly but have taken this. Feel Pennetta is a class above Szavay on hard. Two of my favourite players but Flavia is a bit more consistent with her groundstrokes. Szavay has been on a superb run on clay in recent months and great win against weak S.Zahlavova in rd 1 but I think she'll come unstuck in this one. Melzer had a real struggle against Tursunov but new day and I still doubt whether Berankis can come through a 5 set match like this. Really talented guy who hits the ball cleanly but his serve is not great and while I think he can be competitive here I expect Melzer to come through. He looks like fade material at some point though. GL!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - US Open

One early one for me........... Fognini to win a set vs Verdasco @ 5/4 (Will Hill:3/10) Fognini is a scumbag at the best of times, lost to a nobody in New Haven qualifiers last week(possible tank?) and HC is not his best surface but this bet is more to oppose Verdasco running out a 3-0 winner here. His form since the French has been very average...he's lost to Robredo on clay, needed a 3rd set tie-break to beat Berrer on an outdoor hard court, lost to Baghy, Chardy and Fish in the last few weeks too. Not all bad losses but his game is not where it needs to be. Also Fognini beat him at Wimbledon in the first round in 4 sets so I think he has a good chance to take at least a set here.
This is a tremendous shout mate. This along with Pyscho's Gulbis shout have been bets of the day. Keep it going chaps :ok

Re: Tennis - US Open Sport Tennis Event Nadal v Gabashvili Selection Under 28.5 games Strength 10/10 Date 31/08/2010 Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.80 Reasoning Seems like a reasonable number to go under. I expect Nadal to come out firing tonight. The word is he's been hitting great in practice and getting a night session start with a good atmosphere I think he'll perform well. Gabashvili is ok, but I've never liked him under pressure and conditions in this match I think will hurt him. He also doesn't have a huge serve to take Nadal out of his service games so I expect Nadal to get into a lot of them. 6-4 6-3 6-3 is 28 games so looking for that or anything shorter, I expect Nadal to get at least 1 set 6-1 or 6-2 and them cover this number.

Re: Tennis - US Open Rafael Nadal -9 AH vs Teimuraz Gabashvili. 1.90 @ Centrebet (7/10) This is a sure winner. Rafa has been poor lately losing to Baghdatis and being a matchpoint down to Benneteau in Cincy but he'll be fine against Gabashvili. The Russian player had an injury in New Haven last week and it remains to be seen how much he'll be able to offer. His serve is all over the place and things don't look good. Looks like a walkover this one. They have played couple times before and Rafa has two crushing wins. Gabashvili has only once in 5 sets managed to get more than 2 games. Yet another demolishing in prospect. Unders also good option here! Zuzana Kucova vs Vera Zvonareva. Under 17.5 games. 1.80 @ Skybet (6/10) Another gift on offer. Total no-match. Zvonareva should be able to blow Kucova off the court no matter what. Vera can get very hard down onto herself but not against player like Kucova. They have played once before with Zvonareva dropping just two games. Can see similar scoreline today.

So nice to watch Groths game' date=' double fault after double fault, unforced error after unforced error.. why is she trying to hit the ball so damn hard?[/quote'] If you don't have brain, that's the way you play. All the big hitter play like that. Well, most of them for sure.

If you don't have brain' date=' that's the way you play. All the big hitter play like that. Well, most of them for sure.[/quote']Well, basically watching women tennis overall is torturing yourself. Every single point seems to end the same way: somebody makes a mistake. Love this Cornet also.. leading 1-0 in sets, 1-0 in second set, break point.. and then, losing about every ball-->1-6, and already lost her serve in the third set.

Re: Tennis - US Open If Nadal wins tonight i will only have 3 matches to left to play tomorrow to bring up an accumulator, Murray to beat Larko Querrey to beat Klahn Ljubicic to beat Harrison the odds for the last match are alot closer that the other 2, i would be greatful for any comments on the matches to help me decide if i should lay off and how much. Thanks, Rebel

If Nadal wins tonight i will only have 3 matches to left to play tomorrow to bring up an accumulator, Murray to beat Larko Querrey to beat Klahn Ljubicic to beat Harrison the odds for the last match are alot closer that the other 2, i would be greatful for any comments on the matches to help me decide if i should lay off and how much. Thanks, Rebel
Seen few matches from Harrisson. Have to say he's very talented young man, i don't think Ljubi will grab an easy victory

Re: Tennis - US Open One bet so far for me. I've got a few more on the radar but need prices to move before I hit them. Mikhail Kukushkin vs Stanislas Wawrinka - Stanislas Wawrinka -6.5 games AH @ 2.06 with Pinnacle (7/10) I think there's a pretty big disparity in quality between these two. Wawrinka may be a clay courter by trade but there's no doubt he can play on this surface. He's got to R3 here a number of times. He's consistently been a Top 30 player for a number of years now and has weapons in his forehand and, in particular, his backhand, that many players find tough to deal with. He's also improved on his first serve and is capable of totting up aces. He didn't really do a great deal in the American hard court swing but faced difficult opponents in David Nalbandian (in form), Rafael Nadal (he put up a good fight) and Julien Benneteau (who needed the win for seeding points). Kukushkin is several levels below them. He comes off a good Challenger swing but he's not consistent enough to trouble the big boys at this level. He often goes walkabout on serve and will give chances to Wawrinka. I had the line down as a -8 game handicap so I think the price and the offer hold good value. :hope

If Nadal wins tonight i will only have 3 matches to left to play tomorrow to bring up an accumulator, Murray to beat Larko Querrey to beat Klahn Ljubicic to beat Harrison the odds for the last match are alot closer that the other 2, i would be greatful for any comments on the matches to help me decide if i should lay off and how much. Thanks, Rebel
Im like you man, Im crossing my fingers toes on one of the longest tennis multiple tickets I have come up.I have been following the hard court season since it started, eliminated all streaky players, put the dependables and were in doubt backed americans and south amnericans and so far they have come through. Hewitt and Mayer messed up one multiple on Monday but I knew before I played them that they were doubts. Some of the odds in the first round have been generous but I guess with the year we have had in tennis you cant blame the bookies, I mean how did the bookies ever think Sofia Arvidsson could lose easily to Cristea.:moon Hope most of you guys nailed them on that one yesterday. Fingers crossed for a shock free 2nd round then maybe we can get back all the money we have lost this year! GOOD LUCK:hope

Damn you Baggy! You screwed up my multi~!
Sorry about that man.I was lucky enough I played my Multi after the Baghi game had started.I definitely woiuld have lost big. Im suroprised people arent complaining about jarkko Nieman, he was the shock of last night for me.To lose 3-0:(

Took a few yesterday but forgot to write them up but made a fair profit so looking to build upon that in today's matches. Baghdatis -7.5 games handicap- 4/6 Bet365- 8/10 The Cypriot takes on Arnaud Clement of France who's best tennis days are very much behind him. 34 now, Clement is his last 7 matches has lost 6 of them, 5 of these coming on hard court of which 4 have been in straight sets, and these were against players not of Baghdatis' recent form or overall quality. In recent weeks, he has enjoyed winning runs in New Haven and most notably Cincinnati where he beat Cilic, Bellucci, Berdych and then Nadal before falling to Fed. He played some good tennis then and looked like the player he once was a few years back so he will be looking to carry this form on in the big tournament. The H2H stands at 4-1 in Baghdatis' favour with the last victory coming at Indian Wells in straight sets and if this was a 5 setter, he would have made the handicap which is given here so hopefully he can do the same again today. Benjamin Becker vs Daniel Brands over 37.5 games- 8/11 Bet365- 6/10 Two big servers, two powerful stroke makers and two men who have yet to light the tennis court alight in recent times which stands out to me as an overs match. Both players are similiar in terms of they rely heavily on their first serve which is powerful and usually deadly when they are on song. If you look at both players' recent results, tie breaks are in abundance no matter what the surface and this is echoed by the 4/6 price available for a tie break to happen in the match. Suspect that both players will not want to make a mistake and be quite nervous so I see the overs to happen here. Ferrer vs Dolgopolov over 36.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- 6/10 Like the look of the overs in this one as well. I know alot of people are backing the man from Ukraine to break into the top 10 at some point in the near future and to have a very promising 2011. Easy to see why is you watch him play, never gives up on a point or a match and fights till the end, which is a characteristic of any great player. Both players seem to struggle to have a straight sets win recently, including last week where Ferrer won in 3 sets, so if this trend continues the overs will be reached and I struggle to see how either of the players will win in 3. Fognini +7.5 games handicap- 8/11 Bet365- 5/10 Some may think this will be an extremely easy W/O for Verdasco but I see Fognini troubling the Spaniard today. They have played eachother twice this year and on both occassions Fognini has given Verdasco something to think about. In mexico he took a set off him and then beat him in the last grand slam in Wimbledon which shows that he can give it a go against Verdasco. Both are in simliar form with perhaps Italian just edging it. Can see Fognini taking a set here or at least making it very close and if that happens, can't see Verdasco winning by more than 8 games. Stepanek vs Bennetau over 38.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- 5/10 Interesting match this one IMO. Usually would have it down as a Stepanek win most likely in 3 but due to Benny's recent form that may not be the case. The Frenchman beat Llodra and Wawrinka as well as Istomin recently on hard court and took the first set of Rafa showing how confident he is at the minute. Stepanek had a decent week in New Haven but not brilliant. H2H is 2-1 in Czech's favour and their only grand slam meeting came back in 2006 at the French Open where the overs was reached in 4 sets. Like the overs market with Benny as he seems to like playing tie breaks in his matches so hopefully he will want a few of them today as well. Kuznetsova vs Krumm over 17.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- 4/10 Again taking the overs as I feel the 40 year old from Japan can win at least 6 games here. Her main strength lies within the placement of her shots, making her opponent run around the court. Kuznetsova will certainly not like this and likely chance is she will become frustrated throwing in wild shots. She's not the quickest around the court so 6 games for the Japanese should be very achievable providing the injury she sustained in Montreal doesn't affect her too much. Polansky to beat Monaco- 6/5 Bet365- 3/10 This is the only outright I'm taking today as I see some value in it. The Canadian has had alot more practice on the hard court whilst Monaco has only played 3 matches since the French Open, winning one and losing two. Polansky has won his last 3, coming through the qualifiers so should have some confidence playing the Argentinian. Questions over Monaco's fitness are there as the tempo is going to be quick and not slow like it is on Monaco's favoured clay. At above evens, certainly worth a punt with Polansky and hope he pulls it off.
LOSS- Baggy didn't take the break points in the fourth and was punished LOSS- 2 tie-breaks and still fell 2 games short :wall LOSS- Spaniard blew the youngster off the court WIN- Fognini put in a good shift LOSS- Fell short by 1 lousy game where Stepanek couldn't hold serve at deuce :wall WIN- Comfortable, took it to 3 in the end WIN- Comfortable straight set win for the qualifier Not a great day at at all, couple of games either way in a couple of matches would have been a different story. Minimal loss after the first two days, do some more write-ups later.

Re: Tennis - US Open US OPEN TODAYS PREDICTIONS Ana Ivanovic vs Jie Zheng; Two players in form, Ivanovic is abit unstable at the moment, you dont know what to expect of her and thats not good. I do expect a good match from Zheng who is hitting the ball well at the moment, odds 2.75 is a good price but given the fact that you dont know what to expect from Ivanovic I find value in over 2,5 sets in game at odds 2.35 (b365) Agnes Szavay vs Flavia Pennetta; Not the biggest odds to present but given Flavias good run and fine form I see her taking this match in 2 straight sets at 1.72 (b365), clear win. Flavia loves HC and her record is good aswell. Szavay has clay as her favorite surface, and does it well there, her form is good but I just dont see her having enough to beat Flavia with the pace she is on right now. GOOD GAME:ok

Re: Tennis - US Open One more in the meantime... Dudi Sela vs Xavier Malisse - Dudi Sela @ 2.29 with Pinnacle (3/10) This is a bit of an opportunist bet but I feel it's worth the play. Sela's an enigma of a player. He has a very specific style, mixing the play up with drop shots and little chips. Undoubtedly, his best spell of the year was on the grass court circuit, where he defeated Andy Roddick, but I reckon he could be coming into a bit of form. He won a Challenger event on the hard in Vancouver so confidence will be a bit higher. He also won't fear his opponent. He beat Malisse earlier on in the year in LA in three sets, and I can't imagine his varied game would suit Malisse at all. The Belgian likes to work of rhythm so he can line up his big groundstrokes and Sela will do the complete opposite. Each shot will be different and he'll also look to move Malisse forward, which won't suit the Belgian as he's not the quickest going forward. There's also the question of Malisse's fitness. He pulled out of his opening match in New Haven last week and as a man who has had plenty of injury woes, I wonder if he'll come into the 100%. Sela's a bad match-up for him and I quite fancy the Israeli to prevail. :hope

US OPEN MY PRIDICTIONS FOR TODAYS MATCHES Anne Keothavong vs Yung-Jan Chan; Both players have there best results in doubles. I see Keothavong having a plus in the serve and overall fitness at the moment. Odds are 1.72 at the moment on b365, but have in mind, this is a public bet. Nuria Llagostera Vives vs Iveta Benesova; Iveta is on fire at the moment, great serve and she has good fast runingskills like Vives, but this is HC and Vives is best on clay, meanwhile Iveta seems to have found the perfect time to top in term of form and fitness. Odds are 2.37 on b365 for the clean win 0-2 in sets, and for the carefull ones 1.53 for the win. Feliciano Lopez vs Santiago Giraldo; Giraldo is hitting form right now while Lopez is a bit of a setdown. Both players have a good serve, and both players can play HC tennis, but Giraldo wins in terms of fitness and at odds 2.75 i see great value in a bet on the red hot colombian. Jeremy Chardy vs Ernests Gulbis; Odds 3 on Chardy, hmm the man is on fire at the moment, why cant he make a good effort against Gulbis. Both players are great servers, Gulbis may have HC as his favorit and Chardy has clay, but that does't mean he cant play on HC. +3,5 sets in game at odds 1.61 at b365 is gooood if you dont have the guts to take the Chardy win. Yes I tend to write short reviews, but all in all, it's all about fitness in tennis in my book and thats why tennis is such a good sport to bet on, the odds is allways high on the underdog:ok
LOSS; Anna started well but lost the next two sets, 1-2 Chan. WIN; Iveta did what was expected, won in two sets. LOSS; Lopez won 6-4, 6-4, 6-4. I guess Giraldo had an offday. WIN; Chardy did more than expected, won 3-0 in sets over Gulbis at a nice odds.

Lay off Ljubicic to cover my bet, ill let murray and querrey ride. thanks for the input guys

Re: Tennis - US Open Final one for me today. Wanted the Hanescu handicap but there's no value. Frederico Gil vs John Isner - John Isner -6 games AH @ 2.00 with Pinnacle (8/10) I've got to fancy Isner here. There have been fears about his ankle injury but he won't take to the court unless he's fully fit and he's the sort of guy who will retire if he's hurt during the match. I don't think Gil has much of a chance here. The Portuguese is an average clay court player and the quick conditions here will not suit him. His serve is inconsistent and Isner - a surprisingly decent returner for his height - will get chances. Then there's the Isner serve. At 6ft 9in, he delivers bombs and Gil probably won't get a look-in on it. Because Isner's so good on serve, the pressure will be on Gil to serve well every time, and I'm not sure he'll be able to cope with that. Isner is the new darling of American tennis, on home soil and is defending plenty of points after last year's escapades. A break in each set would at least match this handicap, and I reckon Isner's capable of doing that. :hope

Re: Tennis - US Open Taking these ones today in hope of a more profitable return. Tipsarevic vs Roddick- Over 34.5 games @ 8/13 Bet365- 7/10 Case of the two big servers again here and a case of both players will find it difficult to break. Much like the Becker/Brands match, tie breaks will be expected and should be a longish match. If you look at recent matches against players of the same game, (big serve), Roddick against Soderling there was 2 tie breaks and Tipsarevic's match against Sam Querrey had 2 tie breaks as well. If there are 2 of them today the overs should be reached. Watched Andy against Robert where in truth he dominated but at the same time didn't look brilliant, taking his foot of the gas at the end of the first set. Tipsarevic is a much more competent hard courter and will be a much stiffer test for the home favourite. The H2H is 1-1 with both meetings being at Wimbledon. Again, both matches had 2 tie breaks and 4 sets, so overs seems an obvious choice for me. Ramirez-Hidalgo vs Brown- Brown -3.5 game handicap @ 4/5 Bet365- 5/10 Favouring the Jamaican to make the handicap here for a few reasons. Firstly, Hidalgo was playing in Spain on clay only 2 weeks ago and hasn't had any hard court practice for a while and none in the US for an age whereas Brown got a couple of decent wins in New Haven over Kamke and Rufin. Will be hard the Spaniard to adapt to the humid conditions and the fast surface so quickly. Brown has also had more ATP experience and will cope with the big events better IMO. Simply down to the conditions and lack of practice, favouring Brown to win this and make the handicap too. Monfils vs Andreev- Andreev +4.5 games handicap @ 4/5 Bet365- 5/10 This is more of a bet against the reliability of the Frenchman tbh. You never know what your going to get with Monfils, one minute he's pounding forehand after forehand, the next he's complaining about an injury and calls for the trainer. Been very uncovincing recently, with losses to Falla, Montanes and just about overcame Kendrick, all players who he should really dominate. Andreev has slipped down the ranking and is now outside the top 100 due to his ongoing injury concerns but over the last few weeks has notched up some wins and playing with some confidence. Beaten Clement and Zeballos and could possibly add Monfils to the list today. H2H is 4-1 in Andreev's favour but all the meetings coming a while back before Andreev was injured so that stat isn't too crucial like in other matches. Game is going to depend on what mind set both players are in and who plays the most stupid shots IMO. Was going to take the overs but plumped for the handicap which if Andreev wins a set, should be taken care of. Pironkova vs Minella- Minella +4.5 games handicap @ 10/11 Bet365- 4/10 Could be a real chance of an upset here IMO. Since reaching the final at Wimbledon, Pironkova has done nothing in the hard court season. Lost to Rodionova twice and also in straight sets to a girl ranked just inside the top 100. Her opponent from Luxembourg is on a good run. Although she's ranked at no.185 in the world, she's won her last 4 matches on hard surface, including that of Rodionova, Perry and most notably Hercog in straight sets a couple of days back showing she can beat players of a much higher rank than herself. As I said I fancy Minella to trouble the Bulgarian here and she could even provide a shock result but a 4.5 games handicap is good enough for me. Sela vs Malisse- Sela to win @ 5/4 Bet365- 4/10 Following Atko on this one as I had it on my list anyways. As mentioned, he varies his strokes much like Murray does, with alot of drop shots and deep stokes which Malisse struggles with, again seen when Murray dispatched of him at Wimbledon. The Israeli has won his last 5 on the hard court, including a win over Taylor Dent and Berankis in the final up in Vancouver. Just before this he beat Malisse which will give him some additional confidence. Had a few weeks off as well resting so should be in top condition and as Atko has rightly mentioned, Malisse pulled out in New Haven and fitness is a worry for him so taking a punt on Sela. Errani vs Kleybanova- Errani to win @ 13/8 Bet365- 3/10 Favouring another underdog here to do the job, this time with the Italian. Really suprised to see her having such big odds as IMO, there is hardly anything to choose between the two players. Sure Kleybanova has done well in the past, but recently she has been unsure over her game and losing to players she shouldn't do, hence slipping down the ranking to 30. Both player's form is virtually identical, 5 wins in their last 10 on the surface, perhaps with Kleybanova playing harder opponents however Errani has an impressive win over Jie Zheng. They have played eachother once on hard court earlier this year when Errani won 6-4 7-5 so at this price, I see it more as a 50/50 match so well worth the punt. Harrison vs Ljubicic- Harrison to win @ 9/4 Bet365- 3/10 My third underdog that I've taken is the American teenager Ryan Harrison. He came through the qualifiers impressively and has had some ATP wins as well a month back. He has been playing on the US hard courts for a good while now and will know what he best game is. Ljubicic has had massive injury worries. Hasn't played much tennis at all and the games he has played haven't got to plan. Missed virtually the whole of the grass season and has only played one hard court match for months last week week losing in straights to Nalbandian. Ljubicic beat Harrison earlier this year but the American put in a good performance taking the second set to a tie break and this was before Ljubicic's injuries. Simply can't back the Croatian atm and at the price of the upcoming American talent who will firmly have the crowd behind him, will hope he can spring a surpise.

Re: Tennis - US Open Fishy terrific write ups bud, i definitely had Harrison on my list- ljubicic really lacking any confidence atm, Andreev same reason, Brown same reason, minella same reason, And i will defs be tailing you with Tipsa /rod over Roddick is overrated imo, he plays very very defensive tennis at times and this match will defs go over 3 sets best of luck mate:hope

Event Gil v Isner
Selection Gil +6 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85
Reasoning This is a good match and good oportunity for Gil to make something big for him and for his fans. Isner comes with some big injuries and for sure will try to do only his serve. Not many things to say.

Event Kukushkin v Wawrinka
Selection Kukushkin +6.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 01/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.83
Reasoning Another sweet match. Wawrinka is a talented player but with few games on hard 5-5 last 10 games and 8-2 last 10 games and for Kukushkin. We have some balance here on the first serve for both of them, this create a big chance for close games and why not a set win by Kuku.