Tennis - 9-15 August

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

He looks done mate' date=' too many errors.[/quote'] I hope you're right as I picked Murray, just never know with Murray lately though. Quite a Jekyl and Hyde player at times. His 1st serve has improved though in this game today, and winning a majority of Nalbys 2nd serves is a big positive.

Some stats from this week: Nalbys 1st serve %: Vs Ferrer=60% winning (36/61) Vs Robredo=71% winning (25/29) Vs Soderling=63% winning (40/57) Murrays 1st Serve % Vs Malisse=48% winning (21/24) Vs Monfils=55% winning (27/36) So, Murrays 1st serve this week has been under 60% as Atko mentioned this is quite poor and he hasn't been able to get his 1st serve together and he is playing 1 of the best returners in the game. Nalbys serve has been above 60%, and winning a majority of those points too. Nalby is really going to attack that 2nd serve of Murrays... In statistics of return, Nalby won 76% of Soderlings 2nd serve points yesterday, a very high statistic. However, the game lasted for 128 minutes and fatigue may set in soon even though he's playing on adrenaline right now, if Murray wins the 1st set can you really see Nalby playing out another 2 setter without those stats falling. For Murray to win then it's vital his 1st serve % is going to be higher, he needs to be on the top of his game today he will probably do a lot of drop shots like we seen yesterday but Nalby hasn't got the athletism Monfils had to come to the net in time to get them back over-even if he does Murray will punish him in that department. I really don't know who to choose, on stats i'd favour Nalby with the H2H in his favour too and Murray hasn't been an underdog and won for a very very long time in terms of odds. But fatigue will 1 day set in and Nalbys run will come to an end, 11/10 is a really nice price for a top 4 player.
Won, got the price at 10/11 in the end though as I had a nap-woke up and the price had gone down further more. But a win is a win. Great performance from Murray and he did exactly what he had to do to beat Nalby, better 1st serve and played patiently. Nalby has done extremely well, i'll look forward to backing him next week. :ok

Safe to say Ivanovic is back anyway' date=' crushing the giant right now.[/quote'] It has to be said that she had decent draw. Was expecting a bit more from Akgul today. Ivanovic had done her homework and was playing Amanmuradova's backhand all the time and it worked. Sad to see my over go, but good to see Ana reaching semifinal of Premier event. Should make some movement up the rankings finally.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Sport Tennis Event Roger Federer v Tomas Berdych Selection Tomas Berdych Strength 10/10 Date 13/08/2010 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.00 Reasoning I like my chances with Berdych tonight. He's a different guy the past few months, and mentally seems stronger in big moments. He's beaten Federer twice this year and hasn't lost to him, which must help the confidence. His form the past couple of weeks seems a bit patchy, but I think he's finally reached the level where he can get through matches without playing great then step up for big matches. In a night session with chance to beat Federer again he should be up for it. Federer has had some very average losses in 500 events the past few years, and in the North American tournaments earlier this year he put in pretty abject performances losing to Baghdatis and Berdych both in final set tie breaks. This week so far he's looked patchy, against mediocre opposition, but yet to drop a set. He could be more motivated than usual in this game because of losses to Berdych this year, especially the Wimbledon once which clearly hurt. But I still think this will be a close game, and I have faith in Berdych pulling through, and wouldn't price him above 2.50.

can't believe how many chances clijsters misses :spank 5 set point 3of them in a row it's just funny
Yeah it's incredible how she can hit unbelievable winner which is followed by terrible shot out wide with open court in-front of her. Well, that's perfect example of 2-0 betting on WTA. Could have easily lost that set.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Will have two more plays today... Marion Bartoli > Maria Sharapova. 3.49 @ Pinnacle (3/10) Sharapova clearly overrated in this one. She has had some luck with the draw this week and has had either tired (Kuznetsova) or brainless (Petkovic) or without-serve (Radwanska) type of players to deal with. She has beaten all of them quite comfortably with the exception of Kuznetsova. Bartoli on the other hand has not lost a set and has beaten the likes of Garrigues, A. Bondarenko and Wozniacki of all people. The first two wins no big deal but crushing of Wozniacki surely is. This match will be a baseline slug-fest. Bartoli is pretty good in those and should benefit from Sharapova's service problems. Double faults are still there. The question is will she be able to take her chances. Despite huge difference in odds I think Bartoli has got a chance here. Tomas Berdych vs Roger Federer. Over 22.5 games. 1.85 @ Sportingbet (6/10) Have a feeling of a 3-setter here. Federer has not been convincing in both of his matches thus far as has been the case with Berdych. He is always bringing his best game for this type of matches and this will be no different. Most of their H2H matches have been overs, including last 3 and both this year. Handicap 3.5 games on Berdych looks fine, too. Though, I believe we will see classic today and there won't be need to worry about the outcome in the 3rd set. So I'm having over.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Federer to beat Berdych for me, today Federer will want to win to gain form ready for the U.S open plus he doesn't take losing lightly. Another thing Berdych has an affect over him this year and Federer will just want to show that was a phase rather than a trend so I expect a world class performance from Federer. I expect him to bring out his A-Game today and perform the best he has in a while. I don't doubt Berdychs talent and he will definitely push Federer. I think it's going to be a great game but I can't not ignore that 2/5 price on Federer. Let's hope it's revenge for Federer on Friday 13th.

Federer to beat Berdych for me' date=' today Federer will want to win to gain form ready for the U.S open plus he doesn't take losing lightly. Another thing Berdych has an affect over him this year and Federer will just want to show that was a phase rather than a trend so I expect a world class performance from Federer. I expect him to bring out his A-Game today and perform the best he has in a while. I don't doubt Berdychs talent and he will definitely push Federer. I think it's going to be a great game but I can't not ignore that 2/5 price on Federer. Let's hope it's revenge for Federer on Friday 13th.[/quote'] You are not alone! I have already taken Fedex 2-1 4.00 @ 24hpoker/sportsbetting as 4.00 is the highest I can find on a normal bookie.