Tennis - 9-15 August

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Oh. Can Federer win his own service game for 5-5? Knowing Federer he will get broken to lose the match, it's written in the stars. His serve has gone poor, some of his shots are lazy and slack. STEP UP THE GAME FEDERER. In the 1st set he was playing awesome, what a fall... No wonder he isn't number 1.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

Oh. Can Federer win his own service game for 5-5? Knowing Federer he will get broken to lose the match, it's written in the stars. His serve has gone poor, some of his shots are lazy and slack. STEP UP THE GAME FEDERER. In the 1st set he was playing awesome, what a fall... No wonder he isn't number 1.
Well, his body language has been the best I've seen for ages. There's an obvious improvement in that department. It's not anymore like he doesn't care what happens in matches like this in tournaments that aren't the Slams.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Jesus Berdych bad shot, lucky Fed. I won the bet but I feel it's not justified. I didn't like the heckler who kept shouting out stuff, I hope someone grabbed him by the throat, players didn't deserve that. Nadal Vs Federer final??? Nadal 8/13 to beat Murray is the only bet i'd fancy tomorrow, but will look into it.

You are not alone! I have already taken Fedex 2-1 4.00 @ 24hpoker/sportsbetting as 4.00 is the highest I can find on a normal bookie.
So huge for me to win this bet :) I really think it has to be something of a feeling I had and nothing more because omg what luck Fedex had when Berdych served for the match. Seriously! Bets like this when they come in is nice but Chardy :puke had to give me numerous heart attacks and now Federer did something like it but I did'nt feel the same because knowing it was Federer who was playing made me calm because he is Federer the worlds greatest player (after Nadal) Federer went into this match with increased motivation. The outcome was determined by how well Berdych kept his head with Federer at net.

- David Nalbandian at 1.80 with Stan James (6pts - NAP) LOSS - Tomas Berdych +3.5 games AH at 1.962 with Pinnacle (5.5pts) WIN - Under 19.5 games at 2.20 with Pinnacle (4pts) LOSS
Too many losses this week, although yesterday wasn't too bad as Berdych covered the line - how on earth didn't he beat him?! Some good calls, Psycho got a few up in the men's section :ok

After terrible yesterday some picks from me today: ATP Toronto: Murray v Nalbadian Nalby is on his dream run, longest streak of wins in his carrer i gues, but someday it must be over. And i think it's will be today. Murray looked fantastic in first set yesterday, but later he played really average tennis. If Murray wins first set today it would be too much for Nalby. He is human. I expected Murray to be a favorite today but i find a value on the odds like this. so.. Pick: Murray to [email protected] at Pinnacle (4/10) WTA Cincinati: Wicmayer v Pavlyuchenkova Pavly is Nalby in womens tennis right now. Won 8 straight matches but she had a rest last week so the situation is a bit different. Both girls yesterday had hard battles against good players and both won. Anastasia is my favourite player after Na Li and i'm sure she will be in top 5 next year and maybe in top 15 this year. She has everything to be a top player. I expect this to be a tought battle but in the end Pavly will leave the cort like a winner. Odds are too big for me so i'm taking her. Pick: Pavlyuchenkova to win@ 1.98 at Pinnacle (5/10)

WTA Cincinati: . Amanmuradova vs Ivanovic xM. Sharapova vs M. Bartoli My pics are Ivanovic and Sharapova. Both ex. 1 players showing that they wont to be in the top again. Ivanovic yesterday trashed Vesnina while Sharapova leave no chance to Radwanska. H2H is 1-0 to Ivanovic and 3-0 to Sharapova. I can't imagine how Amanmuradova get in here but i think that miracles won't last long. Maybe Bartoli can cost some troubles for Sharapova but i also think that Russian girl will end this in two sets. Pick: Ivanovic x [email protected] at Pinnacle Let's hope that better thay are on the way. :hope

WIN WIN WIN :nana:nana Perfect day yesterday.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Not having the best of weeks but going to battle through it. Smaller stakes today but fancy one bet. Toronto: Rafael Nadal vs Andy Murray - Andy Murray +2 games AH at 2.03 with Pinnacle (3pts) I thought Nadal played his worst match of the tournament yesterday and Murray his best. Kohlschreiber really exposed Nadal's weaknesses on a hard court and that will give Murray a bit of hope here. The Scot totally outclassed Nalbandian - played a really tight, impressive game, not losing serve and stretching his opponent all over the court. It was a far more focused Murray and I believe he needs to play decent opponents, otherwise his concentration will drop. He's caused Nadal problems on hard before - took him apart in the Australian Open before Nadal retired and has taken two further victories off him on the asphalt. Nadal still leads the H2H 8-3 but this is perhaps his worst surface (if such things exist) while it is Murray's best. He's defending his crown and won't go down without a huge fight here. I can see this match being very tight regardless of the outcome so I'm happy to play with a two-game handicap. When Murray plays at his best on a hard court, it is proven that Nadal can't match him. I feel the Scot is coming to the boil and is worth a play. :hope

Will have two more plays today... Marion Bartoli > Maria Sharapova. 3.49 @ Pinnacle (3/10) Sharapova clearly overrated in this one. She has had some luck with the draw this week and has had either tired (Kuznetsova) or brainless (Petkovic) or without-serve (Radwanska) type of players to deal with. She has beaten all of them quite comfortably with the exception of Kuznetsova. Bartoli on the other hand has not lost a set and has beaten the likes of Garrigues, A. Bondarenko and Wozniacki of all people. The first two wins no big deal but crushing of Wozniacki surely is. This match will be a baseline slug-fest. Bartoli is pretty good in those and should benefit from Sharapova's service problems. Double faults are still there. The question is will she be able to take her chances. Despite huge difference in odds I think Bartoli has got a chance here. Tomas Berdych vs Roger Federer. Over 22.5 games. 1.85 @ Sportingbet (6/10) Have a feeling of a 3-setter here. Federer has not been convincing in both of his matches thus far as has been the case with Berdych. He is always bringing his best game for this type of matches and this will be no different. Most of their H2H matches have been overs, including last 3 and both this year. Handicap 3.5 games on Berdych looks fine, too. Though, I believe we will see classic today and there won't be need to worry about the outcome in the 3rd set. So I'm having over.
Great call on Fed/Ber. Sharapova serve is seemingly back so unlucky on that one.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August what about sharapova - palyvenchko ? i mean its a semi final is there such a difference of level between those two? if paly has reached this stage it means she has the skille, i am thinking palyvenchko to win a set @2 , any opinions?

what about sharapova - palyvenchko ? i mean its a semi final is there such a difference of level between those two? if paly has reached this stage it means she has the skille, i am thinking palyvenchko to win a set @2 , any opinions?
If you would look at the stats, Sharapova yesterday was outstanding. Won 50 percents return points. Got a break point almost in every opposers service game and her 1st serve points won were 29/30. I think Pavly wont have something to offer for Sharapovas play. Pavly's a real fighter but today only that could be not enough. I think Sharapova will win this tournament and Pavly is just another step to victory.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August I'm quite aware Murray has beaten Nadal a few times on Hard Court, however his form hasn't been overly impressive this week. Yes Murray was class in the 1st set of the Nalby game, but Nalby was in his 12th game?? in something like 14 days, fatigue had to set in and you could see that in some of his shots. Nadal hasn't been overly impressive either this week but he has been playing big servers, I wouldn't say Murray is a big server and if Murray's 1st serve is under 60%, I think Nadal will punish him. I think Nadals price of 8/13 will go up as people will jump on the Murray price-which will do me nicely. I think Nadal will enjoy the prospect of playing Federer in the final and will have motivation here, he is another guy who doesn't like losing. Murray is quite Jekyl and Hyde too, 1 day world class the next-average. If Nadal can win the 1st set too, Murray may struggle as his temper may get the better of him. Nadal to win.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Ana Ivanovic +4.5 AH vs Kim Clijsters. 1.90 @ Bet365. (5/10) Surely Ivanovic has got what it takes to make this match a real contest. Clijsters was very poor against Pennetta yesterday and barely deserved to win. She was a break down in both sets, Pennetta even had a setpoint in the first set tie-break. Kim's body language is totally wrong and I don't think she is in the right mood at the moment. At time she looked like she could not care less, however managed to pick herself up and get a very tough win. Ivanovic is in her best form for 2 years and will be fresh for this one as she dropped just 4 games yesterday. Won't be surprised if she even managed to get a win today but 4.5 games handicap surely is too big. Andy Murray > Rafael Nadal. 2.40 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Was very impressed by Murray's win over Nalbandian on Friday. Murray was very fast off the blocks and it was obvious that he wanted this very badly. He's a defending champion here and finally is playing tennis he's capable of playing. Have said it before this week that Nadal is vulnerable. He's making way too many forehand errors and basically can't have any easy points anymore. Murray was serving brilliantly yesterday. If he can repeat that performance he will stand a big chances today. Nadal will give him enough break chances, it's all about taking your chances. I'm going for Murray win today. He has got poor record against Rafa but has beaten him on hard recently so why not do it again?

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August But do you see any value in that Aarun? Nadal is worthy favourite but I was expecting something like 1.8 considering form and past meetings on hard surface. 1.5-1.7 is not a great price IMO. Fed should beat Djokovic in my view. Only Boyles have a price worth taking @ 8/11, but even then it could be tough. Night match aswell where Novak is a different animal usually. But his serve will cause his problems today. Nothing new, most of the value disappears as the events go deeper. The two faves in the womens should win IMO but don't think either are worth taking.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August To me I do see value as I do believe Nadal will beat Murray. I think if your 80% confidence within yourself that someone will win someone any price is value if you get what I mean? It's going to be a tough game, i'm still waiting on the price to go up as i'm hoping everyone will be going on Murray. When everyone expects Murray to deliver-he doesn't. Djokovic looked good yesterday but then again Chardy was poor, played like a proper loser. Djoko also has a shoulder injury and called for a trainer and you could see it had some problem with him-Federer will be up for it and I think he will come through this match. The overs would be a good bet I can see 3 sets including a tie break.

Not having the best of weeks but going to battle through it. Smaller stakes today but fancy one bet. Toronto: Rafael Nadal vs Andy Murray - Andy Murray +2 games AH at 2.03 with Pinnacle (3pts) :hope [..snip..]
IMO betting handicaps on Murray is dangerous. So unless you expect that he wins 2:0 with Nadal, over 23.5 should be much safer. It avoids things that happened in his match with Monfils :(

IMO betting handicaps on Murray is dangerous. So unless you expect that he wins 2:0 with Nadal' date=' over 23.5 should be much safer. It avoids things that happened in his match with Monfils :([/quote'] I think, after what's happened this week, betting on Murray with minus handicaps in dangerous, especially against players who he'll go to sleep against. He needs to play someone who will keep him on his toes for the whole match so he in turn keeps his focus throughout. Nadal will do that.

What happened to her?
Sprained ankle or smth. It happened really out of nowhere. She was in the middle of the court, not even chasing the ball or running.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August I would not wish anyone an injury. That's bad what happened to Ivanovic. But as far as the Ivanovic + 4.5 handicap is concerned, the bet will be void which is good. From what I saw in the first three games, she did not look well - was first on serve, got the game with troubles, then Clijsters got her clean game, and the very next game Ivanovic was broken. Something like 6:2 6:3 for Clijsters was hanging in the air.

I would not wish anyone an injury. That's bad what happened to Ivanovic. But as far as the Ivanovic + 4.5 handicap is concerned' date=' the bet will be void which is good. From what I saw in the first three games, she did not look well - was first on serve, got the game with troubles, then Clijsters got her clean game, and the very next game Ivanovic was broken. Something like 6:2 6:3 for Clijsters was hanging in the air.[/quote'] You can not say thing like that having seen just 4 games. That's a nonsense! Kim got lucky break on the breakpoint when the ball bounced of the net chord after Ana's shot and was there for an easy put-away. On the other hand Ivanovic was hitting winners from Clijster's serve, even the first serve. The bottom line is that you can not judge the match after just 4 games, especially in women tennis. It's totally ridiculous what you've just said. I'm not defending Ana's chances in this match or anything. It's just silly to say things like that.

You can not say thing like that having seen just 4 games. That's a nonsense! Kim got lucky break on the breakpoint when the ball bounced of the net chord after Ana's shot and was there for an easy put-away. On the other hand Ivanovic was hitting winners from Clijster's serve' date=' even the first serve. The bottom line is that you can not judge the match after just 4 games, especially in women tennis. It's totally ridiculous what you've just said. I'm not defending Ana's chances in this match or anything. It's just silly to say things like that.[/quote'] I didn't want to offend anyone. It was just my feeling which, I admit, could be wrong. In yesterday's Clijsters match (and Clijsters -3.5 handicap bet) I had the same feeling after Clijsters had been broken early, and I was correct :\. OK, let's forget about Ivanovic and hope for Nadal-Murray 23.5+ and Djoko-Federer 23.5+ :hope