Tennis - 9-15 August

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August

I want to see odds for Nalby vs Murray, interesting.
Me too-I think 4/9 Murray 15/8 Nalby?, that and the Djokovic/Hanescu Vs Chardy game will be the only 2 games I would be interested in, pending Murray beats Monfils.

What if Murray serves him a bagel, does that help your handicap at all? I want to see odds for Nalby vs Murray, interesting.
I'll get a push. Need to learn not to back certain players ie Murray on handicaps. Letting myself, and perhaps more importantly, others, down. Nalbandian has got a 2-0 H2H over Murray. Would be interesting to see who takes that. I'd be perhaps favouring the Argentine on this showing, or overs.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Only thing working against Nalby is fitness, but that gets overplayed aswell. He looks fine to me.Well good enough to play a 3 set match at a fairly high level. Nalbandian plays at a similar level to the last 2 weeks and he beats Murray IMO. All depends on the price I guess.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Nalbandian to beat Murray @ Evens (Paddy Power:2/10) Odds aren't out in most places but seen Nalby as an underdog and had to take it. Only argument I can make against him is possible fatigue setting in at some point after great winning streak, but don't think thats enough to oppose him here. Should get a few chances on Murrays serve, likewise Murray on his....but I think Nalby's ground game is better than Murrays right now. Murray is gonna need to step up big time here, floating balls back waiting for errors is not likely to be enough IMO. Small stake but value on Nalby at this price, see if he has one more performance in him for this week...should be slight fave in my view.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August At the odds, i'm favouring Murray right now. But i'll do some research tomorrow may change my mind but I have to back against Nalby sometime and it will work. Murray likes his drop shots and with Nalby playing on the baseline I can't see Nalby reaching them-could be Murrays special weapon. I think no point counting fatigue anymore, Nalby is obviously playing past that barrier which is giving him more adrenaline, he is a better returner than Murray but I do feel it is whoever has the best serve on the day will win. Could be 1 I watch in play and see how they start to decide who i'll go for...

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Berdych to defeat Federer 3.55 at Betfair (4/10) Berdych is playing strong tennis this days. No one can doubt about his talent and poweful strokes and lately he is controling his emotions too so he has became a very strong opponent for anyone. On the other hand Fedex is not in his best shape. He was broken by Chela and Llodra (twice). He is not serving good and definately not hitting good, specialy on backhand. He is a little lack of confidence (he was broken when serving for set/match) and i think Berdych will take advantage if he chokes. Thomas also beat him not so long time ago in Federer´s second home (Wimbledon) so i can clearly picture another victory here. :hope

Berdych to defeat Federer 3.55 at Betfair (4/10) Berdych is playing strong tennis this days. No one can doubt about his talent and poweful strokes and lately he is controling his emotions too so he has became a very strong opponent for anyone. On the other hand Fedex is not in his best shape. He was broken by Chela and Llodra (twice). He is not serving good and definately not hitting good, specialy on backhand. He is a little lack of confidence (he was broken when serving for set/match) and i think Berdych will take advantage if he chokes. Thomas also beat him not so long time ago in Federer´s second home (Wimbledon) so i can clearly picture another victory here. :hope
agree with you , however i am a bit a coward so i ll go for berdych to win at least a set at something around 2 ! come on berdych, sorry federer but you re not the best anymore !!!

At the odds' date=' i'm favouring Murray right now. But i'll do some research tomorrow may change my mind but I have to back against Nalby sometime and it will work. Murray likes his drop shots and with Nalby playing on the baseline I can't see Nalby reaching them-could be Murrays special weapon. I think no point counting fatigue anymore, Nalby is obviously playing past that barrier which is giving him more adrenaline, he is a better returner than Murray but I do feel it is whoever has the best serve on the day will win. Could be 1 I watch in play and see how they start to decide who i'll go for...[/quote'] Value on Murray's side I guess, reading around he seems to be getting some support.Can't really understand it myself as I think his level is pretty average right now . Nalby could tire out and the organisers haven't done him any favours being one of the earlier matches like yesterday.

- Nikolay Davydenko -3 games AH at 1.813 with Pinnacle (6.5pts) LOSS - Philipp Kohlschreiber -2.5 games AH at 1.763 with Pinnacle (6pts) WIN - Andy Murray -4 games AH at 1.935 with Pinnacle (4pts) LOSS - Robin Soderling at 2.18 with Betdaq (3pts) LOSS
Thank fcuk for Philipp Kohlschreiber, otherwise I'd have been skittled yesterday.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August After terrible yesterday some picks from me today: ATP Toronto: Murray v Nalbadian Nalby is on his dream run, longest streak of wins in his carrer i gues, but someday it must be over. And i think it's will be today. Murray looked fantastic in first set yesterday, but later he played really average tennis. If Murray wins first set today it would be too much for Nalby. He is human. I expected Murray to be a favorite today but i find a value on the odds like this. so.. Pick: Murray to [email protected] at Pinnacle (4/10) WTA Cincinati: Wicmayer v Pavlyuchenkova Pavly is Nalby in womens tennis right now. Won 8 straight matches but she had a rest last week so the situation is a bit different. Both girls yesterday had hard battles against good players and both won. Anastasia is my favourite player after Na Li and i'm sure she will be in top 5 next year and maybe in top 15 this year. She has everything to be a top player. I expect this to be a tought battle but in the end Pavly will leave the cort like a winner. Odds are too big for me so i'm taking her. Pick: Pavlyuchenkova to win@ 1.98 at Pinnacle (5/10)

WTA Cincinati: . Amanmuradova vs Ivanovic xM. Sharapova vs M. Bartoli My pics are Ivanovic and Sharapova. Both ex. 1 players showing that they wont to be in the top again. Ivanovic yesterday trashed Vesnina while Sharapova leave no chance to Radwanska. H2H is 1-0 to Ivanovic and 3-0 to Sharapova. I can't imagine how Amanmuradova get in here but i think that miracles won't last long. Maybe Bartoli can cost some troubles for Sharapova but i also think that Russian girl will end this in two sets. Pick: Ivanovic x [email protected] at Pinnacle Let's hope that better thay are on the way. :hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Fingers crossed for a better day in Toronto... Toronto: Andy Murray vs David Nalbandian - David Nalbandian at 1.80 with Stan James (6pts - NAP) Nalbandian is playing extremely well right now and I find it very hard to oppose him in this one. He's on one of those dream runs where every time he walks onto the court, he oozes confidence and class. He showed yesterday against Soderling that he's capable of beating the very best. Against an in-form Murray I'd be more sceptical of Nalbandian's chances but the Scot is playing really poorly at the moment. One minute he can be sublime, the next shocking. He has struggled in pretty much all of his game post-Wimbledon and still has problems on his serve. Nalbandian is going to punish that. Both men return well but Murray is still far too loose off the ground for me. The thing that clinches this bet for me is the H2H - Nalbandian leads it 2-0, having beaten him on a hard court two years ago. His current level is higher than Murray's and he knows how big an opportunity this is to make it to the business end of a 1000 series and improve his ranking further. There are slightly bigger odds around but I want retirement cover - Nalbandian has played a lot of tennis and fatigue could be his only undoing. Nalbandian is a bad match-up for Murray and I fancy the Argentine to come through this, possibly in three sets. Toronto: Tomas Berdych vs Roger Federer - Tomas Berdych +3.5 games AH at 1.962 with Pinnacle (5.5pts) I don't think Federer is firing on all cylinders at the moment. He's still finding his way back to his best tennis, as has been shown by sketchy performances against Chela and Llodra. Berdych has played Federer twice this year and beaten him, famously at SW19 but also earlier in the year on a hard court in Miami. His huge groundstrokes cause Federer all sort of issues and he's able to hit through the Swiss. I think while Federer is settling in with his new coach Annacombe, there are going to be chances for players to make inroads against him. He's trying to come to the net more often but hasn't been looking completely assured in doing so. Berdych has had more match time recently on these courts and has the huge serve to glean cheap points from. Not saying Berdych will win this match but a +3.5 game handicap seems a tad generous considering Federer's form and that fact that Berdych has beaten him both times they've met this year. Toronto: Rafael Nadal vs Philipp Kohlschreiber - Under 19.5 games at 2.20 with Pinnacle (4pts) Nadal leads the H2H 6-0 here and has got the measure of Kohlschreiber for sure. However, on hard, the German has been able to cause him a little bit of trouble - he took a set off him in the Oz Open this year and in Dubai two years. I'm therefore wary that I'm going against the fpast meetings with this selection but I feel Nadal is in much better form than he was back then. He played really well against Anderson and is hitting his strokes and his angles beautifully. If he plays like that today I can see him taking care of Kohlschreiber very quickly, as for me the German is still not at his peak form. He conceded eleven break points against Lu yesterday and a better player than him would've punished the German for his sloppiness. His second serve can be very weak and with Nadal seeing the ball so well, I can see that being a recipe for disaster for the German. I'm lowering my stakes a little as I'm aware of the past meeting stats but Nadal looks impervious to me at the moment and I feel he can cover this line. The price is huge here - too big IMO - so no huge stakes required. :hope

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August With Murrays odds at 11/10 now, i'm definiteley going to wait for in play to choose as I don't mind catching Murray around 4/6 IF he looks good. I'm hoping Nalby serves 1st as I want to see how Murray returns, but saying that Nalby in his 1st service game (when service game) starts off slow apart from yesterday.

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August i'm also taking pavlychenkova today because of her fighting mentality. I believe this will be the key for this match. Li na was playing good yesterday but she is to weak mentally to win a close match. She failed against zakopalova being broken easily to loose 7:5 3rd set and also yesterday she played bad tiebreak. Anastasia will give more of a fight and i also agree with nalby over Murray. Murray playing bad tennis at the moment i watched his final against Querrey and all i can say his tactics was pathetic. Every one watching would never believe andy can be such an idiot. Sam's forehnad was great that night but he was running all over and giving sam great forehnad training. Stupid is all i can say. His is loosing his style big time because there was a time he was trying to play more agressively and making better reasults but now his is just defending. Nalby will destroy him today

Re: Tennis - 9-15 August Some stats from this week: Nalbys 1st serve %: Vs Ferrer=60% winning (36/61) Vs Robredo=71% winning (25/29) Vs Soderling=63% winning (40/57) Murrays 1st Serve % Vs Malisse=48% winning (21/24) Vs Monfils=55% winning (27/36) So, Murrays 1st serve this week has been under 60% as Atko mentioned this is quite poor and he hasn't been able to get his 1st serve together and he is playing 1 of the best returners in the game. Nalbys serve has been above 60%, and winning a majority of those points too. Nalby is really going to attack that 2nd serve of Murrays... In statistics of return, Nalby won 76% of Soderlings 2nd serve points yesterday, a very high statistic. However, the game lasted for 128 minutes and fatigue may set in soon even though he's playing on adrenaline right now, if Murray wins the 1st set can you really see Nalby playing out another 2 setter without those stats falling. For Murray to win then it's vital his 1st serve % is going to be higher, he needs to be on the top of his game today he will probably do a lot of drop shots like we seen yesterday but Nalby hasn't got the athletism Monfils had to come to the net in time to get them back over-even if he does Murray will punish him in that department. I really don't know who to choose, on stats i'd favour Nalby with the H2H in his favour too and Murray hasn't been an underdog and won for a very very long time in terms of odds. But fatigue will 1 day set in and Nalbys run will come to an end, 11/10 is a really nice price for a top 4 player.