** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Two big blows for Werder: The heart of the team Mesut Ozil (9 goals & 17 assists in Bundesliga last year) sold to Real Madrid one or two days ago. Thanks to him they can play very fast counter attack, he was able to shoot a goal from distance of from difficult angle. He was indispensable player. Centre back Naldo who has also great scoring abilities (13 goals for Werder last season, including all official games!) is injured. Reserve centre back Prodl is not good enough to replace Naldo in my opinion. Without Ozil it will be very difficult to open the score for Werder. Without Naldo Werder will be not so dangerous from corners or crosses.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August I am surprised to see over 2.5 goals in Braga at 2.30 at Bet365. When I think of this game, goals is all I imagine. Both teams to score is 1.90 there also. We have all spoken about Braga at home enough to know that they like to attack and score goals. This tie being the home leg I'd be stunned if they didn't do the same. Having said that Sevilla are a team I always think have a goal in them. They beat Barca 3-1 the other day, although they were missing some key players, and should be in high spirits. Sevilla will certainly be coming to Braga to score. Braga themselves are in the unknown somewhat but will react positively I think and go for it. On deciding between the two markets mentioned I have gone for: Over 2.5 goals - 2.30 - 4/10 - Bet365 CS 1-1 - 6.00 - 0.5/10 - Bet365. Taken this bet for some cover.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August

Red Bull Salzburg Vs Hapoel Tel Aviv This is a joint preview between 66 Better (Austria) and me Red Bull Salzburg again trying to qualify for the champions league group stage again since 1994. Failing at this stage three times in 2006 at Valencia, 2007 at Shakhtar Donetsk and in 2009 in Haifa. Salzburg haven't played much recently so their players will be full of energy. They played on the friday night cup tie vs St Polten ll. mainly A B/junior side. Goalkeeper Tremmel, schiemmer, Mendes da silva, Sekagya were rested. Main striker Zarate, like Svento (MF) and Boghossian (St), started but didn't finish the game. Coach Stevens obviously had a key prority in keeping his team fresh and available for the big game. Salzburg have recently acquired Brazilian talent Alan that came on in that cup game for his debut on Salzburg front-line. Stevens is very happy to have a 'true brazilian' in his words in the squad now. He won't play as he's not registered for the Champions League but it is going to be a motivator with more competition for the players to keep their places and a sign of the team getting stronger. Red Bull Salzburg MUST take advantage of this home leg. Absolutely crucial. Away from home they are vulnerable and its already shown leading up to this stage in the Champions League drawing away in Cyprus and I am sure many will remember that terrible result vs minnows HB with a number of first teamers playing in that game. Red Bull are not looking forward to the travel to Israel. Not at all. So they really must take advantage here at home. Red Bull have been here before playing vs Israel opposition and got outclassed last year. Although the team is looking stronger with Mendes da silva in midfield and Zarate filling the boots of Janko nicely this is going to be a tough match. Coach Stevens infact didn't want to see the Ball of Hapoel come out in the draw with obviously the previous Israel opponents defeat still on his mind. Lot of people talk about the artifical turf being a big factor but in my opinion these turfs are all around the world these days. So managers say it is the sad but true future of football. Obviously the Salzburg players will be used to it but I wouldn't look too much into it. Team News: Mendes da Silva is suspended for the match so I guess Pokrivac(scored 2 on friday) will play instead. But 2 different players. Mendes is key. Ulmer (regular left wing defender) is injured. The status of Tchoyi (MF), One of Red Bulls best player last season, is unclear - he was injured, now he is in talks with some English teams. So it is unclear of his Availability. Hapoel struggles against teams (many German teams come to mind) that play a purposeful, direct football. Last time the Israeli champions tried to graft a 0-0, they paid heavily against an underdog (Aktobe). They are not going to try that again. The Full Backs are Hapoel's Achilles Heel. RB Omri Kende is a dud, LB Gal Shaish (who replaced Dedi Ben Dayan, more of a striker himself) was horrible yesterday. Central Defender Walid Badir, much past his peak completes a slow defence. Hapoel got a W9 D3 L4 in Europe on current two seasons. Last year it finished the goup stages first (before Hamburg, celtic and Rapid) being eliminated only by the Russian winter in Kazan. Eli Gutman, Hapoel's manager, is master tactician. But Hapoel's short squad and shaky defence, are blatant for all to see. Overall, Hapoel could take this tie, But home win looks crucial for Red Bull. Hapoel can score an away goal so both teams to score seems fine. Both teams to score @2.00 Will Hill Salzburg @1.91 Victor Chandler/ Stan James Good Luck
Hapoel lined up in 4-4-2 with three attacking midfielders, while left back is a striker. This is a matter of necessity rather than choice. Hapoel Tel aviv: Enyeama; Kende, Badeer, Douglas, Ben Dayan; Yadin, Vermouth, Shivhon, Zahavi; Sahar, Shekhter

Hapoel lined up in 4-4-2 with three attacking midfielders, while left back is a striker. This is a matter of necessity rather than choice. Hapoel Tel aviv: Enyeama; Kende, Badeer, Douglas, Ben Dayan; Yadin, Vermouth, Shivhon, Zahavi; Sahar, Shekhter
And on the Salzburg side - New Brazilian star Alan has been registered on time to take part tonight.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August SPORTING BRAGA V.S. SEVILLA - BRAGA +0.25 @ 1.79 10BET Is Sevilla that strong away? I will guess that Braga will try to score a goal and defend as hard as possible to prevent an away goal being scored. Besides, Braga did manage to beat Celtic at home a month ago. Can they do it again Sevilla tonight? I say, why not? This should worth at least a draw. WERDER BREMEN V.S. SAMPDORIA - BREMEN -0.75 @ 1.93 10BET I just dont see how missing Ozil will affect the team much. Firstly, the manager would have known that Ozil will be gone after his world cup performance, he has probably prepared the team for this day. Besides, much of the structure of the team is still there. I believe their European experience will bring them through. Adding on, Italian teams normally have trouble controlling the pace of German football(Until Inter defeated Bayern Munich). Besides, whether Sampdoria's new manager is capable of bring his team to be a force on the European stage is still a big question mark.

SPORTING BRAGA V.S. SEVILLA - BRAGA +0.25 @ 1.79 10BET Is Sevilla that strong away? I will guess that Braga will try to score a goal and defend as hard as possible to prevent an away goal being scored. Besides, Braga did manage to beat Celtic at home a month ago. Can they do it again Sevilla tonight? I say, why not? This should worth at least a draw. .
have to agree with Braga bet.Sevilla away is not so good.they didn't shine much last season in europe.I think Braga will take this seriosly and try to score as many as possible.I smell so9mething like 2-1 or 1-1 but lay Sevilla is defo for me :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August I also fancy Sampdoria to get something against Bremen. I don't know how well prepared Sampdoria are for this game, but I'm sure they must have prepared for it as this is for a Champions League place. Sampdoria battled it out for 4th spot last season, I know they were a bit patchy last season, but they still had a great season. Bremen losing Ozil aswell will be a blow to them. I'm not underestimating Bremen but Sampdoria have a very capable squad. Bremen might sneak the win as they have home advantage but i can see it being tight and might be worth Laying Bremen at around 1.75...

I am surprised to see over 2.5 goals in Braga at 2.30 at Bet365. When I think of this game, goals is all I imagine. Both teams to score is 1.90 there also. We have all spoken about Braga at home enough to know that they like to attack and score goals. This tie being the home leg I'd be stunned if they didn't do the same. Having said that Sevilla are a team I always think have a goal in them. They beat Barca 3-1 the other day, although they were missing some key players, and should be in high spirits. Sevilla will certainly be coming to Braga to score. Braga themselves are in the unknown somewhat but will react positively I think and go for it. On deciding between the two markets mentioned I have gone for: Over 2.5 goals - 2.30 - 4/10 - Bet365 CS 1-1 - 6.00 - 0.5/10 - Bet365. Taken this bet for some cover.
It woul be naive for Braga to go for a goal fest, I think. Furthermore, Sevilla can expect to finish the job at home, whatever the score today. I agree with the bookies here.

SportFootball (Champions League)
EventPartizan - Anderlecht
SelectionOver 2.5
Strength8/10
Date18/08/2010
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.20
Reasoningreally attractive odd for me IMO.Odd of 1X2(almost egal) is maybe for something but i expect an open match here. Partizan stay a difficult team to play in their stadium .Play two qualifing round and 1st round of superliga at home always score 2+. Concerning Anderlect team got quality player ,tey are superior on paper ,already score 8 goa in 3 match of Jupiler League and 3 goal in each leg of last round qualification.
Over 4.5 @ 9 with funstake still an alternative too :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Basel v Sherif '@1.43' A no brainer. I'm going for Basel in this fixture, certainly a class difference and Home advantage should give Basel the edge. I'll be expecting Basel to win by 2 clear goals atleast here.. I don't know much about Sherif as a Club but they have played some pretty naff teams to get to this stage. Personally I don't think Sherif Tiraspol are worthy of being this close to a Champions League Place.

Basel v Sherif '@1.43' A no brainer. I'm going for Basel in this fixture, certainly a class difference and Home advantage should give Basel the edge. I'll be expecting Basel to win by 2 clear goals atleast here.. I don't know much about Sherif as a Club but they have played some pretty naff teams to get to this stage. Personally I don't think Sherif Tiraspol are worthy of being this close to a Champions League Place.
:eyes Who are you to say that? They can only beat what is in front of them. They've beaten Tirana the Albania Champions and beaten Croatian champions Dinamo Zagreb. So compared to themselves they are great victories. Especially at the much fancied Dinamo Zagreb for that tie. I think the Sheriff story is one of what the Champions League is all about. Your a poor punter. As you said yourselves you don't know much about what you are betting against. Just going by the team name for this bet.

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 3-4-1 -1.56 Sampdoria struggled on the road last year, at one point, going winless in 11 of 13 matches. Werder wins this one easily IMO
Sampdoria beat Roma in Rome earlier this year.

Basel v Sherif '@1.43' A no brainer. I'm going for Basel in this fixture, certainly a class difference and Home advantage should give Basel the edge. I'll be expecting Basel to win by 2 clear goals atleast here.. I don't know much about Sherif as a Club but they have played some pretty naff teams to get to this stage. Personally I don't think Sherif Tiraspol are worthy of being this close to a Champions League Place.
I'm not going to stick my neck out and say Basel won't win this game because if they turn up then they should. However, I really wouldn't disregard Sheriff so easily here. They're the wealthiest club in Moldova by a long way and have been the top team there for many years. They're improving each year with more and more foreign influence and games against Olympiakos and Dinamo Zagreb in recent seasons have demonstrated their improvements. They keep it tight at the back and take their chances whereas their hosts today are somewhat wild tactically and if they don't take their chances, they tend to get humiliated, as they have done domestically of late by sides nowhere near as good as them. For me, this is a "no bet". Basel aren't playing well and Sheriff are better than most people think. The only bet I'm remotely interested in for this one is both sides to score but I think I'll give it a miss. Incidentally, Sheriff have to play a lot of poor sides to get here due to UEFA's co-efficients ruling...:unsure

:eyes Who are you to say that? They can only beat what is in front of them. They've beaten Tirana the Albania Champions and beaten Croatian champions Dinamo Zagreb. So compared to themselves they are great victories. Especially at the much fancied Dinamo Zagreb for that tie. I think the Sheriff story is one of what the Champions League is all about. Your a poor punter. As you said yourselves you don't know much about what you are betting against. Just going by the team name for this bet.
I've looked into to it, as far as results go etc, but I can't say that I know very much about Moldovan Footy or this F club.. I have heard of them although they are a relatively new FC... I favor Basel here personally by a fair margin as I'm fairly sure their League is stronger and are a better side than Sherrif. Its nothing personal against "YOU" or "YOUR" club matey, but Sherriff will have to put in one hell of a performance to get anything out of this match up. Basel have bags of European experience and SHOULD have more than enough to overcome this side at Home who don't have any away Wins so far in this competition.. I think Basel brushed Debreceni aside Home and Away quite comfortably and I expect Basel to run out winners here also. Odds aren't amazing but are acceptable considering the difference in quality. Basel now @1.50 .. :loon

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August SALZBURG V.S. HAPOEL TEL AVIV - 1X2 SALZBURG @ 1.99 10BET Odds look pretty tasty for me. I wont say Salzburg will trash Hapoel. But they should get at least a 1 goal win from this game. Tel Aviv lacks European experience. I think they are not ready for the champions league. Salzburg will want to keep the away goals down, otherwise their european campaign will be disastrous.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Odds on Salzburg are rising rapidly from 1.86-7 to 2.18 (Pinnacel) Now home win is at 2.06. I wonder why that is. Maybe someone got injured in the last minute? Any ideas anyone?

SALZBURG V.S. HAPOEL TEL AVIV - 1X2 SALZBURG @ 1.99 10BET Odds look pretty tasty for me. I wont say Salzburg will trash Hapoel. But they should get at least a 1 goal win from this game.
I sure hope they will. I have my bank on Salzburg DNB and I am getting a little nervous, now that odds on home win increased.:unsure

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Lay Redbull Salzburg @2.18 Betfair I'm not sure about Salzburg winning this match. Huge Doubts infact, they have started fairly badly in the league also and I find it hard to believe that this match will be easy for them. The odds are drifting upwards also which is a bad sign, and I feel Hapoel Tel Aviv could be a suprise tonight as they are a team on the Up.. :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Braga v Sevilla Similar to Spurs last night I think Sevilla are being priced up on name alone. Braga are very very strong at home, I believe they've won something like 16 of their last 18 home games, the other 2 being draws, including a 3-0 win over Celtic. Sevilla are a decent outfit but their away form isnt great by any means. Braga win @ 3.3 - 2.5pts (Betfair) Braga +0, +0.5 @ 1.9 - 5pts (Betfair)

Braga v Sevilla Similar to Spurs last night I think Sevilla are being priced up on name alone. Braga are very very strong at home, I believe they've won something like 16 of their last 18 home games, the other 2 being draws, including a 3-0 win over Celtic. Sevilla are a decent outfit but their away form isnt great by any means. Braga win @ 3.3 - 2.5pts (Betfair) Braga +0, +0.5 @ 1.9 - 5pts (Betfair)
Agree on this one Jk and i was thinking about approching a simialr betting angle on this game, Braga have been on my mind all day, they are are ruthless at home, an Sevilla are prone to the odd mistake away from home. Braga win @ 9/4 Stake 2/10 Braga +1 @ 4/7 Stake 6/10

Agree on this one Jk and i was thinking about approching a simialr betting angle on this game, Braga have been on my mind all day, they are are ruthless at home, an Sevilla are prone to the odd mistake away from home. Braga win @ 9/4 Stake 2/10 Braga +1 @ 4/7 Stake 6/10
What bookie was that with mate? StanJames was only offering 7/4 on Braga.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Lot's of 0-0's........not good :wall Hard to see the Over 2.5 i took in the Anderlecht game happening now. Also the -1 AH on Basel is looking dodgy now....oh well. Hopefully there is much more attacking in the second half with the away teams looking for a crucial goal and the home teams trying to secure a comfortable lead!

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Can not resist these odds at HT - Over 1,5 in Belgrade at 2,75, Over 1,5 in Bremen at 2,10, and now that the game in Austria is wide open - Over 4,5 in Salzburg at 2,20. Three medium tosmall stake bets, and 3 doubles with small stakes, in hope at least 2 to come right. All three games have goals in them imo....

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Going to have a cheeky in-play bet on Braga -1 @ 20/1 with StanJames. Sevilla have looked much more lively and the more likely to score but I just feel that price is too big, if Braga get a goal soon Sevilla may push on a bit. Braga -1 @ 20/1 - 0.5pts

Can not resist these odds at HT - Over 1' date='5 in Belgrade at 2,75, Over 1,5 in Bremen at 2,10, and now that the game in Austria is wide open - Over 4,5 in Salzburg at 2,20. Three medium tosmall stake bets, and 3 doubles with small stakes, in hope at least 2 to come right. All three games have goals in them imo....[/quote'] Nice call, 2 goals in Belgrade alread, one in Bremen and four in Salzburg.