** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Zenit's defence is very strong and they dont concede many particuarly at home, I suspect they would be reasonably happy to take the 1-0 to France and 2-0 would be superb, I certainly dont expect Auxerre to score and as such unders looks the call given Zenit's decent but unspectacular home scoring form..fairly obvious calls but look solid enough.. Under 2.5 1.61 (tote) 1-0 6.5 (tote) 2-0 7 (various)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August

Dynamo's injured players: Keepers Shovkovsky and Bogush plus Magrao out too.Rest off them are fine.So full squad apart from keepers.Hope Ajax defence will be ok today as Dynamo will play 3 strikers.
Overs looks a good call for this game Mahno? Ajax only know one way to play and their defence has been dodgy for a while, and if Dynamo are playing 3 strikers there should be a reasonably open game I would have thought, certainly think Ajax would be reasonably confident returning with a 2-1 or even 3-1 loss? Available at a very respectable evens..

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Young Boys v Tottenham I think this won't be as easy for Tottenham as people make out. Although Tottenham players will have experience to some extent on plastic pitches it's not the sort of experience Young Boys have week in week out and it's an area they can make an advantage of? so I would rather not try and make a case for anybody in this match as an outright winner. The area I am interested in is the corners markets, last time Young Boys played in the play off against Fenerbache at home, Fenerbache won 4 v 1 on the corners. Tottenham recently played against Man City and won 8 v 3 on the corners market. Although i'm not reading too much into Tottenham's win v City in that area as it was their home pitch, it's the 1st leg v Fenerbache at home on their plastic pitch i was looking at and to only get one corner in the whole game on your own artificial pitch says to me that Young Boys don't get it out wide or they don't have very good wide players! Tottenham have the likes of Lennon, Bale, Corluka, Assou-Ekotto and to some extent Pavluychenko who all like to play out wide. It is an area i expect Tottenham to try to capatilise on. Totenham -2 HCP Corners 8/5 William Hill

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Why do I have a feeling Spurs aren't going to win tonight? Young Boys aren't mugs they did knock out Fenerbache as well. Spurs are without King too... And they're away from home, I think they'll be happy with just an away goal-whereas Young Boys will be happy to not concede or hit Spurs on the counter. I'm going for a Young Boys Win/Draw. 11/10 Double Chance. :nana

Overs looks a good call for this game Mahno? Ajax only know one way to play and their defence has been dodgy for a while' date=' and if Dynamo are playing 3 strikers there should be a reasonably open game I would have thought, certainly think Ajax would be reasonably confident returning with a 2-1 or even 3-1 loss? Available at a very respectable evens..[/quote'] Yes,overs and both teams to socre look good.As for Dynamo: there is always a danger to play 3 up front as if they fail to score they will be punished by counter attacking teams.I don't like Myhalik in defence and don't like keeper Bojko-bnoth shaky,i know Ajax have awful defence to so in this case both teams willl try to outscore each other. Probable line up for Dynamo: -------------Boyko------------- Silva---Betao---Myhalik----Popov Vukoevich---Eremenko---Garmash Shevchenko----Milevsky----Yarmolenko Ajax should hold on for the first 30min or so...this is where Dynamo will press.In matches against Barca and Inter Dynamo were 1-0 up in HT.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Young Boys v Spurs Young boys finished 2nd in their domestic season, had a decent record at home especially, but dont think they faced anyone of Spurs calibre, Harry's got a decent squad who could do the job tonight, settle any nerves, they created enough chances to win 4 matches vs City on Saturday, hopefully Young Boys haven't got a keeper of Joe Hart's quality. Spurs win 8/11 ppower.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Young Boys v Spurs Spurs last 6 away matches in Europe. Shakthar 2 - 0 Spurs NEC 0 - 1 Spurs Udinese 2 - 0 Spurs Wisla Krakow 1 - 1 Spurs PSV 0 - 0 Spurs Slavia Prague 1 - 2 Spurs Not the greatest record and I think this will be a tough task for them tonight. Young Boys can't be a decent outfit, and 5 games into their season they should be sharp, not been playing well apparantly but we all know league form doesnt always represent cup form. The artificial pitch will help the Swiss boys and as Charlie Wong said, their home form is pretty decent. Think Spurs have been underpriced here by the English bookies. Young Boys +1 @ 11/10 - 4pts Young Boys win @ 9/2 - 2pts

I totally agree with you on the Corners bet. After watching the Spurs vs City game and seeing how Tottenham racked up the corners in their bid to score their goal against Man City alone should be a strong enough indication of their prowess down the wings. To add to that, Tottenham will be playing an opposition that isn't as strong as Man City and the fact that Tottenham's manager mentioned that he would be playing a similar team like they did against City vs the Young Boys is a strong indication of their intention to win this match. Furthermore, something like up to 20 million is up for grabs for getting through the group stages I believe, so this would definitely be on top of their priority list at the start of the season. All of the above reasons stated have brought me to a conclusion to back the following bet as I feel it has the most value: Over 6 Tottenham Corners @ 3.00 hills 7pts Btw MrMal there is a bet of much better odds on hills: 2nd half Tottenham Corners: Over 3 @ 2.90 GL all :hope
Cheers slizorn, I tend to stick with PP. Would of gone for the over 6 corners but was trying to be too smart and split the stake between halves.:tongue2 We'll see!

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August 7pts Tottenham to beat Young Boys at 8/11 with Paddy Power Biggest bet of the season so far for me here. Could maybe have got a slightly bigger price earlier but wanted to see the team news before deciding my stake. Tonight, i think, will have a big part to play in how Spurs go for the rest of the season in the league nevermind their European campaign. Redknapp has picked Pavlyuchenko and Defoe to start up top and when backing Spurs i prefer these 2 together over any of their pairings. There is plenty of creativity in the middle whilst they are always decent at the back. Young Boys have done well so far this term in Europe but have struggled in the league. They lack the quality overall that Spurs possess and i dont think the pitch will be an advantage for either side. Spurs need a good performance tonight and, with a much better starting 11, i am confident they can take an advantage into the 2nd leg.

Zenit - Auxerre Zenit has already played mane competitive games this season and are in a very good form. They have a good coach and quality players. Auxerre only played 2 freindly games and 2 games in a League and failed to win either of them and conceded in all of them. Even though Auxerre scored, Zenit is a very organised team and I don't see Auxerre scoring here. Also Zenit will not defend if they score 1 goal and will want to have a 2 goal advantage in the return leg, and they have good strikers capable to do so. Zenit -1 @ 3.00 (2 units) Paddy power
Scored early goal and did not attack after that :wall

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Bad news...fcuking Gazaev has changed his tactics.Boyko and Milevsky are on the bench.Koval(Dynamo's new keeper from Metalurg) is a good keepr actualy.Didn't think Gazaev would play him because he never played matches on this level.Looks like Sheva is a lonely striker.Dynamo is in control atm,don't see many goals now... Young Boys are hammering Spurs :eek...why not Ajax? :unsure

Zenit's defence is very strong and they dont concede many particuarly at home, I suspect they would be reasonably happy to take the 1-0 to France and 2-0 would be superb, I certainly dont expect Auxerre to score and as such unders looks the call given Zenit's decent but unspectacular home scoring form..fairly obvious calls but look solid enough.. Under 2.5 1.61 (tote) 1-0 6.5 (tote) 2-0 7 (various)
Take that, bloody internet went down untill quarter to eight so couldnt bet on the other games! Prob for the best..:lol

Young Lads v Spurs Purely on form and their respective leagues you would have to side with the away side. But this is a cup match and YB have shown they can get results when it matters. I don't think they could repeat the away result they had against Fenerbahce next week, so they will need to get a good result on Tuesday. One thing that is putting me off going for the away win is of course the odds 1.72 on PaddyPower and Betfair, which is a bit stingy. After Spurs performance on Saturday, it could be a landslide if they keep that form up. But I don't think there is a need to go all out at this early stage of the tie. Been looking at other markets apart from the outright and found the Team Corners per half. Spurs to get 3 or more first half corners @1.9 (8/10):) Spurs to get 4 or more second half corners @2.25 (6/10) Both PaddyPower With Bale on the left and Lennon on the right, you know they are going to be coming down the wings from a lot of their play which should enhance the bet as long as YB know how to defend. Another bit of a value punt is for the wincast. Huddlestone had quite a few shots on Saturday and will look to keep that kind of play going, so I will punt on him scoring in 90 mins combined with the Spurs win which is available on PaddyPower @ 8.00 for the Wincast (5/10).
1st part of the corners bet in.:) Looks like the total corners bet for Spurs to get more than 6 should come in for you slizorn. Another 3 to go. :hope

Young Boys v Spurs Spurs last 6 away matches in Europe. Shakthar 2 - 0 Spurs NEC 0 - 1 Spurs Udinese 2 - 0 Spurs Wisla Krakow 1 - 1 Spurs PSV 0 - 0 Spurs Slavia Prague 1 - 2 Spurs Not the greatest record and I think this will be a tough task for them tonight. Young Boys can't be a decent outfit, and 5 games into their season they should be sharp, not been playing well apparantly but we all know league form doesnt always represent cup form. The artificial pitch will help the Swiss boys and as Charlie Wong said, their home form is pretty decent. Think Spurs have been underpriced here by the English bookies. Young Boys +1 @ 11/10 - 4pts Young Boys win @ 9/2 - 2pts
superb pick, congrats mate :cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Zenit St Petersburg -1.5 @ 2.75 :eyes Scored in the 3rd minute and then did not go on with it. Seemed like they were the away team in this leg Tottenham -1.5 @ 2.85 Bet365 :eyes Complacency and underestimating their opponents led to this loss. Still need to turn up, irrespective how inferior the opposition is

Why do I have a feeling Spurs aren't going to win tonight? Young Boys aren't mugs they did knock out Fenerbache as well. Spurs are without King too... And they're away from home' date=' I think they'll be happy with just an away goal-whereas Young Boys will be happy to not concede or hit Spurs on the counter. I'm going for a Young Boys Win/Draw. 11/10 Double Chance. :nana[/quote'] :clap My instinct is 2nd to none.

1st part of the corners bet in.:) Looks like the total corners bet for Spurs to get more than 6 should come in for you slizorn. Another 3 to go. :hope
Gutted. I dont see how they failed to get 3 more corners if they were chasing a 3-0 defecit... :/ :sad Broke even thanks to some in-play bets, bad night for me :eyes Gratz on your 1st half bet, hope you took the higher odds i pointed out to u :ok

Thanks for the info :) Im not that into French football, but now i know that until next time. Just remember reading it somewhere, probably at goal.com. But at least the bet won, even though Auxerre impressed me today.

Young Boys v Spurs Spurs last 6 away matches in Europe. Shakthar 2 - 0 Spurs NEC 0 - 1 Spurs Udinese 2 - 0 Spurs Wisla Krakow 1 - 1 Spurs PSV 0 - 0 Spurs Slavia Prague 1 - 2 Spurs Not the greatest record and I think this will be a tough task for them tonight. Young Boys can't be a decent outfit, and 5 games into their season they should be sharp, not been playing well apparantly but we all know league form doesnt always represent cup form. The artificial pitch will help the Swiss boys and as Charlie Wong said, their home form is pretty decent. Think Spurs have been underpriced here by the English bookies. Young Boys +1 @ 11/10 - 4pts Young Boys win @ 9/2 - 2pts
:clap:clap:clap

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August After all this great talk, the odds are finally what they should be. 2.91 on Partizan makes sense, now the VALUE is on a home team. And I am jumping in and taking these 2.08 on 1 AH (0) for some medium-high stakes. Will probably publish a preview here or on my site later on today. Good luck all.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 3-4-1 -1.56 units (42.85%) 2-0 yesterday, nice day :) Werder Bremen -121 to win 1 unit - 5Dimes Interesting game without Oezil but I don't think this changes the result of this game. Werder Bremen is already an experienced team in the Champions League and they have had success in the past against Italian teams. Sampdoria struggled on the road last year, at one point, going winless in 11 of 13 matches. Werder wins this one easily IMO Sporting Braga +115 to bet 1 unit - 5Dimes Sevilla is a pretty solid team but as of now i'm not too sure how good any of the teams in Spain are other then the top 2. Fabiano may not play today as well, which certainly can't help. Sporting Braga proved how strong they are at home with there domination of Celtic. Sporting Braga hasn't lost a game at home in regulation in over a year now. (Though the last one they did lose was in international play in the Europa League playoff round)

ZENIT PETERSBURG V.S. AUXERRE - ZENIT PETERSBURG -0.75 @ 1.78 LADBROKES;) It is pretty obvious that Zenit will take this by its neck. Zenit has been unbeaten in their own Russian League while Auxerre is currently in 12th place of the French Ligue. I think Auxerre's priority should be in French Ligue, rather than competing in the Champions League. YOUNG BOYS V.S. TOTTENHAM - SPURS -0.5 @ 1.76 LADBROKES:@ I think the name itself will probably tell you much about Spur's opposition. Tottenham Hotspurs will be roaring to beat Young Boys from minute 1. This is their chance to shine on the European platform, and i will really doubt Young Boys being capable of handling Spurs. Man City did it with a performing Joe Hart but, the question is, are the Young Boys capable of handling the fast pace passing that is not often seen in the Swiss League? I doubt so. DINAMO KIEV V.S. AJAX - AJAX +0.5 @ 1.88 LADBROKES;) Totally fair odds for me. Ajax are not that lousy. Defensively they may be weak, allowing Paok to score 2 goals at the end of their last CL game.But they can score goals and boy, dont mess around with Suarez.I really doubt that this is an easy game for Dinamo Kiev. This is a pretty even fixture with both teams having the capability to score so i am hoping for a draw.
Pretty angry about the Spurs one. Whats with the defence honestly?

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August Sampdoria to win away to Werder Bremen (Draw no bet) @ 3/1 with Coral Yeah ok its a bit of an outside shot, but with Ozil just going to Madrid and the possible distractions this move could have caused the home team, I think there is value in the price of Sampdoria. This is a team who also won away to Roma last season, and have virtually the same team as that playing in Bremen. Of course, the Germans will be favourites, but given all the distractions of the past week you have to give a shot to Samp. A draw is a possibility too given its the first leg, and so its worth doing draw no bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 17th - 18th August I too think Samp are a pretty good shout tonight. With losing Oezil, Werder have lost the one player that would have really scared Samp. I can't say that I think Werder are all that much stronger as a team, though I would have liked Samp to recruit a couple by now. Not too sure how Samp will react to this match as not many of them have been on this stage before. They almost certainly need Cassano to galvanise them. Palombo is another important player tonight. He'll have the responsibility of holding the midfield together. I don't know too much about Werder but their strikers are nothing out of the ordinary. Samp were a good team last year, and I think they can spring somewhat of a surprise tonight. Samp +0.5 - 2.075 - 4/10 Bet365 GL all.