Tennis: 2-8 August

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Aarun, what match are you watching? Cirstea is looking great, but the girls are labile many times... Usually in this kind of matches when the better players losses the 2nd set after was 1-0 up on sets, in the 3rd that player wins with confidence! So I expekt maximum 2 games for Srebotnik in the 3rd...

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August

Aarun, what match are you watching? Cirstea is looking great, but the girls are labile many times... Usually in this kind of matches when the better players losses the 2nd set after was 1-0 up on sets, in the 3rd that player wins with confidence! So I expekt maximum 2 games for Srebotnik in the 3rd...
I apologise I missed the 1st set and only saw the back end of the 2nd set. Cirstea surely will win this now, i'd like to congratulate you all on a great win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great tipping from you guys who were on her, as you all did seem confident.

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Back from a wee holiday and going with one tennis selection tonight. Washington: Illya Marchenko vs Marcos Baghdatis I'm happy to back Baghdatis on the -3.5 game handicap here. Marchenko, for me, is not at the same level. He's won a few matches on hard in the last few weeks but has struggled in all of them, especially on serve. He gives too many break point chances and was lucky to benefit from Schuettler's ineptitude in R1 and Gulbis' injury yesterday, Baghdatis is a talented player on a hard court and will enjoy the conditions here. He got back into the swing of things with a good, tough win over Zeballos yesterday - a man I rate higher than Marchenko - and will look to go fairly deep here. Marchenko is making too many errors for me and I'm happy to back the Cypriot to cover the handicap. - Marcos Baghdatis -3.5 games at 1.99 with Pinnacle (4/10) :hope

Great post from Poltergeist. I'd second this and for me this is the bet of the day, well at Copenhagen. Cristea to win 1.75 pinnacle good luck all :hope
:clap Great win. I love this Cirstea,backed her twice this week, she has great power and movement, good defence at times too, she's one for the future .:ok

aarun always talks heaps of fkin bs biggest fkstick on this site always says the player WINNING LOOKS TERRIBLE
Haha, my record on posted bets on PL in the last 1 month is won 4 lost 2. And the 4 I won were rediculous odds, especially Ferrero who was 16/1....... Just because a player is winning doesn't mean they look 'good'. See Chelsea in the football who scrape a 1-0 win against a poor Stoke side. We're all on the same side here Us Vs the bookies. :ok

Srebotnik to beat Cristea' date=' I can't see why everyone is jumping on Cristea but Srebotnik will win today. IMO slightly better player(in which is a very even match up) + more experienced. Don't be surprised when Srebotnik comes out on top 2 sets to 1. In which will be a 3 setter.[/quote'] say what?

Funny that the public seemed to be on Srebotnik, but this forum all on Cirstea. Just shows that the market is not always right. Maleks odds shortened yesterday aswell and she got schooled by Zakapolova indoors!
Tomorrow the clay-courter Zakopalova is dead... :drums

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Janko Tipsarevic (-3) to beat Falla 1.75@triobet! Tipsy looked impresive last night in that service game he managed to break 5:3 and finish that 2nd set against the Sam Querrey. Serbian made a 14 aces, his 1st serve was so good that Sam were able to win just 2 points in all game. Tipsy is on fire right now and with his good serve and one early break i can see nothing that easiwin for Janko! :hope

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Xavier Malisse - John Isner | Isner (-3) 2.05@triobet! American well know about his serve, he won DC cup back in 2007, last year progressed to final, i don't see any problems why John can't do it again this year. Looks like John tempting to win more and more USA tournament, Atlanta he reached final, now it's another opoturnity. My bet is based on john strong first serve , if he can break up than it will be over in my eyes! gl! :hope

Tailing you on this. More precisely' date=' my bookie offers only -3.5 handicap @ 1.71, so I am playing that.[/quote'] Should have gone for -4.5 :loon What a mess that match was. Saw only the second set from the point Anna was 1-4 down. Massive comeback. Had only Lapuschenkova known how to serve it could have been different story. Lucky me this time :clap

Sorana Cirstea to beat Katarina Srebotnik. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Really surprised to see odds like that on Cirstea and they're not dropping. Maybe there's something I don't know. She looked fine against Kvitova and generally speaking has had decent past couple weeks. Got couple good wins in Istanbul last week and was beaten only by the eventual champ Pavlyuchenkova. Srebotnik is definitely past her best and coming back from injury has not worked out as good as she would have wanted. Not much of a results either and on current form Cirstea should be clear favorite to win this match. Anna Chakvetadze -4 games AH vs Anna Lapuschenkova. 1.80 @ 188bet (7/10) Lapuschenkova got a win against Pironkova but it has to be said that the Bulgarian was not in the match at all and was very disinterested. That type of match is not what you want to prepare for a really hard fight against in-form player like Chakvetadze. Lapuschenkova will find it hard to take much away from her compatriot in long rallies and serve issues will come into the picture as well. Lapuschenkova has got terrible serve and Chakvetadze will hurt her big time. I think 4 games here is the right reflection of current situation and Chakvetadze should be able to cover this handicap.
Good stuff pyscho. Got 5/2 on chakvetadze to win that 2nd set. Big up to lapuschenkova and all her unforced errors :rollin

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Yeah, tnx for the pics. My bookies didnt have -4 (jsut -4,5) so I took Ch. 2:0 win. Then in second set I chickened out (she was loosing 0:4) and took Lap. at 2.25 to covwer the loss. And than I turned the stream again and it was 4:4 or something, 40:40, and I took Ch to win the second set at 1.72. So, I'm in gain just a little more than just with 2:0 win. Weird match, and I feel my rather lucky win, at the end

Re: Tennis: 2-8 August Golubev +4.5 > Berdych @ 1.8 local bookie (5/10) I have been thinking long about this one, but then I decided to pull the trigger. Berdych did not play since Wimbledon and in hist first match in Washington he went into a three setter with Tsurunov ranked 514. Golubev won Hamburg (clay) two weeks ago where he steamrolled all his opponents. And that was red clay, whereas Golubev's favourite surface is hard. In the first round he defeated Vliegen (#359) 6:2 7:6. This is not much to say because Vliegen has not won a match since his return after injury in Scheveningen early in july (I do not count Gasquet thet retired in the 1st round), but still Vliegen should be considered better player than Tsurunov. Moreover, as we have seen with Kvitova for example, good performance in Wimbledon means nothing 5-6 weeks later on different surface. I would be banging my head against the wall if I missed this opportunity. Not big stake, though.