Tennis - 19-25 July

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Early selection for me tomorrow. A Julia Goerges & Thomaz Bellucci double at around 4/5 at Paddy Power (7/10) This should come through. Goerges has really picked up of late, doing well last week getting to to the semi's and picking up a good win against Zakopalova yesterday. She still flatters to deceive against the elite but she's not facing one tomorrow in Koryttseva and she should do her flat track bully routine in this match. Koryttseva got past Malek yesterday but in her matches before that got smashed by Errani and Chakvetadze on clay as well being beaten at Wimbledon by Barrios. Bellucci's first match on clay since the French (at least on the main tour) and he should be far too strong for Bollelli if he just maintains his French form. :hope

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July

I tried that tactic today and they both came up. You have to be selective though. There are shorties that do lose and there's not really any value with them on their own.
Very true. I was tossing around with the idea of Voegele to beat Kvitova last night(along with Starace) as Kvitova's clay form is pretty shabby, but went with the unspectacular double instead. As you say, it looks like a sage move when it works but if it doesn't your left kicking yourself

I saw but i mean from others i want more info on Ryan SweetingXavier Malisse Donald YoungDudi Sela Also how u rate Lackos match? Like winning chance
Sweeting is an up-and-coming player. He beats all the guys around his level pretty comfortably but is young and still has erratic and slack moments. He'll struggle against someone with any real savvy about them as they'll be able to break him down. Personally, I think Malisse is a better player on grass and tends to struggle elsewhere. Huge serve. Will probably edge tonight's match but wouldn't touch it. IAG did a good review on Sela-Young. I reckon Sela will win as he's good on a quicker court but the price has shortened big time, it opened at 1.80. I like Lacko tonight for reasons that I stated earlier. I think Kunitsyn will struggle on serve and Lacko's got good shots off either side and can hit a serve. Did well earlier in the year during the hard court swing and I expect quite a good performance from him. Good luck with whatever you decide to go for :ok

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July I could cry like I've never cried before. 3rd and final set, Rodionova is 4-0 up, 40-0 to go 5-0 up, she loses the game and the next 4 games with it, likely to be 5. How can a player to that, howwwwww :wall:wall:wall

I could cry like I've never cried before. 3rd and final set' date=' Rodionova is 4-0 up, 40-0 to go 5-0 up, she loses the game and the next 4 games with it, likely to be 5. How can a player to that, howwwwww :wall:wall:wall[/quote'] Well, that's a typical Rodionova. Will know next time...

I could cry like I've never cried before. 3rd and final set' date=' Rodionova is 4-0 up, 40-0 to go 5-0 up, she loses the game and the next 4 games with it, likely to be 5. How can a player to that, howwwwww :wall:wall:wall[/quote'] Hahahahahaha all u can do in a time like this is laugh then cry. If my calculatons are correct, she has won 3 points in last 18. Never ever seen anything like that in tennis, serving at 40-0 to go 5-0 up and loses the set 6-4. Anyone seen a player choke as much as that before? :wall:cry

today i have not much time... M.Gonzalez over Ramos Vinolas 9/10 @1,6 Doxxbet Duque Marino over Tsurenko 7/10 @1,75 Doxxbet Golubev over Granollers 8/ @1,75 Doxxbet Ramos Vinolas is in poor form. He lost in Q but is LL. Gonzalez good performance yesterday against Rochus. Clear win. I saw Marino last week against Rezai. She played nice. I dont know who is Tsurenko, but yesterday she lost her double match and she lost very easy matches before this tournament.Marino is better player. Golubev played well yesterday with Zverev. Granollers is LL to. He is out of form. Golubev serve is doing well and his play from baseline is better than in the past.No doubt, stright sets here...GL
WIN LOSS:wall-I dont understand. Marina was better, but she lost it... WIN But, good day today... and to ATKO: very nice doubles (Seppi + Chela and Fognini+Gonzalez):D

Hahahahahaha all u can do in a time like this is laugh then cry. If my calculatons are correct' date=' she has won 3 points in last 18. Never ever seen anything like that in tennis, serving at 40-0 to go 5-0 up and loses the set 6-4. Anyone seen a player choke as much as that before? :wall:cry[/quote'] Ancic did something similar recently......5-0 up 40-0 on serve and lost 5-7............:eek There have been some really bad chokes in the womens....think someone lost from 6-0 5-0 up but can't remember names right now.....

Ancic did something similar recently......5-0 up 40-0 on serve and lost 5-7............:eek There have been some really bad chokes in the womens....think someone lost from 6-0 5-0 up but can't remember names right now.....
It's just terrible when it happens to occur on one of your players. Game was a see-saw though. In the first 4 games of the first set, there were 4 breaks of serve. Then Ana won the set 6-4 then was absolutely hammered in the 2nd and then went 4, almost 5-0 up. Have calmed down a bit now, hope thats my bad luck over for a good while now ;)

Ancic did something similar recently......5-0 up 40-0 on serve and lost 5-7............:eek There have been some really bad chokes in the womens....think someone lost from 6-0 5-0 up but can't remember names right now.....
Tsonga won against Federer in Toronto masters last season after turning in final set when Federer served for the match 5-1 up and had 2 matchpoints. Tsonga won in tie-break. Pretty unusual loss for Federer but he also lost 2 months later in Paris vs Benneteau so maybe he's got some problems facing french players. Marat Safin was 40-0 up and had 5-0 in final set in Monaco masters last season against the veteran Nicolas Lapentti but suffered some of his famous late-career-mental breakdowns and lost 7-5.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July I'd say Fed just has a thing about non-slam events.......;) Just checked that WTA choke, Lubomira Kurhajcova led Lisa Raymond at the 04 French Open....6-0 5-0 and 30-0 and lost 0-6 7-5 6-3.......:drums Can probably add Dudi Sela to todays chokes....3-0 up and now 4-3 down....:( Yep Sela is gone......serving 30%, not converting bp's...real trash display to lose to Donald Young. Ah well. Black book for Sela.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Anastasija Sevastova to beat Simona Halep. 1.92 @ Bwin. (6/10) Weird to see Halep a favorite in this one. Should not be like that. 50/50 match in my opinion with Sevastova having slight advantage experience wise. The other plus side for Sevastova is that she is feeling like at home here coz she lives in Austria. Halep has got talent etc. but she is still to prove she can perform consistently. Sadly for her that is yet to happen. Both players have better return game than serving so I can see this match having lots of breaks and ups and downs. Quality wise no big difference though Sevastova should come through. She has beaten Halep in their only meeting which was last year. Lesya Tsurenko to beat Sandra Zahlavova. 2.50 @ Ladbrokes (5/10) I think bookies have got this one wrong as well. Zahlavova beat her sis in law only because she was tired physically and mentally after loss in Prague final. Normally S. Zahlavova should have lost here in first round as her current form is pretty poor. Tsurenko is in much more better shape at the moment and with shape comes confidence which is very important. Saw her play pretty ok against Schnyder a few weeks ago and she lacked quality to win against player like Schnyder but will have an easier time today. Lesya has looked quite solid thus far winning 4 matches without dropping a set and is my favorite to advance to the 3rd round. Denis Istomin to beat Nicolas Almagro. 5.50 @ Betfair. (2/10) Normally would leave this one alone because Istomin on clay is a nightmare but this time I'm having a crack. And the only reason for that is that Almagro is arriving to Hamburg after just winning Bastad title. Nicolas is the type of player who can have a poor showing after title win. Saw their match in Eastbourne and actually before Almagro got hurt he couldn't do much about Istomin's play. Clay will be totally different and huge advantage for Almagro though it remains to be seen how hungry he will be today. P.S. Have not seen handicaps yet but I guess we might get smth like 4.5 games either way and that would be ok, too. Rainer Schuettler to beat Michael Russell. 1.90 @ Pinnacle. (6/10) Russell was average in round 1 against Becker and was more less gifted a win there. Rainer Schuettler is not gonna play that bad although he can do that. Though I think this tournament won't be the case. He normally collapses towards the end of the season and there are 2-3 months still to go before that. Schuettler destroyed Gabashvili in his first match and as we know Gaba is not that bad. I think the German player here has got a bit of mental advantage as he has beaten Russell both times they played. I reckon this match will be close, possibly tie-break or two. Has not seen Russell play one good tie-break against quality player so my choice is Schuettler.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Rainer Schuettler to beat Michael Russell- 5/6 William Hill- 6/10 According to the bookies, both are the same odds giving 50% chance to each. Really don't see how this can be the case. Opposed Schuettler a couple of days ago against Gabashvilli but in truth he hammered him, as the score suggests 6-1 6-4. Gaba didn't play well but the experience of Schuettler helped him achieve 5 breaks of serve, only dropping his own service twice. His first serve isn't the quickest but over 60% of his first serves were in, which is key for me when I pick an outright in the second or futher round. Russell I again opposed in the last round. He comfortably beat Benjamin Becker 6-3 6-3, but the stats are vastly different to those of Schuettler. First serve was below 50%, and from watching the match, it was only Becker's sheer lacklustre performance, a seemingly not caring attitude shown upon when he just went for everything in the second set, hitting balls wildly and long. Russell wasn't great, yet Becker was atrocious. They have played eachother twice but a long time ago with Schuettler winning them both on hard court so not much to be read into that. Based on the two performances in the previous round, Schuettler should have the edge, confidence and experience to take this one.

- Over 22.5 games at 1.943 with Pinnacle (6/10) - Lukas Lacko at 1.714 with Pinnacle (5/10)
LOSS - Tipsarevic was woeful on serve and Anderson punished him. 21 games so not really close WIN - Bloody hell, that was a nerve killer. Lacko came back from a first set loss to win the second and third in breakers. Fair play to him though, showed guts. Good profit for today, happy with that.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Going to follow both Psycho and Fishy on Schuettler too. Both chaps have covered the reasoning exceptionally well, I'll happily follow pied piper here. - Rainer Schuettler at 1.90 with Betdaq (5/10) :hope

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Hello everyone!clap.gif i´m new here and a fan of tennis so i wonder if i can get some money as a tour follower... here i came with my first bet..

Lacko to beat Kunitsyn and Ferrero to beat Hajek (2.14 at >unibet) crossfingers.gif as my confindence increases (if i start getting some guesses) i will try to post more... GOT THE FIRST ONE IN! NICE PLAY BY FERRERO AND REALLY DIFFICULT MATCK FOR LACKO... My next move is a risky one: Schwank to beat Melzer (3.8 at Bwin) (strenght 3/10) I have seen Schwank play many times (i´m a fellow argentinian) and he has a complete game with decent forehand and backhand but yet he needs to improve his head. However i think he can perform well in clay courts wich clearly is not Melzer´s favourite. Of course Melzer is still favourite but the odds justify the bet. :hope

Taking a small bet on taylor dent 4 tonite at odds 2.9.as u all know blake is coming off an injury and my guess is he still not fully fit.he lost some one or 2 ez matches reacently so i wont take much notice of the head to head.they were all close 5 set matches anyway.dent has got a solid serve and playing at home.he may not be as good as b4 but he still has plenty of ability.i will not say no to this value esp since blake is playing so badly:hope ...ps i will also put abet on raven claasen at just above even odds.best up and coming talent from here in south africa.likes the faster courts ...played well last week on grass at newport so the hard should suite.dont know much about hes opponent except that hes past hes sell by date.i hav to be patriotic.lmao
Both bets winners:dude

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Rainer looks pretty comfortable bet here. Russel isn't that player that Rainer Should be afraid off... just on thing that american playing at home and won the first game vs crapy Beck, so it can build some confidence to him. But looking to the other side we have perfect german machine Shuettler, who won vs Gaba in the first round and played solid tennis. So there's no way out just pick it on german with good odd 1.8!? any thoughts?

Lesya Tsurenko to beat Sandra Zahlavova. 2.50 @ Ladbrokes (5/10) I think bookies have got this one wrong as well. Zahlavova beat her sis in law only because she was tired physically and mentally after loss in Prague final. Normally S. Zahlavova should have lost here in first round as her current form is pretty poor. Tsurenko is in much more better shape at the moment and with shape comes confidence which is very important. Saw her play pretty ok against Schnyder a few weeks ago and she lacked quality to win against player like Schnyder but will have an easier time today. Lesya has looked quite solid thus far winning 4 matches without dropping a set and is my favorite to advance to the 3rd round.
Did you really get 2.50 in the early hours this morning? 1.72 is the best I can see now!

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Here we go again... Hamburg: Albert Montanes vs Pere Riba I'm going to go with Montanes to cover the handicap here. He's playing really well at the moment, fresh from winning in Stuttgart, and I can't see Riba causing him too many problems. Riba beat Paul-Henri Mathieu in three in R1 but the Frenchman is severely out of form and that result holds no real value. Montanes is more solid with his groundstrokes and is quick around the court. He'll do his usual - bring the opponent into the net and look to throw in plenty of groundstrokes. He's playing with confidence at present and looks every bit a Top 10 clay courter. Riba performs on this surface but there is a class difference here for me and I fancy Montanes to be able to cover this handicap. - Albert Montanes -4 games AH at 1.877 with Pinnacle (6/10) Hamburg: Juan Ignacio Chela vs Philipp Kohlschreiber I don't agree with the price of 1.79 on Kohlschreiber. I think it should be much shorter and I think the German will prevail here. The bookies have overreacted to Kohlschreiber's loss to Florian Mayer last week and Chela's win over Sergiy Stakhovsky yesterday. Mayer is playing really well at the moment and there is no shame in losing to him. Stakhovsky is a very poor clay courter and offered next to no resistence for Chela. It won't be the same here. Chela is not as good as he used to be. His serve is not as powerful as it once was and he tends to struggle against players who player with power and guile. Kohlschreiber has both those attributes. He can throw in errors but in general, his backhand, movement and serve are superior to the Argentine's. He's been put on as the night match and the German crowd will get behind him. They've met once before - on clay - and Chela won in 2006, but the Argentine is not as good now as he was then. It'll be a close match but I do feel home advantage and more stamina will help Kohlschreiber through this. - Philipp Kohlschreiber at 1.79 with Betdaq (6/10) Hamburg: Thomaz Bellucci vs Simone Bolelli I can see a wee shock in the offing here. This is Bellucci's first match since Wimbledon and I expect a little bit of rust from the Brazilian. He's up against a potentially dangerous opponent in Bolelli here. The Italian won a challenger in Turin on clay coming into this tournament and got a very good win over Simon Greul in R1. He's played Bellucci once before and the Brazilian lost out in straights, on an indoor hard court, back in 2008. Since then, both players have followed separate paths - Bellucci is now a Top 30 player - but Bolelli has the ability. It's all about belief and confidence for him and he's got that going into this match. Bellucci showed a few foibles at SW19 - he was involved in an epic with Martin Fischer - and I wonder if Bolelli might catch him a little cold here. Bellucci lost out to Leo Mayer 6-4 6-1 in Nice a month or so ago and that result gives me hope that Bolelli might sneak something here. Handicap of +3.5 games is generous, IMO, and I'll happily play that. - Simone Bolelli +3.5 games at 1.833 with Pinnacle (5/10) Hamburg: Michael Berrer vs Andreas Seppi I think the bookmakers are overestimating Seppi here, as you can get 1.86 on Berrer just to win a set here. I think this quite a tasty looking bet. Seppi has won both their previous meetings on clay but this is the first time they've met in Germany and Berrer can be a tricky opponent. He's a big lefty with an awkward serve and he'll be able to keep things competitive. Against Seppi, you always get a chance on his serve because he throws in too many errors. Yes, the Italian did well yesterday against Stephane Robert, but he was playing another opponent who doesn't play with much power and doesn't have punishing groundstrokes. Seppi will also have to deal with Berrer's charges to the net. I still think Seppi will sneak it but I wouldn't put it past Berrer to take a set here. - Michael Berrer +1.5 sets at 1.86 with Unibet (4/10) Atlanta: Gilles Muller vs John Isner Two big servers meet and you think guaranteed overs, right? Well, I'm not so sure about this one. The under 23 game line is priced at a whopping 2.11 and I'm going to give it a go. I remember doing the same when Isner met Ivo Karlovic earlier this year and it paid dividends. Isner is a very good player. Obviously, he's got the huge serves but his groundies have improved a heck of a lot. He's comfy off either side these days and has the mental toughness needed for a Top 10 player. Muller is a shadow of the player who made the US Open QFs in 2008. The serve is still good but he's not getting as many cheap points off it as he used to and when in rallies, he's cumbersome and easily punished. He was lucky not to lose to Michal Przysienzy last night and will be a little fatigued after that match went the distance - Muller is not the fittest man on tour. I feel Isner holds all the aces (yes, another crap pun) and can get this done in under 23 games. I wouldn't put anyone off the -3 game line either, which is a bigger price, but the unders is just in case Muller morphs into a world beater all of a sudden. - Under 23 games AH at 2.11 with Pinnacle (4/10) Atlanta: Horacio Zeballos vs Taylor Dent I'm suprised to see Zeballos as the favourite here and I suspect that'll change as we get nearer the start of the match. You can get 2.10 on him at the moment and I'm happy to play him at those odds. Dent played a really poor match yesterday and he only won it because James Blake was just as bad. Dent threw in a tremendous number of double faults and faced numerous break points. Once in rallies, he looks second best and his backhand can be erratic. He's playing a man on the upswing in Zeballos here. The Argentine is coming over from the clay courts - perhaps the one reason going against him - but he can play on a hard court (his only appearance in a final was on hard). He played very well against Juan Carlos Ferrero last week in Stuttgart and with a bit more luck, he would've won that. He's got a good serve and vicious, powerful groundstrokes. Futhermore, he led Dent 6-3 in their only meeting in Houston before the American retired. Dent has a poorish record against lefties - W16 L22 - and will feel the exercions of yesterday's match, as he's not the fittest these days. Dent will have home backing but Zeballos is the stronger player for me and can get this one done. - Horacio Zeballos at 2.10 with Stan James (4/10) Hamburg: Victor Hanescu vs Julian Reister Resiter is over-priced here and I reckon we could see a small shock on the cards. Hanescu's head is in the wrong place. Ever since his spat (no pun intended) at SW19 with the crowd, when he lost to Daniel Brands, his tennis has been poor. He was surprisingly dumped out of Stuttgart last week to Marco Chiudinelli and plays a man on the upswing in Reister. The German took out Brands in straight sets yesterday and had a good Roland Garros, losing in R3 to Roger Federer where he wasn't disgraced - it's fair to say that he does his best work on the clay. Hanescu is the more talented player on his day but I feel he's in a bad place at the moment. Reister has the backing of the crowd and a bit of momentum going his way. At 2.30, his price is pretty tasty and I reckon he's worth a small shot. - Julian Reister at 2.30 with Boylesports (3/10) :hope

Here we go again... Hamburg: Victor Hanescu vs Julian Reister Resiter is over-priced here and I reckon we could see a small shock on the cards. Hanescu's head is in the wrong place. Ever since his spat (no pun intended) at SW19 with the crowd, when he lost to Daniel Brands, his tennis has been poor. He was surprisingly dumped out of Stuttgart last week to Marco Chiudinelli and plays a man on the upswing in Reister. The German took out Brands in straight sets yesterday and had a good Roland Garros, losing in R3 to Roger Federer where he wasn't disgraced - it's fair to say that he does his best work on the clay. Hanescu is the more talented player on his day but I feel he's in a bad place at the moment. Reister has the backing of the crowd and a bit of momentum going his way. At 2.30, his price is pretty tasty and I reckon he's worth a small shot. - Julian Reister at 2.30 with Boylesports (3/10) :hope
Will be following this one happily. Was thinking of taking Reister and completely forgot about the home crowd support which could play a part for both players.

Re: Tennis - 19-25 July Already taken 2, that of Schuettler and Reister, now going to take the supposed underdog in one of the women's matches. Virginie Razzano to beat Vera Dushevina- 6/4 William Hill- 3/10 She has been percieved by the bookies as the slight underdog here and probably rightly so. Her form in 2010 hasn't been great to say the least, with her being upset in a lot of competitions. Her year was very much 2009 where she shot up the rankings, and made the fourth round at Wimbledon at Rolland Garros. Her last two tournament wins occured on hard court, back in 2007 where she beat Venus Williams in the most recent one. She won in straight sets a couple of days ago against a fairly average opponent in Kucova, today will be a different test. Vera again hasn't had her best season, she pushed Serenva Williams to a 3 setter, having a match point saved. More recently she beat Schiavone at Wimbledon but that's about it. About 50/50 this match and simply taking Razzano as she has played more on hard court recently and has won the majority of her matches on it. Could be a long one, but I fancy her to get it done. Gl all :ok

Sport Tennis
Event Thomaz Bellucci v Simone Bolelli
Selection Bellucci (-3) GH (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Well, Thomaz Bellucci has improved even more his level in 2010, he has got a lot of experience and his shot selection is clear on a different level. Thomaz Bellucci is a young and very talented player, he possess a great potential and from the pure class point of view he is just over his today's opponent Simone Bolelli. Both players like to play on clay more than on any other surface, both can play their best surface on this surface, so from this point of view there are no advantages or disadvantages. But, as I have mentionated before Bellucci is just better than Bolelli, his movement on the court is better and his backhand as well. Bellucci is a much more stable baseliner than the italian and this aspect could make the difference in today's game. There are many things which gives Bellucci's better chances of winning this one, he is purely the more complete player and the more stable one. Bolelli's weak point is his lack of a good concentration, he is not a stable player thats for sure, so IMO Bellucci could take a good advantage of that. All in all, Bellucci has improved even more his level and even if at the first sight this match looks quite difficult for the brazilian I will say that the consistence should have the main word here cause when you're playing against a unstable player the victory comes even more easy. Good Luck!