** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mr Mick's Flat Thread

Hi all I'm new on here :cheers. I came across this website only a couple of days ago and you all seem friendly people so I thought I'd join-up and get involved. Lots of you have had some very good winners and I'm hopeful that I can also contribute some good stuff from time to time. I often get busy with work so won't be on as regular as many of you but I'll do what I can, when I can. I see that on here you often give detailed justification for your horses, which I guess has to be a good thing in case people start to follow you. I'd seriously advise nobody to follow me for quite some time, but I will post up, when I can, what I'm getting involved with. Many are just bets that I'm convinced are worth a try after the usual pain-staking research many of us attempt. I will sometimes go in when I think a horse might not have shown as much as I think he can so sometimes the selections might not always reflect past form, but I guess we all do that from time to time anyway. I do have one or two 'connections' in racing as well though, so if a selection is a tip - I'll tell you. Again, do not get involved until you see if they're any good, but I'm sure you're all wise enough to know this already. Best of luck if you do anything today. Mick

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hi - from a newbie Hey BH and fintron - thanks for the welcome. Well I'm not wasting any time at all and I'm getting involved virtually as soon as joining up. I've read a lot of messages on here and a first-tipping experience called sod's bloody law often creeps in so I'm hoping that I can avoid that and start the right way :ok. Kilbeggan 5.25 Classic Frontier 3/1 Bet365 1 point each-way

Excellent 2nd last time and looks primed now to lose his maiden tag to me with Davy Russell taking over.

Re: Hi - from a newbie A second bet for today: Listowel 3.35 Sixteen Forty Two 3/1 widely available 1 point each-way Good 3rd on his reappearance run three weeks ago for his new stable, and he has won on this track before when with Bolger. All bets are Best Odds Guaranteed too :ok

Re: Hi - from a newbie Hey all you guys - thanks a lot for the welcome messages you were kind enough to bother sending. It was nice to start here with a winner, and I can't believe the price it ended up. Catch you all laters - off to meet the mrs :cheers.

Re: Hi - from a newbie

Hey all you guys - thanks a lot for the welcome messages you were kind enough to bother sending. It was nice to start here with a winner, and I can't believe the price it ended up. Catch you all laters - off to meet the mrs :cheers.
Welcome to the site fella, it was a nice shout, i had my eye on it aswell and just like you could not believe the 7/1. Its like putting your hand in the till. I see your other came in aswell at 7/4 I hope you had a very good day.

Re: Hi - from a newbie Well done Mick on todays performance:clap Just to point you down the right path for the future mate, the way we work is all bets must have reasoning and they go in the appropriate daily thread for that meeting, if no thread has started feel free to begin one, like todays selections for example they would go in the Kilbeggan and Listowel threads, just create one and off you go. In future you may decide to have your own individual thread where you keep all your bets together, if you do this we like a Profit and Loss account kept up to date. As soemone else said we run a Back and a Lay competition each day to 1pt level stakes and anyone is welcome to join in, just have a quick look at the rules in the first post of the tables threads at the top of the page. All the best:ok

MrMick's flat thread BH - thanks for the advice. As I don't get as much time to get on here as some of you might do, I'll just use this thread as the place to put all my bets if that's ok, and I'll also do what you requested and keep a tally of all bets with the profit/loss totals as well. I've changed the name of the thread to just my name if that's also ok? Thanks to all the other people who said hi and obviously I'm well chuffed with the start :cow. So... totals: Bet 1 WON 7/1 +8.4 points Bet 2 WON 3/1 +3.6 points Total = +12 points :nana

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread TIP Not giving much justification except to say that this is a tip from a good source. Remember what I said about testing the water with the tips first though. Also the price has gone a fair bit as had to wait until people were on :\. Was 4/1 but now only 9/4 available at Bet365, sorry. For what it's worth still anyway... Hexham 4.45 Aupcharlie.

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Very unlucky yesterday just getting done a head on the line. Ran well though so as long we're still in form that's ok :ok. Well I’m hoping to go one better than yesterday’s head defeat today. Over in Ireland in the 5.30 at Roscommon. I’m hopeful that Bale OShea will follow-up his recent Wetherby success. Bale OShea was the only one to oblige when all five OHare horses were hammered-in that evening. The style in which he quickened on the run-in however was impressive and this race certainly doesn’t look any tougher, so the 11/4 available at Victor Chandler will do nicely for me.

Roscommon 5.30 Bale OShea 11/4 Victor Chandler 1 point each-way. (For future reference, all my bets will be 1 point each-way unless stated otherwise.)

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Oh well, can't really do much about a faller :\! Bet 1 WON 7/1 +8.4 points Bet 2 WON 3/1 +3.6 Total = +12 Bet 3 2nd 5/2 -0.5 Total = +11.5 Bet 4 Fell -2 Total = +9.5 Still well ahead so we're ok :ok!

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Well I'm hoping we'll be back on the winning trail today :hope. At Warwick in the 7.55 I like the 4/1 currently on offer by Coral for Lady Jane Digby. She had a great season last year - including when very unlucky in this race, and the two runs she's had this year, while not setting the world alight would have put her spot on for this. Unlucky last year is the understatement of the decade: everything that could have gone wrong did: blocked a clear run twice, stumbled and then the rider lost his whip. Greg's on her again and I expect him to make up for last year and get the filly home in front. Warwick 7.55 Lady Jane Digby 4/1 Coral.

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Lady Jane Digby and Greg didn't miss second time around :nana! Bet 1 WON 7/1 +8.4 points Bet 2 WON 3/1 +3.6 Total = +12 Bet 3 2nd 5/2 -0.5 Total = +11.5 Bet 4 Fell -2 Total = +9.5 Bet 5 WON 4/1 +4.8 Total + 14.3 Profit so far = 14.3 points :clap

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Thanks bowles10, nice to make hay while you can eh? Today, I can't help but be interested in Ghimaar at 11/2 with William Hill in the 5.00. He's weighted very well, won so impressively last time over hurdles where he might not have beat much but at least he showed he's in terrific form. Henderson has won this race more than once before, the man Fallon is on, he's won over 2 miles before on the flat staying on really strongly and surely, while there are numerous dangers Ghimaar has to be primed to give us a sparkling run for our money. Ascot 5.00 Ghimaar 11/2 William Hill.

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Ok a bit of a late one for me today but been hectic at work! The 5/2 available earlier has gone but Victor Chandler are offering 85/40 for Super Collider in the 8.40 at Leicester. Super Collider can't carry as much confidence as some of my previous bets but I'm trying him anyway. A few short-priced defeats when beaten favourite doesn't augur well but he has been gelded and I'm certain this longer trip will help him to finally get his head in front. Lots of dangers but I'll stick with Super Collider and give him this one final chance to get his head in front in the hope the extra distance is right up his street. Leicester 8.40 Super Collider 85/40 Victor Chandler