** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mr Mick's Flat Thread

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Yes - the Epsom one was a rare duffer Tull, but I'm only human too, haha. As for Blessed Place Jimmy - I can only hope you were on it. I certainly was but didn't have time to get on here in time so won't be including it on my thread obviously. Sorry guys - work was just too much today again, but I hope some of you noticed it like Jimmy did! As for tonight I'm going in again with some of the Blessed Place winnings and taking the 4/1 currently on offer by Bet365 for Baizically in the 7.30 Kilbeggan. He's out quickly again after a recent win and I'm sure this drop in trip will not pose a problem. The way in which he won proves that he's very clearly in great heart and I think by quarter to eight the 4/1 might just look very tasty indeed. Kilbeggan 7.30 Baizically 4/1 Bet365

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread

Yes - the Epsom one was a rare duffer Tull, but I'm only human too, haha. As for Blessed Place Jimmy - I can only hope you were on it. I certainly was but didn't have time to get on here in time so won't be including it on my thread obviously. Sorry guys - work was just too much today again, but I hope some of you noticed it like Jimmy did! As for tonight I'm going in again with some of the Blessed Place winnings and taking the 4/1 currently on offer by Bet365 for Baizically in the 7.30 Kilbeggan. He's out quickly again after a recent win and I'm sure this drop in trip will not pose a problem. The way in which he won proves that he's very clearly in great heart and I think by quarter to eight the 4/1 might just look very tasty indeed. Kilbeggan 7.30 Baizically 4/1 Bet365
I dont miss a trick friend, if we ever meet up in real time lol your 1st beer is on me. Ps Nina is in with a shout in the last. Nice work fella Many Thanks. :dude

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Hmm - another duffer in Baizically never looking like winning last night. Oh well - onwards and upwards and today I'm very confident we'll be back to winning ways. At Newmarket in the 3.00 I'm liking the 10/3 widely available for Parvaaz. He's progressing nicely and I think this step up top a mile will suit him well. He's lightly raced and open to bags of improvement so I think even though others are more experienced, Parvaaz is going to take a fair bit of beating today. Newmarket 3.00 Parvaaz 10/3 Bet365

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Ok, at these prices I'm going for a second bet today. The 11/4 widely available, but sadly not B.O.G., has tempted me to go in again for Custom House in the first race at Newmarket. He's surely got to improve for his first run, where he missed the break but still finished a respectable 4th. If Eddie gets him out a little better this time than the 3lb cliamer did last time he surely has to go close. Newmarket 1.55 Custom House 11/4 SportingBet

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Hmm, not a great day you could say! Custom House rescued the money but Parvaaz drifted like some wasting driftwood and ran like it had no chance, apparently; didn't see it but was told. I'll do an update of profit/loss tomorrow, but still well ahead even though we've had a few recent duffers (sorry). I do back everyone I put up so feeling it myself too, but at the moment we've only lost a little of the profits we've made so it's not like we're losing or even close to it :ok. I'll shake myself down and get back to top-form for the next one!

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Ok, here's a full breakdown of all results. A few duffers sneaked in recently but good to get a few out of the way while in profit. :ok Bet 1 WON 7/1 +8.4 points Bet 2 WON 3/1 +3.6 Total = +12 Bet 3 2nd 5/2 -0.5 Total = +11.5 Bet 4 Fell -2 Total = +9.5 Bet 5 WON 4/1 +4.8 Total +14.3 Bet 6 4th 11/2 (Dead heated) -0.38 Total +13.92 Bet 7 Lost -2 Total +11.92 Bet 8 WON 6/1 +7.2 Total +19.12 Bet 9 WON 85/40 +2.55 Total = +21.67 Bet 10 3rd 40/1 +7 Total = +28.67 Bet 11 WON 11/4 +3.3 Total = +31.97 Bet 12 WON 5/2 +3Total = +34.97 Bet 13 2nd 4/1 +/- 0 Total = +34.97 Bet 14 Lost -2 Total = +32.97 Bet 15 Lost -2 Total = +30.97 Bet 16 2nd 9/4 -0.55 Total = +30.42 Bet 17 Lost -2 Total = +28.42 Bet 18 Lost -2 Total = +26.42 Bet 19 Lost -2 Total = +24.42 Bet 20 2nd 3/1 -0.4 Total = +24.02 Still ahead nicely but recent 10 point loss hurts a little. Hopefully put that right really soon!

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Ok, I'm confident we'll be back on the winning trail today. In the 2.55 at Tipperary the 5/2 widely available for Turf War is good enough for me. He's had a couple of spins over the fences and those, along with the two-week break should have put him spot-on for this race. Tipperary 2.55 Turf War 5/2 widely available.

Ok, I'm confident we'll be back on the winning trail today. In the 2.55 at Tipperary the 5/2 widely available for Turf War is good enough for me. He's had a couple of spins over the fences and those, along with the two-week break should have put him spot-on for this race. Tipperary 2.55 Turf War 5/2 widely available.
Its a tough game Mick.

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Ok, let's try again and see if we get our head in front today. At Ayr in the 5.30 I am taking the 9/2 currently on offer at Hills for Thinking. He only just scrambled home last time, but at least he's in good form and I think that this track will suit him much better than Catterick did. While the 2nd didn't exactly boost the form recently the first two pulled clear of the rest. Hopefully now that Thinking did get his head in front his confidence will be high. 5.30 Ayr Thinking 9/2 Hills

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread As the sun is shining, I'm going for a second bet today, and I'm really crossing my fingers for an Easterby/Fentiman double. In the 6.00 at Ayr, I'll be hoping that Easterby and Fentiman follow-up Thinking's win with Loss Leader, currently 11/4 widely available. He has been in good form lately with a good 2nd and 3rd more recently over 6f. This drop back to 5f is what he wants and let's hope he and Thinking are both in the paddock tomorrow having a well-deserved successful rest! 6.00 Ayr Loss Leader 11/4 widely available.

As the sun is shining, I'm going for a second bet today, and I'm really crossing my fingers for an Easterby/Fentiman double. In the 6.00 at Ayr, I'll be hoping that Easterby and Fentiman follow-up Thinking's win with Loss Leader, currently 11/4 widely available. He has been in good form lately with a good 2nd and 3rd more recently over 6f. This drop back to 5f is what he wants and let's hope he and Thinking are both in the paddock tomorrow having a well-deserved successful rest! 6.00 Ayr Loss Leader 11/4 widely available.
Loss leader is my lay of the day so should win for you Mick lol, i think my last 5 or 6 lays have all won, sods law eh, i thought the ground would be against him Mick, you talk about the sun shining well its not been shining for a long time in Scotland and as i type this email its pissing from the heavens again, and i mean pissing. Best of luck anyway sir. :ok

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Right, well after a dismal few days I'm going all out to get back on track in tremendous fashion today. 3 horses will do all as singles but might play them in doubles and a treble too. 4.20 Thirsk Giant's Play 5/2 Paddy Power 6.05 Wexford Saajidah 9/4 Widely available 9.05 Wexford Battling Boru 9/4 Paddy Power Giant's Play will surely have progressed since his only run this season, and he'll be nice and fresh now for this. Saajidah look like he only has to turn up fit enough and he'll surely take this if he's as good as he was last year. Battling Boru's last performance was a marked improvement and the Mullins stable are flying at the moment. :ok