** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mr Mick's Flat Thread

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread

Well after yesterday’s success, I’m hoping to follow that up with another winner today.

At the Curragh, the 5/2 still available at PaddyPower for Emperor Claudius surely looks good value with two of the main rivals now pulled out. He steps up a bit in grade today but after two good runs and wins, he’ll be bouncing with confidence and I think the 5/2 with those two pulled out looks worth trying.

Curragh 4.30 Emperor Claudius 5/2 PaddyPower
Nice work yet again MrMick, top drawer. :dude

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Hey guys, thanks for the messages :cheers. Emperor Claudius led all the way and won well enough :clap Bet 1 WON 7/1 +8.4 points Bet 2 WON 3/1 +3.6 Total = +12 Bet 3 2nd 5/2 -0.5 Total = +11.5 Bet 4 Fell -2 Total = +9.5 Bet 5 WON 4/1 +4.8 Total +14.3 Bet 6 4th 11/2 (Dead heated) -0.38 Total +13.92 Bet 7 Lost -2 Total +11.92 Bet 8 WON 6/1 +7.2 Total +19.12 Bet 9 WON 85/40 +2.55Total = +21.67 Bet 10 3rd 40/1 +7 Total = +28.67 Bet 11 WON 11/4 +3.3 Total = +31.97 Bet 12 WON 5/2 +3 Total = +34.97 Points

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Ok I think I'll try to keep the good run going today and have a bash on one at Worcester. In the 3.10 I think the 7/2 avaliable at Bet365 or Victor Chandler makes Pagan Sword worthy of my next bet. He ran a great 2nd only a week ago over a much longer trip and I think this drop back in trip will suit him. I'm just hoping the race won't come too quickly but if he's in the same kind of form as he was then he should take some beating today. A few dangers but there usually is so I'm not too bothered about them. Worcester 3.10 Pagan Sword 7/2 Bet365/Victor Chandler :ok

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Hey jtw1, what I didn't like about it was that it wasn't particularly well-backed for a supposedly Haggas 'fancy'. Typical that a new contact should put a minor blip on my good start :lol. Oh well... onwards and upwards :ok

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread I’m confident today that we’ll be back on the winning track.

At sunny Brighton in the 4.00 I like the 5/1 offered by BetFred for Mr Harmoosh very much. He ran well at Brighton a couple of starts ago when 2nd to a Prescott flyer that has gone in twice more since. I think the 10f stretched him too much and back at Brighton over a mile I think he’s going to take a fair bit of beating.

Brighton 4.00 Mr Harmoosh 5/1 BetFred NON-RUNNER as soon as posted, haha!

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Tip Market Rasen 4.20 Mighty Matters. 20/1 widely available :ok And just to say that after this TIP, all future ones will be in a new thread called TIPS and this one will just be for my own selections!

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Believe it or not - another big priced TIP (definitely last TIP on here until new thread starts haha) Limerick 5.15 Raise the Rafters 25/1 available at a few places. Let's hope today we do indeed raise the rafters! :ok

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Well something clearly went wrong with Mighty Matters the way he was pulled up. Hopefully he'll be ok for another day. Other one - Raise the Rafter was a non-runner. There'll be better days :ok

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Been a few quiet days for me but I'm raring to go again today. At Windsor in the 6.40 I'm taking thr 9/4 available only at sportingbet (sadly not B.O.G.) for Grandma's Dream. She made a very pleasing debut at Lingfield when in need of the run, and then followed that up with a great performance finishing 10th after leading the group for a long way at Royal Ascot. Mongan's back on her today and I think she'd goint to take a fair bit of pegging back. Windsor 6.40 Grandma's Dream 9/4 Sportingbet :ok

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread

Been a few quiet days for me but I'm raring to go again today. At Windsor in the 6.40 I'm taking thr 9/4 available only at sportingbet (sadly not B.O.G.) for Grandma's Dream. She made a very pleasing debut at Lingfield when in need of the run, and then followed that up with a great performance finishing 10th after leading the group for a long way at Royal Ascot. Mongan's back on her today and I think she'd goint to take a fair bit of pegging back. Windsor 6.40 Grandma's Dream 9/4 Sportingbet :ok
Sorry Mick its my lay of the day, if one of us is right i hope its you fella, all my lay's have been winning lol so you have nothing to fear sir. :ok

Re: Mr Mick's Flat Thread Ok, a bit late today but it was a long day at work and the horse is not running until late anyway. As we're still in good form I'm going to take the 9/4 available at Coral for Waveband in the 8.50 at Epsom. After such a good win last time absolutely bolting up over 7f, he surely must take some beating today over a mile which off his last run looks no problem whatsoever. Epsom 8.50 Waveband 9/4 Coral