** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World » Club Friendlies

Re: Club friendlies Tuesday 26 July 2011

Bayern win - 1.83 - 4 points - LOSS
Milan were whack as fcuk. Bayern definitely should have won this match. Bayern took this match seriously and in all probability will rest a lot of first-team players tomorrow against Barca. If a decent price is available on Barca I'll pick it up.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Club friendlies Wednesday 27 July 2011 :welcome:welcome

UK Friendlies
Kilmarnock v Sunderland
Tranmere v Man Utd XI
Bury v Bolton
Celtic v Wolverhampton
Harrogate Town v Hartlepool
Hull v Bradford
Rotherham v Scunthorpe
Southampton v West Brom
France Super Cup
Lille v Marseille
Europe Friendlies
FC Montana v Teuta Durres
CS Otopeni v Ariesul Turda
Gondomar v Trofense
AB Copenhagen v FC Vestsjaelland
Atalanta v Tritium
Bologna v Grosseto
Brescia v Spal
SC Znojmo v Sigma Olomouc B
SK Kladno v Viktoria Zizkov
Zenit Caslav v Bohemians Praha
Hertha Berlin v Real Madrid
Kardemir Karabukspor v AEK Athens
Nancy v Epinal
Oliveirense v Uniao Leiria
Shakhtar Donetsk v Lyon
Warta Poznan v AEL Limassol
Tarxien Rainbows FC v Birkirkara
Brest v Bordeaux
Bronshoj BK v Elite 3000 Helsingør
De Graafschap v Orduspor
FC Groningen v Volendam
FC Utrecht v Malaga
Getafe v Kayserispor
NEC v Mallorca
Orleans v Auxerre
Beira Mar v Academica
Cesena v QPR
Numancia v Athletic Bilbao
Orihuela v Murcia
Nottm Forest v PSV
World Club Friendlies
Cordoba v Al Rayyan
Espanyol v Boca Juniors

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July FC Utrecht vs Malaga - Malaga @ 1.90 - PaddyPower 4pts These two have had slightly different transfer windows. Malaga have strengthened with the very best while Utrecht have lost some of their key players. Mertens and van Wolfswinkel have left the Dutch club, the two top goalscorers of last season. Malaga have taken a full squad to Holland, even joined by Cazorla who recently signed from Villarreal. Utrecht start their season next weekend but have prepared poorly as of yet. They lost 2-1 to both Lierse and Mechelen of Belgium and then recorded a goalless draw with Ergotelis. Opponents, Malaga, have already ripped apart an Qatari side 6-1 and then beat a solid Xerex side 1-0. The Malaga players have taken part in a light training session this morning and should have enough to win here despite it being a friendly. This match is played on neutral ground, at amateur club JSV Nieuwegein's stadium.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July Southampton + 0.5 @ 1.96 - Pinnacle v West Bromwich Albion. Quite fancy Southampton this season for promotion, or at least to make the playoffs. They've got a good squad, with several decent goalscorers that have a lot to prove at this level. Already this season they beat Bremen 3-0 at home, before losing 2-0 to Bilbao after completely changing their first XI. Reading between the lines I think West Brom are set to use this, and the upcoming friendly on Saturday against Bristol City, as a way to build up match fitness. With the squad's split down the middle, Roy Hodgson will attempt to give every man 90 minutes of game time. The squad tonight; Myhill, Kiely, Cech, Ibanez, Miller, Wood, Dorrans, Mantom, Jones, Thorne, Cox, Fortune, Downing, Roofe, Gayle, Dawson, Mattock. I Can't really see the reasoning for Saints being priced up so highly, other than the fact they are in different league's. Good value opposing West Brom here IMO.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July Rotherham United Double Chance @ 1.5 - Hills V Scunthorpe. Taking this pick, as I see Hills have set their price way out of line, and I'm not that confident in Rotherham winning. I just see a degree of value in opposing Scunthorpe tonight because I don't really see much difference between the two sides if I'm honest. Scunthorpe have been fairly uninspiring so far during pre season. Drawing 1-1 away to Lincoln. Narrowly beating non league Gainsborough Trinity 1-0. Losing out to Halifax Town 1-0 away. All make depressing reading for an Irons fan. Tonight they are set to give a run out to, I think, four trialists. Game time will also be given to several squad players that haven't started much recently. Trialists Kieran Djalili and Gavin Gunning will play some part. Fellow trialists Dominic Green and Stehphen Brogan should also take part having both been unavailable previously.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July Celtic v Wolverhampton Wanderers + 0.5 @ 2 - BET365. Can't understand the odds here for Wolves really. Celtic played on Sunday in a 2-0 win over Hibs, so I can't for the life of me see them using the same starting XI. Already there is news that they're playing three trialists; CROATIAN goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa, Slovakian U21 internationalist Milos Lacny, and 26 year old South African striker Katlego Mphela should all play some part. Pletikosa will start in goal, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the two strikers partner Anthony Stokes up top. I'm trying my best to read between the lines again here, and I think Mick McCarthy will be looking for a big performance here, and for the side to step things up in preperation for the imminent start of the Premier League season. Recent friendlies have seen a few disappointing results, but tonight is a good opportunity to build some confidence versus a more than worthy opponent. Tonight will see only seven subs in total allowed, and I expect a strong lineup from Wolves.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July Kilmarnock v Sunderland @ 1.57 - Hills. Taking Sunderland, even though they're quite a skinny price. Killy kicked off their season with a 1-1 draw on Sunday at the weekend, and as per the Celtic game, I can't see them selecting the same starting XI, in the process risking injuries. Sunderland are gearing themselves up to really kick start their pre season campaign by all accounts, and could really do with a win. Several players are to be given a start tonight, with GK Kieren Westwood and Wes Brown set to be given their debuts. Asamoah Gyan is set to start also. Sunderland squad; Bardsley, Brown, Cattermole, Colback, Elmohamdy, Ferdinand, Gardner, Gyan, Dong-Won, Laing, Larsson, Malbranque, Mignolet, Richardson, Sessegnon, Westwood, Wickham, Vaughan.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July

FC Utrecht vs Malaga - Malaga @ 1.90 - PaddyPower 4pts These two have had slightly different transfer windows. Malaga have strengthened with the very best while Utrecht have lost some of their key players. Mertens and van Wolfswinkel have left the Dutch club, the two top goalscorers of last season. Malaga have taken a full squad to Holland, even joined by Cazorla who recently signed from Villarreal. Utrecht start their season next weekend but have prepared poorly as of yet. They lost 2-1 to both Lierse and Mechelen of Belgium and then recorded a goalless draw with Ergotelis. Opponents, Malaga, have already ripped apart an Qatari side 6-1 and then beat a solid Xerex side 1-0. The Malaga players have taken part in a light training session this morning and should have enough to win here despite it being a friendly. This match is played on neutral ground, at amateur club JSV Nieuwegein's stadium.
The Malaga players who travelled to Holland for the matches against Utrecht, Roda and Feyenoord: Goalkeepers - Willy Caballero, Rubén and Pol; Defenders - Gámez, Sergio Sánchez, Demichelis, Stadsgaards, Mathijsen, Monreal and Eliseu; Midfielders - Toulalan, Apoño, Cala, Camacho, Maresca, Joaquín Buonanotte, Duda and Portillo; Forwards - Samu, Baptista, Sebastián Fernández and Van Nistelrooy.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July Not taking it, but Luton could be worth a stab @ 2.80 with BET365. Gabala could only muster a 2-1 last night versus Hayes and Yeading, and then face another friendly tonight at Kenilworth Road. Gabala have been playing a lot of friendlies recently against English opposition. St. Albans and Barnet were opponents too. Both were losses I believe. The unders could be worth a go as well, as Gabala are still an under'ish side @ 2.10 - BET365. Someone like Kevshat could probably provide more detailed info on the lineup for Luton. I'd have thought Gabala would be lacking in a degree of fitness. Also, Burton take on a Derby XI tonight consisting of a handful of first teamers (players that couldn't get off the bench against Crewe last night) mixed in with the youth. I'd tip Burton, but they are a little skinny for me given they don't yet have a settled side, and the fact they have been woeful pre-season. Burton have been running the rule over a number of trialists pre season, with a few striking troubles. Derby will be fielding senior players; Adam Legzdins, Theo Robinson, Lee Croft and Thomas Cywka tonight. This is the annual Bass Charity Vase, with Derby running out 3-1 winners lsat season. Burton held it for four years previously.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July There's another friendly involving Pompey, who play Charleston Battery not listed but BET365 have priced it up as 5, 3.60, 1.57. Quite an odd game to price up as the only thing to really say about the contest is that there should be a gulf in class as Battery play in the US third tier. However, we did draw 2-2 with a Charleston Battery XI on Friday. I wouldn't really make us such strong favourites. We have had a week to adjust, but I understand the heat is still pretty high. We also still only have a squad of 15 players reall + a couple of youth players along for the ride, so we can't make wholesale changes during the course of the game. I think this game will be all about getting match ready. The result won't be important. Liam Lawrence needs game time in order to continue his rehabilitation from injury. Charleston Battery are already midway through their season having drawn 2-2 on Saturday evening. They also have a history of playing international clubs. Both Sunderland and Bolton have made the trip over in recent times, as well as clubs from Mexico, Latvia and Jamaica. They beat Sunderland in 2004. Good value to oppose Pompey tonight IMO as at 1.57 we are quite short for a pre season friendly in uncharted waters. BET365 also go 2 for Charleston Battery - 0.75. Edit - This just looks like a bit of a trap to me. BET365 have priced it @ a skinny price because they know a lot of punters will look at the price, take note that Battery play in the US third tier, and assume they should be cannon fodder for Pompey. Which I don't think will be the case.

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July Late call and not much time to write up but I'm taking Hartlepool @ 4/7 to beat Harrogate town.Hartlepool are putting out a strong team and Mick Wadsworth is hoping that most first teamers will get 75 minutes. Harrogate were beaten 4-1 by spennymoor last weekend.......

FC Utrecht vs Malaga - Malaga @ 1.90 - PaddyPower 4pts These two have had slightly different transfer windows. Malaga have strengthened with the very best while Utrecht have lost some of their key players. Mertens and van Wolfswinkel have left the Dutch club, the two top goalscorers of last season. Malaga have taken a full squad to Holland, even joined by Cazorla who recently signed from Villarreal. Utrecht start their season next weekend but have prepared poorly as of yet. They lost 2-1 to both Lierse and Mechelen of Belgium and then recorded a goalless draw with Ergotelis. Opponents, Malaga, have already ripped apart an Qatari side 6-1 and then beat a solid Xerex side 1-0. The Malaga players have taken part in a light training session this morning and should have enough to win here despite it being a friendly. This match is played on neutral ground, at amateur club JSV Nieuwegein's stadium.
0-3 :ok

Late call and not much time to write up but I'm taking Hartlepool @ 4/7 to beat Harrogate town.Hartlepool are putting out a strong team and Mick Wadsworth is hoping that most first teamers will get 75 minutes. Harrogate were beaten 4-1 by spennymoor last weekend.......
3-0,bet won....match actually started at 7.30.....so I'll have to wait to see if I get paid......

Re: Club Friendlies - Wednesday 27th July Southampton 2-2 West Brom Rotherham 0-2 Scunthorpe Killy 1-2 Sunderland Celtic 0-2 Wolves 3 out of 4 :\ Happy with the Rotherham pick as noone could have predicted the improved performance from Scunny, and they scored from a 25 yarder and a PEN.

Southampton 2-2 West Brom Rotherham 0-2 Scunthorpe Killy 1-2 Sunderland Celtic 0-2 Wolves 3 out of 4 :\ Happy with the Rotherham pick as noone could have predicted the improved performance from Scunny, and they scored from a 25 yarder and a PEN.
Impressive stuff once again Jase :clap

Club Friendlies - Thursday 28th July

Thursday 28 July 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Lazio v Osasuna (16:00 BST) 1.73 3.65 4.51 107.37 %
maximize.gif Feirense v Marítimo (18:00 BST) 2.7 3.1 2.37 111.40 %
maximize.gif Galatasaray SK v Liverpool (19:00 BST) 3.25 3.5 2.32 102.44 %
maximize.gif Southend United v Norwich City (19:45 BST) 7 4.31 1.56 101.59 %
maximize.gif Xerez v Sevilla (20:30 BST) 6.49 4.3 1.55 103.18 %

There's another friendly involving Pompey, who play Charleston Battery not listed but BET365 have priced it up as 5, 3.60, 1.57. Quite an odd game to price up as the only thing to really say about the contest is that there should be a gulf in class as Battery play in the US third tier. However, we did draw 2-2 with a Charleston Battery XI on Friday. I wouldn't really make us such strong favourites. We have had a week to adjust, but I understand the heat is still pretty high. We also still only have a squad of 15 players reall + a couple of youth players along for the ride, so we can't make wholesale changes during the course of the game. I think this game will be all about getting match ready. The result won't be important. Liam Lawrence needs game time in order to continue his rehabilitation from injury. Charleston Battery are already midway through their season having drawn 2-2 on Saturday evening. They also have a history of playing international clubs. Both Sunderland and Bolton have made the trip over in recent times, as well as clubs from Mexico, Latvia and Jamaica. They beat Sunderland in 2004. Good value to oppose Pompey tonight IMO as at 1.57 we are quite short for a pre season friendly in uncharted waters. BET365 also go 2 for Charleston Battery - 0.75. Edit - This just looks like a bit of a trap to me. BET365 have priced it @ a skinny price because they know a lot of punters will look at the price, take note that Battery play in the US third tier, and assume they should be cannon fodder for Pompey. Which I don't think will be the case.
Finished 0-0. Hope someone was on the AH price ;)

Re: Club Friendlies - Thursday 28th July Eastwood Town v Huddersfield Town @ 3 - BET365. I think a few bookies have this down as a Huddersfield XI. Word is Town are sending their first team down for the game, all bar the injured players. I think this game will be used primarily for squad players and senior players to stake a claim for a first team berth. But, it will most definitely not consist of reserves and youth players, as the odds suggest. Eastwood were recently beaten 4-0 by a Derby County side containing several first teamers. Huddersfield last played a friendly in a 3-0 win over Fleetwood Town last Friday, and do look pretty good so far in pre season. They play their last friendly on Saturday, before the new season kicks off.

Re: Club Friendlies - Thursday 28th July

Eastwood Town v Huddersfield Town @ 3 - BET365. I think a few bookies have this down as a Huddersfield XI. Word is Town are sending their first team down for the game, all bar the injured players. I think this game will be used primarily for squad players and senior players to stake a claim for a first team berth. But, it will most definitely not consist of reserves and youth players, as the odds suggest. Eastwood were recently beaten 4-0 by a Derby County side containing several first teamers. Huddersfield last played a friendly in a 3-0 win over Fleetwood Town last Friday, and do look pretty good so far in pre season. They play their last friendly on Saturday, before the new season kicks off.
Great shout. I'm on :ok Eastwood have already lost 4 zip to a Derby XI, which was a mixture of squad players and youth. They also lost 1-0 to Wrexham a week ago. The Huddersfield team that starts tonight will be well up for this so 2/1 looks massive.