PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Got Couples at 100/1 last week and have decided to lay off this morning at 24/1 as i can't see him sustaning this for four days especially with Tiger on the prowl. A nice little profit though.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I'm not Tigers biggest fan but the weakest part of his game is normally his driving, yesterday was the best I've seen him hit it off the tee for a long time(looks like the break did him good)...an ominous sign as if he keeps that up then I'd expect plenty of birdies (and eagles) from him and 68 may well turn out to be his highest score of the week!:cry:cry He chose the right Tourney to return tho'.........feckin crowd were doing everything but lick his erse when he was going on to the tees/greens!:\ Great viewing and it was great to see Couples, Watson and even Sandy Lyle having great rounds.:clap:clap:clap TQM

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April If you consider that Woods in previous years to win a Masters tournament would normally be somewhere around the 5/2 - 3/1 mark and he is circa that price now after a round and only 2 shots off the lead! I think he is still backable at the price. Regarding his improved driving perhaps his admission :$ has taken the weight off his shoulders.....literally

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I'll take one 3-ball for today. 3pts YE Yang to beat P.Mickelson & R.Allenby @ 3.50 Paddy Power Match Tees Off: 18:42 GMT. Scores after the first day are as follows: P.Mickelson -5 YE Yang -5 R.Allenby Level Mickelson is around even money to shoot a better round than these two but I really like the South Korean to continue where he left off and give a good fight, he shot six birdies yesterday with just the one boger on the 7th, his made 7 out of eight cuts so far this season with one 3rd placed finish so is in good form clearly, no reason why he shouldn't continue where he left off. Allenby shot a level par round, if he can cut out the bogey's he'd have a shot, he managed 6 birdies and clawed back well from +4 after 11. A tight little heat here that I fancy Yang to win.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April

Won a tenner of my mate last night on the Man Utd outcome ( his text when Utd went 3 up will be kept forever !! ) Told him to stick it on Poulter @ 35/1 Tote, on the nose.
Im now wondering, Ive already hit Westwood at 11/4 tonight and poised to hit tiger to protect the Poulter bet, not sure wether to wait till tomorrow night, tiger could go out and blow this course apart tomorrow :unsure Too many big boys at the top of the tree I think, to start throwing money about. My interests in money terms just now are : Poulter on the nose at 35/1, D.Johnson e/w 60/1 and Westwood on the nose at 11/4. I'll sleep on it

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Damn Allenby! Tonked his birdie putt 7-8ft past the hole to give me hope..but held the return to play the weekend. Can't remember who tipped it up, for him to miss the cut, but at 5/2 (I think?) for it to come down to an 8 footer on the 36 th hole was well worth the bet.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Well as usual i followed Hornet and Farney with their picks and they are all looking good. In fact the 9 guys i have are all back for the weekend including Poulter at -8 and Yang at -5. hornet, followed you on Haas on top debutant and he is now -2, who else is challenging for this? I know schwartzel was one although he fell away a bit yesterday.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Winner after Round Two - 4pts L.Westwood @ 4/1 365 Westwood is playing really well at the minute, a disappointing last hole has seen him finish joint top with Poulter, with Tiger looming the bookies are pushing these two out however I feel Lee is finding the greens well and aslong as he keeps doing that, he'll be in with a shout.

Well as usual i followed Hornet and Farney with their picks and they are all looking good. In fact the 9 guys i have are all back for the weekend including Poulter at -8 and Yang at -5. hornet, followed you on Haas on top debutant and he is now -2, who else is challenging for this? I know schwartzel was one although he fell away a bit yesterday.
Barrhead, it's good to see that my strongest fancy in Poulter is doing me proud. I actually have a funny feeling that Karlsson will pull closer to the field a bit - he hit 6 birdies and 6 bogeys yesterday but just have a feeling he could jump up a few places, dont know why. Just to answer your question, those who are making their debut and made the cut are: Bill Haas -2 :clap Steve Marino E Charl Schwartzel +1 Francesco Molinari E Jason Dufner +3 Nathan Green +3 Matteo Mannassero +3 Yuta Ikeda +3 Spooner, have to say, while I'd love for Poulter to pull through at 40s (and his putting is still looking absolutely supreme), I think Westwood should be favourite here as his ball striking is looking very good right now. Personally I'm going to let me guys ride it through and see how it goes. With a 50/1 also leading in the E-Tour it could be a good week. GL:hope

Well as usual i followed Hornet and Farney with their picks and they are all looking good. In fact the 9 guys i have are all back for the weekend including Poulter at -8 and Yang at -5. hornet, followed you on Haas on top debutant and he is now -2, who else is challenging for this? I know schwartzel was one although he fell away a bit yesterday.
Hi barrhead, lookin for a big day from the immelman and hunter today if they get to -6 today i'd be confident enough of e/w money. Good call on layin freddy off, sure those ol foggies cant play two days in a row!!!!!!!!!! Poulter looks well up for it but wouldn't rule out a serious finnally between phil and tiger yet. Best of luck.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Hunter Mahan finishes -6, currently tied-7th and not that far off, so hopefully the each way bet is still on tomorrow. He carded 68, so hopefully another 68 tomorrow :hope Hopefully Anthony Kim can pick up a shot before he reaches the clubhouse :hope:hope:hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Fantastic days golf, really enjoying it. Took Tiger at 8/1 in play when he was 6 behind. Managed to get a nice birdy at the last to keep him within 4. Best price available now is 5/1. Now just hoping for Westwood to maybe drop a shot down the last.

Im now wondering, Ive already hit Westwood at 11/4 tonight and poised to hit tiger to protect the Poulter bet, not sure wether to wait till tomorrow night, tiger could go out and blow this course apart tomorrow :unsure Too many big boys at the top of the tree I think, to start throwing money about. My interests in money terms just now are : Poulter on the nose at 35/1, D.Johnson e/w 60/1 and Westwood on the nose at 11/4. I'll sleep on it
I opened an account for a free bet and put £30 on Michelson @ 3/1 early today, unless anything changes it will be a small stake late tomorrow to ensure some kind of profit.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April My prediction on a 3rd day run by Karlsson was very wrong! Frustrating with Poulter but still slight hopes with Couples, Poulter and Yang to get in the mix. Haas and Marino seem to be battling it out for best debut so fingers crossed for that 12/1 shot to come through. In other news (and it was posted up on wed), James Morrison, my 50/1 shot on the E-Tour is 3 shots clear so hopefully that'll soften the blow of Poulter disappointment! GL:hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Liking the look at Tiger tomorrow at 5/1....Okay he's had his struggles all week but this is where he lets his golf club do the talking....Can see Westwood and Michelson dropping holes tomorrow in the front nine and with Tiger's record with the back nine...I fancy him to take the Green Jacket....Might do an E/W shot on Mahen and Maybe Yi Yang

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Final Round 2-Ball 5pts H.Mahan to beat F.Couples @ 5/6 SJ Match Tees Off - 19:20pm GMT F.Couples -7 H.Mahan -6 Was impressed with what I got to see of Hunter yesterday, seven birdies and three bogeys giving him a 4 under par round. Fred Couple was another one with a good round yesterday to put him back in with a shout, his had a funny tournament 66 on day one folowed by a 75 on day two then a 68 yet. Hunter has gone under par on all three rounds, he has good momentum going into the final days play and after a good result here last year, he'll be looking to go a tad better, he has set himself up well for a final day charge.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April playing some multiples for interest on the final day, was hoping Kim would have made to -8 or -9 yesterday, he missed so many putts.

Selections
1Angel Cabrera @ 2.00
2Hunter Mahan @ 1.80
3Steve Marino @ 2.00
4Camilo Villegas @ 1.66
5Tiger Woods @ 1.53
1pt 5 fold
1Lee Westwood @ 2.37
2Fred Couples @ 2.37
3Tom Watson @ 2.62
1pt treble

playing some multiples for interest on the final day, was hoping Kim would have made to -8 or -9 yesterday, he missed so many putts.
Selections
1Angel Cabrera @ 2.00
2Hunter Mahan @ 1.80
3Steve Marino @ 2.00
4Camilo Villegas @ 1.66
5Tiger Woods @ 1.53
1pt 5 fold
1Lee Westwood @ 2.37
2Fred Couples @ 2.37
3Tom Watson @ 2.62
1pt treble
Any reasoning for those Bowlesy :unsure. Not much help otherwise :ok.

Mattero Manassero to make the cut @ 2.20 nice odds here for the kid. Yes, he is only very young but he got some serious talent in my opinion and i feel 2.20 to make the cut is decent value. Would anyone agree? Also, ive taken a fiver on woods to win outright - i just think class is permanant and he will want to show everyone who the Daddy :loon E/W bets on Casey & Villegas purely for value also.
Glad the kid made the cut. Will obviously only improve and look forward to seeing him in the future. Tiger still also has a chance, and the 7/1 i took before the competition still looks about whats on offer give or take.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Tiger woods first birdie against k.j. choi - 8/13 with hills. 10 PTS tiger has birdied within the first 3 holes on all the previous rounds. where as kj has only done so on the first. which shows the tiger is obv comfortable with the first couple of holes and normally when you like a hole you tend to play well most of time plus he is also in the hunt and would like to get a quick start. :hope:hope:hope:hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I've watched the last hour on the red button and Amen Corner is looking pretty accessible. No surprises here. We know where the pins were going to be before we even saw them. Before the final round gets fully underway I'm going to take a bet for tonight. 1pt ew YE.Yang to win the Masters w/o Westwood, Mickelson & Woods 20/1 Boylesports (1/5 1,2,3) If we take the 3 this market doesn't include out then we've got Choi -8, Couples -7, Poulter and Barnes -6 alongside Mahan and then Kim and Yang -5. Yang's -5 on the back of his 1st round 67. He's shot level par since then but I think there's a score to be had on this course today. Yang's solid. Drives it well, hits his irons nicely and he can pop a few putts in the hole. There's a couple above him who I don't expect to stay the distance and a couple of others who will have the mindset to go after everything to try and win and get themselves into trouble. Yang's far enough back that I don't see him winning. He'd need a 64 and then the gods on his side but I do think he can go out and put in a 67/68 which would get him in the mix without the top 3. Realistically we're going to get paid out on whoever finishes 6th in this tournament in this market because the front two are so far ahead and I don't see Woods disappearing so with that in mind, at effectively 4/1 to finish in the top 6, which is only 1 shot better than he's on, I'll take the Korean in this market.

Any reasoning for those Bowlesy :unsure. Not much help otherwise :ok.
wanted to have a bit of interest as well as hoping Kim repays my EW bet My reasoning is that i have watched 3 days coverage and feel they have the best chance against their opponent. Sometimes its just too an opinion you have in these match bets. Sorry, i realise there should be more reasoning and should have put the above in the post at the very least but i was busy watching Pompey do spurs :\

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April One helluva shot outta the trees by Mickleson... Lucky to have had a line through and fortunate not to have ended up in the creek across the front, but an awesome shot... Could've really opened things up if he'd had to drop though!! Still he missed the eagle putt at least to keep things interesting a bit longer, but unfortunately I think he's got it in the bag know.