PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April

I know we have a thread for Golf, however I think this tournament deserves it's own because there is no other tournament in the world quite like it. Just like Jump racing has Cheltenham this to me is Golf's biggest event of the year. The 2010 Masters Tournament Augusta National Golf Club - 7435 yds - Par 72 Starts: Thursday 8th April Ends: Sunday 11th April Facts & Figures First played in: 1934 Most wins: Jack Nicklaus, 6 - 1963, 65, 66, 72, 75, 86 Consecutive wins: Jack Nicklaus, 1965-66, Nick Faldo, 1989-90 Tiger Woods 2001-02 Youngest winner: Tiger Woods, 21 and 104 days, 1997 Oldest winner: Jack Nicklaus, 46 and 82 days 1986 Lowest 18 hole score: 63 (-9) Nick Price, 1986, Greg Norman, 1996 Lowest 1st 18 hole score: 63 (-9) Greg Norman, 1996 Lowest 72 hole score: 270 (-18) Tiger Woods, 1997 Average winning score since 1934: 280 (-8) Wire-to-wire-winners (no ties): Craig Wood, 1941, Arnold Palmer, 1960, Jack Nicklaus, 1972, Raymond Floyd, 1976 Largest winning margin: 12 shots, Tiger Woods, 1997 Players winning on debut: Horton Smith, 1934, Gene Sarazen, 1935, Fuzzy Zoeller, 1979 Most cuts made: 37 Jack Nicklaus Most consecutive cuts made: 23 Gary Player, 1959-82, Fred Couples 1983-07 Most consecutive cuts made (current): 12 Tiger Woods, 1997 onwards Most appearances: 51, Gary Player, 50 Arnold Palmer Most consecutive appearances: 50 Arnold Palmer, 1955-2004 Holes-in-one: 19 since 1934 (16th hole has had the most – 11) Albatrosses: 3 Low cut: 145 (+1), 1979, 92, 95, 2001 High cut: 154 (+10), 1982 Average cut: 149 (+5) Past Winners since 1990:

2009 2008 2007 Zach Johnson
2006 Phil Mickelson
2005 Tiger Woods
2004 Phil Mickelson
2003 Mike Weir
2002 Tiger Woods
2001 Tiger Woods
2000 Vijay Singh
1999 Jose Maria Olazabal
1998 Mark O'Meara
1997 Tiger Woods
1996 Nick Faldo
1995 Ben Crenshaw
1994 Jose Maria Olazabal
1993 Bernhard Langer
1992 Fred Couples
1991 Ian Woosnam
1990 Nick Faldo
Useful sites: www.masters.com/en_US/index.html www.europeantour.com www.pgatour.com

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Ok so in here for your thoughts and predictions and it always helps to put some reasoning in with any picks :ok Outright Predictions: (most bookmakers going 1,2,3,4,5 places 1/4 0dds) Stewart Cink @81.00 EW Paddypower Cink put himself on the golfing elite map last year when he won The British Open. He has been here many times before and has a best place finish of 3rd in 2008 along with a couple of top 20 finishes and top 30 finishes. This year he has competed in 6 events and made 5 cuts and in those he has 2 top 10 finishes and 2 top 25 finishes. Cink will be going into The Masters in decent form and now that he has shed the tag of "nearly man" I don't see no reason why he can't be a contender for this event. The odds are too good to miss. Steve Flesch @301.00 EW Paddypower Amazing price for this guy! who finished 6th last year and 5th in 2008! He has not been in the best of form however he was not in the best form when he recorded those 2 recent back to back decent finishes here either. In 2004 he finished 17th and has one other finish in the top 25 here. He obviously knows the configurations of the course well here and he invariably does well judged by his performances here. Chad Campbell @101.00 EW Paddypower Another guy who performs well here Campbell finished runner up last year, 3rd in 06, and was 17th in 05. He finished 8th in his season opener in Hawaii and if he can take that form here he looks a good ew shot. Camilo Villegas @34.00 EW Paddypower Spiderman has been in great form already this year and has only played 4 tournaments. Winning the Honda, 3rd in the world matchplay, an 8th at the phoenix open and a 16th finish in his most recent event. His best finish here from 3 tries was last year when he was 13th and he is improving his game more and more that he plays. There's my early value picks and I hope to play match bets and 1st round leader bets when the odds are available nearer the tournament start. :ok

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Cant wait Jonesy...love this tournament! Like the pick of Stewart Cink, dont think he's playing brilliantly yet this year but he's a major holder and has a good record here. Good odds to take. Will be back with mine over the next couple of weeks no doubt but looking forward to it already! GL:hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Masters to be Broadcast, Distributed Live in 3D Augusta National Golf Club and Masters Tournament Chairman Billy Payne announced today that the 2010 Masters will be produced and broadcast live in 3D. This innovative step forward, the first of its kind in golf, will include multiple 3D cameras placed strategically throughout the course resulting in perspectives never before seen of Augusta National. In a first in sports broadcasting, the 3D production, which will primarily focus on the second nine, will be distributed live to those in the United States with 3D-capable television sets and 3D-capable computers. “Innovation has always been part of Masters tradition,” said Payne. “Utilizing this technology marks another important milestone in allowing our at-home patrons to better experience the beauty of our course and excitement of our Tournament. We consider ourselves fortunate to be a leader in providing this technology, thanks in large part to our valuable partners who share in our commitment to deliver a meaningful and memorable viewing experience.” Sony Electronics will support the effort not only as a sponsor of the 3D telecast, but also as an industry expert, along with supplying the latest advances in professional camera equipment and its 3D-capable televisions. Comcast will join in the production effort and provide the distribution channels necessary to deliver the content free to its households throughout the United States. Additionally, Comcast and IBM, the Tournament’s technology partner, will combine efforts to offer the 3D feed via www.masters.com. Two hours of live afternoon 3D coverage will be available each day beginning during Wednesday’s Par 3 Contest on April 7 and continuing throughout the four Tournament rounds, Thursday, April 8 – Sunday, April 11. The Masters is proud of its tradition of bringing innovation to the sport of golf, including advancements in television coverage. The Tournament has been broadcast by CBS since 1956 and, beginning in 2007, early round coverage has been televised by ESPN. In 1993, the Masters introduced its first HD production and became the first golf tournament presented live in HD on network television in 2000. (courtesy of www.masters.com)

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Cant wait for the first major of the year. Think it might turn into the Tiger show, Playin the course alot at the minute and the word is that he's playin great stuff. Surelly he'll enjoy bein out of the home for a few days!!!!!Had trevor imelman two years ago so will be lookin at big prices again. Tiger way too short imo. Ill look closer to the field closer to the time but that price on Flesch is unbelievable

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I have fond memories of this tournament especially in 1995 when Ben Crenshaw won because I had one of my largest betting wins on him. I am a sucker for hardluck stories or people playing in adversity and that particular year Crensaw's mentor died on the eve of the tournament. Hasten to add when I heard about this I put a bet on Crenshaw. Has anybody heard any similar sort of stories for this years tournament? (and I don't mean Tiger Woods!) Let's hope the media frenzy about Tiger stops for the tournament and that the best man wins in a great tournament remembered for the quality of golf played! :hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Nothing breeds confidence like winning. Get on each way Freddie Couples 200-1, won 3 on the trot on champions tour and performing well on regular tour. He still has the length which you need nowadays at augusta and is putting great plus experience! The 200-1 will not last, he will be backed and will do well.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Was just about to post that about Couples! Where are you getting 200s? All I can see is 125s which I still see as fair as I think he'll thrive at the Shell Houston like the last two years and will go off at about 80s. GL:hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I agree, old Boom Boom got 11 birdies yesterday including 5 in a row twice. Backed him in phoenix on pga tour earlier this year so I'm already aware he is playing good golf. Such a great record at Augusta down the years, a previous winner, also in 2006 he was in the final group with Lefty. But with Johnson, Immelman, Cabrera the most recent winners is there really any point studing the form lol :lol I'm gonna wait to play in running after its started on day 1, although I few quid on freddy e/w has to be done in advance, maybe with a few massive price golfers that I aint looked at yet :ok

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Just adding a couple more who I feel are a shade too big. Robert Karlsson @ 101 ew He may have had a few problems with his eyes, but he dispelled fears when finishing 2nd in Japan at the end of last year and playing fantastically in Qatar to beat a top field to the title. Has the perfect game for Augusta as he hits it big and is one of the best putters around. Finished 30th here in 2007 and 8th here in 2008 and I think the 2008 Order of Merit winner looks too big a price here. YE Yang @ 151 ew He won 2 tournaments last year including beating Tiger down the stretch (yet again) in the final major of the year. He is 5th in total driving and 9th in all around ranking. Has 4 top 20s in 7 tournaments this year including one 3rd place finish. His last round at the WGC CA Champs was a 65 and he has played here twice before so should be getting to know the course now (30th in 2007). All in all the guy is a major winner, multiple winner and playing well so should be given more respect...but I'll take it! GL:hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Hell I've also jumped on the Couples bandwagon too because he won't be anywhere near the 125/1 that vcbet are currently offering! Outright Fred Couples EW @126.00 VCBET (1,2,3,4,5 places 1/4 odds) Couples form on the champions tour is blistering a 3rd, a 2nd and 3 wins in a row! He also knows Augusta well having won here in 92, and finishing 3rd in 2006, 6th in 2004, 11th in 2000, 2nd in 98, 7th in 97, 10th in 95, 5th in 90, 11th in 89, 5th in 88, 10th in 85 and 10th in 84. He also holds the record jointly with Gary Player for 23 cuts made here! My only doubt about Couples is that he has suffered with chronic back problems in the past, however all the omens so far point to his wellbeing is in fine fettle.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April It looks like the bandwagon for Fred Couples has now been spotted by the bookmakers...thank god I got in and got the 125/1 from vcbet as they now go 80/1!!! I've had a pop at Freddie Ew for this week's Shell Houston @40/1 Paddypower also. He finished 3rd last year, 4th in 08, 1st in 03, 3rd in 98 and 6th in 83.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I thought I'd add my thoughts towards the current top 5 in the world and how bad value they are! Official World Golf Ranking Top 5 (as of 28/03/10) (odds courtesy of Paddypower) 1. Tiger Woods - 4/1 Favourite Tiger comes here and plays competitively for the 1st time in over 5 months after his own enforced absence. He has overcome adversity before to win a tournament. However one would feel he is yet to conquer his mental demons and at the price he represents very poor value especially with the world watching his every move now. His presence here one feels is nothing more than a PR exercise. 2. Steve Stricker - 18/1 Stricker is a consistent player who doesn't have a good record here, his best finish was last year when he came 6th. He invariably starts the year well just like this year when he won The Northern Trust and he was 3rd in The Sony. For me to consider him as any sort of value he would have to be double his current odds! 3. Phil Mickelson - 8/1 Leftie for his standards has started the year very poorly indeed. Not since 2003 when he finished 3rd here has he failed to win a tournament on the run up to the start of The Masters. He could quite as easily win this weekends tourny in Houston and turn that stat around. He's won here twice before in 04 & 06 but without any real issues in his life burdening him. However he is another Guy who comes here with more important issues in his life with his Wife's & Mother's illnesses. From a pure sentimental view point it would be wonderful to see him win it and dedicate the win to his family that are going through so much at the moment. But from a logical punting viewpoint 8/1 represents very poor value! 4. Lee Westwood - 25/1 Not since Nick Faldo won in 1996 has somebody from the UK won this tournament. Westwood has tried so many times before but failed and one feels that if he was to be a contender here then he would have won something on these shores previously. Again looking from a punting perspective 25/1 represents poor value. 5. Jim Furyk - 33/1 Furyk has had something of a rennaisance this year so far after going 3 years without winning on the PGA Tour. He won The Transitions and has played consistently so far. His best efforts here were in 98 & 03 when he finished 4th and he finished 10th here last year. The problem with Furyk's game is that it is not that well suited to this course hence his fairly moderate form here. At 33/1 he is a risky bet from even an each-way perspective to get into the top 5 places! I'll try and add some more details about other top 10 world official ranked players later on... :ok

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I will be opposing Woods. Cant reveal and source at the moment but I have it on very good authority that he spent last week playing augusta every day.......furthermore he was playing like a dog.....78's and 79's abound. His game is not in any kind of shape. I think 25/1 reflects his true chance of winning. I'll be taking him in on in match bets, laying him, laying him to finish top 5, laying him to finish top 10 and backing him heaven forbid to miss the cut! I am a huge huge tiger fan, and you know what, if he wins and I have done my conkers, then so be it...but chances like this dont come around very often, and I really think he's going to struggle. He's failed to win a green jacket when his game is in good shape.........as my father in law would say,"Tiger?!! Nae chance!!" ;)

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April

Was just about to post that about Couples! Where are you getting 200s? All I can see is 125s which I still see as fair as I think he'll thrive at the Shell Houston like the last two years and will go off at about 80s. GL:hope
Hills still 110/1

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April followed this the last few years and should get some return in the outrights, prices to be added during the week Top 10 finishes over 6 years Woods 5 * Mickleson 5 * Goosen 3 Singh 3 Top 20 finishes over 6 years Woods 6 * Goosen 5 * Singh 5 * Mickleson 5* Cink 4* Casey 4* Weir 3 Appleby 3 Harrington 3 Immelman 3 T Clark 3 Looking how i will split the golfers into bets, i should be looking at the following bets over the 4 days, along with Mickelson and Woods if they hit a higher price than when they start out as both are capable of making up shots here during rounds 3 & 4: Top 10 finish Goosen Cink Casey Top European Casey Harrington Top ROW R Goosen V Singh T Immelman Top Aussie S Appleby Top South African T Immelman Winner w/o woods F Couples T Clark S Appleby S Cink T Immelman M Weir L Donald V Singh Z Johnson other considerations

• winners profile normally includes:
  • 1st or 2nd so far this season

• Driving distance ranks well
RankLeaderRoundsTotal
1Dustin Johnson29300.5
2Angel Cabrera titleist_38x11.gif21299.1
3Phil Mickelson24298.3
T4Camilo Villegas titleist_38x11.gif20297.7
T4Bubba Watson titleist_38x11.gif27297.7
  • 1st 2 in GIR stats

RankLeaderRoundsTotal
1Kevin Stadler2575.16
2Billy Mayfair titleist_38x11.gif2174.36
T3Henrik Bjornstad2473.46
T3Joe Durant1573.46
5Troy Matteson titleist_38x11.gif2072.78
  • Previous masters form counts
already accounted for above
  • Last 8 years winning distance - 3-2-2-P-1-P-3-P (P for play off)

3 play offs in last 5 years shows how close this tourney is getting but not more than 3 shots in last 8 years

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Brilliant weekends sport next week, Grand National, Madrid v Barcelona and Augusta Masters :nana:nana I was looking for a price on Joe Durant, currently number 1 for driving accuracy on tour, 3rd in G.I.R and 4th in proximity to the hole. He has had a top 10 finish this year already in 4 events.. anyone know the reason he isnt playing ? strict qualification rules ? Anyways, tough, tough test of golf required in the Masters, short game has to be good, putting has to be good, driving has to be long... amazing tournament. Dustin Johnson 60/1 Tote, e/w Current longest hitter on tour, right up there in accuracy also, 2 top 10's already - his game is in general decent nick, a top 5 spot isnt beyond him. Martin Kaymer 45/1 hills, e/w Young German is an excellent golfer, very accomplished and playing some brilliant stuff over the last couple of years, this boy will win a major, Im in no doubt. Zach Johnson 11/2 hills, top 10 finish Won this event a couple of years ago, knows his way round. Lee Westwood 22/1 Betfred, outright win This more in hope, Im desperate for Westwood to win a major, really deserves it, his short game maybe the only downfall on a course with little forgiveness. He has looked good in this Shell event this weekend ( not checked final scores ) and says he feels in better shape mentally than he has ever felt. He looks better for shedding a few stones from the belly also. Id love to see Lee do this although St Andrews maybe a better chance for him this year.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I cant believe I'm about to put this up for people to read but...I think Ian Poulter @ 40s (Tote) looks a good bet. I actually think he's started letting his golf do the talking and his record since the beginning of 2009 is actually very good (as shown by his world ranking of 8 at the moment). He has played 31 tournaments - has 12 top 10s, 8 top 5s and 2 wins. In his last 11 tournaments he has 2 wins, a second, 2 T5s and a T9 - that's 6 top 10s in 11 tournaments. Not bad for a guy who likes to be known for his fashion sense as much as his golf. The two wins came at good tournaments, the Match Play and in Singapore where he beat a field including Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Padraig Harrington and Geoff Ogilvy among others, so has proved he can beat elite fields.

There is no denying he is a very good putter (12th on PGA stats this year - 8th last year) which is key at Augusta, and his scrambling - while statistically not too hot this year - was ranked 4th on the PGA Tour last year so that looks pretty good. He is pretty long off the tee ranking in the top 40 this year on the PGA. Overall, we can see he has a good all around game for Augusta (as would be expected for a guy ranked 8th in the world).

Some may be worried about his MC last time out but his record the tournament after his previous 6 MCs reads 2-20-8-15-20-1 so he clearly doesnt dwell on the negatives too much (and we know he's not lacking in confidence anyway!). Some others may be worried about the fact he wont have played for 3 weeks when the Masters comes around - but then in his last 3 tournaments when he has taken 3 or more tournament weeks off before hand he has won twice and finished second the other time so he clearly plays well when both mentally and physically fresh. As already mentioned above his current form is decent despite his MC recently and he should be feeling pretty good.

It's also known that it's important to have some decent knowledge of Augusta to be able to thrive here and Poulter comes here with some solid - if unspectacular - form here with 5 previous attempts giving results of 31-33-13-25-20 showing he is able to play the course. His first attempt here he had a difficult time on the greens (averaging 32/round) but in his last 4 appearances his worst putting performance has been 29.25/round which is very impressive.

Having felt the heat of battle in the 2008 Open and thrived when finishing second I'm confident that should he get in to contention he wont wilt. All these factors add up to my most confident bet for the Masters. Now watch him go and miss the cut!

GL :hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I don't know what to make of Lefty's form but I'm swaying towards him here, obviously great record here 11 top 10s last 12 years & yesterdays final round was just amazing how he got under par. +5 thru 10 then birdied 6 holes in a row to go -1 on the round! He is shooting some decent rounds lately, just can't put four together, but he knows Augusta like the back of he's hand. Ok yes I'm a bit biased as Lefty has always been my best player & I play left handed as well so he kind of influenced me into playing! Just look at he's record at Augusta http://www.augusta.com/masters/players/record/Phil_Mickelson.shtml#masters I fancy Goosen as well but for a bloke who is such a dodgy front runner, what state of mind will he be in if he leads on the back 9 sunday!!! I think for each-way he has to be backed, 4 top 5 finishes at Masters & was in the each way money he's last two tournaments the transitions & Arnold Palmer last week. Dare I admit it, Tiger is beginning to become a backable price :loon you can get 5/1 now! Mickelson continues to be on the drift whilist Retief looks short enough & I expect him to drift out a couple of points before it starts, will confirm my bets wednesday :ok

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I'll be starting off with: Sergio Garcia EW @ 75/1 (simply because I love the little Spanish choker) Angel Cabrerra EW @ 70/1 - Defending champion, well capable of raising his game for the majors. Ross Fisher EW @ 70/1 - Glimpses of capabilities last year, a determined young chap, I like the fancy price. Prices StanJames.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Going to have a little dabble on the Top Debutant market. Obviously Charl Schwartzel is a deserved favourite, however, I believe there is one guy at over three times the odds who has been slightly overlooked. Bill Haas @ 13 ew w/SkyBet - paying 4places 1/5 odds Haas is having, without a doubt, his best year on tour so far after a promising early career with a lot of pressure due to family connections. These family connections, however, make this bet that little bit more attractive with his dad, Jay, having played here 20-odd times he'll no doubt be able to pick his brains about the info that many need to succeed here. In fact, Bill actually caddied for his dad at Augusta when he was a teenager so he has seen the course first hand inside the ropes. Without these factors I dont think he should be this big, he hits the ball a long way (top 40 in driving distance every year since joining tour), hits a lot of greens (24th GIR for the year) and is putting pretty well to boot(34th for 3 putt avoidance - key on these big undulating greens - and 24th for putts/GIR). Next add his recent form in to the equation - he got his first win in the bag earlier in the year at the Bob Hope and unsurprisingly followed that up with 3 lacklustre performances, however, he has since finished 6th at Doral, 16th at the Transitions and 17th at Bay Hill in his last 3 tournaments against high quality fields showing how well he is currently playing. The odds on offer are too good to say no to. GL:hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April This is important for my final selections Shell Houston Open 1. A Kim 2. V Taylor Arnold Palmer Invitational 1. E Els 2. E Molinari 2. K Na Transitions Championship 1. J Furyk 2. K J Choi WCC 1. E Els 2. C Shwarztel Honda Classic 1. C Villegas 2. A Kim Phoenix Open 1. H Mahan 2. R Fowler Pebble Beach Pro am 1. D Johnson 2. D Duval 2. J B Holmes Northern Trust Open 1. S Stricker 2. L Donald Sony Open 1. R Palmer 2. R Allenby SBS 1. G Ogilvy 2. R Sabbatini Dubai Desert Classic 1. M A Jimenez 2. L Westwood Qatar Masters 1. R Karlsson 2. A Quiros Abu Dhabi 1. M Kaymer 2. I Poulter 1st and 2nd already posted this year is important here at Augusta, i will take this with course form to see what else i can throw up

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Hi lads, finally here. Best week in golf! Love the BBC coverage of this tournament did read in the paper that this could be the last year of it so enjoy boys. Expecting big things from the south africans wouldn't be a bad bet for winning nationality Charl Swartzell e/w @ 55 to 1 paddy powers (yesterday now 45) Unbelievable price for a lad who has been playin some stuff of late, shot the two lowest rounds last weekend 67 both, think he is at an all time high and his confidence is just oozing out of him. Was close for me last week so am goin to stick with him and hopefully takes it home this week. Trevor Immelman e/w @200 to 1 Had this lad two years ago when he won at 125 to 1, his form is terrible coming into the tournament but was the same that year, he was recovering from an accident back then. He finished inside the top ten last year and had similar form comin into it, he loves the course so hopefully the same again this year, e/w would even be a big payday. Matt kucher e/w 80 to 1 Has a good record here over the years, solid form comin into it and his game will suit this type of course, (unbelievable putter)he's paired with tiger on the first two days so he'll either sink or swim with all the extra attention, lets hope he swims. Hunter Mahon e/w 60 to 1 Won once this year and has a string of solid performances to his name since, big hitter and has a big tendency to either rip the course up or rip the card up! the last few tournaments have hinted at rippin the course up so am happy to tkae him on board for the week. finally Rory Mc Ilroy 50 to 1 e/w He was 25 to 1 for this major about 3 weeks ago and his form has dipped considerably, he missed last weeks cut which may just give him a bit of an oppertunity to get an extra day or two with the coach. His parents ahve come over for the week to be with him so hopefully a bit of familiar surroundings might help. He's just too good to be this high so it could be a bit of my heart rulin my head for the week.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April By the way does anyone know if the BBC are havin a preview show on wednesday night, they usually show highlights of the par 3 competition and a bit commentary on possible winners, cant seem to find if its on or not? thanks in advance.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April

By the way does anyone know if the BBC are havin a preview show on wednesday night' date=' they usually show highlights of the par 3 competition and a bit commentary on possible winners, cant seem to find if its on or not? thanks in advance.[/quote'] Par 3 contest is online or on the red button from 8pm tomorrow night. Preview show is on at 11.20pm on BBC2 :ok

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Havent added the stakes yet, but here are my 1st few bets on the outrights. Masters Golf - Augusta Anthony Kim Here is a golfer coming into form at the right time of the season. A very agressive player who can pull a shot out of nothing. He is currently playing above the PGA scoring average in terms of driving distance by 11yds, scoring average of 69.5, GIR and also scrambling. Important also that putts per round is currently at 28.7. Positions so far this year are T33, T24, T22, 2nd & 1st. Currently ranked 4th in the PGA scoring charts. Was tied 20 at -2 as a rookie here last year. Bets Win 40/1 Stan James Top 10 3/1 Stan James Hunter Mahan Tied 10th in this event last year with an excellent -7 total. Missed the cut at +5 on only other appearance in 2008. Concern i have over Hunter is the amount of missed cuts, if he makes it to round 3, i may be interested in taking a price about him but not until then. Robert Allenby Has had a great start to the season, finishing T11, T9, T8, T2 and 2nd from the last 5 tournaments, his averages are looking really good also with a scoring average close to matching Kims at 69.54, in fact there isn't a great deal to split Allenby and Kim on the stats. His record at the masters isnt good though, since 2001, it reads 47-T29-T39-MC-MC-T22-MC-T42-T38. I am confident we can rule out Robert in any of the markets. I will be looking at laying Robert in the top aussie market with Geoff Ogilvy at the head of affairs. Bets 5/2 Bet365 to miss the cut Camilo Villegas In 5 events in 2010, has finished MC, T16, T8, 3rd, 1st. He beat a good field in the Honda Classic by an amazing 5 shots! His scoring average this season is 69.36 and is 4th in the driving distance stats which could be key here. Tied 13 last year after 2 missed cuts, i think he could get into the top 10 this year. Bets Top10 5/2 Bet365 Win 40/1 Bet365