PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Will look at the side markets tomorrow night. 3 for the outrights though. All paying 5 places. 1.5pts ew E.Els to win The Masters 16/1 Ladbrokes Ernie's having a cracking season with 2 wins to his name including one in the WGC which is close enough to a major for it to be extremely relevant in this event. He's had a few lean years around Augusta but in his pomp from 2000-2004 his record here read 2-6-5-6-2. I think the Big Easy's game is very much getting back to that level. He's the most relaxed I've seen him on the golf course with his game as I've seen him in a long time and the results are evident for all to see. He's a cracking driver on his day. Admittedly he still leaks a few now and then but that's to be expected. His putting is generally very good and I reckon he's in the right shape mentally and form wise to contend for majors again. If he plays like he has been in recent weeks someone is going to have to play well to beat the likeable South African. 1pt ew V.Singh to win The Masters 90/1 Totesport Vijay Singh won around here 10 years ago and while his game isn't at that standard he has a very solid record in this tournament. Last year was the only year in the decade that he finished outside the top 20 in this tournament which is some going. That included 6 top 10's in 7 years from 2000 onwards. He's not had too bad a season this time around on the PGA Tour either. His last two tournaments were a T4 at the Honda Classic and then a T11 in the WGC which are solid efforts and with a little bit more he can be a major player here. The obvious problem for Vijay is his putter which has more cold days than your average eskimo but it's due to go red hot round here soon and if he sinks a few this week he could well be bang in contention as Amen Corner approaches on Sunday. 1pt ew C.Campbell to win The Masters 100/1 Ladbrokes Bit of a longshot here with Chad Campbell having no real form to speak of coming into this event but he only lost out in a playoff here last year and has a T3 here in 2006. If the surroundings of Augusta bring his game back to life again then there's no reason Campbell can't go well. He's pretty long off the tee, generally straight and he's a superb putter. He's got a bit about him too and is no novice when it comes to Sunday's in majors have been edged out in a few of them now. He was on fire round here last year and if is anything like that this year then the 100/1 will look big come Sunday.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April You beat me to it Kev with Singh - Horses for courses ! Vijay Singh Vijay boasts a Masters record of T30-T14-T13-T8-T5-T6-T6-7-T18-1 since 2000 when he was victorious. His odds of 13/2 to get a top 10 finish look a bit generous on a course he clearly enjoys. 9/4 with Bet365 to finish top 20 is a great shout with 9 out of 10 top 20 finishes since 2000. His scoring average is under 70 this year so this bodes well. I just wish he doesn't try the big shots which often cost him one or 2 shots which are crucial during the final stages. A small interest in the ROW market also. Top 10 13/2 Stan James Top 20 9/4 Bet365 Top ROW 22/1 Betfred

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Paul Casey Europe's best hope comes in the form of Casey who has started well this season with figures of T10-T6-T4-2. His scoring average is 2nd on the PGA this year. His Masters record is T20-T11-T10-MC-T6 which is pretty good for a european player. He is now capable of winning a major and finished well last year with a 69 on the last day. His GIR is impressive at 71.76% which is 11th in the world. Bets Win 33/1 Hills 1st rd leader 33/1 Bet365 Top Euro 7/1 Bet365 Top GB & Ire 5/1 Bet365

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April

A word of warning on Singh - he has pulled out of the last two events with a bad back.
he withdrew from last weeks Sheel Houston Open, previous to that he finished 11th after completing all 4 rounds. Havent read anything about his fitness, but thanks for the warning

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Hi bowles10, Going by this: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=rotowire-ijayinghutgainithack Singh has missed the last three tournaments with his back and I have also scanned the leaderboard at the Transitions and not found his name. No biggie, sorry to be a contrary bugger ;)

Hi bowles10, Going by this: http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=rotowire-ijayinghutgainithack Singh has missed the last three tournaments with his back and I have also scanned the leaderboard at the Transitions and not found his name. No biggie, sorry to be a contrary bugger ;)
yep his last completed tournament was 14th March. Perhaps i will wait until the day for him :ok

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Michael Campbell ew @ 176 with B365 to be the best Australasian. His form has been terrible since 2008, he has hardly played this year but ew 2 places in a 7 horse race @ 176? A true gamble but worth it at the long odds just for a laugh.

Michael Campbell ew @ 176 with B365 to be the best Australasian. His form has been terrible since 2008, he has hardly played this year but ew 2 places in a 7 horse race @ 176? A true gamble but worth it at the long odds just for a laugh.
every year we get one for Campbell in the hope he will recapture old form! He seems a hopeless case though!

every year we get one for Campbell in the hope he will recapture old form! He seems a hopeless case though!
:lol I didn't realise this bet had 'form'. Oh well, I've written it off and will only prick up my ears if I hear he's shot under 70 on the first day.

he withdrew from last weeks Sheel Houston Open, previous to that he finished 11th after completing all 4 rounds. Havent read anything about his fitness, but thanks for the warning
'Beware the injured golfer' they say....this was Vijays 9 holes last week before he pulled out.....obviously something wrong there and probably one to avoid!:unsure f_15lbfmmli54m_a9e63ce.jpg TQM

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Ye lads i dont think i'd go near vijah this week, i heard the interview with him last week after he quit and it sounded like this week was in real doubt for him never mind actually competing for top honours, cheers for the heads up on the preview show kevshat.:ok

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Ta guys. I knew of a back injury but didn't realise he'd played and pulled out last week, I thought he had pulled out before the event to recover for this week :sad. Come on Veeej, do the noble thing son. Pull out before you get to the tee :hope.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April How do people think Woods is going to go? It would appear that nearly all are opposing him, which I think is the correct thing to do. In horse racing terms he would surely be only 80% fit and in need of the run. This is undoubtedly a Group 1 contest and very few horses ever win a Grp 1 80% fit. I know that this is a slightly spurious take on things but I really think the 5's on him missing the cut is better value than him winning. With the recent rise up the rankings of the English players, I wonder if we wont start to see that reflected in their play at this tournament. Paul Casey is for me a must have in the book. Hits it right to left and more importantly has a high ball flight. A very very good putter, his length should also mean the par 5's are in reach. Westwood's short game, and in particular his chipping worries me, but his iron play is so solid that he may not have to scramble as often. His record isn't great, apart from 1999, when he got a nosebleed at the start of the final back 9 due to his lofty position and went backwards fast. In 2008 he finished T8th. Only 2 rounds in the 60's. He has spoken positively about the influence Billy Foster has had on his bag, but for me I think there are more questions and answers. Hornet has already championed Ian Poulter's chances. He has a solid if unspectacular record at the tournament. But the last 3 years show definite signs of improvement. 2007 T13th, T25th in 2008 (but had a very poor weekend) and last year T20th. He is playing as well now as he ever has, putts well, drives well, ticks the boxes but the one worry for me is his relatively low ball flight with his irons. I think this makes it much harder to have a great round ie a 66-67. You really want to be able to hit towering approaches that can land softly. This obviously isn't a deal breaker but I think it means Poults will have to be so solid for all 4 rounds if he is to make the breakthrough to challenging come Sunday. Someone who might get in under the radar is Luke Donald. 3rd on his debut in 2005, he has since had a tie for 10th, and a T38th last year. He spoke earlier in the week about how his wrist injury was totally behind him now and that he thought the key to the week would be his driving. An excellent putter, accurate with his irons he could figure if he gets it going off the tee. Ross Fisher surely has the game to figure here. Hits it flipping miles off the tee, stratospheric with his irons, and a good putter. Last year was his debut and he managed to find a couple of 69's (Donald incidentally had 3 rounds in the 60's on his debut), which is impressive. The problem is that he hasn't been in great form this year. No rounds in the 60's yet, but he hasn't had any total blowouts either. Has showed he has the temperament for the big tournaments, could this be his year? The final two in the field are Oliver WIlson and Chris Wood. The latter is making his debut and history suggests we can discount those playing here for the first time. Wilson missed the cut on his debut last year and will be hoping to improve on that. HAs been playing pretty well this year, 5th in Qatar, T5th at WGC Matchplay, he could go well, but is he really likely to break his tournament duck at a major? Probably not! For me the standout bet is Paul Casey, never finished worse than t20th (2009) he has 6 rounds in the 60's - this could very easily be his week. 5 pts win on Casey at 30.0, 6pts top5 @ 8.0 1pt Fisher @ 95.0 2pts top 5 @ 17.0 0.5pt Westwood @ 26.0 0.5pt Poulter @ 40.0 2pt top 5 @ 9.0 0.5pt on Donald @ 120.0 1pt top 10 @ 8.0 0.5pt on O Wilson @ 250.0 1pt top 10 @ 15.5 (All bets with Betfair, as much for trading purposes, especially with the last 2!) This is a pretty aggressive staking plan for me with 20 points staked, but I feel there will be trading opportunities and Casey is ready to win a big one. :hope

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Now I'm the world's worst punter - but I'm happy - anyhow disregarding form, history or whatever I've had a nibble on Tiger at 6-1 (ladbroke.com) - the naughty boy might just have the cojones to cheerily present the finger to his detractors :nana

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I am a big fan of Tiger Woods as a sportsman and what he has done for the game of golf, however what odds would people say he becomes "value" at for his return? We have to remember that this is not like an injury he is coming back from but a scandal similar to the size of "watergate"! I personally think the media frenzy will put paid to his chances and this appearance is a PR exercise. 6/1 although probably his highest price he has been in 10 years or more is poor, poor value. He will have the media, fans and also the players to contend with here and that is the biggest burden any golfer has had to carry for a potential 72 holes or more on one of the toughest courses in the world.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April EDOARDO MOLINARI 150/1 E/W STAN JAMES Won 4 times against mickie mouse opponents last year then won the World Cup in China so he knows how to get he's head in front! Tied 2nd two weeks ago at Arnold Palmer, Bay Hill was playing very hard but he got 4 under par rounds of 70 70 70 69. Ignore his only previous attempt at Masters in 06 missing the cut on +13, he was an amuteur back then & is a completley different player these days. Par 3 challenge will be entertaining as usual tonight, the winner of that was never gone on to win the Masters! LOL at M Campbell tip, has never made the cut in 9 Masters starts!

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April 2pts e/w H.Mahan to win US Masters @ 66/1 Totesport (1/4, 5) Went well here last year finishing on 7 under, won a tournament just over a month ago so good form going into this, I'm sure he is going to hit a major one day, every chance of that on last years evidence.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Hello gents, I like my golf, dont normally allow myself to bet on it though as I find it a bit of a lottery, however that rule goes out the window when it comes to the US Masters. Superb sporting event. My main fancy for the tournament so far comes in the form of: Paul Casey to win @ 30.00 E/W (Betfair) Paul Casey top UK & Irish @ 6.40 (Betfair) The Englishman is a very good golfer, that is for certain. He comes into the Augusta showpiece having pulled out of defending his title at Houston last week. The shoulder injury meant that instead of playing and attempting to defend the title he won last year, he sat at home and rested. By him pulling out of Houston, his odds drifted from 20/1 to 30/1.This is understandable if his injury was serious, however in a recent interview he has mentioned that he has been given the best treatment and after some consultation, the doctors have suggested that his shouler was sore due to him sleeping on it awkwardly, so there is no real injury to increase these odds. Having missed out on last weeks defence of the title, Casey comes into the Masters well refreshed, rested and hungry for success. Last year he admitted he felt tired at the Masters having had a grueling time in Houston thew week before, grinding out victory, this year he has no such worries. Casey has a decent record ever since his tournament debut at the Masters in 2004, him and the tournament have always seemed a reasonable well adjusted fit. He has recorded 6th place in 2004, 10th in 2007 and 11th in 2008. In 2007 he recovered from a horrendous 79 on day one to claim 10th spot and in 2007 he was sitting 4th going into the final round. Last year he finished 20th after being fatigued from his Houston victory. Adding to his reasonable success in this tournament, this year everything seems to be looking promising for him going into the 4 day event. Prior to him missing out through ;injury' last week, Casey has had a good season, runner up in the WGC Accenture Matchplay, sixth in the WGC CA Championship at Doral and a fourth in the Honda Classic, he is certainly entering this competition having showing some class prior to Thursday. Added to the fact he is fresh, rested and raring to go, he is coming in off the back of some decent form. Also though, there are a few other players who might be struggling for form and with Tiger just returning after a long lay off, Casey may have a chance to taste Masters success. He has stated he believes his best chance of a Major is at The Masters, and given everything that has happened leading up to this event, this could be his year. I will possibly be back with another few picks before the beginning of the tournament. GL everyone :hope:hope

Michael Campbell ew @ 176 with B365 to be the best Australasian. His form has been terrible since 2008, he has hardly played this year but ew 2 places in a 7 horse race @ 176? A true gamble but worth it at the long odds just for a laugh.
Just gave this £2.50 E/W, I agree, worth a wee bet for interest. 175/1 bet365

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Jim Furyk 40/1 Ladbrokes is my pick - particularly as they pay out the win if he finishes 2nd to Woods. I have to say Jim wasn’t top of my shopping list when it came to researching profitable Masters tips. But the more you look at his chances, the more excited you get especially when you see the World Number 5 @ 40/1! As you would expect, the Florida resident is consistency personified. Every facet of his game is strong, there are no weaknesses. He’s not long enough though I hear many cry. Actually, scratch the service and you see that Furyk can hit +300 yards on holes where he needs to. His win at the recent Transitions has boosted his confidence and he plays Augusta well. However the tipping point for me is this. Look at his record and he regularly contends on tough classical courses with fast Bent grass greens. I’m expecting no different this week. Good luck all!

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Gd shout Whisky - he's in good form, has won a major before and few would suggest that a 2nd would be undeserved. His record here is very good and seeing him in contention on Sunday wouldn't comes as surprise to me. Gd luck...:hope

Jim Furyk 40/1 Ladbrokes is my pick - particularly as they pay out the win if he finishes 2nd to Woods. I have to say Jim wasn’t top of my shopping list when it came to researching profitable Masters tips. But the more you look at his chances, the more excited you get especially when you see the World Number 5 @ 40/1! As you would expect, the Florida resident is consistency personified. Every facet of his game is strong, there are no weaknesses. He’s not long enough though I hear many cry. Actually, scratch the service and you see that Furyk can hit +300 yards on holes where he needs to. His win at the recent Transitions has boosted his confidence and he plays Augusta well. However the tipping point for me is this. Look at his record and he regularly contends on tough classical courses with fast Bent grass greens. I’m expecting no different this week. Good luck all!
:welcome to the P.L Whisky good luck with your bet !

Jim Furyk 40/1 Ladbrokes is my pick - particularly as they pay out the win if he finishes 2nd to Woods. I have to say Jim wasn’t top of my shopping list when it came to researching profitable Masters tips. But the more you look at his chances, the more excited you get especially when you see the World Number 5 @ 40/1! As you would expect, the Florida resident is consistency personified. Every facet of his game is strong, there are no weaknesses. He’s not long enough though I hear many cry. Actually, scratch the service and you see that Furyk can hit +300 yards on holes where he needs to. His win at the recent Transitions has boosted his confidence and he plays Augusta well. However the tipping point for me is this. Look at his record and he regularly contends on tough classical courses with fast Bent grass greens. I’m expecting no different this week. Good luck all!
:welcome to PL Whisky. Good to have another Lutonian around the place. Good luck with Jim this week :ok.

Havent added the stakes yet' date= but here are my 1st few bets on the outrights. Masters Golf - Augusta Anthony Kim Here is a golfer coming into form at the right time of the season. A very agressive player who can pull a shot out of nothing. He is currently playing above the PGA scoring average in terms of driving distance by 11yds, scoring average of 69.5, GIR and also scrambling. Important also that putts per round is currently at 28.7. Positions so far this year are T33, T24, T22, 2nd & 1st. Currently ranked 4th in the PGA scoring charts. Was tied 20 at -2 as a rookie here last year. Bets Win 40/1 Stan James 1.5pt ew Top 10 3/1 Stan James 3pts Hunter Mahan Tied 10th in this event last year with an excellent -7 total. Missed the cut at +5 on only other appearance in 2008. Concern i have over Hunter is the amount of missed cuts, if he makes it to round 3, i may be interested in taking a price about him but not until then. Robert Allenby Has had a great start to the season, finishing T11, T9, T8, T2 and 2nd from the last 5 tournaments, his averages are looking really good also with a scoring average close to matching Kims at 69.54, in fact there isn't a great deal to split Allenby and Kim on the stats. His record at the masters isnt good though, since 2001, it reads 47-T29-T39-MC-MC-T22-MC-T42-T38. I am confident we can rule out Robert in any of the markets. I will be looking at laying Robert in the top aussie market with Geoff Ogilvy at the head of affairs. Bets 5/2 Bet365 to miss the cut 2pts Camilo Villegas In 5 events in 2010, has finished MC, T16, T8, 3rd, 1st. He beat a good field in the Honda Classic by an amazing 5 shots! His scoring average this season is 69.36 and is 4th in the driving distance stats which could be key here. Tied 13 last year after 2 missed cuts, i think he could get into the top 10 this year. Bets Top10 5/2 Bet365 3pts Win 40/1 Bet365 1.5pt ew
You beat me to it Kev with Singh - Horses for courses ! Vijay Singh Vijay boasts a Masters record of T30-T14-T13-T8-T5-T6-T6-7-T18-1 since 2000 when he was victorious. His odds of 13/2 to get a top 10 finish look a bit generous on a course he clearly enjoys. 9/4 with Bet365 to finish top 20 is a great shout with 9 out of 10 top 20 finishes since 2000. His scoring average is under 70 this year so this bodes well. I just wish he doesn't try the big shots which often cost him one or 2 shots which are crucial during the final stages. A small interest in the ROW market also. Top 10 13/2 Stan James NO BET Top 20 9/4 Bet365 NO BET Top ROW 22/1 Betfred NO BET
Paul Casey Europe's best hope comes in the form of Casey who has started well this season with figures of T10-T6-T4-2. His scoring average is 2nd on the PGA this year. His Masters record is T20-T11-T10-MC-T6 which is pretty good for a european player. He is now capable of winning a major and finished well last year with a 69 on the last day. His GIR is impressive at 71.76% which is 11th in the world. Bets Win 33/1 Hills 2pts ew 1st rd leader 33/1 Bet365 1pt Top Euro 7/1 Bet365 3pts Top GB & Ire 5/1 Bet365 3pts
25pts staked Added stakes to the above bets Left out Vijay until i see if he starts or not

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April a treble each day for me all centred around my analysis already posted Casey to bt Molinari and campbell @ 2.25 Mickelson to bt Yang and Allenby @ 2.20 Kim to bt Els and ishikawa @ 2.50 1pt treble

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April I'm adding a couple of others before the off. 1pt ew T.Clark to win The Masters 100/1 Totesport (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) They say you've got to be a long hitter to win around here but I reckon that's a load of rubbish tbh. Trevor Immelman, Zach Johnson and Mike Weir have all won round here recently and none of them can go in the long hitter bracket. Tim Clark is a player I like and I think he'll go well. I think this course suits the South African's and their record in the event goes to prove that. Clark's got a 2nd place finish here in the past which is no mean feat and he's also got 3 other top 15's here so he can make his way round the course nicely. He's been having a decent enough season on the PGA Tour as well with 3 top 10's. He isn't the longest off the tee but he's got enough length but he's straight and when he's on the putting surface he knows his way to the hole. I think he's playing well enough to have another tilt at the title. 0.5pt ew J.Merrick 1st round leader 110/1 Bet365 (1/4 1,2,3,4,5) John Merrick finished in a tie for 6th place on his 1st visit to Augusta National last year. That included an opening round 68 which would've looked very good but for Chad Campbell going round in a stunning 65. On the rare occasions I take a 1st round leader bet I always like someone who is out early when the conditions tend to be fairly benign and Merrick's out in the 2nd group if we take out Palmer and Nicklaus. So he'll have conditions just as he wants them. He's shot a couple of opening day 68's and a 65 to open at the Sony Open this season so he's no stranger to setting the pace and at 110/1 I reckon he's worth a small ew pop to take the lead into Friday.

Re: PGA Golf - The Masters 2010 - Augusta - Thurs 08 April - Sun 11 April Kev, I looked at Merrick for first round leader earlier when he was @ 126 - think he has shortened quite a bit since the timings came out. Decent bet. It seems Paul Casey is every man and his dog's tip (except for me!) so it'll be interesting to see how he goes. Just a couple of 72 hole match bets both going against Schwartzel. Basically I feel he is now underpriced due to his current form - he is still a rookie and generally rookies dont thrive here. Putting him up as favourite against Watney (Bet365) and O'Hair (BetFred) when these two guys have both finished in the top 20 in the last two years seems a bit strange to me. Both are as good as Schwartzel at driving the ball (they're three of the best around) and all have hit some decent form this year - O'Hair has 4 top 25s while Watney has 3 top 10s. I just think their experience will stand them well in the matchup. GL:hope

Brilliant weekends sport next week, Grand National, Madrid v Barcelona and Augusta Masters :nana:nana I was looking for a price on Joe Durant, currently number 1 for driving accuracy on tour, 3rd in G.I.R and 4th in proximity to the hole. He has had a top 10 finish this year already in 4 events.. anyone know the reason he isnt playing ? strict qualification rules ? Anyways, tough, tough test of golf required in the Masters, short game has to be good, putting has to be good, driving has to be long... amazing tournament. Dustin Johnson 60/1 Tote, e/w Current longest hitter on tour, right up there in accuracy also, 2 top 10's already - his game is in general decent nick, a top 5 spot isnt beyond him. Martin Kaymer 45/1 hills, e/w Young German is an excellent golfer, very accomplished and playing some brilliant stuff over the last couple of years, this boy will win a major, Im in no doubt. Zach Johnson 11/2 hills, top 10 finish Won this event a couple of years ago, knows his way round. Lee Westwood 22/1 Betfred, outright win This more in hope, Im desperate for Westwood to win a major, really deserves it, his short game maybe the only downfall on a course with little forgiveness. He has looked good in this Shell event this weekend ( not checked final scores ) and says he feels in better shape mentally than he has ever felt. He looks better for shedding a few stones from the belly also. Id love to see Lee do this although St Andrews maybe a better chance for him this year.
Final bets placed : Dustin Johnson E/W 60/1 tote Martin Kaymer E/W 50/1 tote Poulter to win 35/1 tote M.Campbell best Australasian E/W 175/1 bet365 Lee Westwood to win 22/1 Betfred :hope to all