** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

heniek31

Tuesday 23 February 2010HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifBenfica v Hertha BSC (17:00 GMT) 1.39 4.33 7.5 108.35 %
Thursday 25 February 2010HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifGalatasaray SK v Atlético Madrid (18:00 GMT) 2.5 3.35 2.66 107.44 %
maximize.gifOlympique Marseille v FC København (18:00 GMT) 1.5 3.75 6 110.00 %
maximize.gifPSV Eindhoven v Hamburger SV (18:00 GMT) 2.62 3.2 2.5 109.35 %
maximize.gifAnderlecht v Athletic Bilbao (18:00 GMT) 2.37 3.2 2.75 109.72 %
maximize.gifShakhtar Donetsk v Fulham (18:00 GMT) 1.5 3.5 7 109.52 %
maximize.gifAS Roma v Panathinaikos (18:00 GMT) 1.44 4.33 6.6 107.46 %
maximize.gifUnirea Urziceni v Liverpool (18:00 GMT) 5 3.4 1.66 109.41 %
maximize.gifHapoel Tel Aviv v Rubin Kazan (20:05 GMT) 2.62 3.2 2.5 109.35 %
maximize.gifSporting CP v Everton (20:05 GMT) 2.25 3.35 3.25 105.06 %
maximize.gifWerder Bremen v FC Twente (20:05 GMT) 1.4 4.33 8.5 106.27 %
maximize.gifJuventus v Ajax (20:05 GMT) 1.8 3.4 4.4 107.69 %
maximize.gifValencia v Club Brugge (20:05 GMT) 1.32 5 10 105.76 %
maximize.gifFenerbahçe SK v Lille OSC (20:05 GMT) 2 3.25 3.45 109.75 %
maximize.gifVfL Wolfsburg v Villarreal (20:05 GMT) 2.37 3.35 2.96 105.74 %
maximize.gifRed Bull Salzburg v Standard de Liège (20:05 GMT) 2.05 3.25 3.6 107.33 %

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Early bet for me ( i do that alot lately as price go down fast this days). Benfica and Salzburg double around @2.59 Anderlecht @2.37 single My reasoning is very simple and based on teams solid performance at home.All 3 are great at home.Also i've noticed Benfica having a break this weekend so will look fresher then Hertha who play today away and will only have 1 day rest before kick off on Tuesday :unsure I see Benfica hamering tired german side at home. Salzburg unlucky to lose aftre 2-0 up away.St.Liege are picking up lately but still are poor away.Salzburg won all home games in group stage and i don't expect them to give up so early. Bilbao are poor on the road as well.It will be close game but i expect Anderlecht to edge it at home.also odds are worth risk too. GL :ok

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Agree about Salzburg. I was close to backing them top win away in the first leg, but was glad when I saw they conceded two late goals. They've been the real surprise this season. Valencia V Brugge could be an intersting one, with Brugge leading one nil from the first leg. Valencia also play Monday night against Getafe, so it will be quite interesting to see how their injuries shape up. Don't really fancy anything else, other than another goals fest in Wolfsburg. Lot's of these games could go any way. It's like sticking a pin in the side you think will turn up, and hope for the best.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February I watched the Anderlecht game tonight and they were poor in the first half should have gone in at the break at least one down, but they were far better in the second and got two in two minutes to win 2-0 in the end..the odds are appealing and I know Athletic have a bad away record so the bet is understandable and logical.. Benfica are awesome at home and the first leg result means they still have to win for the win but obviously the odds are none too appealing, they do virtually win every game at home that they play though..Hertha will be far more concerned with the relegation battle they face than progress in this competition, if you're going to bet on this you would have to play them on the handicap or in a double, I would personally take the handicap which is 2.3 currently for the -1EH but I would expect this to be 2.15-2.2 by ko.. Elsewhere not a lot appeals really..

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Benfica's the only game I'll bet on too. They gave a good performance in the first leg and I expect them to finish the job here. Actually think, at 11.00, they're a fun shout to win the whole thing. Hertha did play today, but had a 3-0 win at Freiburg, so they could be fatigued, or maybe boosted, from a morale point of view, but either way I think it's irrelevant as it's more about Benfica. I personally don't think the odds of 1.40 (Bet365) are too terrible for a side that, like I said, I think even have a shot at winning the tournament, but if that doesn't appeal to others, the -1.5 @ 2.05 (Bet365) is probably a good bet too.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Agreed on Benfica and also on Red Bull. They were fantastic in group stages, and were the only team to win every single game beating the likes of Villareal. They score plenty of goals and are even more impressive at home. They should of won the away leg, but as mentioned above were very unlucky once they gave the penalty away at 2-0 they capitulated. I also like the look of Galatasary at home to Athletico. I watched Atletico yesterday against a relegation threatened Almeria and they were woeful. They play good stuff when they play it wide, but constantly tried playing through the centre. If Aguero is missing, athletico are missing. Benfica & Red Bull double @ 2.52 Galatasary single @ 2.37

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February After the first-leg I said that I would not place as much faith in Juventus having got away with them in the last match against Ajax. It is worrying how poor defensively, they were given a hard time by Ajax and were up against it for spells against Bologna at the weekend. However they came through and Diego looked better, along with Del Piero and minus Suarez I would presume Ajax will be a lot less of a threat. Being 2-1 down from the first leg the only choice they have is to come out and attack Juve. While being far from built for the counter-attack Juve will probably just try and play a normal match, knowing that if they score 1 goal it is all but fatal to Ajax. At 1.8 I am considering playing Juventus.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Shaktar Donetsk look the only safe bet here. They have to win and are usually solid at home on astroturf which they are used to. Have the pedigree and better players than Fulham. I'll be doubling with Liverpool who have only conceded 1 goal in 6 games and will start scoring sooner rather than later. Shaktar/Liverpool @ 2/1!

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February I actually like the look of Unirea at 4/1 for value. Liverpool are more concerned about not conceding than scoring goals and watching them the last two games has been like watching paint dry - truly :zzz. Another bet along the same lines would be under 1.5 goals at 15/8 with PP. GL all:hope

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Shakhtar Donetsk - Fulham Taking this one early as price is likely to fall by thursday! We all know the pressure and firepower Shakthar can produce at home, and by loosing first leg 2-1 they will for sure come out with all their guns! Since i took this early i havnt gotten any confirmed team news for either side, which i normally never do, but not to concerned as Shakthar should be pretty much intact, and this is an over bet and not on the handi! Shakhtar Donetsk - Fulham over 2.5 @ 2

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Benfica vs Hertha Selection Benfica -1,5 (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 23/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.93 (Back) Reasoning In first match Benfica obtained a draw at Berlin,score 1-1.The goal for Hertha was og.So,Hertha obtained this draw with some lucky.I guess Hertha will focus more on Bundesliga than Europe League.Benfica is a good team on own land and I expect they to win this second match.If Hertha not scored in first match,is hard to believe they can here.I think will be a easy victory for hosts,at least 2-0,so I try -1,5 AH for hosts.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

I also like the look of Galatasary at home to Athletico. I watched Atletico yesterday against a relegation threatened Almeria and they were woeful. They play good stuff when they play it wide, but constantly tried playing through the centre. If Aguero is missing, athletico are missing.
Arda picked up an injury in the league matck on sunday and was substituted. wait for the team news, team is not performing well and without him i dont even want to think about it. If he plays i will bet for galata win. i see an aimless team without passion when i watch A. madrid. still dangerous but its worth the risk.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February In my opinion Salzburg, Shakhtar, Benfica, Roma and Valencia are the winners of this round. Salzburg has got enough power to shake off Standard Liege, Shakhtar can produce real good football against Fulham, Benfica won't be troubled by almost relegated Hertha. Roma and Valencia are just too bigger clubs to lose a knockout tie like this so they will win. Salzburg : Standard Liege 1 Valencia : Club Brugge 1 Roma : Panathinaikos 1 Shakhtar Donetsk : Fulham 1 Benfica : Hertha Berlin 1 In the other games I can see Bilbao not losing in Belgium and Everton and Marseille in their two games they will play more relaxed so we won't see much football. Anderlecht : Athletic Bilbao x2 Sporting Lisbon : Everton under 2.5 goals Marseille : Fc Copenhagen under 2.5 goals

I actually like the look of Unirea at 4/1 for value. Liverpool are more concerned about not conceding than scoring goals and watching them the last two games has been like watching paint dry - truly :zzz. Another bet along the same lines would be under 1.5 goals at 15/8 with PP. GL all:hope
Hasn't Torres returned? Might be worth waiting to see if he starts, or if he's on the bench again.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Twente look a huge price dont they? 9.5 is crazy for a team that has performed as well as they have this season, not really sure what the justification for the low, low odds on Bremen is? They have won only 9 of 23 games in the Bundesliga this season, although I understand it is a stronger league..+0.5AH @ 3.05 on Twente looks a big price to me..

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Benfica v Hertha Berlin Hertha Berlin were lucky to get the draw in the reverse fixture, and I can't see them grabbing anything today. Benfica will be out looking to finish them off at home today, where they are solid. Benfica are top of the table in Portugal, one point clear of Braga in second, and six points ahead of Porto. They have a single loss this season, but more importantly, they are undefeated at home, with the impressive record of 9-1-0. That draw came to Maritimo in August. Hertha are in deep trouble in Germany, and I think most of their mind will be on working their way out of relegation. They got their first two away wins of the season in January and February, impressively 3-0 over both Hannover 96 and SC Freiburg. They're both fellow relegation candidates, however, so it doesn't really scare me. The odds are strange for this game, the -0.75 handicap, which was most tempting at first sight, has lower odds than the straight win. -1 offers barely any added profit, so you'd have to rise up to the -1.25 area to get anything. I've been burned on the handicaps in cups before, so I'll stick to the straight win with heavy stakes this time. Benfica @ 1.36 - 9pts coral

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Benfica is for sure favourite, at least on paper. The problem is this bet became a public one. The current Asian line is 1.5 and I wonder if the bookies agree with Benfica winning by 2 goals margin. A 0-0 or 1-0 score is also enough for the Portuguese team to move forward. It could be the same situation with earlier Bayern-Fiorentina or Liverpool-Unirea urziceni, which had also been public bets (on AH) and you know the results. These are just speculative thoughts, so goodluck whatever you choose. :hope

Benfica is for sure favourite, at least on paper. The problem is this bet became a public one. The current Asian line is 1.5 and I wonder if the bookies agree with Benfica winning by 2 goals margin. A 0-0 or 1-0 score is also enough for the Portuguese team to move forward. It could be the same situation with earlier Bayern-Fiorentina or Liverpool-Unirea urziceni, which had also been public bets (on AH) and you know the results. These are just speculative thoughts, so goodluck whatever you choose. :hope
Ah, and not to mention a Hertha win. :wall

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February For me a clear Wolfsburg victory. Wolfsburg was very strong in the last weeks against strong clubs, but they had everytime bad luck. Against strong Schalke on sunday they had a very good game and won with 2:1. On the first game against Villareal they had a good game, too, but at the end only 2:2, because bad luck again. Villareal very weak in away games in the Primera Division and they lost on sunday 6:2 against Madrid. WOLFSBURG @ 2.20 10/10 What do the others think about that game?

Also i've noticed Benfica having a break this weekend so will look fresher then Hertha who play today away and will only have 1 day rest before kick off on Tuesday :unsure I see Benfica hamering tired german side at home. GL :ok
Who needs hard CL matches when all you need is 1 banker a day and large stake :lol:dude Still waiting for Salzburg double but also took Benfica as single today before KO with poor @1.30 but with all money on :beer Now will enjoy CL with no stress :)

Who needs hard CL matches when all you need is 1 banker a day and large stake :lol:dude Still waiting for Salzburg double but also took Benfica as single today before KO with poor @1.30 but with all money on :beer Now will enjoy CL with no stress :)
Totally agree mate it makes me laugh people trying to predict the outcome of Inter v Chelsea when theres so many variables possible, this was the standout bet of the europa league round and so it proved..

Totally agree mate it makes me laugh people trying to predict the outcome of Inter v Chelsea when theres so many variables possible' date=' this was the standout bet of the europa league round and so it proved..[/quote'] Yes,man.Some ppl are just funny,trying to bet one almost every match.Why?I'm susre you can always find 3-4 matches at weekend and just go with large stakes instead of 20-30 matches with small stakes and 50%/50% chances.In this case you spend more time for teams info and more stress. Anyway GL with rest of your bets lads :ok

Benfica v Hertha Berlin Hertha Berlin were lucky to get the draw in the reverse fixture, and I can't see them grabbing anything today. Benfica will be out looking to finish them off at home today, where they are solid. Benfica are top of the table in Portugal, one point clear of Braga in second, and six points ahead of Porto. They have a single loss this season, but more importantly, they are undefeated at home, with the impressive record of 9-1-0. That draw came to Maritimo in August. Hertha are in deep trouble in Germany, and I think most of their mind will be on working their way out of relegation. They got their first two away wins of the season in January and February, impressively 3-0 over both Hannover 96 and SC Freiburg. They're both fellow relegation candidates, however, so it doesn't really scare me. The odds are strange for this game, the -0.75 handicap, which was most tempting at first sight, has lower odds than the straight win. -1 offers barely any added profit, so you'd have to rise up to the -1.25 area to get anything. I've been burned on the handicaps in cups before, so I'll stick to the straight win with heavy stakes this time. Benfica @ 1.36 - 9pts coral
Oh, I'm such a pussy :$ Anyways, an easy profit of 3.25pts. I'll take that any day :cheers