** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

heniek31

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February I have taken Juve at 1.77. I previously posted my initial thoughts on the match and they have not changed. I think Ajax will come and give a lot of effort but without Suarez I don't think they will crack Juve. There are tentative murmurings of recovery in Turin which I do not fully believe but I do think they will get through this match with a win. Juventus win 1.77 - 4 units.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February I'm really liking the betting opportunities in this tournament! Here are my first three tips, more to come later; Anderlecht v Atl Bilbao Anderlecht are most likely happy with the reverse fixture, where they held Bilbao to a draw and got an important away goal in the process. They now have the chance to secure a spot in the next round at home, where they are quite solid. In addition to being top of the league, they have the league's best home record, an impressive 10-2-1. That loss was the last game before this game's reverse fixture, but they restored their home form with a solid 2-0 win over Mechelen. Bilbao have had a nice game themselves, beating Tenerife 4-1 at home. But that was at home. They're away form isn't great, and they haven't won away in the league since December of last year. Since then, they've taken a single point in 5 matches. They only won a single away game in the group stage as well, against poor Austria Wien. Anderlecht should secure a spot in the next round in this home leg. Anderlecht -0.25 @ 2.04 - 7pts ladbrokes SV Salzburg v Standard Salzburg were unlucky in losing the reverse fixture, after being 2-0 up and conceding two late goals. I still rate Salzburg as a better team, however, and I expect them to revenge that loss in this home leg. Salzburg are top of the league in Austria, but more importantly, they are undefeated at home. Their home record reads 8-2-0, the last of those two draws coming back in November. Standard on the other hand, are pretty poor away from home. 4-3-6 scares noone, and they've failed to score in 3 of their last five away games. Salzburg rebounded nicely from their dissapointing loss in the reverse fixutre with a solid 3-0 win over Linz. I expect them to win today, and most likely qualify for the next round in the process. Salzburg @ 1.90 - 7pts betfred PSV v Hamburge Right, the reverse fixture ended 1-0 to Hamburg, in a toughly fought, intense match-up. PSV have been in magnificent form all season really, still undefeated (both in the league and in the group stages of this tournament) and a record of 19-5-0, 11-2-0 at home. Hamburg aren't a bad team, but they've had a slight dip in form, with a record of 2-3-1 in their last six. Their away form isn't terrific either, 4-6-1. In addition, they had a single away win and two losses in the Europa League group stages. Still though, I wouldn't write off Hamburg. The chance of a draw is quite apparent, which is why I've gone for some draw cover. I still think PSV will win this match, I predict a narrow fought game and a one-goal home victory. PSV -0.25 @ 2.02 - 5pts bet365

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

For me a clear Wolfsburg victory. Wolfsburg was very strong in the last weeks against strong clubs, but they had everytime bad luck. Against strong Schalke on sunday they had a very good game and won with 2:1. On the first game against Villareal they had a good game, too, but at the end only 2:2, because bad luck again. Villareal very weak in away games in the Primera Division and they lost on sunday 6:2 against Madrid. WOLFSBURG @ 2.20 10/10 What do the others think about that game?
@kdwo Agree on that. Wolfsburg seem to have rediscovered their form under new coach. I'll be doubling this one with Shakhtar at home, regardless of the team news. Good luck lad!

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Write Bilbao off at your own peril, guys! They've scored in every away game that they've played in during their UEFA Europa League trips this season, including a 3-0 demolition of Austria Vienna, and they've only lost once to an inspired Werder Bremen. Madeira, Vienna, Bern, and Tromso may not seem like the hardest of locations but they are for a side that "doesn't travel well", particularly a Spanish side travelling to very unfamiliar climates, a Spanish side with barely any players that have experience outside of Spain. Bilbao may not defend well but they do score goals and I think Bilbao will cause more problems then people anticipate tonight. Llorente and Yeste are both there to do the damage in attack and Orbaiz and Martinez were both rested at weekend (well, suspended but the same effect!) whilst Llorente, Gurpegi, and Toquero were all able to be rested due to their comfortable win at weekend. Bilbao are likely to line-up a 4-5-1 with Orbaiz, Martinez, and Gurpegi across the middle to stifle Anderlecht's attack. Llorente does so much damage up front on his own though and he's got the perfect opportunity against an Anderlecht defence that conceded twice at home to Club Brugge in a fortuitous 3-2 win and 2 at home to Sint-Truiden in a frankly ridiculous defeat. Either way this should be a good game of football with both sides capable of winning but as I said earlier - write Bilbao off at your peril!

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Going to have a small double on Salzburg and Juventus @ 2.10 bet 365 :hope Salzburg should have taken the win last week and will come out with all guns blazing. Standard are not the best side away from home and will be in for a difficult night IMO. Ajax are one of my much loved European sides with Suarez one of the best up and coming strikers in European football. They will miss him tommorow night as he serves a one match ban, although they have plenty of other options in attack. Juventus are starting to turn the corner slowly and will want to win this one badly. I expect a strong line up from Juventus and expect them to go on and win this one by 2 our 3 goals. :hope

I'm really liking the betting opportunities in this tournament! Here are my first three tips, more to come later; Anderlecht v Atl Bilbao Anderlecht are most likely happy with the reverse fixture, where they held Bilbao to a draw and got an important away goal in the process. They now have the chance to secure a spot in the next round at home, where they are quite solid. In addition to being top of the league, they have the league's best home record, an impressive 10-2-1. That loss was the last game before this game's reverse fixture, but they restored their home form with a solid 2-0 win over Mechelen. Bilbao have had a nice game themselves, beating Tenerife 4-1 at home. But that was at home. They're away form isn't great, and they haven't won away in the league since December of last year. Since then, they've taken a single point in 5 matches. They only won a single away game in the group stage as well, against poor Austria Wien. Anderlecht should secure a spot in the next round in this home leg. Anderlecht -0.25 @ 2.04 - 7pts ladbrokes SV Salzburg v Standard Salzburg were unlucky in losing the reverse fixture, after being 2-0 up and conceding two late goals. I still rate Salzburg as a better team, however, and I expect them to revenge that loss in this home leg. Salzburg are top of the league in Austria, but more importantly, they are undefeated at home. Their home record reads 8-2-0, the last of those two draws coming back in November. Standard on the other hand, are pretty poor away from home. 4-3-6 scares noone, and they've failed to score in 3 of their last five away games. Salzburg rebounded nicely from their dissapointing loss in the reverse fixutre with a solid 3-0 win over Linz. I expect them to win today, and most likely qualify for the next round in the process. Salzburg @ 1.90 - 7pts betfred PSV v Hamburge Right, the reverse fixture ended 1-0 to Hamburg, in a toughly fought, intense match-up. PSV have been in magnificent form all season really, still undefeated (both in the league and in the group stages of this tournament) and a record of 19-5-0, 11-2-0 at home. Hamburg aren't a bad team, but they've had a slight dip in form, with a record of 2-3-1 in their last six. Their away form isn't terrific either, 4-6-1. In addition, they had a single away win and two losses in the Europa League group stages. Still though, I wouldn't write off Hamburg. The chance of a draw is quite apparent, which is why I've gone for some draw cover. I still think PSV will win this match, I predict a narrow fought game and a one-goal home victory. PSV -0.25 @ 2.02 - 5pts bet365
Agree with you on PSV and Salzburg but I'll probably avoid Anderlecht. Also Wolfsburg -0.25 AH and Galatasaray -0.25 AH looks tempting. Wolfsburg in great form since they have a new coach and looks like Grafite is starting to rediscover his last years form and I think they will prove they are better team than Villareal. Galatasaray is a great team, Atl. Madrid also, but I fancy Galatasaray in this match because of their fanatic fans and their excellent players. I think if Jo will play this could be a big boost for Galatasaray. I kinda miss consistency in Athletico form and thats way I will go with Galatasaray in this match.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Some good action so far for Salzburg, however I haven't ready anywhere about the importance of upcoming game vs Rapid in Wien. Sounds like a huge derby on the top of the table. How high do they rate the european dream in Salzburg really?...

I have taken Juve at 1.77. I previously posted my initial thoughts on the match and they have not changed. I think Ajax will come and give a lot of effort but without Suarez I don't think they will crack Juve. There are tentative murmurings of recovery in Turin which I do not fully believe but I do think they will get through this match with a win. Juventus win 1.77 - 4 units.
I think the Juve game is way too risky. Ajax need to score 2 goals to win or tie if Juve scores. Ajax are much more desparate for a win than Juventus is so I dont think Juventus will be chasing a win as much as Ajax. I think the over 2.5 is a safer chice here. But BOL anyways.

Some good action so far for Salzburg' date=' however I haven't ready anywhere about the importance of upcoming game vs Rapid in Wien. Sounds like a huge derby on the top of the table. How high do they rate the european dream in Salzburg really?...[/quote'] I started to care less about games to follow when smaller Clubs are involved. The options to rotate are more or less limited, the money UEFA pays DO matter for Teams of the Salzburg Caliber, they are well-rested after the break, and in good scoring mood. A top clash in Wien is important for sure, but Salzburg so far in Europa League showed enough to convince everyone they do care to go as far as possible, scalping two big Clubs ( HOW BIG ?) in the Group stage...UEFA.com says though they miss important defenders, and with Standard's hope to save the Season somehow plus their obvious ability to score, the game looks good for Over 2,5 Goals... Next games shouldn't influence much BUT - look at the Weekend - Bayern plays Hamburg, a game that might be very important for the title... Atletico Madrid are home with Valencia, Roma away to Napoli...If we start digging too much about everyone's priorities though, it won't take us far as we can't get into the heads of Presidents and Managers, we are only guessing... In this line of thoughts I am staying away from the PSV match, not necessarily contradicting myself - German Clubs take Euro Cups always seriously, but I can imagine being a HSV player...no matter where Hamburger is in the table, they have 4 big games every Season - vs Bremen and vs Bayern, AND this Sunday it is about top places as well... I am also not happy with the odds for Roma, the -1 AH line is below 1,90. Italians do calculate ( and rotate ), but Managers' options are limited by some important missings, and with the Naples game in mind Roma does not look a 1,40 material. I wanted to watch the PAOK - PAO game on Sunday exactly for the purpose of staking high on today's Roma game, but got heavily involved in the in-play with both German games and missed it. Certainly Ranieri wouldn't mind winning today by a single goal and stay unbeaten vs Napoli, but HAS HE GOT ENOUGH AVAILABLE QUALITY FOR BOTH, how good is PAO - too many unknowns for 1,40-1,44, in-play for me here... GL

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Well the match against Rapid isn't a derby, cuz Rapid is in Vienna and RB is in Salzburg ;) the thing u mean is probably, that it's going to be a close and hard fight between those two teams. This isn't the right place to talk about the upcoming Rapid - Salzburg match, but Rapid has a full house and is the strongest hometeam in austria...it'll be a draw i think, cuz rapid didn't start well in the back-rounds, but are utterly motivated for the match against RB Salzburg, especially cause they know, that if they lose this match, they've lost the entire chances to win the league. On the other hand, there is salzburg, but let me assure u one think: Salzburg will not play with any "shitty" line-up, because for an austrian team, this is something really big to play in the EL. Salzburg is very strong at home, won the last 6 EL matches,Standard couldn't win their last 5 UEFA matches...well salzburg will win,but it's going to be a though match.As i read, everyone is able to play on RB Salzburg side,i'll keep on checking the austrian newspapers for u ;)

SHow high do they rate the european dream in Salzburg really?...
they rate it very very very very high...especially cause of Matterschitz.till now he didnt get anything for the money he spent on RB Salzburg,maybe one win in the austrian league, oh wow lol :D im confident that salzburg has good chances to win, but dont blame it on me if they lose/draw ;)

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February PSV looked in much better form than Hamburger in their clash one week ago. This time they play at home venue and IMO odds for their win are really tempting. I think there is a big possibility that Hamburger will score and in that case Hamburger can be defeated and still go thru to the next stage and that ofcourse increases PSV odds for tonights win. Marseille and Juventus have really low odds on their win and eventhough they play at home I think it's not safe/smart to bet on them considering they got a very good away result last week.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Unirea Urziceni v Liverpool Going to wait to see the teams first but I'm tempted to take the value on the over 2.5 (as I did last night with Inter Chelsea) Unirea simply have to be more attack minded and can't put 10 men behind the ball. If Liverpool have width and Torres they could easily cover the 3 goals themselves. I know this is well against their form of late but the value is there

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Roma - Panathinaikos Roma have it all to do this evening after losing 3-2 in the first leg. They come into the game in better form having beaten Catania while Panathinaikos lost. Will be a tough game for sure as the visitors could try and shut up shop. However that will all change if Roma get the first goal as the Greeks will then have to go for it which could leave them quite exposed at the back. Roma to win comprehensively for me. Roma -1 @ 6/4 Wolfsburg - Villarreal The home side look quite decent value here for me. Garrido has only one win since he took over and is coming off a thrashing at Real at the weekend. As opposed to that Wolfsburg beat Schalke 2-1. The visitors have Carzola, Rossi and Marcano missing while the Germans have a fully fit squad it seems. Home win for me. Wolfsburg @ 11/10 Juventus - Ajax The absense of Luis Suarez is vital here as he is by far and away Ajax's most important player. Even with the injury to Buffon, I can't see anything but a home win here and the odds look quite decent considering. Juventus @ 4/5 Shakhtar - Fulham Can see a home win here. Fulham may suffer from fixture congestion while the home side should be very refreashed and having watched them during the off season, I've been quite impressed with them. Could easily beat the handicap. Shakhtar -1 @ 7/5

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Can't see Liverpool risking Torres in this one, they have rushed him back before and he's gone on to pick up an injury. I do fancy them to nick a win though as it will be a more open game than it was at Anfield. Sporting v Everton This fixture will be avoided by most and rightly so as it could go either way in all honesty. I certainly see a few goals in this fixture. Everton are left short at the back with Heitinga, Distin, Hibbert all unavailable and in addition to this Yobo and Baines did not train yesterday while Jagielka will only be fit enough to take a place on the bench(Unless Yobo pulls out late, which I wouldn't totally rule out). The backline will be Neville (Yobo) Senderos Baines. That is another new central-defensive partnership for us this season and in all honesty I am really not confident with it. Everton have been playing some really good stuff recently, outplaying Chelsea and Man Utd to claim back-to-back league victories. The result in the first leg was probably justified because Everton just didn't get out of first gear. Sporting have been pretty shocking domestically but I saw enough of them last week to suggest that they can cause us a few problems, especially playing infront of their own fans. Sporting have to score and Everton know they can't sit on this scoreline so I expect this to be an open game with both teams attacking. Sorry for the short write-up on Sporting, I don't have much time. Hopefully someone else will do one. Both teams to score @ evens Over 2.5 goals @ 5/4

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February this day i will bet on the PSV!!!I have some info whats happend on the first game in the Hamburg...and i think that Hamburger have lucky in the first game and win with 1-0 Hamburger 1-0 PSV 44% Ball possession 56% 8 Goal attempts 13 6 Shots on goal 4 2 Shots off goal 9 22 Free kicks 17 7 Corner kicks 5 1 Offsides 2 21 Throw ins 23 1 Goalkeeper saves 2 13 Goal kicks 10 16 Fouls 20 4 Yellow cards 3 This night Hamburger will fill the stronger PSV..tonight will be :spank :spank :spank :spank for Hamburg SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISH :nana

Wolfsburg - Villarreal The home side look quite decent value here for me. Garrido has only one win since he took over and is coming off a thrashing at Real at the weekend. As opposed to that Wolfsburg beat Schalke 2-1. The visitors have Carzola, Rossi and Marcano missing while the Germans have a fully fit squad it seems. Home win for me. Wolfsburg @ 11/10
Did Rossi play in the last few Villareal games? cause I know that Cazorla is a long time absentee..

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Sporting V Everton looks like an unders game to me. Sporting have had trouble scoring this season as we know. Everton are without their two best central midfielders, Tim Cahill and Marouane Fellaini. Their first choice centre back, Sylvain Distin. Their first choice right back, Tony Hibbert. John Heitinga is cup tied, so that limits their options in defence. I think David Moyes will look to play it tight, and I wouldn't rule out a draw here.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Im swaying towards a Marseille/Wolfsburg Double. Wolfsburg are a strong side at home and I reckon they could take it by the odd goal against Villareal. Marseille won 3-1 in the reverse fixture but I dont see them taking their foot off the gas in what is surely a realistic cup to go far in. Im also toying with the idea of a few draws or a few away wins as a side bet. Possibly FC Twente and Athletico Wins? Twente at 7/1 and Athletico at 2/1 on 365.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Liverpool -1.5 @ 3.00 bet365 With Unirea expected to attack since they are down 1-0 in this tie, this will play into Liverpool's hands since they are very much a counter attacking side these days, as their ability to open up defences has diminshed without Torres to lead the line. In saying that, Liverpool still had several chances at home to double the lead against the Romanians who played with all their players behind the ball and rarely ventured forward in possession. The Liverpool defence has become more solid and expect them to contain what Unirea have to offer, while with the increased room to move the ball as the home team pushes forward suggests Liverpool will be able to create more chances, and hopefully score. They will be also helped by the absence of Unirea's defender Brandan who is suspended for the game.

Sporting V Everton looks like an unders game to me. Sporting have had trouble scoring this season as we know. Everton are without their two best central midfielders, Tim Cahill and Marouane Fellaini. Their first choice centre back, Sylvain Distin. Their first choice right back, Tony Hibbert. John Heitinga is cup tied, so that limits their options in defence. I think David Moyes will look to play it tight, and I wouldn't rule out a draw here.
Distin and Hibbert don't get near the team when we're at full strength. Tim Cahill isn't one of our best central midfielders, I wouldn't even say he is a central midfielder. Sporting have to score. In the first leg aswell as the goal they tested Tim Howard a few times and also managed to hit the post. Everton won't go to Lisbon and play for a 0 - 0. It may go unders but Moyes has picked an attacking line-up and at 1.75 it's a no for me.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February I was just going to suggest Marseille myself. I think Kopenhagen are virtually out, and they will struggle to keep Marseille getting a second win here. I've not read anything that suggests the hosts are resting players, but Brandao and Stephane Mbia are definitely out, while Niang is a major doubt, so may be rested. I would have had Marseille much lower that the current 1.58 offered to be honest. Kopenhagen are yet to win a spring European fixtures in five attempts.

Distin and Hibbert don't get near the team when we're at full strength. Tim Cahill isn't one of our best central midfielders, I wouldn't even say he is a central midfielder. Sporting have to score. In the first leg aswell as the goal they tested Tim Howard a few times and also managed to hit the post. Everton won't go to Lisbon and play for a 0 - 0. Moyes has picked an attacking line-up and at 1.75 it's a no for me.
Well, Dystin has started 29 fixtures so far this season, and I assumed when they signed him, he was a replacement for Lescott? Tony Hibbert wears number two and features in a large percentage of first team games, even with Jagielka being fit. I fail to see how either could not be considered first choice. Tim Cahill plays as a central midfielder, unless I've been watching a different Everton :unsure He's only used in a forward position when injuries dictate. I don't dismiss you as an Everton fan because you obviously watch more of them, but I don't agree with what you've said about them. Is the team sheet available already?

Liverpool -1.5 @ 3.00 bet365 With Unirea expected to attack since they are down 1-0 in this tie, this will play into Liverpool's hands since they are very much a counter attacking side these days, as their ability to open up defences has diminshed without Torres to lead the line. In saying that, Liverpool still had several chances at home to double the lead against the Romanians who played with all their players behind the ball and rarely ventured forward in possession. The Liverpool defence has become more solid and expect them to contain what Unirea have to offer, while with the increased room to move the ball as the home team pushes forward suggests Liverpool will be able to create more chances, and hopefully score. They will be also helped by the absence of Unirea's defender Brandan who is suspended for the game.
I'm thinking as well that the return of Torres will boost the offense of Pool. But Pool is doing quite rarly more than necessary under this coach. And it looks like Torres will be on the bench first. With odds around 2.7 for see him scoring I took a look on a side market for this game and found a nice bet option: Goal of a substituted player: 3.75. Seeing Torres coming from the bench - doesnt matter whats the scoreline - just to give him play time. And this bet is including every other player coming from the bench as well ;-)