** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

heniek31

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

Roma - Panathinaikos Roma looking a bit tired, they been playing very inspired and confident lately however they have got some lycky wins (fiorentina, juve, siena) and they managed to get 3 points this weekend with a 1-0 win over Catania at home after dropping the lead twice away to lose 3-2 in midweek against tonights opponent. Panathinaikos have some problems in the domestic league and that is a little concern and the fact that they are not as strong away. Roma on the other hand have a great record at home but they lack creativity in this game with Totti and Pizzaro missing. Derossi , Perotta and Taddei look tired and they have to be at their best for Roma to turn this result. OFC Roma are favourites here but the odds are too short on them + Roma is a team that can collapse easily and if the greeks dont rest to many players here I really fancy them to go to the next round. 10 Units on Panathinaikos +1 @2.35 BETCHRONICLE:nana 3 Units on Panathinaikos to win @9.2 with BETFAIR Shaktar Donetsk - Fulham Shakhar is a superior side when it comes to passing and technique and playing at home they are really strong. I think they showed this in the first leg and now they will put even more pressure on Fulham. With the 2-1 win at home The Cottagers they will be looking to go to the next round but still there main priority is the PL and lacking the invaluable experience in this kind of games that the current Champions Shakhtar have I think they will eventualy crumble in Ukraine. Shakhtar -1 @1.85 with STANJAMES
:wall SHYTE fulham defended well, shakhtar lots of posession didnt create anything, But Roma collapsed as expected

Fulham really don't deserve to be in this competition. They have not tried to play a single bit of football.
Normally I'd agree, but you can't really argue with the organisational play of Fulham. Every man knows where to be, and what job they need to do. Roy Hodgson has done amazingly too. Bought players on the cheap and forged a side made up of team players, rather than a side who rely on one or two 'superstars'. Fulham are continuously under rated imo.

Normally I'd agree, but you can't really argue with the organisational play of Fulham. Every man knows where to be, and what job they need to do. Roy Hodgson has done amazingly too. Bought players on the cheap and forged a side made up of team players, rather than a side who rely on one or two 'superstars'. Fulham are continuously under rated imo.
I agree Fulham don't deserve criticism, they deserve credit they have done very well in this competition

I wouldn't say they are underrated. They are good against mid table teams in the Premiership but Donetsk are a different cup of tea. They were completely outplayed tonight and at Craven Cottage. I actually feel robbed having backed Shakhtar tonight, Fulham sat behind the ball for 94minutes, it's just not proper football. :spank

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Yeah but thats football!! defending. I bet on Shakhtar and feel robbed too but I blame Shakhtar, having so much posession and creating so little you dont deserve to win. Fulham did a great job, is it fun watching it? NO, is it good football? NO. But thats tactical and every team plays by its own resources. And thats a factor you think of when you bet. How you predict the game too develope. and it went as expected but shakhtar was toothless in attack really. So its there fault the bet didnt sit.

PSV - Hamburger PSV's sheet is just locked for Eredivisie teams.They received 15 goals some of them when they are leading 2+ and are less concentrated in the back.Away team are one goal up in the aggregate so PSV should try to attack more.The likes of Toivonen and Koevermars should be enough to put at least one goal in Hamburger sheet.The game is going to be a clear UNDER 2.5 in my opinion 1.70 looks nice.First game ended 1:0 and I see 1:0 here too and some drama in extra time why not?PSV seem to play carefully with international teams and Hamburger are hard opponeents.Most games of PSV in EL were unders. UNDER 2.5 1.70 7/10 BET365 That is when you trust statistics :wall I watched it as someone noted it was the game I chose mainly last Thursday.But still believed in PSV backline. Unirea - Liverpool Romanian nice surprise is going to concentrate on local championship and qualify for next CL.They needed the draw on Anfield in order to continue their fairy tale playing 10 in penalty at home too.Now 0:0 is nothing for them so they should play open.And they seem not to have the quality to overplay an English top 4 team (at least until now) in open play.Also on Monday there was the derby against Cluj, losed 0:1 it may affect players both physicaly and psychologicaly.Liverpool attacked nice and just needed Torres to find the net once or twice in last game and kill it.So if he is ready to take part at least in second half he may score. LIverpool Win 1.66 10/10 BET365 Liverpool to beat with at least two goals 3.10 6/10 BET365 :cash It was just as expected not a bad evening anyway :)
CHEERS :)

I wouldn't say they are underrated. They are good against mid table teams in the Premiership but Donetsk are a different cup of tea. They were completely outplayed tonight and at Craven Cottage. I actually feel robbed having backed Shakhtar tonight, Fulham sat behind the ball for 94minutes, it's just not proper football. :spank
With all due respect Jack, why would you back Shakhtar at those odds knowing the way Fulham can play, and how the first leg went? Shakhtar are very very technical, and they keep the ball well, but it showed in both legs. If they don't score, then they drop off, and seem to get disinterested. Similarly, if they get the goal, then it's all hands to the pump and they're back playing great football again.

I'm really liking the betting opportunities in this tournament! Here are my first three tips, more to come later; Anderlecht v Atl Bilbao Anderlecht are most likely happy with the reverse fixture, where they held Bilbao to a draw and got an important away goal in the process. They now have the chance to secure a spot in the next round at home, where they are quite solid. In addition to being top of the league, they have the league's best home record, an impressive 10-2-1. That loss was the last game before this game's reverse fixture, but they restored their home form with a solid 2-0 win over Mechelen. Bilbao have had a nice game themselves, beating Tenerife 4-1 at home. But that was at home. They're away form isn't great, and they haven't won away in the league since December of last year. Since then, they've taken a single point in 5 matches. They only won a single away game in the group stage as well, against poor Austria Wien. Anderlecht should secure a spot in the next round in this home leg. Anderlecht -0.25 @ 2.04 - 7pts ladbrokes SV Salzburg v Standard Salzburg were unlucky in losing the reverse fixture, after being 2-0 up and conceding two late goals. I still rate Salzburg as a better team, however, and I expect them to revenge that loss in this home leg. Salzburg are top of the league in Austria, but more importantly, they are undefeated at home. Their home record reads 8-2-0, the last of those two draws coming back in November. Standard on the other hand, are pretty poor away from home. 4-3-6 scares noone, and they've failed to score in 3 of their last five away games. Salzburg rebounded nicely from their dissapointing loss in the reverse fixutre with a solid 3-0 win over Linz. I expect them to win today, and most likely qualify for the next round in the process. Salzburg @ 1.90 - 7pts betfred PSV v Hamburge Right, the reverse fixture ended 1-0 to Hamburg, in a toughly fought, intense match-up. PSV have been in magnificent form all season really, still undefeated (both in the league and in the group stages of this tournament) and a record of 19-5-0, 11-2-0 at home. Hamburg aren't a bad team, but they've had a slight dip in form, with a record of 2-3-1 in their last six. Their away form isn't terrific either, 4-6-1. In addition, they had a single away win and two losses in the Europa League group stages. Still though, I wouldn't write off Hamburg. The chance of a draw is quite apparent, which is why I've gone for some draw cover. I still think PSV will win this match, I predict a narrow fought game and a one-goal home victory. PSV -0.25 @ 2.02 - 5pts bet365
Disapointed with Salzburg tbh. I didn't have a chance to watch the game, but I definately saw them winning. Was my biggest bet of the evening :\ I can't complain though, had a nice overtime winner for PSV, and Anderlecht won comfortably 4-0. Overall profit of 5.38pts.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Well you gotta love these GOALS GALORE bets at BETFRED..an 85 minute goal by Lille brought home the bacon for me and a profit of at least 27 points...and almost got the other bet in as well...thats 2 nights running ive won on this bet and im kinda pissed off ive never noticed the bet before yesterday....but im gonna be all over it come saterday....wish my car hadnt broke down and i could of posted a bit earlier but oh well.....now then...show me the money honey lol :cash

damn this everton team really suck' date='really hate this team:rollin,one of the most boring teams ever n i blame that crap coach,he should try n coach curling or somethin:rollin he have no excuses,he hav the players to do better.[/quote'] just out of interest who do you support?

just out of interest who do you support?
i support benfica:notworthy i hav nothin against everton but i watched 7 8 games of them an they played like this shit,pisses me off.5000 persons travelled to portugal to watch them,they spent money to follow them n they look like zombies,show no respect for the club or for the supporters. first shot at like 70m.some players n the coach shouldnt get paid. and the fact they beat man u n chelsea even makes it worse. someone talked about fulham but at least they gave their best 1-1 was a gud result n its not easy playin defence,wasnt easy to do better.

Fulham really don't deserve to be in this competition. They have not tried to play a single bit of football.[/quote Hmm well is that so jack!,have you had a really good bet or advised your betting clients to lump on shaktar.? Now as i reply to this nonsense i am trying to book up flights and hotels to turin,i went to basle but could not afford this one. We were as to be expected up against it ,facing such a quality side as shaktar.As a season ticket holder for over 30 years or so,they were probably as good a team as i have had the pleasure to watch,arsenal with bergkamp and co,mourinho's chelsea with lampard duff and a flying arjjen roben. and a couple of manutd sides have run them closeThe way they switched play so quickly was so good to watch. But as in the first leg,for all the lovely play they do not create that many clear cut chances.And in the second half at the cottage we caused them problems and we put them on the back foot. Tonite was an immnese result,probably our finest result ever.Yes we had to dig deep,that was expected,but we still manged to create a couple of chances in the second half,including surely the best chance of the match for gera. For roy hodgson it is all about teamwork,shape and hard work,you have to fit the system.But we do play football,and i do not know where you have been all season;but i seem to remember us beating man utd 3-0 at home this season,so easy it could have been 6 or seven,and do i recall a victory against liverpool as well at the cottage or am i imagining it.I DO NOT SEEM TO RECALL these 2 teams being mid table! Once again tonight we beat the holders of the europa cup,a superb side without doubt.This was without key players like clint dempey,andy johnson,both starting full backs,konchesky and pantsil.aND WITH OUR THIRD CHOICE full back steven kelly. Now lest we forget we outplayed a good roma side for 3 halfs,indeed the first half in roma was emabrassingly one sided,until the ref decided to even things out..So do not worry jack ,we are a good side that likes to play football but more importantly is built like all good sides,from the back and with discipline Torino here i come.

Unirea Urziceni v Liverpool Going to wait to see the teams first but I'm tempted to take the value on the over 2.5 (as I did last night with Inter Chelsea) Unirea simply have to be more attack minded and can't put 10 men behind the ball. If Liverpool have width and Torres they could easily cover the 3 goals themselves. I know this is well against their form of late but the value is there
One of my best midweeks in Europe was helped by betting on value rather than form. Food for thought ?

Fulham really don't deserve to be in this competition. They have not tried to play a single bit of football.
totally agree jack, poor side, eventhough they do get results by the means they have in the squad so tactical tough ones to beat, just hope juve gives them a lesson or two! Though i wasnt on Shakthar last night, ill back Shakthar any day against this team if they ever meet again!