** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

heniek31

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February

I'm not nit-picking or anything, but I think you have a few things wrong. Distin is not first choice - I would even argue to say he is FOURTH choice behind Yobo, Jagielka and Heitinga. Cahill is most certainly NOT a central midfielder - I would class Attacking midfielder as his first position, which IS different to what I would call a central midfielder (Essien for example). What do you mean even with Jagielka? Jagielka is a center back, Hibbert is a right back.
Are you David Moyes in disguise? What you are saying is subjective because Distin has featured in every Everton game when he's been fit. As for Cahill. That's really pedantic. Central midfielder is a broad term, but yes, if you want to nit pick, he is a slightly more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder :eyes Fair enough about Hibbert. I think the original point made was that he wasn't first choice, which you have now proved for me to be incorrect.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February sorry for late picks - Bet 1 - Wolfsberg straight win. very dangerous at home and Villareal poor away from home and will miss Cazorla greatly and if Rossi is missing as well that will be a massive blow. Dzeko very dangerous and I will be betting for the home win but small stakes. pays 21/20 with bet365 Shakhtar/Salzburg home win double. When did Fulham last play on a plastic pitch in very cold temperatures? Decent at home but think they will regret conceding the away goal in the last game. I see this as a huge home advantage. Salzburg solid at home and Liege have had a poor season by their standards. pays 1.45 with bet365 Juventus/Marseilles home double - Cannot see Juve letting their advantage slip. Can see them scoring then shutting up shop knowing Ajax will need to score 2 goals. Without goal machine Suarez I expect them to struggle. Juve have no chance to win serie A so will be keen to win this competition. Marseilles easily dispatched Copenhagon away from home and although they have a big game at the weekend I don't see the visitors playing away believing that they will score 3 goals to either win the tie or take it to extra time. pays 1.71 with bet 365 GL to all who bet :hope

Little surprised on most jumping on Salzburg. They have been great in this tourny but I saw them @The Olimpico vs Lazio and they were very fortunate to claim points let alone win, Lazio dominated the match and gave up 2 fluke goals late one was just an awful mistake in injury time. Lazio outplayed them in Salzburg but the ref turned a blind eye to a penalty shout by Lazio and while the Lazio players were complaining Salzburg countered to break 0-0 tie. Standard have been impressive from what I've seen in the CL and are on par IMO with Salzburg, if not slightly better. Salzburg really struggled with Foggia the tricky Lazio winger, Standard have a similar player in Witsel who scored 2 goals in 1st leg. I'll go with Standard +0.5, as I see them scoring and putting the pressure on Slazburg.
I hope you are wrong for my sake!! Don't forget that Salzburg are at home and Liege nowhere near as good as Lazio. Should be a good game and have not bet huge stakes as it is not that easy a game to call!

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February One other bet I like tonight is for Shakhtar to beat a -3 handicap @ 1.83. Fulham aren't the greatest away side, as we know, and eadh one of their opponents have beaten a -3 corner handicap in all but one away fixture they have played in the Europa league. The exception was against Vetra early in their campaign, who they beat 3-0. If Shakhtar play the way they did in the first half of the first leg, I can see them racking up a fair few corners.

One other bet I like tonight is for Shakhtar to beat a -3 handicap @ 1.83.
I read this and was like :unsure But then I saw "corners" and understood :lol It does indeed look a good bet, and I might follow you on that, seeing as I don't have a bet in that game already.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February thats true nicko but u know that small teams always try their best and sometimes make the impossible against the big ones and i support benfica,we smashed them 5-0 n we didnt even played that good.will they face sporting like they faced man u and chelsea?i watched last 10 sporting games n to tell u the truth,they didnt deserve to win any,they got smashed against porto n benfica last weeks,really smashed,with ole ole n even porto fans celebrate wen they scored.if u dont know,this is the second worse moment on their history,if they dont win tonite n sunday will be the worse moment on their history.thats pretty bad.when a team is down like this everythin can happen.not bet at all

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February Sorry about the late post...battery died in my car down town..lol...anyways getting back to the goals galore i decided to go for both teams to score in the fenerbahce,psv,werder bremen and wolfsburg game for 3 units at odds of 9/1 and the same bet for 1 unit with anderlecht.fenerbahce,psv,galatasary and wolfsburg matches at odds of 17/1 ...gl y.all :drums

I read this and was like :unsure But then I saw "corners" and understood :lol It does indeed look a good bet, and I might follow you on that, seeing as I don't have a bet in that game already.
:rollin Yeah, sorry, I was typing fast! 11 corners to zero in Shakhtar's favour. Can't see Fulham coming back from that.

Re: UEFA Europa Leauge 23-25 February no fkiely - they will be dead and dejected they have let in 3 away goals and they scored 2 meaning they need 4 goals to go through. ah well atleast red bull have a better chance in the next round now. (prays they go through)