** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis: 15th - 21st February

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February for all the boys who backed schwank i'd advise you to back hanescu to win the second set because when it gets to the business end scwank simply has nobottle!!!and even if he does win the second set....i'd be very surprised if he wins the match!!hanescu loating around 5-6 now to win second set!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February Going for a lot of outsiders in Dubai, feel it could be one of those crazy days.

Sport Tennis
Event Caroline Wozniacki v Dominika Cibulkova
Selection Dominika Cibulkova
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.55 (Back)
Reasoning Not sure about Wozniacki. She seems a little shaky at the start of the season. First match of the tournament, early start, decent chance ofr an upset. Cibulkova I think is coming back to form a little, still not at her best after injury problems last year, but could be getting pretty close. She's a real fighter and if Wozniacki is slightly off her game, the upset is on.
Sport Tennis
Event Jelena Jankovic v Aravane Rezai
Selection Aravane Rezai
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning Jankovic is another big name player I'm not sure about at the moment. She was poor in Australia, but got a couple of nice wins in Fed Cup. Fed Cup is very different to the tour though, and I'm not sure how she'll perform in this tournament. Rezai is a very talented player, and capable of big upsets. Jankovic killed her here in 2007 but that's the only meeting. Bartoli matches up excellently against Jankovic, and if Rezai is playing well I think she'll match up in a similar way.
Sport Tennis
Event Anna-Lena Groenefeld v Alicia Molik
Selection Alicia Molik
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.68 (Back)
Reasoning This seems like a very close match. Both come through qualifying and both cause an upset in round 1. Molik is fighting really hard in this tournament, and will be desperate for a run to get her ranking up. I haven't seen Groenefeld for a while, but last time I did she was in pretty poor shape. I think Molik will do a good job of moving her around and I like her for the win.
Sport Tennis
Event Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova v Tathiana Garbin
Selection Tathiana Garbin
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning This is a pretty good match up for Garbin. She's great at giving no pace, moving the ball around and making the ball bashers make errors. It happened in Australia where garbin beat Pavlyuchenkova in 3 sets. Garbin seems to have started the season well, is playing with a bit of confidence and on an outside in possible windy conditions I fancy her to take this.
Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta v Andrea Petkovic
Selection Andrea Petkovic
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.75 (Back)
Reasoning I first noticed Petkovic last year when she rolled through the draw in Bad Gastein. Was really impressed by her, and to be honest thought she would have done more damage by now. But maybe it's coming - she played pretty well last week and got a nice upset in round 1 against A Bondarenko. Pennetta will be a lot tougher, but she can throw in some dodgy performances, and is worth taking on at this price.
Sport Tennis
Event Vera Zvonareva v Kristen Flipkens
Selection Kristen Flipkens
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning This could be a tough spot for Zvonareva. She had the final in Thailand on Sunday, then had to fly to Dubai and had a tough 3 set match with Vesnina. Legs might hurt a bit the day after. Flipkens seems to be playing well, came through qualifying and got a nice win for me in round 1. I really like her, and after injury problems it's good to see her playing well. I've backed her a few times against the top players and it hasn't paid off yet, maybe my time is now. Take the lower price at Ladbrokes (best price 5.20 at Boylesports), as Laddies pay out on retirements.
Sport Tennis
Event Venus Williams v Sabine Lisicki
Selection Sabine Lisicki
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning This is worth a play, as I like opposing Venus outside of Grand Slams. Just think she's generally over rated and sometimes doesn't put in a good effort. Although she is defending champion here, so has probably come to play. Lisicki has beaten Venus before and that should give her confidence. I'm not sure how Lisicki is playing, she hasn't done much and lost a couple of matches you'd expect her to win. But the way she plays she is very dangerous and I think she can play well here and give Venus a lot of problems.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February

Sport Tennis
Event Denis Istomin v Christophe Rochus
Selection Christophe Rochus
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning Istomin is very dodgy and could well throw this. His schedule is strange, since Australia he's gone to Croatia where he retired, San Jose where he was very good and now back over to Europe here. In fact he played singles and doubles on Saturday before coming here so could throw in a soft one. Rochus isn't playing well at the moment but this play is going against Istomin.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February Like Smeg said earlier, I'll also be taking Baltacha to beat Voracova.... Baltacha to beat Voracova @ 1/2 Clear difference in level right now. Baltacha is into the top 100 now, having a great start to the year and playing with top confidence. Voracova has recorded some wins this year but playing nobody of note really. Baltacha reached the 3rd round at AO beating Kate Bondarenko before losing to Safina. Also won an event last week beating Domachowska and Lucie Hradecka. Girl is on the up. Expect her to come through this one tomorrow.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February great day today! tomjlanovic,gallovits, hanescu for second set, de brito,petshner, tetreault and krajicek all came in for me and the big winner for me was voegele as i had her to win first set at 4-1,the match at 6-1 and to beat the 6.5 handicap!! so hope people followed those tips! petschner and de brito weren't official tips but i backed them anyway! the only downside was barrois.....as she got hammered by keothavong!there was obviously something up as that result doesnt make a whole lot of sense.....but it was always a concern that she hadn't played in a while!!anyway,sorry to anyone who followed that tip!!

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February now for the tips for tomorrow!! zakapalova,monaco double with bet365 at just over 4-6 3 points! zakapalova is playing albanese in bogota tomorrow! this part of the season has traditionally been a fruitful time for zakapalova! klara loves the clay...she has ranking points to defend so she should be motivated.....she played an itf challenger last week beating fichman, tous and mayr before losing in 3 sets to eventual winner hercog!! she took a set off serena in the first round of the french last year....she can play! she is simply a class above albanese who is in woeful form at the moment....her last two efforst resulted in a 6-4,6-1 loss to osterloh and an even worse 6-3,6-1 loss to the very average sandra zahlavova!! zakapalova will have to have an absolute stinker to lose this one!! juan monaco is playing in front of his home crowd this week and he clearly enjoys it as his run to the final last year shows losing out unluckily in a 3rd set breaker to robredo!! he has had a weeks rest after making the final at vina del mar and should be really motivated to defend points but to maybe even go one step further!! kubot had a great run last week in brazil to the final but he looked a very tired man mentally and physically against ferrero!! monacos game is not too disimilar to ferrero(except a little less fire-power) but he's very consistent, a great fighter and tough on every point.....he doesn't mind a target at all and will have no problems (like ferrero)chasing down kubots drop shots and drop volleys! can only see this one going one way!!! 3 points

SportTennis
EventVenus Williams v Sabine Lisicki
SelectionSabine Lisicki +5.5 games
Strength10/10
Date16/02/2010
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @1.72[url=http://www.sports-punter.com/link.php?p=vcbet]
ReasoningLisicki started this tournoment well. If she had any injury problems , she would have had a tough match at the previous round.No player wants to play with Lisicki at the 2nd round. At the 2nd round top players can expect easy matches. But this will be a difficult match for Venus. Lisicki has a good serve and a nice forehand. Venus can win this match. But i don't expect venus to break Lisicki's serve more than one in a set. Handicap is valuable in my opinion.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February robby kendrick to beat ernest gulbis at 11-8 with bet365 2 points kendrick has qualified for this tournament with ease hammering all that was put in front of him including kevin kim 6-2.6-1!! though he didnt play any worldbeaters this shows thatat least his game is in good nick and he is motivated!! he generally plays his best tennis on home soil anyway!! he's got a big serve andis quite agrresive and though his strokes tend to break down against a very good defensive player.....ernest gulbis isn't that guy!!! ernests is just so opposable right now!!he was woeful in his first round at the australian open against monaco and then he got beaten in straight sets bto the over-rated leonardo mayer last week who in turn got hammered by roddick!! there is every chance that gulbis will just beat himself!!and anyway, kendrick is a good player and if he serves big like he can and takes the sets to breakers i'd expect him to play te big points better!!

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February stephanie voegele to beat kulikova at 5-6 with paddypowers 2 points i am going with my girl again!!beating petrova in two tiebreakers is a very good indication of where her game is at and it particularly shows a lot of mental strength to play the big points well!! i predict stephanie to be a future top ten player and she has a preety explosive game ...big serve, big groundstrokes but also nice variety and drop shots and she's not afraid to come to the net!! just needs a bit of work on her shot selection...sometimes goes for too much when its not called for!! kulikova is a player i like too and one to watch this season!! she got to the third round at wimbledon beating kleybanova on the way!! she lost a titanic tussle in the first round of the aussie open against the solid fighter zahlavova strycova......and for me thats a good barometer for where her game is at...she is mentally strong it seems but i don't believe that she is a star waiting to happen...(more a mentally strong version of a govortsova)...well thats my gut instinct anyway!!! and even though she beat kirilenko 6-1 6-3 the fact that it was so easy makes me suspicious!i'm going for my girl voegele again!!! an 2 points

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February rosanna de los rios to beat zac peskiric at 8-13 2 points!! de los rios is a modest but wily old veteran and generally a good match player!!this latin american clay court season is traditionally where she plays all her best tennis and probably how she pays the bulk of her bills!! the price is a little short but i do fancy her a lot in this one!! she is a former quarterfinalist n bogota! she won three matches last week in that challenger and only lost to ducque marino ! i think she's a good enough to beat zae peskiric who is talented but mentally weak!!

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February any quick thoughts on dementieva hantuchova? pretty good under a few legs. i figure dementieva for the win. hantuchova's an excellent player and reliable to beat players under her but i don't think is at a higher level. past results are decent proof. if anyone agrees that'd be a pretty good backer.

Memphis - Taylor Dent vs Philipp Petzschner: Dent at 1.81 Although Petzschner showed signs of a revival in Johannesburg, where he made the semi-finals, I think Dent is a bad match up for him. The American will love the quick plexipave surface, with his big serve-and-volley tactics. He'll have the crowd behind him and I think the German may find breaking serve extremely tough. Think the odds are a big too big on the American here, so I'm happy to back him. Bet strength: 7pts Marseille - Mischa Zverev vs David Guez: Guez at 1.98 Zverev's having a horrible time at present and just can't seem to get a win. I was very surprised he couldn't be Sisjling in Rotterdam last week and Guez is a very similar opponents. Indoors, I'd rate the Frenchman higher than Sisjling. He recorded some good wins indoors last year, the best being his defeat of Stanislas Wawrinka in Paris. Zverev's confidence will be at a low ebb and it's worth chancing the Frenchman here. Bet strength: 4pts Good luck, Atko
Dent loses 1-6 6-3 6-4. Guez loses 7-6 6-4. Painful one, culminating in an 11pt loss :loon Let's hope for better in my following selections...

any quick thoughts on dementieva hantuchova? pretty good under a few legs. i figure dementieva for the win. hantuchova's an excellent player and reliable to beat players under her but i don't think is at a higher level. past results are decent proof. if anyone agrees that'd be a pretty good backer.
Dementieva should win, far superior player and h2h is massively in her favour. But she did win Paris last week with some really tough matches, so it would be a no bet for me. Wouldn't back Hantuchova against the top players at all, seen her lose to Serena on one leg before....:eek

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February One bet for me today in Memphis... Memphis - Jarkko Nieminen vs Dudi Sela: Sela at 2.03 Not sure why the Finn is the favourite here when you consider that he's had a poor run recently. He struggled to get past Lars Poerschke in San Jose last week and was easily disposed of by Berdych. Ever since his catalogue of injuries, he's struggled to hit previous heights. Sela does like hard courts and has been consistent over the last few months. He's got a winning record over left-handed players and will have more in the tank here. The price is too generous on Sela not to take. Bet strength: 5pts Good luck, Atko

Sport Tennis
Event Roger-Vasselin - Llodra
Selection Llodra - 1.5 Sets (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Interwetten @ 2.50 (Back)
Reasoning Llodra didnt start this year very good,but looked much better last week against Chuidinelli in tough loss.He reached final at this event last year as this surface is tailor made for his net rushing game. He usually puts his best performances at home events so this looks like nice spot to tourn year around.His opponent past qualification here and is a solid player but mostly for challenger level.As he does posses very good serve and plays attacking tennis so his best result are also from indoor surface. But Llodra is classier in every department and i see him as clear favourite here.

Sport Tennis
Event Zakopalova - Albanese
Selection Zakopalova - 1.5 Sets (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.72 (Back)
Reasoning Zakopalova is a typical claycourter with fluent shots from both wings and great movement at red dirt.She struglled so far as she lacks power in her game and with low quality serve is much more vulnerable at hardcourts.But last week at clay challenger in Cali she already recorded three solid wins and defeat in tough match to eventual champion.First up for her is Albanese talented American but with game much more suited for hardcourts. She posses very good serve but that is really only advantage for her in this matchup. She has power but lacks consistency to hit through solid defence of her opponent.She played only two matches so far and recorded an easy defeat in first round last week.I cant see any problems here for more experinced player and expect a easy win for her.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February Hi guys, Two picks for the evening matches today: ATP BUENOS AIRES: VOLANDRI TO D MOYA @ 1.8 on betfair Moya is coming back after a break of 10 months. His record since the comeback is 0:2 and at the age of 33 he will never come back to his prime form. Volandri had a lot of good clay court tennis lately coming through qualies here and in Brazil last year. Moya and Volandri have played a lot of close matches over the past years but Volandri should have better current form. WTA MEMPHIS: OUDIN TO D GLATCH @ 1.35 on betfair Oudin is a certain top 20 potential even this year. After a very successful Wimbledon and US Open last year, she confirmed her form with a SF last week losing in SF to Dementieva in a very close match. Glatch is an another promising junior player from US but she is yet to prove herself on a WTA level.

Sport Tennis
Event Ferrero - Mello
Selection Ferrero -1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.55 (Back)
Reasoning For me Ferrero not have any problems with win in two sets in this match. Ferrero take very good form, won tournament in Brazil and want take good result in this. Ferrero have great return, in final destroy Kubot 6-0, 6-1! Ferrero in Brazil won against Mello 6-4, 6-2.. Ferrero is not more tired than Mello, because player from Brazil before tournament in Brazil play in 4 tournaments! This match play in Argentina.. Mello not have fire from support, because Argentina supporters not like players from Brazil. Supporters are on Ferrero side. I see 2-0 for Ferrero, I take it with full stakes.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February Sport Tennis Event Pous Tio vs Koryttseva Selection Koryttseva -4 Games (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 16/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back) Reasoning Pous Tio is a modest player in my opinion.She is now on 458th place in WTA ranking and this year so far she played only with another modest players,rather with similar level players like her.Koryttseva I guess is a decent player,on 111th place in WTA ranking,she will play first match on clay tonight in this year. I am convinced that Koryttseva will win here and I think she can with a clear difference of games,because I am sure will be difficult for Pous Tio ,tonight she will play really with a strong player compared with the opponents by so far.I try -4 Games AH for the player from Ukraine. Sport Tennis Event Gasquet vs Chela Selection Gasquet -3.5 Games (Asian Handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 16/02/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.97 (Back) Reasoning Here,for me,is clear who will win the meeting.Richard Gasquet is much higher than Chela,on clay the French always had good evolutions(you can see last year),while Juan Chela is by the end of career,having 30 years.Chela lost last week in tournament from Costa do Sauipe in optimals with Berlocq(on 295th place) in 2 sets,so is hard to believe he can obtain something tonight with the strong player Gasquet.I expect a easy victory for Gasquet,I try -3.5 Games for him.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February hi i am new to this forum what means -3.5 gems can someone explain does the player need to win in all sets by 4 games diference then the oposide player or if he win onle in 1 set wit -3.5 games and you win the bet ????? pls help me fast

hi i am new to this forum what means -3.5 gems can someone explain does the player need to win in all sets by 4 games diference then the oposide player or if he win onle in 1 set wit -3.5 games and you win the bet ????? pls help me fast
It's -3.5 games from the total games in the match. Say you had Roddick -3.5 games to beat Blake.....score 6-4 6-4 for example wins the bet....12 games for Roddick to Blake's 8 games. Just add both players total games at the end.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February apologies to midnight sun if he followed my tip on voegele!! think yesterdays match probably took it out of her today!! she's young and and still a bit raw and i can totally see how her agrresive game could fall apart but still....poor from her! not sure what happened really......very surprised!!! sorry guys! hope ye have been following my other tips which are going well....if that makes up for it at all!!

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February pauline parmentier to beat corinne dentoni at 8-15 bet365 2 points! even though the price is short i think there is a lot of value in it!!(i would have thought 2-5 was the more likely price) parmentiers favourite surface is clay!she had a decent showing last week in the fed cup where she beat christina mchale in straights and was competitive against melanie oudin! so the good news is she is in decent form! dentoni is a mediocre italian player who rarely wins a match at wta tour level and has never qualified for the main draw of a grand slam in 7 tries!! she also got beaten last week in a challenger 2-6 2-6 to eventual champion dentoni!! parmentier would have to have a bad off day to lose this one!! and considering her decent form at the fed cup and the fact that she's made the trip to bogota all the way from france she must be motivated! 8-15 is a generous price!

Sport Tennis
Event Jankovic - Zvonareva
Selection Zvonareva
Strength 10/10
Date 17/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Zvonareva raced through todays match with 60 60 scoreline and against a pretty solid opposition that seems mighty impressive.It doesnt look like a tiredness will be a issue tomorrow against Jankovic and based on what they shown here so far she is almost certain winner.Jankovic is playing pretty bad as she lacks confidence and is afraid to go for her shots.I watched her last two matches and in Fed Cup against Kuznetsova she was playing like herself for some time but when she got to winning position she just couldnt find the court from nerves.Today she won but basically just because Rezai chokes badly and goes for some strange shots in crucial times.I cant see Jankovic tourning her game all of sudden tomorrow and expect from Vera who is on top of her game to dictate the play.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February andreas seppi to beat arnaud clement 1 point at 11-10! this is a value price!!seppi is more than comfortable on this fast surfaces......he's reached the 4th round at wimbledon once and 3rd round twice! i think he will enjoy playing against clements counter-punching style!and although clement is playing in front of home soil and has showed something of a renaissance in form 2010, he's never been a man to play consistently well over the course of a season and seppi has a 2-0 head to head record against him(on grass and hard)! seppi lost last week 6-2 6-2 to melzer but he didnt play that bad actually!! melzer played out of his skin! i think he represents the value for a small bet!! i expect there to be a lot of breaks if its been done in-running!!