** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis: 15th - 21st February

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February philipe petzschner to beat lukas lacko at 8-11 with boylesports 2 points!! i think this is a very generous price!! petzschner has already beaten two decent opponents in tatlor dent (after losing the first set 6-1) and korolev (7-6,7-6) so he obviously is playing the big players well!he is the type of player that plays his way into tournaments and always brings his best game to the business end of tournamenst!! he got to the semi-final of the zagreb open losing in two tight sets to the in-form lefty michael berrer who pushed cilic all the way in that match!!(in fairness petzschner had his chances in that match)! the interesting thing about this price is that petzschner had already beaten lacko at the zagreb open only a few weeks ago.....on a similar surface because it's playing quite fast this week......and he beat lacko quite comprehensively....after losing the first set he won 6-2 6-2!!! he has the type of style that lacko wouldn't appreciate....he keeps the points short with his serve and volley style and has a big serve ....he plays the slice backhand very well and doesnt really give his opponents much rhythm which lacko enjoys!! lackos results so far this week aren't particularly impressive compared to petzschner.....he should have been beaten by bobby reynolds who is struggling for form as it is.....and then chardy retired in the next round!! i fancy petzchner to confirm the edge he had in zagreb today and 8-11 should not be ignored!! btw....i also backed that gooner tip of llodra plus 4.5 games against soderling!he's playing great this week....serving great....he has the type of style that unsettles soderling....that net rushing go for broke style.....soderling likes to be the boss of the points!! robin might be a bit tired after last week (we learned how this could be a factor the hard way in the womens tennis this week......i'm still reeling after melanie oudins horror show yesterday) and wasn't impressive against stakhovsky who's style isn't a millions miles away from llodras....a little less aggressive perhaps!! llodra has beaten soderling in an atptour final already in his career two years ago and though robin is a different player now i give llodra a great chance!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February Remember Soderling playing Lopez at the end of last year. He struggled hugely with Lopez slice and rushing to the net. Lefty serving out wide and approaching the net on return....a great tactic versus Soderling. My worry is Soderling has served well so far....not sure Stakhovsky broke him at all. Anyway, hopefully Llodra does well.....I took the overs in the end Smeg......but think both that and the handicap can come up You getting involved in Keothavong's match later??? Looks a good price.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February

Sport Tennis
Event Zeballos - Monaco
Selection Zeballos
Strength 5/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning Zeballos had troubles at the beginning of season as he was coming of wrist injuri and that affected his performances.He had a brekthrough season last year and played well on all sort of surfaces.His approach to game is pretty offensive as he has very good serve,and likes to close the net after solid attacking options.He looked pretty impressive yesterday and gave no chances to Moya.Monaco beat him easily in Auckland and is in better form overall this year but yesterday had lots of problems against Chela and although Chela looked much improved this week odds look to shortish to me on Monaco today.As Zeballos is another step in class,he is serving much better than Chela and is more powerfull and consistent from back.Monaco is bad matchup for him as he is one of best defenders in the game and can expose some holes in game of Zeballos,especially his backhand wing,but i dont think his level is that great this week,so odds here present some value.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February i actually did get involved in the keothavong match already and i've backed anne at 5-4!! yesterday oudins loss against arviddson was one of the most painful losses i've ever had in my betting career!!! the pain was eased a little because i had a great day over all.....had a big bet on parmentier....forgot to post it here....but anyway oudins loss was sickening and i couldnt even cover the bet as i can't get a bet on with stan james anymore!! anyway, for arviddson to beat oudin 6-1,6-3 is a freak scoreline and it has to do with oudin's collapse physically or mentally after so many matches lately than arviddsons amazing form i think!! i even stayed away from oudin in the first two rounds for this reason!! i still feel the bet had to be made as 8-15 was just a wrong price and if a price like that comes up in a grandslam between the two i'll stake the same again!! anyway....enough about that!! arvidssons form in the first two rounds i think is a more realistic reflection of where her game is at.....she went to 3 sets with domachowska and vania king.....whcih are solid results that show she is playing well but neither of those players are world beaters and both matches did go to 3 sets!! sofia leads the head-to-head 4-3 but most of those wins came up to 3 or 4 years a go when keothavong really was struggling to find her feet as a pro...it's only the last year or two that she's made her mark....her real breakthrough coming when she beat schiavone in the 2nd round of the us open 2008! and it's worth mentioning that anne won the most recent meeting 6-2,6-2 on grass last year!! i just feel that annes results have been hugely impressive this week......she beat 3 quality players in straight sets.....barrois, de brito and sprem and looks really confident and i don't think she should be considered to be underdog here so i backed her but just a small bet!!! what's your thoughts gooner!! llodras looking good!!!!! (last i checked anyway)

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February Yeah Llodra is flying.....just need both players to win 3 service games each now to beat the overs. Soderling doesn't like hitting a target, he's out of his comfort zone here. Agree totally on Keothavong Smeg. I underestimated her earlier in the week but she's flying. Dunno what to make of Arvidsson beating Oudin....that's the only thing putting me off backing Keothavong really. It's 50:50 match though so value on Anne.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February Dunno what to make of Arvidsson beating Oudin....that's the only thing putting me off backing Keothavong really. From her Wta blog. My singles match was a little bit rough today - I lost 1 and 3. Sofia played a really good match. I can see how she won this tournament before. She's a really good player. I tried everything I could but I wasn't playing my best tennis today. She played well, so that's how I ended up losing. I've been playing a lot of matches lately but that's not an excuse for me - I actually play better when I play a lot, I like playing a lot. I just have to keep working hard now.

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February gisela dulko to beat sandar zahlavoa in straight sets at 4-5 stan james! 2 points i already tipped up dulko in an accumulator but i like this bet as well!! she looks really focused this week....she got to the final of this tournament last year(beaten by martinez-sanchez) and she'll be aiming to go one better this year! she's already beaten johannson and gallovits comfortably in straight sets this week and they are both superior to zahlavova who has been very lucky to get a cushy draw so far (she was beaten 2 and 2 by castano last week) dulko is way out of her league and i don't expect her to slip up! 2 points sara errani to beat parra santonja in straights at 8-11 stan james! errani hammered a poor opponent in espinosa 3 and 1 two days ago and though espinosa is poor that scoreline looks ominous for santonja who battled past savchuk and mayr so far but is meeting someone a huge step up in class today!! when errani feels the mood she can be ruthless and if she plays anything near her best she should win easy!! llodra you legend!!!!!!

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February better the last day and a bit hopefully. Hopefully I'm on the verge of another good run...

Sport Tennis
Event Gael Monfils v Julien Benneteau
Selection Julien Benneteau
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Let's have a try with Benny. He's looked reasonable this week, he's got a game I really like and in France he's dangerous (just ask Roger!). Not sure about Monfils. Had a big struggle with Seppi and has Acapulco next week. Outsider got a very good chance here.

Sport Tennis
Event John Isner v Ivo Karlovic
Selection Ivo Karlovic
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.14 (Back)
Reasoning Spin a coin, and make your choice! Could argue this is the most 50/50 match going, so take the outsider. Both se4rving like gods, both looked good this week and both in good form this year. Surely this is very close, and just come down to a couple of points. I very slightly favour Karlovic, he can mix it up a little more and is better at the net, and this might be able to get him a break. So I'd have him as the tinyest of favourites, even though it is in the US.
Sport Tennis
Event Juan Monaco v Horacio Zeballos
Selection Horacio Zeballos
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning I like Zeballos, think he's got something about him. But this play is about going against Monaco. He got to the final last week, had a very tough match last night. By all accounts he was garbage and apparently is ill, so not sure about him here. Zeballos has enough to make this tough, and I like his chances here.
Sport Tennis
Event Mischa Zverev v Guillame Rufin
Selection Mischa Zverev -4.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.87 (Back)
Reasoning I like Zverev to take this easily. He finally got a win in the first round, and then a big upset against Robredo. Now he's really on a role, and his confidence must be boosted massively. Rufin has done very well to get a couple of wins, but they have been against chumps. This will be much tougher, against a real hard court player. Rufin has been struggling on serve and think he'll get a beating tonight.

Sport Tennis
Event Sofia Arvidsson v Anne Keothavong
Selection Anne Keothavong
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.20 (Back)
Reasoning Keothavong has been a big price all week. I've been following her and will continue to do so today. She's simply playing great and is still under rated. Arvidsson surprised me yesterday with a very annoying win over Oudin. She's having a great run here from qualifying and through some tough matches, hopefully this is the end of the run. I don't really like her, think Keothavong is a better player and will gladly take her as an outsider.

One bet for me on quarter-final day... Memphis - John Isner vs Ivo Karlovic: Isner at 1.93 If only you could bet on the number of aces...! This is going to be a serve fest and although Karlovic has been playing well this week, I fancy the American to prevail here. He's probably the more talented of the two in terms of groundstrokes and has been improving immensely in the last few months. He also has home advantage, which might prove crucial on the tie-break points (let's face it, there's going to be one). Karlovic won their only previous meeting two years ago but Isner's game has improved markedly since then. It'll be tight but I'm happy to back the big American to take this. Bet strength: 5pts Good luck, Atko
Isner wins 6-1 7-6 :ok The American's win secures at nice 4.3pt profit :)

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Roddick v Sam Querrey
Selection Sam Querrey +2.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Always close matches between these two. Querrey was very close to Roddick last week and has a good chance of getting the win here. Roddick was really tested by Blake and you just have to think Querrey will be close here. Like the hadicap as Roddick is still very good when it gets close.

Sport Tennis
Event Lllodra - Zverev
Selection Llodra -1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.37 (Back)
Reasoning For me Llodra take win without many problems, this odds look very good for me, I take it. Llodra in this tournament take fantastic form, won against Baghdatis and Soderling, both matches 2-0! Today against Soderling not concended a serve game. Llodra is left hander and love play with left handers! Llodra play with tactic serve and voley - Zverev hate it. Llodra play at home, support give fire for this player. Llodra in last year go to Final, in this year repeat this result. Zverev is in worse form and is more tired than Llodra - in all matches in this tournament play 3 sets. Zverev is not have chance with Llodra serve, really. Zverev lost 5 matches in a row with left hand players.. Lost 5 matches in a row with big servers. I see Llodra win in two sets!

Sport Tennis
Event Querrey - Roddick
Selection Querrey to win
Strength 10/10
Date 19/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 3.03 (Back)
Reasoning For me Querrey win this match, I see very good value in this odds. Querrey in this month play against Roddick, but take unlucky lost - 6-2, 6-7, 6-7. Querrey after lost against Roddick in San Jose, take 100% fit and form for Memphis and.. 6-2, 6-3 against Ram and 6-4, 6-0 against Mayer. Not concended a serve game in this tournament, lose only 10 balls after first serve! This is perfect moment to win against Roddick. Roddick in last 12 days play 7 matches, 12 hours on the court. Propably is tired.. Not look great in this tournament - lucky win after 3 sets against Blake and not clear win against Lu. Second serve look bad. For me this is very good chance to Querrey win!

Re: Tennis: 15th - 21st February V.Williams - Azarenka Venus played very good tennis this week , especially against Lisicki and Peer.Also she is defending champion here. So , she wants to defend her ranking points. Moreover she didn't lose any single set at this tournament. On the other hand Azarenka may have been eliminated at the Groenefeld match. When Venus is at her high level , azarenka can not beat her. They have met in 2008 and Venus won the match very easily. Venus Williams to beat azarenka @1.68 ( pinnacle sports ) Strength : 10 / 10

Llodra vs Soderling over 21.5 games @ 4/6 (Medium Stake : 7/10) Azarenka to beat Radwanska 2-0 @ 10/11 (Small stake : 5/10) Isner/Karlovic over 10.5 games 1st set @ Evens Isner/Karlovic over 10.5 games second set @ Evens Roddick/Querrey over 10.5 games 1st set @ 11/8
WIN WIN LOSS WIN WIN..........:cheers

Sport Tennis
Event Jo Wilfreid Tsonga v Julien Benneteau
Selection Julien Benneteau
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 3.75 (Back)
Reasoning This price looks pretty huge doesn't it? Benneteau took care of Monfils yesterday so why not Tsonga today? He's playing great and is a tough opponent for Tsonga. H2H is 3-3 with Tsonga winning 3 matches in slams and Benneteau winning 3 outside of slams. Tsonga seems to be playing well this week, hasn't really been tested (and I haven't seen much of him). I'd have this more like 2.75.
Sport Tennis
Event Michael Llodra v Mischa Zverev
Selection Lay Mischa Zverev (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.95 (Lay)
Reasoning Llodra is on a roll this week and playing very well. He's put in top class performances against Baghdatis and Soderling and I can't see him having any problems here. Zverev has started getting some wins which must be a boost, but he was pretty dire against Rufin last night. I can't see him reaching a level to keep this close against on fire Llodra.
Sport Tennis
Event Venus Williams v Victoria Azarenka
Selection Venus Williams -1.5
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.90 (Back)
Reasoning I've been opposing Venus this week, but have to be honest she's been impressive. Taken some tough tests and looked fairly comfortable in every match. She's usually great in finals and I see her giving Azarenka a lesson here. Azarenka has been playing great this week but Venus will probably be too much to handle.
Sport Tennis
Event Gisela Dulko v Angelique Kerber
Selection Lay Angelique Kerber (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.10 (Lay)
Reasoning Don't see many problems for Dulko here. She's been very solid this week and does well in these South American tournaments. She's a level or 2 above Kerber and that should show today. Kerber has had a decent run this week but this is where it ends I think.

Sport Tennis
Event Benneteau - Tsonga
Selection Benneteau +3.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning I see chance for Benneteau to take good result in this match. Benneteau play very good tournament in Marseille - not concended a single set in this tournament, won against Bohli, Serra and Monfils. Yesterday against Monfils play very good -won 70% balls on the serve, broken 4 times very good Monfils serve.. Benneteau won in this match minimum one set, really. Tsonga defending points from last year(final), myabe win, but I dont see easy match for Jo. Tsonga play with bad players - two lucky losers - in both matches Tsonga have problems - 7:6, 6:5 against Ouanna and 6-3, 6-4 against Marchenko. Very bad second serve against Marchenko(39% balls won). On hard surface is 2-1 for Benneteau.

Sport Tennis
Event Sam Querrey v Ernests Gulbis
Selection Lay Ernests Gulbis (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.10 (Lay)
Reasoning Can't see Sam losing this. He playing really well the past couple of weeks and serving great. He got his win over Roddick last night and I think he'll back it up. Berdych imploded yesterday against Gulbis. Can't see Sam offering him the same opportunities. Could be close for a while, but you just expect Gulbis to be the one who will throw in a shocking service game when it matters.